Val's Cafe

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792

Morning everyone

I'm in the motorhome and too warm!!!!!!!!!!!!! The heating is too good in here but we do have it on low all night.

Morning Joan hope you and Sue are both well? Did you buy anything in town and go to your café ? All is well here in the motorhome back lunchtime so Sleek isn't missing us for too long. Take care ((())) xxx

Skinny K don't tell me you have a rat?! How scary. You know people actually get them and mice in their motorhomes....looks around nervously😥

Poor little Sucré not again mind it is so normal at his age bless him while his immune system is developing, but this time I hope you don't catch it too. Last time it knocked you for 6. A greggs is fine for him (and you!) being Skinny S for maybe Skinny Jnr takes after his Daddy. Sleep is good he's healing then.

I agree to be honest All my Nissans are so familiar to drive I just feel right at home when I get behind the wheel. You understand I know. The ZX is still a rather futuristic looking sporty number isn't it? Maybe I'm just an attention seeker!

Hope you slept ok and your tablets are as they should be.

Morning Reshmi

I love toady's pic adorable she looks fabulous😊

How is your stomach today? Even better I hope and the cold isn't too bad for either you or your Mum.

The tea is poured above.

HD was ok thanks to the correct bottle of shampoo appearing in the HD's hands and my soya milk going in my decaf coffee perfectly.😉

Kari was with me too and having hers done so distraction was easily done and she was able to get my fringe trimmed to exactly the right length. Which is what is needed she always cuts mine too long and I can't see a matter of weeks afterwards.🙄

Take care ((()))

Charlestown How are you today? Not had good night I see😕 That's not good but siestas are if needed.

Please don't worry about typos we al do them even on the lap tp[ like me. There you go I left that one in to prove it!! It's partly our hands and fingers not being as nimble as other people.

The Chase is lovely I will take more pics to show you when I'm there. This afternoon I will be on my bike locally with my sister. Sometimes I see a whole herd of deer. I have no problem walking alone, but I ahve been known to 'borrow' a dog too!

Take care.

Morning Toady😊

Is Sleek with you already muttering about being abandorated again? We'll be back by 11 we are only in Shrewsbury and she would be so so so very welcome to join us🙄

Oh no do you think people will think we have GC?😮 oh no no no! Never mind who cares better to be getting older than not be here.

What on earth did they do with your meds?🤬 I am fuming on your behalf.

I have a pic somewhere of Sleekipuss looking at the fish-tank saying 'Yu say tank, I say sooop' To be fair she ignores them pretty much. Did you both go out on your scooters? Thanks BTW for not telling her about the old photo. I'd be in sooo much trouble.

I don't think she quite 'gets' how annoying watchers are to sellers, but she probably does. Did you get the side eye after your comment? That and a little dismissive huff? I bet you did.

Well I'd better get on hope your day is good.

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,709

Good morning everyone wppl xx

Ps earl grey sugar biscuits 🍪 xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day love to your carers.

Toady (()) sorry you lost the auction. And your tablets I hope they can be changed so you can have the ones that are right for you. We went to town yesterday I went to Fresco to get some Ovtinetine they don’t sell it. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s nice going in the motor home it’s fine at the moment. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry your mums (()) not well. Have a good day take care.

Skinny Keef (()) Sorry Sucr’e (())has a cold it’s not nice when they are not well. Love to Loanda(()) you don’t need Rats we had them.

Charlestown (()) animals are lovely they don’t ask for much. All the years we have had them. They only go to the vets for check ups i a year. Have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni toady Joan SK and C

sorry I’m abbreviating but otherwise I just won’t get things done lol

how are you all today?

mums bs is ok 🙏

I think she’s generally feeling a bit better today thanks Joan and Toni 👍

My stomach is ok at long last 🎉thanks for asking

good that your hair and fringe cut went ok Toni

and that Kari helped you out

I used to have a fringe too, long ago, but it would grow out so quickly and I’d have to pin it back, do you like pinning your hair back Toni? Or does faffing around with clips, as it were, annoy you?

I’m glad soya milk went in the tea and not on your head lol

thanks for my tea ☕️

BR’s stomach is ok too - like his mima’s lol - the lady doc pressed his tummy recently which made him very happy, he laughed and giggled ❤️

verdict was he’s absolutely fine now and he had a four course breakfast today

blearios, toast, biccies and jelly, my goodness I’m going on holiday to MH haha

LA got full marks in spelling test and even wrote some extra words to show off 😂

👋S Keef sorry about Sucre, how’s he feeling now?

👋 Charlestown how are you?Thanks, I went to Morocco a long time ago, yes it does have beautiful architecture

👋 toady glad you liked your artistic depiction lol, how did you sleep?

BR was teaching Big Babu how to pronounce “harmonica” on the phone haha

ill have to stop there for now

have a nice afternoon everyone take care xx

ps Toni’s new haircut lol xx

• Gadgetgirl
    Gadgetgirl Member Posts: 51

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm just chilling in between playing on my VR which I'm addicted to but it keeps me moving

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Hi people 👋

Not a bad day all told but really quite cold, keef's not wrong there - you can pass any EW (excess warmth) from the motorhome this way frog (and I hope you aren't even thinking about coming back without any Shrewsbury biscuits 🤨). Must have been a nice day if you had some sun like here 😀 Sleek was not too disgruntled, as it was a short trip, she magnanimously let you off. Yes there was a definite little huffy moment at the watchers comment 😄 but no offence and none taken. Glad she is back at yours I self-inflicted a raft of boring jobs on myself today, none of interest to a small cat, but I have got through most. Tolerable out in the garden, no wind no rain!, 2 robins today, good of them to turn up for GBBW weekend 📝🐦️. Thank you I suppose I will get the meds sorted, sometimes these small things are just the last thing you want, blithely opening the box and seeing an 'alien' packet of meds just threw me a right loop 🙄 always something. Hope you are having a good afternoon, teabreak for me and then back to the small jobs 👍️ :) xx

Hello joan, there are always more silly auctions for people like me to bid on 😊 I buy enough as it is. Small things though. Yes I was looking for malted drinks in fresco online too, not sure about ovaltine, but their own brand type malted chocolate drink was unavailable and the price of h*rlicks these days! 😱 that wouldn't exactly aid a restful night's sleep you would be thinking about what it cost 😂. Two robins in the garden today, nice to see them 😊. Have a good Sunday :) xx

Hi bosh, glad you're feeling more settled. I actually slept ok thanks I was tired when I went like I said, overtired really, but I listened to the radio a bit and after that don't think I woke up again which is the main thing 😀. Not doing much today just odd jobs. Well done LA in the spelling test, can't comment on the showing off element it would be a case of 'littleys in glass houses', I was always a bit too pleased to get 10/10 but in my defence it was & still is about my only skill 😄. Glad little BR is okay, he can keep all our shares of lady docs pressing tummies, if only it worked that way! Hope you get your things to do done too and have a good night yourself 😊 xx

Sorry about the early hours hot milk & sleeplessness keef, hope you have caught up since, & family doing ok today. Definitely cold but it will be 11 tomorrow and 9 overnight allegedly! almost biking weather? 🤔 Have a good Sunday whatever :) xx

Hope you are having a good weekend Charlestown and your 'family and other animals' are all well 😊👍️ xx

Hi @Gadgetgirl, ooh tell us a little more about the VR (I take it you mean a vr headset it's not really my sort of thing), how do you get on with it, I tend to think it would make me feel off balance or something. Video games are ok but I've never been able to do anything too fast or up & down type.. was the sort of kid that couldn't go on roundabouts so I was never going to make a gamer 🙄 😂. Have a good evening & Sunday 👋 xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

Hello all.

Toni, yes it was a camper/caravan forum i got the idea of using fabric conditioner sheets to keep the rats out, they hate the smell apparently, and a lot use them in their campers etc in the down time to make sure the vermin don’t move in. Hence the Fabreez. I heard a suspicious noise under the floor, but I am not 100% certain, it could have been one of the radiators pinging, to be honest after the last time I put so much expanding foam under there I just don’t see how they could get that far under, it is supposed to be rodent deterrent as well.

I have played music on my speakers quite loudly for the last 24 hours and it was when I was ill with a migraine for 3 days and was confined to quarters that they moved in last time. Loanda is a gem though she was straight out there doing what she could to investigate and try to solve the problem. She is wanting to buy chicken wire to solve the problem and I think it would work and it wouldn’t be visible either.

I cleaned my bike today, a proper clean, and it is spotless now after being filthy from the trip to see mum on Thursday. I covered it in 365 spray, which buffs up almost as well as a polish but it is an anti-corrosion treatment which neutralises the salt. I often stay off the roads when salty but can’t do that at the moment as they’ll be salting again tonight and I will need my bike Monday or Tuesday to go to nifnif’s to see Hooli. I am feeling terrible now, no doubt as a result of cleaning the bike and just want to get an early night.

Sucré seems much better, so much so he went swimming today. I went on bike to pool and stood there in a daze looking at how clean it was when I parked up before going in to watch him swim with Anda and Wifwoof. He was a champion swimmer in his younger days and is qualified in everything swim orientated including sub aqua and saving drowning idiots. Then I cooked them all dinner, although it was only ham, egg and chips as requested by Anda. I took tram and headed for a lay down straight after dinner. So i have had the whole day one way or another with Hooli and he even watched from the stairs as i cleaned the Beemer and I explained what each stage was, I have some foaming detergent spray called Monkey Wash that smells of bananas that he though was funny. Can use it on campers too Toni. Says so on the bottle.

But like I say feeling rough now so will probably just gtb. Oh I was doing so well until starting that sentence with ‘but’!!!! Almost grammatically much more beterer.

goodnight everyone x

• toady

'night all, glad Sucré better keef and you have all had a good/busy/day as far as it goes. (sausage egg & chips here, as it happens, vegetarian sausage but they are really v good, better than 'the old days'). Are there any statistics on what music rats like the least, maybe it's a good burst of middle of the road you need 🤨. How is your mum doing btw? as well as poss I hope. Have a good night 👋 xx

ps Being lazy earlier it's not the GBBW it's the BGB, aka Big Garden Birdwatch, if anyone interested or already does it 🐦️ https://www.rspb.org.uk/whats-happening/big-garden-birdwatch/submission

love to all 😘 xx

• bosh

Good night toady and everyone take care xx

• Skinny Keef

Hi Toady, mum is okay thanks. There was a big mix up with various results and we were wrongly advised that she did not have any form of dementia, her memory problems being attributed to age related changes, then a couple of weeks ago the nurse from memory clinic turned up and dropped the bombshell that she has Alzheimer's as I think I posted already. Not to mention the mix up with the ECG. Anyway, Thursday was the first time she didn’t recognise me straight away. It was only a slight pause and she hid it well but there was definitely a few seconds delay. She is still in good spirits though and loved watching Sucré playing with the board games in the lounge, including Operation with the tweezers and light up nose. Anyone else remember that game??

Thanks for asking Toady.

I am off for a skinny 2am Snack. I took tram and naproxen and I still have too much pain to sleep.

• frogmorton

Morning everyone

Morning Joan how are you and Sue today? It was lovely to get away in the motorhome but also lovely to be back with my little cat again. It wasn't at all cold. I got Paul on his electric bike for the first time on the site too he liked it. Have a nice Sunday ((())) xxx

Morning @Gadgetgirl lovely to see you popping in here I hope you helped yourself to a cuppa? You are so welcome anytime you fancy stopping by.

Morning Reshmi I am very glad to read your stomach is much better and BR's is too. Mum's BS is stable (honestly she should be proud of herself with that) and her cold is easing off phew! I'll be glad to finish these iron tablets.

Where did you find the pic of my haircut?! I thought I had my settings on private😁 Think I might need a shave though.... I do sometimes have to clip my hair up or put it in a band I probably do that more if it's a bit too wild. I always start like that if i am driving the Fig with the roof down😊 Fringes do grow so quickly don't they?🙄

Did BIL give BR that breakfast? Sounds like his kind of meal. I am very pleased to hear that at the ripe old age of 70-something( exact figure remains top-secret) Big Babu knows how to pronounce harmonica. A very tricky word that.

Take care and have a restful and peaceful day i hope ((()))

Morning Skinny K how are you today? No cold yet I hope?

The little one though how quickly did he recover for this last cold! Well done Sucré.

Sorry your Mum, for just a millisecond, didn't recognise you. I'm glad it was brief. I used to love that game operation. My friend had it so I made a point of getting it for my own girls along with hungry hippo.

Loanda is a good woman doing that and yes chicken wire and the fabric conditioner will help I'm sure. My friend uses tea tree oil spray too.

The bike sounds to be spotless🙂. I am going to clean Penelope again later she got dirty yesterday and the day before and like you I hate the salt. It's going to rain tonight so my last chance.

I'm so glad you managed to get to the pool to watch little Hooli and even cooked a meal for everyone. You ahve done an awful lot so extra pain is quite understandable. Rest a bit more Keef ((()))

Morning Toady hope you are ok?

I got you and Sleek some biccies not me i think they have real butter in them. They are in her back-pack ready for today's visit. She reckoned it was a bit boring at yours yesterday, but better and warmer than here. I was back by 11 - honestly🙄 I think the EW I sent over did the trick maybe? Her huff is quite funny really isn't it she is usually such a sweet natured pusskin.🤭

I am doing my Bird count today obviously as I'm here all day. Is it cheating to do early? I have everything ready.....well done robins landing in your patch that's brilliant. I am expecting a glut of woodpigeons as per.....

I hope you can get your meds sorted I hate that sort of thing. It can really throw you can't it? Grrrr😠

I had a go once with a virtual headset at my nephews I was terrified and nearly fell over too!

Sleek is after one now she just read this

Right time for some breakkie

vegan /veggie options available....

• bosh

• Skinny Keef

Morning everyone.

I love it here. Just read Toni’s post and that little bit of reassurance saying I’d done a lot extra pain was expected is just what I needed to remind me i had done a lot and is exactly why I was awake having a snack at 2 am. I sometimes forget i can’t do too much.

• bosh

Good morning Toni

how are you?

mums bs is ok 👍

im ok - ish 🙏

mxt made chocolate taste like lamb yesterday 🤢

HV started early today

more later

ps lava tea xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day I hope you are well.

Toady (()) I bet the time goes quick when you are looking at the things for auction. Have a good day. I said to someone no ovaltine she said what is that.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) yes I remember the operation game and twister. I can see Paul on his electric bike laughing. Have a good day. I hope everyone is well. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good your mum (()) is feeling better. Have a good day you are doing well.

Skinny Keef (()) Arthritis wears your body out no body knows what it’s like only ones that have it. Like a lady said I have finger ache. Have a good day you do well. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Gadget girl (()) nice to meet you have a good day.

Charlestown (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni and toady and Joan

how are you all?

off to MH in an hour to see the littleys

Don’t worry I didn’t know in advance either 😂

I need to rest a bit now

heating got ookey last night

bfn tc xx

• bosh

Hi SK and C

how are you both today? I’m glad Sucre is better

hi again Toni

I thought my stomach was ok but in the night it became a bit ookey again

but less ookey than previous night 👍

LA had a bad dream that he went to a birthday party and was forced to wear a dress! How funny, at least no one licked the cake or the (potentially) vegan lasagne to my knowledge haha

I understand about the iron tablets they’re very nasty, are you taking ferrous fumigate/ fumerate by any chance?

ok I’ll go for now

have a nice afternoon all tc xx

• toady
    edited 28. Jan 2024, 16:35

Hi all 😊

Just a quick teabreak, am wrestling with an awkward large parcel 😣 Sleek was very helpful before she left thank you frog, even with 2 of us it was a bit of a fight, so she probably thought being bored yesterday was fractionally better than being overworked today 😄 but she was very very good about it (and I did slip her some overtime 😉). Thank you for the biccies, I couldn't quite remember what a shrewsbury biscuit was like when I said it, but I did think there was something curranty or raisiny involved - they were very nice. Next time we'll play video games tell her, seeing as she knows her way around a console 😂 yes that's just what I think a VR headset would do to me, unfortunately. Hope you have had a good day and some sun for birdwatching, I'm glad I did mine yesterday it was brighter, not much around today. Did you have any good novelty birds for your list? Not much else going on here, I did have a walk last night so I'm not quite so much of a disgrace, but the parcelforce man will be here tomorrow a.m. and I'm not sure if they want to 'see' you 🤔 so better get to bed promptly. Have a good new week :) xx

Hello joan, yes with auctions it's sometimes best not to look at what's sold, you see things you wish you'd bought, often gone far too cheaply 😫 though often it's because they are things for pickup only, that's where the real bargains are. I never understand why people let some things go for pence. I was watching one of those antiques programmes last night where an expert and a celebrity choose things from shops to go to auction, they seem to not pick good things & make losses, maybe they think that's more interesting tv 🤔. Didn't know what ovaltine was? 😮 she wasn't an ovaltiney then! disgraceful 😉. Yes I know the sort of people you mean with a bad finger, I know someone whose arthritis makes them tired too apparently, but they run their own business. I don't think they realize you are having to bite your tongue 🤨. Have a good evening both :) xx

Hi bosh, ooh an impromptu MH visit, that's all very well what about all the preparation, the brushing up on songs for littleys and the correct choice of clothing never mind hairgrips, and the foreign language revision 😱 hope all are well. Sorry about the return of the ookeyness hope it doesn't bother you this afternoon. Perhaps not the fancy iced cake with the cherries on today. No teasing LA about party dresses don't forget because teasing does not go down well I hear 😱. Will pop in later after I have finished mucking about with nosegay, might see you again then 👋 I did fit a walk in last night finally btw, I was tempted to drag a desk home with me that was outside someone's house with a 'please take' notice, but I bottled it 😄. xx ps that cup is fantastic, & I bet it would convince you your tea was hotter than in a plain cup!

Kettle on if SK passing ☕️👍️ hope things not too bad with you today. Glad to hear mum is as well as can be, the mixup with the dementia diagnosis must be difficult to come to terms with but the main thing I guess is she seems not to be stressed and can enjoy seeing you all. I do remember 'operation', like Toni I played with someone else's, never had a set. Twister is not really on now 😬. Have a good evening :) xx

Love to anyone not in today 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef

Mac cheese tonight with croutons, broccoli, tomatoes and err, bacon bits.

• Skinny Keef

I used to be into play station, only really played Gran Tourismo, and thought a VR headset would be awesome, but then I got more and more busy with the music (even when I was still doing a proper job) and needed all the time I had spare for rehearsing.

• bosh

Hi toady

you’re right, I should have revised my French! Ookey 😱

BR said I looked like a monster snake lol

any magical energy potions available on nosegay perchance?

hi Toni

About one day left to torture by HD, yay!

mimas can change all the private settings you know 😂

I am waiting for my gastric oracle to speak

I have with the determination of a saint 😇

managed to avoid cheese even though it’s all around me

and to be honest I’m rather hungry now

but I’m hoping these sacrifices will please the gods of the stomach

but I am more crackered than the most savoury of biccies

so have a good night Toni toady Joan SK and C

may your oracles be as lacking in hostility

as LA is resplendent in nobility 😂

ok I’ll stop talking silly rubbish now and go to bed lol xx

ps nice gothic Scottish pic xx

• toady

That looks very nice indeed keef 😊👍️ xx

and well done bosh on all fronts 🏅 have a small medal, and a good night I hope :) xx

night all 😴 xx

• frogmorton

Hi Joan I hope you and Sue are both well today? I should ahve taken a photo of Paul on his bike shouldn't I? Bless him he loved it. For him though he mostly wants to use it when we are in the motorhome travelling. I want to use mine all the time. Not this week though I'm afraid my right knee is not happy 😕 Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K how are you feeling today?

Good I'm glad you heard me and stop beating yourself up and seeing it as some sort of failure on your part when you are struggling. You did loads and then well you have to step back sometimes and rest a bit.

Penelope had another bath yesterday. This time I got the hang of cleaning her even better. I used Meguiars this time too. Rather a lovely smell. She is fair sparkling and staying in her space in the garage today while we travel down towards you to pick up the Scargo.

Not quite finished in this pic.

That mac n cheese looked rather gorgeous and tasty Skinny I wish I ate cheese (not bacon lardons tho!) I'd be popping in today on my way down.

I agree with you games are good fun, but a tad addictive and a leacher of time. Time better spent for you with your music, Sucré and Loanda and of course your bike. For me with my pusskin, car, volunteering, walks and bike rides.

Have a good day.

Morning Reshmi how are you is your stomach settled again now?

Your Mum ok too I hope?

I am so thinking about having the day off of the ferrous fumigate heaven help me I cannot have another night like that!!!!😥 What do you think? Then maybe a half dose see if I can tolerate that better?

Was the gastric oracle kind to you? (obviously she was not to me so hopefully) You did all you could do dodging the yum stuff like cheese.

Now that ode (I think maybe an ode?) was rather fabulous and inspired Reshmi well done. Really made me smile. Enjoy your last day away from the HD. It will be ok we will be with you in spirit.

LA's dream! That did make me laugh it really did I hope no-one did tease him not even BB because the outcome would not be nice. A monster snake? Is that from a book he is reading perchance ?

I'm really glad you got to MH even if it was a last minute decision it was a good one. The boys will have been so happy to see you all😊

Have a restful day today if you can.

((()))

Not a good bird watch at all Toady. It was colder and also possibly to early but the best time for me so better than nothing. 3 blackbirds, 3 (honestly!) robins, 2 sparrows, I dunnock and one crow oh yes and 4 pigeons 2 great tits. That was it. I can do better.

I just said to our Bosh that I really cannot cope with the ferrous fumigate tablets. I had a rough night entirely due to them and am having the day off today. I am considering a half dose from tomorrow on. What do you think?

Sleek was quite proud of herself yesterday for helping with a' biiiig' parcel. She said it was ee-norr-muss! She was not at all convinced by the Shrewsbury biccies was she?🤭 Good job you still had a doughnut for her. She's getting ready to come over via Kitty's

with Tommy in her van. Hope you can cope with him only his Mummy and Daddy are on their holidays atm and Kari is feeding him. Did you know she has a van? No? Neither did I. A garage too apparently.

Well done going for your walk. I bet you felt virtuous after that I always do.

Good luck with the arrival of your Parcelforce delivery.

Hope your day is good.

• bosh

ps sorry cake pic was accidental lol xx

• Skinny Keef

Morning all.

Hi Toni, sorry you’re not liking the iron tabs. I’m okay but slipped when I got up in the night off the bottom stair and I have jarred my neck so have the inevitable bad head this morning. I have to go to town as well as need to print a load of stuff off regarding a data breach for niffniff and Hooli said he wanted a birthday cake today as he was a bit down about leaving me yesterday until I said I would be over on my bike this afternoon which is when he said bring me a birthday cake in your bag on your bike. Feel better on those tabs soon

Right can’t type anymore as head too bad

wppl to everyone else later.