Val's Cafe

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Asparagus pea flowers yes beautiful Toady Such a lovely deep colour too. Fits with my palette.

No Mr and Mrs B? Oh dear where are they I wonder nesting maybe? Mousie will still be dodging the rain I expect. I do hope you've got a squirrel.

Well I go out for an early walk then it rained. Then it stopped/eased off so i did some weeding so it rained, Now I am tired so it's sunny! Can't win can we?!

Hope you got your packaging done ok

Ta for the cuppa just what I need.

Skinny K has a 🐛 and struggling to post I hope that sorts out soon it's no good at all most frustrating. If you love something you want all of them. I understand Loanda's obsession.

I loved the poem Reshmi it certainly made me ☺ a big smile.

I hope your Mum's bloods go ok I know that's stressful, but a shame she wasn't in the best mood yesterday so you could have half an hour's rest.

Oh dear me Grandad LA back chatting Big babu😮 that's a) very brave and b) very disrespectful. Do we think learned behaviour from school/afterschool club or does Daddy tell Mummy to get out of the way of the TV🤔 Mind your own business indeed! How did BB take it?

Glad the colonoscopy went ok for BIL (He liked it???😐️) so hopefully that means we are back to diet? Nothing serious?

The baby elephant is adorable💓

Charlestown probably resting is a good idea. Sorry you are still struggling. You will be back walking soon even if it's only short walks.

I suppose in 2024 a rheumatology appt in August is probably pretty quick🙄 Take care till then.

Your painting will still be there for when you are feeling a lttle better ((()))

Thanks Joan. Sleek is ok she's a tough little cat, but as you say they hide it don't they and they can't tell us. Same with Lexi no doubt it's up to us to spot changes. How is Sue doing? Is she eating any better yet? ((())) xxx

Anyone fancy a hot chocolate?

See you in the morning....

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,363

Hi all 👋

I thought it was morning for a minute there seeing frogmorton in 😄 thank you for the hot choc! Ideal. Glad you like the A. Pea 😊 narcissus bean was the climber, another fast grower, some people had made a nice archway &c out of it but it also does look a bit like it could overgrow madly like sleeping beauty's thorns 😬. Interesting though. Just got the last of my packing to do that's all - nosegay's current promotion is 25% off selected fashion with code 'Sleek25' btw - this is Sleek's influencer status at work I expect 😂. Have a good night (tired when it's sunny, oh so frustrating 😕) and see you tomorrow :) xx

Hello joan, it was not too bad here, no real sun to speak of though. If we get a better spell things should start growing away🤞. I did a little clipping out at the front but spent most of the time stopping to say hello to passing dog walkers 😬 so many around here. Have a good night :) xx

Bosh I love the poem 😊 and written in the teeth of a gale so to speak with the EF visit in full force, even more impressive. Oh such a good idea to have self replicating food in the cafe, & outside it too, yes the time saving effect would be amazing. Think what you could get done instead, well I don't think anyone should look tooo closely at what I'd do with that spare time it would probably not be all that productive either 😬. Actually I have just bought some new tea including 'lemon breakfast' tea, if I hate it I will stick it in the cafe cupboard for anyone that likes it haha. Hope you've had a bit of quiet time to yourself at some point, and that your mum's blood tests go ok. See you tomorrow 👋 :) xx

Glad you liked the Kyle Craft SK 👍️ he can vary from rock pop glam country &c, some is more my taste than others but most of it I like (I have his debut album in swirly pink vinyl 😂). Ooh well done getting the play area rules stuck to, I do like a little victory of that sort 😀. Glad it was fun as well. Yes I do overbuy & not just seeds 😳 buy first ask questions later sometimes. At least seeds count as transient, that's my excuse. Hope the ear infections clear up without assistance 🤞do you have any luck with home remedies, tea tree oil that sort of thing 🤔 annoying for you when you are so careful. Hope you have an ok night and whatever posting problem doesn't persist. xx

Hi @Charlestown August, eh??! 😣 is your dept helpful when it comes to cancellations; sometimes I've had luck in that line, people do move appointments a lot etc. A secret seed stash, who me 😂 erm yes, and I've been known to buy the same thing I've already got 😳 even though I keep notebooks & lists. I see nice stuff & forget I only have so much time & energy let alone potting space, basically the back utility room sink & windowsill. At least I've stopped myself being too taken in by pretty pictures on seeds packets & websites etc, now I always look at more pictures of the plant growing sometimes seeing it more realistically cures you of wanting it. I'm behind on most of my jobs atm though, sorry you are being stopped from getting on with things too 😔 fingers crossed that will improve. Glad the rash is better, small mercies 👍️. Have a good night :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,708

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

mums bs is ok thanks

I had a good rest so I’m feeling better today thanks 🙏

my dentist appointment is on Wednesday

I hope you both have a good night tc xx

• bosh

Hi C

sorry you’re having issues with your feet and legs, I hope you feel better soon.

yes my brother in law is a very odd person indeed lol

have a nice night tc xx

Hi SK

sorry to hear about your ear infections

have a good night take care x

hi again Toni

no other news other than bills results were good, he’s eating pure rubbish but I’m not his wife thank goodness so that’s his problem

hi toady

thanks the poem was written just after the gale actually lol

have a good night all sorry to be so brief early start tomorrow

night everyone tc xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

I’ve just come in from an hour in the bunker going over some songs on bass. Pain woke me up but then it was too much to carry on out there so popped my 4am pills early and going back to bed.

got spray for ears. She said i had caught it early this time. I can sometimes get away with salt water flush Toady but didn’t work last time so wanted to nuke it early with the strong stuff.

wppl if i manage to get some sleep. Sucré has the snuffles again, no doubt caught something at the indoor play saturday. 🙄

• frogmorton

It was raining so I came in and sat down Toady now it's morning! It was either sit here and have a rest or do a bit more of my crocheting. This won.

I can't find the narcissus bean anywhere I really tried so frustrating. Ideas where to look?

Yes that offer was one of Sleek's she has quite a bit of power on nosegay you know. Parcel after parcel has been arriving here (much like when Lucy was home) she's going to bring some bits over to show you later. Picking up Mabel on her way to you. Mabel has some new clothes too.

Glad you enjoyed the not choc 😊

Joan I hope you can see my previous reply to you😊 ((())) xxx Have a good day if you can.

Morning Reshmi

How are you today? Your Mum too of course. Hope she is feeling less stressed today.

BIL needs to sort himself out ad stop eating rubbish I bet that would help him a lot with his stomach issues. That's what the rest of us do isn't it?

I will be off for my walk in a minute it looks dry out there. Hope you get out too. Just have to decide which layers to put on.

Take care ((()))

Morning Skinny Keef how are you now? I hope the spray will help given that you have started it very very quickly. Fingers 🤞

Poor little Sucré that's what comes of playing with your shoes off😂 only joking, but yes probably someone there had a cold or something and passed it on. Very kind - not!

Hope you get back off to sleep

gourmet breakfasts atm.....

oh and there's tea in the pot used Reshmi's blue elephant one.

• bosh

good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,093

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I saw a blackbird on our tree yesterday. We have rain here. I hope you are well (())

Toni (()) yes sue is back to normal now thank you. I asked Jaki how her Dad was she said he’s finished the chemo he has to have the Radiation treatment now. She said he’s not very well and he has a cold. Have a good day love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) l hope she is feeling better.

Skinny Keef (()) I hope you have a good day today love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) I have an appointment for the 25 December they said that is to keep me on their books it will move forward. Good luck to you.

love to Barbara and Mr B and Kitty and family and Mig (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady

Hyacinth bean @frogmorton sorry, hyacinth, not narcissus 🙄 I checked again even before posting but I've got it in my head it's narcissus and I can't get it out again apparently 🤪. Definitely a very bean family looking plant but anyway, another very quick grower and an annual so no commitment & not invasive.

Currently hovering about waiting for HAH, back later 👋☕️ xx

• toady

Ooh good they were early (lunges gratefully towards kettle). Can't grumble about waiting for people bringing you vital meds really can you, but have lost any waiting patiently ability I ever had and it was never much to begin with.

Bit dull and uninspiring here 😔 hope you are having an ok day frog. Now I am 'free' again I can play clothes trying and swapping and holding up & admiring with Sleek & Mabel, which is exactly what will fit the bill today 😊. Some good choices I must say 😺. Not much of an outdoors day and only dry one this week by the looks, tomorrow, so must try & get out for a walk or something - the curse of the so-called 'moderate breeze' with it though unfortunately 😕. Maybe it will tone down a bit. Hope everyone well :) xx

Hello joan, oh a blackbird 😊 good I hope they will nest nearby for you. No rain so far but it is looking very black so won't be surprised if it does some. Glad to hear Sue is alright 👍️ love to both :) xx

Hi bosh, hope you are doing ok today, after some more rest etc, how will you fit in the dentist and group, is that going to work ok? Good luck in advance with the appointment hope the tooth you suspect is not actually too much of a problem. Not too much for me to do today now all delivery people have been & gone. My bit of trivia for the day is that caterpillars have more muscles than humans, some around 4,000 while we have 600-odd, well I think that explains a lot personally 🐛. Something went wrong there along the evolutionary path no wonder I'm not a bricklayer 😄. Have a good afternoon thank you for all the lovely tea :) xx

Sorry Sucré has the sniffles again SK 😔 I don't remember ever having any near as many colds etc as a kid you have to wonder if that's come back to bite me with a dodgy immune system later on 🤔. Glad the ear infection has been nipped quickly hopefully will clear up sharpish this time. Have a good afternoon :) xx

Love to everyone will pop in later if I'm passing 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef

Anda working different shifts this week so she is leaving today. Feel a bit ☹️ as Sucré been really good last few days. Toilet issues more or less sorted and he hasn’t been difficult. Will make sure I get straight out into bunker and play guitar or bass as much as I can to stop me feeling down. I have just popped some tram as it’s been 8 hours since my last and they should help my mood about when they leave. The pain is also just starting to be unbearable whilst I am cooking their dinner. Sorry i burden anyone that reads this but it just helps to say how im feeling. Sucré puts such a brave face on going but I know he hates leaving me behind.

he had a busy week with visiting nannie Babbs, rainbow fun, mac d’s and swimming today. Plus time in the bunker and we made a pear and summer fruit crumble whilst Anda was in bath.

he got his drums our today in lounge and asked me to bring a bass in from bunker and we had a jam for a bit. He kept time with my bass riff. I played Good Times by Chic and he tapped along with a massive smile on his face using the drum sticks that Steve Nicol gave me. Happy Days 😁

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you this evening?

yes Bill enjoyed the colonoscopy- being the extremely odd person that he is

i was very tired and it took a long time for me to summon the energy to leave the house but I did go on a walk just before lunchtime thanks, it was raining by then

Mums bs was ok today thanks

im feeling better now thanks but I slept twice in the daytime and totm is still going on

I think LA was both brave and naughty, oh the times I’ve wanted to shout very loudly at BB “ Mind you own business!” haha, my mum said it’s about time someone told him that lol.

Whether the after school club or Lorenzo caused the naughtiness I’m not sure.

my sis baked some very nice tasty cookies, choc chip but made with Greek yogurt, they were delicious but I think they contributed to my stomach problems that day, plus I had to have cheese - laden pizza, anyway my stomach is just about ok now - how is your stomach today

I do hate it when it rains almost all day.

one very funny thing to report, LA said that his daddy had been somewhere in America, granny said “yes he went to Las Vegas”, but LA got very angry at this and said, “No granny, it wasn’t there, it was somewhere else, he didn’t go to Las Bogus!” I love that Las Bogus indeed, is that where the dice are already loaded and heavy drinkers are somewhat shocked and stunned to find that their whisky glasses are filled with a mixture of undiluted squash and hot sauce? Possibly and that alcohol-substitute does of course also seem pretty deadly in its own way 😂

well group for me tomorrow - weather oracles etc permitting

have a nice evening Toni tc xx

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bosh
    edited 12. Mar 2024, 21:34

Hi toady

how are you doing tonight?

so the caterpillars are the muscular kings - that’s good to know

Lemon breakfast tea bag potential castoffs for VC - oh dear

don’t know if you caught that Las Bogus joke of LA’s I told Toni? It’s a funny one, I would repeat but I’m still feeling more tired than usual and I’ve got the group tomorrow so another early kind of start tomorrow morning, I made a mistake lol, my dentist appointment is actually next Wednesday not tomorrow.

ok I’m yawning away toady, so I expect two full boxes of teabags for the café from you please, Twinings earl grey and assam - I’ll be checking up on you tomorrow morning unless I’m too busy then I’ll send quality control expert LA, my goodness he has too many jobs that young grandfather.Have a good night take care, good night also to Skinny Keef Joan and Charlestown tc all xx

• toady

@Charlestown Ooh get you, with your fancy unpronounceable diagnosis 😉 seriously, answers!! Hurrah for answers. I will google HSP tomorrow nasty pictures & all, very very pleased for you that you know what it is (and what it isn't! that's often just as important as you say). Good luck with the steroids and take care don't overdo it, ok that is pot & kettle coming from me, but do your best 👍️. The tea is normal black tea just with a bit of lemon peel in it or some such, so you can milk & sugar it, not herb tea; I've tried with those over the years but yes they look lovely & often smell lovely but it's no use somehow, I can't learn to love them. Have a good night :) xx

'night to you too bosh, the tea arrived in the post this very morning and spookily (rather than ookily hopefully) a brand new box of Assam is among them as you have foretold 😮. No Earl Grey though so if you don't like the lemon breakfast it'll have to be english breakfast, that's the best can do. Yes I read the Las Bogus story earlier it's a gem 😄😄 how very very apt. And I always smile at 'grandpa' LA's vehemence in correcting anything someone has Got Wrong, is that the crankiness of age do you suppose 😂. Oh, better if there's no clash of dentist and group, will hope it stays fine for you. I may try to get out myself if so I will compare notes on weather/shopping/judicious choice of coat etc. xx

love to all have a good night 😘 xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan I am so glad to hear Sue is eating normally again that is good to hear. Jaki's husband is having a rough time chemo finished already? Good now they can zap the tumour with some radiation. Fingers crossed for him ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

I found it now!

I am going to 100% try it this year I love it it's so pretty and an annual so ideal while maybe I start of something slower growing at the same time???? No idea why the other name (I won't repeat it) got stuck in your head but how annoying is that for you🙄

Glad HAH were nice and early. We had a dry spell yesterday but would you believe I have FOG???? yes at this precise moment i was not expecting that and oddly rain due later? It's still a bit dark so maybe it's a low cloud?

Glad you spent some time looking at Sleek's purchases. The girls are apparently planning an afternoon tea to which all the other girls from the...book club??? (Did you know about this? apparently they are reading the Great Catsby?) like Winnie and Tigger Rosie and Jessie will be invited. So they need good outfits for their 'do'.

Everyone is doing really well yes ta and my crochet is growing nicely....😊

Take care.

Morning Skinny Keef

I hope you are doing ok. I hope the fact that Anda went early means she will be back earlier too? The bunker is an ideal venue for taking your mind off them leaving.

How amazing jamming with your little boy! It sounded amazing I wish I'd seen it. I bet Loanda loved the noise😁

Don't you ever worry about 'having a moan' we all do it and it's what this place is all about. Sharing the good and bad times. It does help.

So Sucré is managing the potty training ok now? That's so impressive often it does just suddenly click into place however odd it sounds. He had a great time so much done this week bless him. Great memories being made😊

Take care Keef ((()))

Morning Reshmi

I am glad to hear your Mum's bs is ok and hope you are over TOTM soon. If you needed 2 sleeps have 2 sleeps it's good to listen to your body I think.

BIL is indeed an odd-un.🤨

I bet you have often wanted to shout at BB so yes I did kind of admire LA for his bravery (some might say foolhardiness), but I think bravery. I also wondered whether Lorenzo's influence might be more to blame than the afterschool club for such an attitude🤔

Las Bogus oh Reshmi that did make me laugh as did the drinks they offer there🤣

Pizza is lethal for our stomachs almost with or without the cheese as mine struggles with the heavy dough too I think. Mine hasn't been tooooo bad to be fair but i am trying very hard to restrict lovely stuff which sets it off. I really hope yours has settled today. Your sister's offerings sounded lovely even if they didn't please the stomach oracle.

I thought it was foggy out there, but actually it's ice? Ice?!!! We still won't get sunshine I bet it carries on raining.

Hope you get to group and have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown

I am so very very pleased you have some answers! That's all we need isn't it and now treatment too. Well done going to the surgery i do that now too to book appts no point whatsoever using the phone. You are right we are so very lucky to have our NHS here to help us when things go wrong with our bodies. You clearly have an excellent rheumatologist best hang onto them! August is fine now that you know what is going on and have appropriate treatment. Yes rest up for now. Well done going shopping though. We still need to eat don't we?😊

No apology necessary for the long post we wanted to know what was wrong. It's good to see you getting somewhere take care and rest up ((()))

kettle is on!

• bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,093

Good Morning Everyone

Toady (()) that’s good your delivery came early not nice when you have to wait not knowing when they will come. Have a good day

Toni (()) How is your knee feeling (()) we had fog a few weeks ago. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) enjoy your club don’t worry about the dentist we will be thinking about you (()) love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) you are a good husband and father (()) there are a lot of men who expect to be waited on they would not know how to do toast. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) that’s good at last you know what is wrong and the right way to treat it (())

love to Barbara Kitty Mig (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Good morning everyone

went to group and survived

mum is ok thanks

how is everyone?

ps Hong Kong style mango pancakes

bye tc xx

• Skinny Keef
    edited 13. Mar 2024, 12:32

Hi Toni, that was what was really rattling Loanda’s cage was that Sucré goes a whole day dry at her mum’s when she has him but he won’t do it when he is home. We hd a chat about mummy always being grumpy when we were in the bunker beginning of the week and I think it did the trick as last couple of days he been much better.

He said to me as I bent down to say goodbye to him in his car seat yesterday evening I love you very much daddad. I promised i would go over on the bike. The weather is much milder now so should be no problem.

• toady

Hi all 👋

Just a quick late visit, had quite a long walk earlier so a bit tired now. Bit dull & windy, no fog though 😮. Took some more plastic to al fresco and nipped into Piddle as well (resisted a pack of seed trays because I know I only really have room for half-size ones, saves me buying plastic too). Just bought groceries instead (& vegan gummy bears 🐻😀). Could do without the unfortunately placed mirror behind the till where you can see yourself looking 💯 and not in a good way 🙄. Glad you like the climber frog 😊 no seedlings for me yet, and no sign of the allium bulbs I planted not long ago, they were sprouting when they went in, where are they 🤔. But the news is I did spot a Mr Blackbird yesterday, after I posted first, not sure if he was my Mr B.. I will need more sightings. Rain mostly for me but maybe some bright enough bits to get out I hope. In the rainy bits I will stay in and brush up on my book club reading, don't want to show myself up in front of all the kitties 😄. I will be sure to pick out a nice outfit too, I need some kitten heels I think 👍️. Would I suit a **** bow? No maybe not. Glad the crochet is going well, that's what we like to hear :) have a good night love to all xx

Hello joan, a blackbird for me too 😀. He came for food yesterday I waited and waited to see where he flew too but had to leave him to it in the end he was busy scuffling round the garden. Will look out for him tomorrow. The delivery people do give you a 2 hour window and then text to say you're the next stop, but that doesn't help an awful lot because you can't start doing much knowing they'll suddenly be round the corner. Hope you & Sue had a good day :) xx

Hi bosh, well my walk wasn't all that much fun, it was longish but no more than I'd expect to manage but was quite hard. I can do the walking but I could do with a bit more 'spring' in my step it's more like a trudge than it should be. Not doing enough short regular walks I suppose. Quite cold so it was the short coat but with furry collar. Glad group went ok we'll hear a bit more I expect sometime. Those pancakes look so nice 😊. Shan't be late to bed myself, hope you have a good night :) xx

Hope all's ok at SK's and you get some good weather for biking & visiting 👍️.

Glad you are feeling chipper today @Charlestown 😊 hope you had a nice afternoon. Look forward to hearing about seeds when you get around to them. Those eggs, so clever! The spring onions! lovely. Frothy coffee has been restocked so I'm off for a mugful :) xx

Love to all, more tomorrow when I have caught up with myself a bit 😘 xx

• toady
    edited 13. Mar 2024, 21:46

'night all, my post should appear at some point, I've gone into the moderating queue for mentioning a 🐱-cat bow without thinking 😬 oops 😂. Sorry about that, love to all 😘 xx

ah, there I am 👍️

• bosh

Hi toady

sorry your walk wasn’t good

im not feeling bad at the moment just really tired

group was relatively uneventful but I’ll tell what story or stories I can salvage from the situation tomorrow

good night toady SK Toni and everyone tc xx