Val's Cafe

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Thanks Keef

I had a cuppa at 4 quietly a tablet and a late doze for me!

Morning Joan I am very pleased to hear Sue is able to eat even if only a little bless her. Hopefully day by day she'll manage to eat more and build up her strength. Has Jaki's daughter been anywhere interesting lately? ((())) XXX

Morning Reshmi

What great news your Mum had lunch out with your Dad that is a good sign she must finally be on the mend.

Well done you letting Nasty M's comments blithely go over your head. Our strong serene friend👏 Good on you.

Well done booking your bloods 'number 25 in the queue'🙄 still they are booked so it was worth losing sleep over at least.

Did you say costa packet has run out of toast? How very dare they?!

Any chance of seeing EF this weekend for you all. With all the ill health lately (How is BR BTW?) it really hasn't been possible has it?

Early night for you yesterday was probably a good idea.

Loved the noodle dog! and the 'peasants' pic🤭

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K

Hope you are as well as possible today? Loanda and Sucré too.

I can actually hear the taxi theme tune in my head now! Glad you got some music to enjoy😊

I love bass solos🤣

When you can get it right looking forward to hearing the piano story.

Morning Charlestown we did get some good weather thanks rain first thing then plenty of lovely sunshine.

My tomatoes are not popping up yet no sign at all but hopefully soon....

Hope you had a good day

Was Julie at the hospital yesterday or is it today? I need to stop my fingers from being crossed that's all! Hope all went well ((()))

Morning Toady

I didn't think of the bourbons it was Sleek she said you'd missed them off the order. I hope you enjoyed them. I always have extra.

I'm so glad your tom seeds are in too hopefully we'll be eating tomatoes before we know it🤞 Sleek's tools are very well looked after. She always washes them and dries them (sometimes with my tea-towels though (😐️) and unlike you (and me) never leaves them in buckets of weeds not her fork still in the soil. Luckily I can usually find mine with the pink tape on their handles, but not always.

My weeding of borders has come along quite well tried to get Kari to help, but she has her won to do really. Worth a try though.

French lavender worth a try nice and drought tolerant. Did I just say that after all this rain?!!! But you know pretty soon we'll be complaining it's too dry won't we?!

Have a good day Toad 😊

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,708

Good morning everyone wppl xx

Ps Cornish recipe Hevva cake (fruit cake) xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

That cake looks like it is the size of a small town Reshmi

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,093

Good morning everyone

We are going in to town tomorrow

Toady (()) We have the sun the carers come in and say it’s warm out there but I think it’s cold I think it’s because they can move quicker than me. Have a good day I hope you don’t have too many problems (())

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) Jaki said her daughter is not going on flights to far because her dad’s not well ( jaki’s ex ) Do you like vegan peanut butter I have it every night. Have a good day love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s nice your mum went out for a meal it’s nice she is feeling better. Have a good day. You are doing well

Skinny Keef (()) I hope you have a good day today love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Julie (()) I hope everything went well yesterday

Charlestown (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,363

Hi all 👋

Back from my trek to the surgery, got a taxi part way there and got dropped off at al fresco. Got shot of a big bag of plastic recycling frog 👍️. Supposed to take batteries etc too but no-one ever seems to know if they do or not 🤨. A kind lady let me ahead in the queue and offered me a lift to GPs, perhaps she thought by the looks of me the sooner I got there the better 😂. Two more shops gone in town, horrid depressing place it is now. I noted with a certain grim satisfaction that the supposed 'super' new surgery had 2 damp patches & a crack above the window of the room I was in, this is before they've even finished knocking down the old one. Yes, very clever of Sleek to remember the biccies, credit where its due of course 😺. And what a good girl with her tools, an example to us all 😬. I ended up in lidl & could have bought cheaper secateurs, but never mind, I didn't know I'd be going. No weeding from Kari then, oh well, when it comes to everything you grow, you will have to remind her of the Little Red Hen 🐓😉 joking ofc, I'm sure her own to do is plenty enough. I shall be putting in some pansy seeds later and my penstemon & new hollyhock seeds came in the post. Hopefully more things over the next few days. Have a good Friday yourself might be sunny?? 🤔 :) xx

Hello joan it was a very very cold walk to the surgery, bitterly cold! ❄️ by the time I was on the way back I had warmed up quite a bit so yes maybe that is from moving about. Sometimes it's warmer out than in as well, I find, depends where the sun is. Have a good day if you go to town tomorrow. 2 more shops gone here, there will be no town left soon! Love to both :) xx

Hi bosh, glad you got your bloods booked ok (in the end), I can cope with hanging on I hate all the messages they interrupt you with, especially about how filling in an online form is much the best way to contact them 🙄 yes I'm sure for them it is. At lest there were not too many grim video screens going in the surgery today just one round of the little antibiotic soldiers, got away lightly. No toasts in Costa P, oh dear, times are bad! I'll have some of that Cornish cake though 👍️ no actually I'll have a reduced hot x bun I bought, far cry from the ones the midnight milkman sells for almost £1 a bun 😱 must be joking. Very glad your mum felt well enough to go out and have a change of scene etc 😊 hope BR is ok too like Toni said. Have a good evening :) xx

Sorry if I have given you writer's block over the piano story SK 😬 not to worry some other time. Thanks for the links and info; Taxi, I remember it well 😀. Such an atmospheric piece. I like the Westchester Lady video too, as you say the other is more for the random notes & improv fans but it's quite chilled so I don't mind it by any means. Some pieces you do wonder what someone else who does like hears in it that you don't. Hope things ok with you at this point of the day :) xx

Hi @Charlestown no chores for me today really had a longish walk to Drs & walk so that's enough for me. Was supposed to rain from 1pm but it hasn't at all, so yah boo 😛. Bitterly cold though. Hope you get your planter tub 👍️. Boring keeping off your feet hope it's not for too long and they can sort you out 😔. Have a good evening take care :) xx

Love to everyone, kettle on (again) 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi Toni toady Joan and SK and C

how are you all today?

mum is more or less ok 👍

br is almost fully well just a bit of a sore throat 🙏

to be honest I’m not really feeling too well today post - mxt at all, nothing serious just nauseous feeling is worse than usual

Plus I can smell fish being fried 😱

Toni its world book day today

so please feel free to dress up as a bin - person if you want to, I may be mima the Lego cobra - python snake I guess lol, what a terrifying thought

I tasted Cornish fairings biscuits once, they weren’t freshly made, but they tasted nice, only problem was that they weren’t stomach friendly at all ookey 😱

feeling a bit more tired than I usually do at this time, anyway if all else fails, like Spock I can cry mathematically- although given my lack of mathematical skills I may opt to cry linguistically instead 📕lol

ok bye for now everyone tc xx

• frogmorton

Morning Everyone

I am reading all our posts with Keef's lovely piano music playing 😊 I'm loving it such a gentle upbeat start to my day. So much more than just the tiny Taxi theme. Thanks Skinny!

Hi Joan enjoy town I hope no other shops have closed since last week. That is si sweet of Jaki's daughter ti stay on land while her Dad is poorly 😢 take care ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown thanks for the link to the lavender.

I like your grey colour it is lovely. Very subtle. Johnstones range is good isn't it?

Get yourself to aldi and get your planter and some seed spuds to start chitting👍 or send your son down while you rest up for now ((()))

Have a good day and get well soon.

Morning Reshmi How are you today and your Mum of course?

I do hope you didn't need to cry linguistically and got some good rest. Post MTX is rough as we know ((())) why fish on a Thursday 🙄🙄🙄

Glad to hear BR is so much better poor little soul and had plenty of Mummy time too.

OK I dressed up as a telecom worker. Well I think so. Pinched some old BT overalls of Paul's and went in the garden!

Hevva cake eh? Wonder whether it started out being called heavy cake. Fruit loaves are aren't they?

Take care

Morning Toady

Well done you you did loads yesterday!

I didn't I just cleaned the bedroom then spent a few hours outside 👍

Soft plastic to Al fresco. Ours do batteries. Sorry your Drs surgery is already falling to bits. Hoe nice to be offered a lift by a lovely lady.

Lidl too? What can we call that? Piddle?😲? I might nip and look at their secateurs....

I hope you got everything planted?

And the cup of tea and biccy Sleek had ready for you did the job when you got home.

Take care Toady feet up a bit today maybe?

An old pic of Sleek with her secateurs

• bosh

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I’m sorry your shops are going has well has the ones here. It’s not like it used to be. The programme I watched last night about how do people manage without the internet ( people that don’t want the internet) it said there will always be a way people could manage with out it. Have a good day and weekend

Love to Barbara and family (())

Toni (()) I hope you have a good day and weekend Lexi has pain in her back I have to give her Meloxicam I remember when I had that medicine the vet said they have the same has us just a different name. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) love to your mum (()) have a good day and weekend

Skinny Keef (()) i hope you feel a bit better have a good day and weekend

Charlestown (()) yes we both go in to town by a bus that carries wheelchair’s. Have a good day and weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef

Migraine city

• bosh

Hi Toni toady Joan SC and C

how are you all?

I’ve got totm and mxt hangover

mum is ok but in a foul mood

my eyelids are barely open

bye for now tc xx

• toady

Hi all 👋

Not a bad day, there's a bit of sun about even now 🌞 still cold though. I may have put my feet up today frog, or I may have half-started a few silly jobs and not really finished anything, one or the other 😉. No I am being quite good really. I have just rigged up somewhere to stand some seed trays in the airing cupboard (I tend to think of it as not much use now the HW tank isn't in there, but I forget it still gets heat from the tiddly radiator on one of the outer sides. No good for the 'do not exclude light' brigade but warmth is a big hurdle for me so I'll experiment with this & that). I know you used a good name for l*dl before but I couldn't remember it.. a few words, it was 🤔. Is Friday the day they change all the middle things? if not hope the gardening bits might have something for you.. nothing you can't get anywhere else I suppose but not a bad selection. Imagine being able to rustle up a pic of Sleek with her secateurs, that's fantastic 😻 thank you. Yes the tea & biccy were indeed just the job when I got back yesterday, she got a warm fuzzy hug & kiss off me for those 😽 (they were as much for my benefit 😉 but I had been brave at the drs I deserved it). Hope you have had a good day & some outdoors time :) love to all xx

Hello joan, there are shops you always half wondered how they kept going but others I'm much more surprised to see go 😕. I suppose we all managed without the internet once but it's not totally comparable to how it would have been, as certain things are more difficult than they used to be, like getting to banks, and a decent selection of clothes shops. I could manage some things but some would be really inconvenient. Hope you and Sue are well, how long has Lexi had a problem with her back is this the same thing as she has had ongoing? Have a good weekend I think it will be damp.. 🌦️ xx

Wave to bosh and will probably see you later 👋 great Spock pics 🖖😀 xx

Love to keef (go away migraine 😠) and to everyone else, will call in later & say hello to whoever I've missed out so far. I have a couple of letters to write that are on my conscience so I had better make a start on those.

Tea will be a requirement! ☕️ xx

• Skinny Keef

I managed to do a chicken Morocco dish with added broccoli and cherry toms with garlic bread but i am absolutely done in now. Oh and lemon rice.

i went to see mum on bike yesterday and simply could not put the bike away dirty, it had 2 or 3 weeks of dirt on it, and that is unheard of for me so I put several layers on and went out in the cold and gave it a thorough clean. Always nice to see it shining away in bunker once it clean. Then i went to Long Melford on it today to meet my two for a car picnic, which I made before we left. Bike two days running too much for my neck and bang there goes my head. 🙄

Had 3 am bass practice last night again.

Hope the hangover clears soon Reshmi.

Glad you like the piano music Toni 😁

anyone heard how Jewels got on?

• frogmorton

Morning Joan. Poor Lexi. Meloxicam is like our ibuprofen an anti- inflammatory. Sleek had gabapentin for her back. Hope Lexi feels better soon. ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K how are you. Gosh you did loads!!! Long Melford! Gosh I'd forgotten that place😊

You saw your Mum and met up with your two to maje happy memories well done.

The Fig needs a good wash too the weather has been so mucky lately. More rain due for me today so no chance.

That dinner sounded top notch did Sucre enjoy it? If so I am impressed you've got him eating a good wide diet already.

Take care Keef.((()))

Morning Reshmi

What a rough day yesterday must have been for you. I get the NTX hangover but hope today its eased and maybe you inly have TOTM to contend with.

I am OK just sick of this rain. It seems never ending here. Made me feel like going back to bed

It was indeed international women's day yesterday. Bet you didn't dare tell your Mum if she was in a bad mood. Hope she is OK though. BR too hope he's back on form and no-one else caught it.

Take care rest as much as you can ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

I got some secateurs!!! I don't need them yet but before the end of the season I will knowing me. (Sleek just huffed over my shoulder) Can't remember my name for Lidl so sticking with piddle for now. I think it's Thursday they change the middle aisle?

Definitely worth a try in the airing cupboard for some warmth perhaps light once you see shoots? I see none still😕

Rain on and off all day here with some sunshine. Got wet but went outside anyway.

Sleek is getting ready coming on her own today on ther motorbike Mabel still seems nervy of outdoors. Had you noticed? Sge pretends she's watching something on TV whenever going out is suggested.

She was very proud of you at the Drs and said you deserved a cuppa and a biccy.

Well better get on feel like I misses someone's post though....🧐

• bosh

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you?

im feeling a bit better now thanks 🙏

mum is still asleep 💤

bye for now tc xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) have a good day. I hope you got on alright at the doctor’s (()) yes lexi’s back is on going the vet said a few years ago her back could go then her legs. That’s it then. at the moment she’s happy.

Love to Barbara and Mr B (()) and family

Toni (()) have a good day. I went in the bank yesterday I was stopped going out there was a fight and someone was shoplifting. We have the sun at the moment.thank you for thinking about Lexi. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) have a good day you are doing well love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

love to Charlestown (()) and Julie (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni toady SK Joan and C

how are you all this afternoon?

im feeling a lot better than yesterday thanks

yes I resorted to sugary drinks but I don’t do it all the time 👍

mums bs is ok thanks 🙏

but EF are all descending on us tomorrow

and it’s been decided we’re eating takeaway pizza!

Mother Nature help me, I may be on the bread and water diet at that time, but as long as the masses are happy I guess

bill had a colonoscopy I think it was yesterday hopefully nothing too much is wrong, he may have had it privately I have to check with sis, but anyway at least the doc is taking him seriously and hopefully any problem can be treated 🤞

But to be honest he hasn’t changed his diet at all, oh well his own business definitely

👋 Toni yes rain can be very depressing can’t it?

I just caught few drops of it today luckily

LA got full marks in spelling again and also told his mummy all the names of the children “ who got zero out of zero” as he put it lol.

BR seems a lot better now thanks, I think his fatigue has gone and he’s made good friends with a lady baby dressed as a bumble bee, lol.

ok my tiredness is still there to a certain extent so I’ll leave it there for now

bye for now everyone tc xx

ps pic in honour of LA’s “lost love” ETLB lol xx

• toady
    edited 9. Mar 2024, 16:55

Hi all 👋 hope your Saturday's are going ok.

Not raining here frog 👍️ rough though! hope it stopped for you; go out and get wet, rather not 😣. I won't complain it's too dry in the summer honest I won't!! Oh you got some secateurs 😀 cool! I forget about the changeover Piddle day, ta, I was just in time for the new stuff then (although mine does sometimes roll some things on I find). Next week a few slightly different garden things it says in online leaflet. I planted some 'maurandya' seeds today and I must have a bit of a Sunday run at things, and get ahead. Yes definitely must remember to remove seedlings (if any!) from airing cupboard 👍️ keeping things the right level of moisture is my weak spot as well. Sleek and I have had a quiet time, hanging out and eating chocolate fingers (well there is a prize to be won, if you find a crossed pair of fingers 😀 mine are twiggy & twisty already, a prize would make up for that a bit! Only fair. Let you know if I win). Yes Mabel is still a little jumpy in case a trip to the vee ee tee is in the offing, I'll try and make sure she knows there's no chance of that when she's here. Smoke and vet free home 😉. Posh breakfast thank you! Have a good Sunday :) xx

Hello joan, yes I see about Lexi, that's what I thought, you are doing all you can aren't you. What's all this about fighting and shoplifting 😮 ooh not what you want when you're out for a quiet trip. I worry about being in the wrong place at the wrong time sometimes, it only takes a minute. Hope all's well with you & Sue. My bloods were routine hopefully they won't get in touch. Have a good Sunday :) xx

Hi bosh 👋 I never made it back in last night, I was tired too a bit, and sorry I missed your post before me. Hope things are a bit better today and your mum is ok especially as EF are coming 😬. Well done LA I love 'zero out of zero' 😄. Have as good a Sunday as possible and the pizza is not too much of a labour of hercules or some such appropriate simile, oh dear gastric matters are a bt of a theme at the moment what with Bill as well, hope he is ok 🤞even if he is incorrigible where diet is concerned. Take care hope the tiredness keeps away ⛔️ (is that no entry or no parking 🤔 I don't know this stuff). Bye for now :) xx

Hope things ok with SK today🤞great meal, a nice clean bike and bass practice, all good stuff 😀 . Here's a quick track for you, while I remember - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA9bZaNvJQU skeletons, bit of D&G, bikes and guitars, what's not to like 😉 (& if you don't no offence). No haven't heard anything from or about Jewels hope the appointment was ok 😔. Have a good Sunday :) xx

@Charlestown that is a looong time at A&E 😣 glad to hear test results were better as far as blood count goes, and definitely that the ecg was too. No fun waiting to get some more info though is it, hope it all gets underway not too long ahead. More seeds to go yet, will see what I can fit in over the weekend. Glad you have some things coming up 😀 I'm still waiting for some allium bulbs I put in, they were sprouting when I planted them I hoped they'd be up by now 🤔. Have as good Sunday as poss, and family & cats :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh

👋 SK Moroccan chicken sounds good, how is the migraine now?

hi toady I may be able to avoid cheese tomorrow I’ll try my best at least

hi Toni sorry I haven’t posted properly it’s been quite a day and my back is aching quite a bit now

hi Charlestown and Joan how are you both? And Sue of course?

my only hope is to rise with the lark and walk quickly avoiding the cake stall in the park

headache is also brewing to be honest

so good night all tc xx