Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,151
    Options

Hi Toni

I think you mentioned about your dad, yes I agree, very controlling

we went to a different Japanese restaurant than usual because my dad took a long time talking to some cultural society cronies on the phone so there was a massive queue there by the time we arrived 😱

this new restaurant was not quite as good but still really nice, it was kind of “fast food style” but still tasty Japanese food, less options than the older place and much smaller desserts- but the dessert - size was good for mum and I 👍

I had katsu chicken curry and noodles, I think they were wheat noodles, but I’m not quite sure. I also tasted the vegetable gyoza but it had so much mustard in that I only had a bite of it - it was a bit ookey

my dad dithered about starters right next to tempura- frying part of the kitchen! I was with him and it horrifically hot - like an industrial strength hot flash or something - thanks for that dad 🥵

I was really full after that meal though

I would tidy the wardrobe fully but there’s so much rubbish there that belongs mainly to BB - no surprise there lol

yes you’re absolutely right, no one person can be responsible for helping or advising everyone, I remember when I used to do the charity bookshop volunteering, the boss asked if anyone wanted to clean the bathroom, which was such a terrible Petri dish of bacteria that I only ever visited it if there was really no other option, I kept silent as I knew how that particular manager operated, if I said “yes” to doing one horrible task then it would lead to me doing all the unpleasant tasks for no reason whatsoever- good strategy- a moon goddess can’t be responsible for the sun ☀️

LA is taking his scientist’s duties very seriously- he’s collecting ants from the garden in freezer bags! My goodness- I just hope little brother doesn’t put them in the porridge!

have a nice night Toni tc xx

ps funny translation xx

• bosh
    Options

👋 SK

sorry to hear about your nightmare after naproxen, that sounds terrifying, I remember once the gp made me take Co - codamol when my arthritic pain was at its worst and I had some kind of vivid nightmare and a kind of horrible sensation that was hard to describe, I refused to take it after that because it reminded me of when my bipolar was active, but I don’t think I should have been pressured into taking it in the first place.

I hope you have an ok night, tc x

👋 C

sorry to hear about your bad inflammations

chai tea latte is mainly milk chai tea syrup vanilla essence and cardamoms I believe- really high sugar percentage though to be honest - at least the shop - bought ones

don’t worry we’ve all fallen off the balanced diet wagon temporarily 👍

I’m not quite sure if my mum had the same surgery, it was a long time ago now, it could well have been, can’t quite remember sorry

yes my parents and I went to a local Japanese restaurant it was nice but really filling thanks

have a nice night tc xx

👋toady

glad you got some tidying done

moon goddess hair fair enough- but can you imagine how much the HD would charge for that? Major ooks

Yes scientist have to follow procedures I guess only problem with that theory is that granny got a proper cuddle, I think maybe LA was trying to show BR how “grown men” cuddle their Mimas perhaps lol

i have very much run out if steam now so may your porridge be flavoured with cinnamon not ants - LA is collecting them in freezer bags

good night toady and everyone xx

ps the Mourne Mountains N Ireland since its St Patrick’s Day xx

• bosh
    Options

Sorry almost forgot Joan

👋 hi Joan

how are you both doing tonight?

yes not much of a summer here that’s true

hope you both have a nice night tc xx

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 245
    Options

Well its bed time its late for me. Need to food tomm & collect a couple of parcels from stores. All local but will need to be fast to avoid puffing up 😩quick hoover round today & all laundry done in between feety uppy time 😀

@bosh gkad u had a nice meal. I love dumplings or gyzos we buy them sometimes from sainsburys. Yep diet fail but my already looking puffy from strong steroid dose even though ive lost half a stone 🤷‍♀️U had a strange reaction to cocodamol that would must have been frightening! Thanks about the chai latte i wondered what spice it were 👍

@Skinny Keef lol @ nosegay ive never heard it called that before.so u have bin bag men not bin men. They dont take bags here everything contained in council bin only. The naproxen does same thing to me its why i dont take it plus bad indigestion.

@toady reminds me of when i supported the mobile shop in my village trailer shop pulled by tractor i bought a caulifower cost me £2.50 about 20 yrs & when i got it home saw it had sticker on it sayin ‘produce of Spain’ 🤣 we have milk man here but i buy supermarket. As for black bananas i have 1 which is going in my slimshake powder tomm blended after my disgusting weekend if fast food gluteny 😀🤦🏼‍♀️ Do u sell lots of stuff through nosegay? Is this the stuff from yr parents house?

night all xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,051
    edited 18. Mar 2024, 00:35
    Options

Stunning foto Reshmi 👍😁 no way I would have guessed that as NI.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Kettles on for early morning brew.

I’ve gone with a Tasteless Coffee for a change 😁

• Skinny Keef
    Options

I think Reshmi invented Nosegay as far as i recall. I think it is something to do with not allowed to mention brands like the BBC or Tesco so she went with nosegay because it rhymes.

Other TV Broadcasters and Supermarkets are available lol.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    edited 18. Mar 2024, 07:06
    Options

Morning Joan How infuriating your appt being moved back to May! I can't understand what the problem is. Are we still short of Drs? Is it the back log due to all the Jnr Drs strikes do you think? Ah well at least you are in the system. Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi Hope you're ok, your Mum too and that her general mood is a bit better today.

I expect it was something your Dad said or did that upset her or being tired maybe.

Your Mum should try the blood orange flavour little moon a bit less sweet. If you have a whole box I'm sure LA (or BIL) will finish them off for her😉My favourite is the mango one.

Oh dear me what an effort for BB having to use chip and pin instead of waving his card over the receiver! At least he wasn't too naughty I suppose and you aren't barred. Still I am glad the food was lovely and you all enjoyed it and it seems your stomach coped. Thank you gastric oracle for sparing our friend 🙏

Take care and have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown

Aha who had a naughty but nice food weekend?! Good for you no cooking or washing up involved.

My choices were Edward for a boy or Charlotte for a girl. One each after each side of the family. I suppose Charley and Charlotte are both two syllables. Actually her friends do often call her Charl.

I had that bush when I lived near Keef in Sudbury! It was lovely although it did grown rather fast and needed controlling.

If you drink a glass of orange juice after your food it helps with the absorption of any iron in your meal. Well that's what the hospital told me when I had Lucy and had an iron level of 3.6. Must have worked I'm still here!

Take care 😊

Morning Skinny K

how are you this erm delightful Monday morning? I bet it's dry there isn't it? We have clearly had rain overnight but maybe later.

Aw poor Sucré was it bad dreams he was having? Good job you were awake to help and Loanda could have some rest. Glad he got off again.

I always think of Reshmi when either of you type wppl!!!

That sounded quite a scary dream. 400 mph would be terrifying. Might be the meds, who knows, they can affect us in different ways. You'd need to keep a log to be sure one way or another. I dreamt I had climbed up very high and was at risk of falling to get back down. I needed to because i was at work and needed to finish something I had a deadline for.

Take care Keef and I hope you keep your bin bag bins indefinitely the council ones are loud colours although they are quite big to be fair. ((()))

Morning Toady

Hope you are doing ok today and also had some sunshine yesterday afternoon? Sorry your energy levels had depleted by then. earphones with birdsong....why not? You might only need it for part of your time outside just while any power tools are making a racket.

Although I did get outside it wasn't as much as I had hoped as i had a miserable husband to cope with. the village is still too mucky to drive his precious cars and his van is in the garage.

Oui oui! and not just calling me in my own garden but shrieking like a fishwife! Can you imagine😱Hence the urgent need for something to cover the trellis and cover it well. Ca me fait chier. It really does. Ask Sleek she'll tell you.

Sorry to say all her cake is gone - eaten although she did put some of my naturali spread on it so she must have had it before?

I'm glad you saw Robin at least not mousie (who may not be here anymore 😕) nor Mr B. I saw the most adorable tiny tiny snail less than the size of my fingernail on my walk yesterday. I did take a pic but they aren't coming up on my laptop so i will try on my phone later. He wasn't anywhere near my garden or yours you'll be glad to know, Brian, that's his name.

Now I know why Sleek kept getting in the way of the TV last night! She was waving your Grandad's pocket watch!

Yes Kari got the arty genes I got the gardening ones instead, but not the health to do as much as I want to🙄 such is life eh? Yup C'est la vie.

Well done some seedlings at last how exciting!!!😊😊 No they will not go straggly just pot on deeply if you can in time.😊

Have a good day Toady

• bosh
    Options

Good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,952
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) we have the sun here. I’m sure if things were cheaper they would sell more. Have a good day

Toni (()) have a good day. It’s sunny here but they say it’s going to get colder. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) i hope you have a good day and your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) I hope you feel better today love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) yes sue goes out every day. I hope you have a good day

love to Barbara Kitty and any one else I’ve missed

take care
    joan xx
  • Charlestown
    Options

Good afternoon

14° atm & the sun has gone. It feels quite nippy tbh. Im led on sofa with my throwover feety uppy time. Ive been to Aldi, Matalan & Sainsburys. Started to get the burn in my ankles but no swelling just stingy. Going yo try paint for an hour tomm see how that goes then rest. I might get to bleach the flags & repot some plants this week hopefully.

i feel a nap coming on. so, what have u all done today then???

• Charlestown
    Options

@bosh that pic of NI is beautiful. U never know that were ireland one place ive never been but always wanted to visit

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

Im glad you’ve got some nice sunshine. It’s okay over here a bit too warm for my liking really I wore the wrong coat but never mind haha

Mum and I are okay thanks. Hope you both have a nice day. Take care xx

ps funny translation xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni

how are you this afternoon?

I’m not too bad thanks

mums bs is ok thanks and her mood has improved too, I think you’re right she was just tired, she fell asleep soon after getting angry

thanks for the info about the little moon pancakes 👍

LA has got a scientist’s hat and jacket that my sis bought for him, he looks more like an explorer, Harrison Ford - style, in them - but I dare not point that out to anyone.

Yes the food in the meal out was really nice and although there wasn’t as much choice as in the old place it was slightly less rich as even though I did feel really full afterwards, I think the stomach bloating effect didn’t last quite as long before thank goodness 👍

Also it was really good that the desserts came in very small portions as it meant that we couldn’t overeat, that wouldn’t have stopped bill though as we all know, he would’ve eaten the whole shop haha.

It’s very warm here not just the relatively mild temps but something horrendous is going on in the kitchen.

I’ll have to stop for now and sneakily arrange for the mima - infiltration of the bathroom.

bye for now Toni tc xx

ps toady’s hair in it’s natural state perhaps? Or maybe Ellie The Biter’s? Keep quiet it please though I only have a very limited supply of plasters 🩹and antiseptic lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,174
    edited 18. Mar 2024, 17:35
    Options

Hi all 👋 quick teabreak for me before like Charlestown I head off for a nap I think.

Not a bad day at all here frog 😀 got some more tidying & weeding done, gave parts of my cold frame a top-up finish, even clipped a bit of long grass. Finally gaining on the pot-deciding (I think). Yes will watch the sweetpeas, the danger point is also not getting enough light from the off, they must be nice and green & pinched out into bushy little plants, I insist, a la Monty. I have not caught up with the first ep of GW have you 😬 I will iPlayer it before this Friday if poss. Oh I love Brian 😍 ones of that size petrify me I have to take my best torch if I have to go in the garden after dark, so so tiny!! Thank you for photographing him. Sorry things (persons) detained you from getting outside yesterday, maybe not today or not all the time hopefully🤞. I'm afraid I weakened and picked up a couple more plants/seeds from a website (free delivery, have PM'd you just in case interested, may as well lead you astray too 😄), but that's it now, definitely, probably 😉. All systems go for the trellis! as a priority case, you poor thing 😣 I'll try to be thankful I've just got mowing & strimming to put up with. Have a good evening :) xx

Hello joan, the milk company must do ok if they keep going, maybe there are more people round here that will pay for fancy stuff than I had any idea about! 😮 All you really want is a traditional milk round, milk yogurt bags of spuds, the basics, and then they could just have a posh range for those that want it. Lovely day today can't grumble at all, even dried some washing. Have a good evening love to Sue :) xx

Hi bosh 👋 glad your mum is feeling better now and things are ok, and your stomach is too just about, maybe it was serendipitous in the end to be at this other place with the smaller portions 🤷‍♀️. Yes that is my hair 😂 well certainly used to be on the red side, not so much these days, busy going white I expect while I'm not looking 😱. Have a good evening may see you later :) xx

Hi SK 😊 talking of nosegay, four totally different sellers I looked at just this week were all marked as away til the 19th 🤔 what is it about the 19th, or have they all gone away together 😂. Hope your day is going ok, well the bit from 3am onwards🤞:) xx

It is nippy out of the sun today @Charlestown but for some of the time I was in the garden it was just right actually warm 😊. Hope you get your garden jobs done, managing 3 shops with no ankle swelling is great 👍️. Yes some stuff I sell is family stuff, mine too as well, & occasionally something I've bought with selling in mind (like I bought a kettle & toaster set a while ago & sold the toaster on). The site has changed a lot in the time I've been using it, mostly for the worse 🙄. £2.50 for a Spanish cauli 😮 er I should cocoa! The bananas go in one of the 2 or 3 only things I ever bake haha, dead simple muffins. Btw 'al fresco' is cafespeak for tesco if you see it mentioned lol. I have a Matalan not too far away but a bit out of town still, not very central. Shop online sometimes not that often these days. Have a good evening I am going for a nap myself too, don't really like to in the daytime but could do with it today. 👋

Tea if anyone wants ☕️ xx

• Charlestown
    Options

Evening all

i had a nap or more of a nod. Never do that normally but not sleeping good atm. Will sleep better tonight as still tired. Its still nippy had to put heating on & rain. Cant get outside in the garden just yet too wet.

@toady ive never sold on nosegay i always thought the pistal charges would put people off. The amount of decent good clothing & stuff i give to charity shops because of this is shocking! My sons clothes & stuff too. All new/as new. I always thought clothes didnt really sell well in nosegay maybe other stuff. I dont bake or if u did i buy the pastry ready rolled its so cheap now can make crumbles, pies etc & i can & i like to cook. I always shop online i click & collect. Ive never gone to stores to shop since before my son were born. Then it were a day out lunch, shopping but my son hated absolutely hates shopping & internet became popular which were handy & now i wont shop any other way. Never try stuff on in store omg no!!!you did well to get outside & start pottering. How u doing with the painting???

@bosh glad u had a nice meal. Sometimes change is a good thing. Do u have problems with eating certain food intolerance/allergy??

@frogmorton yes my neighbour has that bush its beautiful bright blue but tutns into a tree she has to halve it in size every year i want one but im sure it were £28 at my garden centre kast time i checked 😱 i never knew that about orange juice thats interesting i shall remember that

@Skinny Keef lol at the new slang im learning love it 😀👍i didnt know we had to watch ourselves about brands or names so thanks for the heads up. Rya still taking the naproxen??

@dachshund did u get out with yr dister & the dogs today? By scooter or by bus????i could do with a scooter right now i realky could 😫

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady C and SK

Sorry I’m extra tired today had a hot shower and wasn’t able to rest

so I just need try and get to bed asap really

I’ll write proper replies and messages tomorrow

good night everyone tc xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

hi Charlestown, yes, no choice atm, my enthesitis pain is so bad i have to take it.

if i leave it off i get no sleep at all.

how are things for you atm?

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Hey Reshmi, have a good night sleep x

• Charlestown
    Options

@Skinny Keef just got woke up by neighbour could hear bickering but its stopped now 🤣

Im ok thanks for asking. Ive still got stinging & slight puffing of hands & ankles but ive managed to get out but today, my ankles really hurt stinging tonight i hope & pray this goes away soon & hope it never comes bk. im on 20mg prednesoline daily down from 40 mg then weekly reduce by 5mg each wk. If its not gone by then 🤦🏼‍♀️I cant think that far ahead. My head has puffed up like a puffer fish 🤣steroids for that & ive put 4lb on but i blame kfc K maccy d’s for that lol.Apart from that everythings grand lol. Got lots if stuff to just cant do it right now, so frustrating! Did u return yr speaker? Have u found a replacement?

• Charlestown
    Options

@bosh night bosh catch up tomm. I too have had a tired day today it seems a few of us are feeling this way today, well yesterday xx

• Charlestown
    Options

@Skinny Keef just had to google enthetisis. This imflammation business is doing us all in rn i see! I hope u get relief with the naproxen. It is a good drug it worked for me but the indigestion is too bad even in a reduced dose but i tolerate brufen fine so i stick with that.i hope u sleep well im teying to get bk to sleep now after being woke up. Goodnight x

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Hi Charlestown, yes my mil was on steroids for 18 months for giant cell arteritis a while back her face puffed up quite a bit. I think they call it moon face, but she went back to normal, well normal for her 🤪 after she tapered off them, and it fixed the arteritis too. I had never heard of arteritis but it is simply an inflammation of the arteries, sounds simple but it can be really serious, thankfully they caught hers in time. I don’t know what we would do without her, she looks after Sucré 3 days a week whilst Loanda is working, although she only actually gone for one day the other two is wfh.

Flippin’heck the faff returning that speaker cab. Loanda carried it down the High Street to the gadget/phone shop as they were listed as a DHL point. He printed off the label but then was really apologetic as he said he was only a DHL economy agent and this was DHL Parcel which apparently is a different company. The nearest one was a half hour drive away, which I wasn’t up to doing yesterday. But then we found one in the next town, a bit closer so went there. It was a free return (£1 to print label) but they don’t take your time spent faffing into consideration. I am not going to bother with a replacement as my monitors and subwoofer sounded better than the cab, and my headphones sound better still. Funny how £25 headphones from a certain German supermarket sound better than professional studio speakers, although their own brand stuff is very good quality. I have some of their own brand electronic tools like multi meter and soldering iron which are also good quality and very cheap. So anyway it’s on its way back. Thanks for asking.

i am just having my nightly brew as the pain always wakes me around this time. Headed to bunker in a bit when things calm down.

So kettle’s on if anyone is awake.

• Charlestown
    Options

Did u get yr earfones from Baldi? 🤣or Pidl?🤣i got my drill from there, Baldi, its a good one too there electrical stuff is decent.

thats alot of farting around to return the speaker but atleast u sorted it. I too have a pair of no namer headfones they r brilliant tried few pairs & noneberter than these. Paid iver £200 for a oair of Beats & were shocked st how rubbish they were then my son borrowed them & he lost them. Your MIL had imflammation in her arteries tgen & yes it can be serious mines small blood vessels gence fingers & ankles & its sn auto immune response attacking my blood cessels by mistake. Can be caused by catching a virus or common cold!! Rare in adults. Rare in kids they catch it after strep. I just hope thisshort course works well 6 wks worth fingers crossed its dupposed to settle in few wks tops. Glad yr MIL recovered that gives me done reassurance. Atleast she hasnt got spoon face no more 🤣

• Charlestown
    Options

@Skinny Keef i swear im not drunk im typing with one finger on my phone i do check spelling i think my new varifocals have made me blind 🤣