Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,089
    edited 19. Apr 2024, 12:34
    Options

hi again Toni

I forgot to post a pic of Bill’s new carb - filled shoes, I just hope he doesn’t wear them on the treadmill - GI Joe is watching him! 😱

More later xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,146
    Options

Afternoon all 😊

That cat frog 😍 oh that little rumpled sleepy cat (if only that's how one looked when one woke up not knowing what day it is.. 😄) so gorgeous. And yes so little. Mind you less impact jumping on you to wake you up 😂 no offence Sleek. Hope all small cats well today and you & Lucy got on ok at the dentist - I don't think I'd know how to buy a bus ticket these days, last I looked they had brought in some very complicated systems! 🤔. Oh for a sixpenny ticket and a clippy. My shopping will all be on way now, Sleek will see some of it soon and tell you all about it, my exciting new loo brush & eco cleaning products etc 😄. She says I deserve an actual non- eee-sen-shawl purchase now after all my work on the utility room, and I incline to agree 😉 no idea how just replacing the loo seat ended up with me currently having 4 different pots of paint on the go 🤷‍♀️. Sunny on & off but I haven't really been out much, even though I should be getting on. Monty said I have to divide my agapanthus too didn't he, so I must 😬. Good to know they flower best if slightly constricted though, so I'm not overdue and might not have to fight mine quite as much as he did! Lovely to help a bee 😊 I've never thought of taking them a flower as an alternative to sugar water, but yes of course 😳 will remember that! Love to all :) xx

Hello joan, yes that's exactly right, looks nice outdoors in the sun but it was deceptive. It did seem hard on the man over the bags 😔 I know they must have to have a strict policy but couldn't they have gone at it another way, a probationary period and the sack if any other incident, or something, it isn't very likely he'd do anything again. Thank you for letting us know your idea for donations for Sue. The weekend already, I was waiting for the bins til lunchtime they are often much earlier, I didn't want to start anything and find my neighbour had brought them both in instead. Now it's got late quickly, I have stopped for tea ☕️ :) xx

Hi to bosh, hope things going ok with you so far and your stomach is settling🤞. And that no-one has called on your all-knowing g*ddess duties today (I suppose that's what comes of being cleverer than LA and BB and granny and bil and sis put together, that's correct isn't it). Yes difficult to know the right line to take if someone is being a bit silly in the pursuit of trying to be cool but I'd say your approach was wisest 👍️ some people get something out of acting like that now & then I guess, each to their own 🤷‍♀️ as you say it's not all the time. Bit of maths trivia for you, I found out the word algebra comes from the Arabic Al-Jabr, meaning 'the reunion of broken parts' (one sources say), well the broken parts will have to stay broken if it's anything to do with me 😱. Fabulous fabulous sign, I want one 😂. Have a good and cleaner-free afternoon/evening :) xx

Hi SK, hope your day is ok after your early start, or was it a spell in bunker followed by another crack at some sleep. Hope things ok with everyone :) xx

No middle of the night shopping for me @Charlestown don't tempt me it has been known 😂. It was a lot easier before you could get into paypal without endless authenticating yourself, mind you could be a good thing, depends how you look at it 😬. Sunny here too, and breezy, hope you got some of your jobs done 👍️ I've finally finished with the sticky plastic, v glad to see the back of it (especially the sticky back), never again 😱. Now on to renovating the wooden window frame, well bodging it just for now because it will be replaced in the end so only a quick job. Have a good evening :) xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 220
    Options

Public Announcement!!!

I have planted my spuds 😀👍😀👍😀

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni toady Joan SK and C

How are you all tonight?

Mums bs was ok 👍

Sorry if I’m repeating myself, it’s been a tiring day

I’ve just been trying to be careful with my stomach so I’m hungry but ok at the moment thanks

BR’s bed broke because LA was jumping on it so their parents bought BR a new bed today, bless him

Quite a naughty boy that senior scientist really

👋 toady

How are you?

I told the beer bottle texter that I can’t advise him about alcoholism etc as I don’t even drink and I don’t want to get into stressful situations unnecessarily, he knows I’m bipolar, so he understood and that was fine 👍

You’re almost right, lol, according to LA my IQ is only surpassed by his mummy haha

That’s interesting about the word algebra thanks

Once I tried studying for a qualification in teaching English as a foreign language, I passed the academic part, but not the practical, because the teachers of the course were a bit odd lol, it wasn’t a big deal but one of the teachers / tutors said “ it’s so easy to learn any new language, I know, I’ll give you 15 minutes during which I’ll teach you Arabic” 😱 I was on the verge of saying “ that’s only easy for you as you used to live in UAE “ - silly woman lol

👋 Toni

Hope L was ok at the dentist?

That’s nice about the bumble bee

I think I’ll go for now getting rather cream crackered

Have a good night everyone tc xx

Ps bit of a bad pun but at least it’s not one of mine lol xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 20. Apr 2024, 05:53
    Options

Morning Joan guess what? the dentist called in sick so we couldn't go. Have remade Lucy's appt for the end of May I'll do mine when we go to that one. She missed the last one so is more urgent than me. I enjoyed the bus trip so much! It was great I'll definitely do it again. Is brighter futures a children's charity? Or for adults with cancer. We have to go to Paul's Aunt's funeral next Friday. That will probably be for cancer too. Terrible how much it's affecting us all isn't it? Love and ((())) to you Joan and the doggies.

Morning Reshmi

Love the sign!!! Could be right though😂

I hope your stomach is ok today? Sometimes you just can't see a reason why your stomach plays up it just does, but hope today all is well. Your Mum too I hope her bs is stable.

Lovely to have had the cleaners I should think - not while they are there but afterwards it must be lovely all clean and tidy.

Ohh BIL's shoes!!!! Gross I could just imagine putting them on cold pasta seeping between my toes! what does he think? That he will absorb more carbs this way? Also I am not convinced they are really his style🤣 You're right GI Joe would ahve plenty to day on the subject!

It was lovely to watch the bumble bee eating and recovering. The dentist was off sick we got a phone call in time.

Hope your day is good today I can't believe it's Saturday already.

((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown

I am so proud of you finally planting your spuds only a few weeks behind Monty Don. they will be fine you'll be chomping them (first earlies?) late June all being well. I think it will be in all the national papers that your spuds are finally in😂

Did you do 6 bags of bark chips on your own? I hope not.

Everything else ok? ((())

Morning Toady

Ooooh new eco cleaning stuff! where did you get it from? I get some from splosh? The rest I used to get from my local plastic free shop, which has now closed so sad 😔 I can still buy from them in large quantities so thinking about that.

That little sleepy kitten! Just adorable. No way do we look that cute when we first wake up🙄 even human babies tend not to as for some reason we wake up bawling half the time. As for me I should think it's enough to terrify anyone😣

Replacing the loo seat does indeed seem to have had a real knock on affect. Not sure how either…??? Sleek definitely encourages the spending of money on 'non-ee-sen-shawl' purchases. There's always something arriving for her ickle houses. Or herself. She's had two new outfits this week alone. One is a toad/frog onesie which she intends to leave at yours. Not sure what the other is oh and at least 3 outfits for Mabel.

Don't you just love saving bees and love bees full-stop? I think the dandelion was ideal as it won't die quickly and has plenty of nectar. My agapanthus died the year before so last years are too new to need dividing. It was nice to know that they are ok in tight clumps I agree another job we can put off🤭

I will watch yesterday's today while ironing ready for our trip to Devon this coming week.

Hope skinny K is still ready for cleaning Penelope… Actually where is our Keef? Probably busy with the family

take care Toad get out if you can l will try too.

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

morning all, bright, dry but cold here this morning.

Toni, hill climb is one of my favourite forms of motorsport, and my favourite hill climb is Pikes Peak. BMW and Ducati have both had special bikes compete in the bike section, the HP2 Megamoto being my fav of all time motorcycle. Very similar to mine.

i went to a ‘flat hillclimb’ at Snetterton a few years ago which was around the Snetterton 100 circuit which is just the infield section which is about a mile of twisty bits and a short straight. It was two laps, timed, starting on cold tyres, and the next competitor starts after the first has competed on lap so there were two cars on track separated by a lap at any one time, absolutely flat out. None of this fuel saving/tyre saving nonsense. One of the best motorsport days out ever.

if i did another track day I would probably do Brands again. Snetterton is okay but the main layout is a lot of fast straights which don’t take a lot of skill. The 100 circuit would be good but I have never know them use it apart from the above event and the early drive stuff they do for early teenagers. The main circuit can be used at the same time which is basically just the old circuit before the new bit was added, which is the layout I’ve been on before. I would definitely have to try and get my fitness back up before hand or I would need a rest after 2 laps 😂😂

I think I may even go up to Mallory Park. Great motorcycle track. I watched a 250 two stroke win an open class race there a long time ago. It beat all comers up to 1100cc four cylinder bikes. I was particularly pleased because at the time I had one myself, an Aprilia RS250, which along a twisty road was the fastest thing ever. Good fun.
    Unfortunately I was un-nerved about all that high speed stuff which is why I went over to the Harleys after not having a bike for a while, and whilst fast road riding still doesn’t appeal to me, since my diagnosis I have definitely got a mega bucket list thing going on and there is something calling me back to the track for that adrenaline rush. I also have a major FOMO thing going on as well.
    Please let me know if Paul decides to do another hill climb this season, would love to come along and watch if I can and meet you both. Would you be camping in the luxury of your mh. ??

Sadly bikes were not allowed to compete at Pike Peak since about 2018 after the winner from the previous year’s motorcycle class, the works Ducati rider, was killed during practice. I wonder how much longer the IOM TT Races will go on for, for the same reason. No way it would be allowed today if someone came up with the idea now.

On my own today as my lot have all gone off to Cambs to meet some friends. I was going but it’s too cold for me to go there on bike and I am not risking another 24hr migraine by going in the car. Actually got a bad head/neck this morning and I’m stretching neck whilst typing this, as I want to get out to bunker and do some music today. Hopefully it will go. If not there is World Superbike racing from Assen on today and I will curl up with a blanket in Loanda’s chair and watch that.
    enough from me for now. Have a good Saturday everyone 😁😁

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) have a good day. Yes sticky tape is very fiddly it goes everywhere except where you want it to go. My new neighbour has the Prime van come twice a week. I’ve only seen her once since she moved in. I hope the warm weather stays for a while.

Toni (()) good job you found out about the Dentist before you got there (()) sorry about Paul’s Aunt’s Funeral. Brighter Futures is for both I think. Have a good day. I hope we have the sun for a while. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Dark chocolate is good for you they say. Love to your mum she does well (())

Charlestown (()) you did well with the potatoes (()) have a good day

Skinny Keef (()) I know how you feel you want to do things but your body doesn’t. Have a good day. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

hi Toni

How are you today?

Mum and I are ok thanks

I’m just quite tired

Bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan

How are you doing today?

Mum and I are ok 👍

Yes dark choc is meant to be good for us

Yesterday I was so hungry when controlling my eating due to a bad stomach I almost ordered a massive vegan dark chocolate cake online lol, but then I thought that I can’t become my bro in law 😂

Have a good day Joan tc xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all 😊

Nice day and yes I have been outdoors a fair bit frog, it would have been criminal not to wouldn't it, especally as there is more wet on the way 😕 I would have liked to spread a few things over the next few days ideally. Managed a line of washing though. The utility room revamp/20 quid makeover is almost done for now thankfully, looking much better 😊 well its reign of terror as the rattiest corner of the house is over, at least. It will never be glam, structurally etc it's not the best design. My shopping is here and all fine, Sleek and I have been comparing our 'finds' 😺 Mabel's lovely new outfits, money rather burns a hole in Sleek's little pocket doesn't it, as my mum used to say, I hope she puts some in a piggy bank for a rainy day. Or is it not her funds again.. 😉. The cleaning things were bought from the usual place (where Sleek and I have our wishlists), one is d*lphis brand, one from min*ml, haven't tried either before, will see how I get on. Sorry about your refill shop that always sounded so nice, what a shame 😔. Nothing much new in the garden, just checking up on things, and filling pots for the toms etc when they go out. Monty put his first earlies in last week didn't he, I thought, owing to the wet, or was that not his first first earlies? 🤔 Looking forward to something happening with mine 🤞. No mowers out today, which was a bonus 👍️. Have a good Sunday :) xx

Hello joan, a nice day today, ideal for washing it dried in a trice 👍️. Think there will be a fine day tomorrow but it looks wet after that 😔 not sure about the temps. I had the Prime van here the day before last, for some reason he left the box outside, he usually knows to put it in the porch. It was a bit wet and soggy with the rain (didn't matter luckily) and a slug was sitting on the top 😬 maybe it was a free gift. I hope your neighbour is ok keeping herself to herself, it's how she wants things I suppose which is fair enough. Love to you and the dogs :) xx

Hi bosh, what sweet pics, I love that little black cat watching the tea table. What funny course tutors you had, there are some odd people out there in academia shall we say, some of my school teachers were really quite eccentric especially when you look back. My art teacher always worse slippers, and that was the mildest example 😄. In better circs you would have been a good fit for teaching I think. Glad the FB friend is fine about things 👍️. How is family today, when is BRs new bed arriving? Does it have extra reinforcements and anti-LA features? Hope your afternoon is going ok (did someone say chocolate cake? ah, no, just a cake that never was. Never mind I'll have a look in the cafe cupboards) xx

Hope the stretches helped the head&neck SK and let you get in the bunker, or else at least enough for you to watch the racing. How are Loanda's passionflower doing that you bought, are they growing at a super rate for her? 😊 Have a good Sunday :) xx

Hi to Charlestown (I loved the important Public Announcement 😀😂) and to anyone passing 👋 xx

• Charlestown
    edited 20. Apr 2024, 17:28
    Options

good afternoon

Been a lovely breezy day here 14° 🌞

Taters are sunbathing, the chives are in the propogator so is the dill & spring onions. Just half a packet of each mind as my son wants to grow the rest in his windowsill. Cant wait for the cats to knock them over straight into his bed 🤣 ive got non bulb spring onions so how do i know theyre ready? Am i just eating a thick blade of grass?

Not spread the bark chippings yes 6 bags @frogmorton

Need bedding flowers now im ready. Waiting for my climbers to appear i lost alot of plants to frost winter before last cost me a small fortune.

Happy Saturday Everyone xx💕

• bosh
    Options

hi toady

Glad you had nice weather

It was freezing in the house this morning

So I overdid the coat and layers situation when I went on the walk, so I was a bit too warm in the end, but better than the other way round of course

I was feeling chilly because I was in the cold room when I was getting ready, but it was the only way I could wake myself up, I didn’t put the portable heater on as that hurts my skin too much

I must admit a I bought an iced bun and forgot to share it with the baby elephants who had just finished their constitutional in the park haha

I’m not quite sure if poor BR’s bed has arrived yet actually, I think probably, BR said he wants a Spider-Man bed, bless him

Apparently LA has been going to meditation class before school - it’s bit worrying if the result is bed - breaking! Oh dear.

Yes teachers can be odd, that same teacher said something like” Shall we pretend to be language students in Saudi Arabia?” Someone asked her what she meant and she said, “ Reshmi you are inappropriately dressed!” I said “Sorry? What do you mean exactly?” The teacher then said that a T - shirt was inappropriate in Saudi Arabia and I should be wearing a polo neck, then an older outspoken lady retorted” But you do realise that we’re not actually in Saudi Arabia and that it’s the height of summer?”, the teacher was silent after that thankfully 😂

Maybe she missed her old job abroad but that wasn’t our fault lol, at least she didn’t expect us to wear our heavy winter coats in the pursuit of decency I guess

Thanks about the pics

BR talked a lot to my mum today on the phone he said that his mummy made “cheesy pasta food” and today it tasted nice, but it doesn’t always or something like that lol, so he’s becoming a bit of a gourmet it seems, good job he hasn’t moved to Slough where the cabbage is always boiled and never lightly sautéed in banana- infused oil as GI Joe recommends.

Have a nice night toady tc xx

👋good night C as well, glad you had a nice day tc xx

👋 SK how are you? Sorry I haven’t kept up to date with all the post - reading, I remember something about comfortable new bike - leathers, which sounds great and practical, have a good night tc xx

Ps Alice - ish pic for toady xx

• Skinny Keef
    edited 21. Apr 2024, 00:03
    Options

hey Reshmi, that’s okay. Yes new leathers are gonna be good. First few times you wear new leathers kind of sets how they gonna mould to your bod so important to get all the stretch panels er, stretched. These fit lovely despite my skinny bod and long legs. Hope you all okay there 😁

Hey Toady, yes the stretches worked well thanks. I alternated between bass and bikes. Racing is from Assen in Holand. A fav destination for us Brits as it’s not too far a ride and has beer and certain popular horticultural products, not that I partake in either. However being in April it is not always good weather. This year every race so far has been cold and wet with shots of the spectators showing them wrapped up in lots of layers, although still drinking cold beer and smoking funny cigarettes lol.

Arr, yes the passion flowers, well, I have to admit i have no idea. I wouldn’t know where to look or what they look like. Not my department I am sorry, and way above my pay grade to actually get involved. I am gonna have to get FIL to finish the planters I started. My body is now too bad to even contemplate doing them when the weather finally warms up enough to work outside.

Kitchen is open if anyone wants a brew. Due to my nose being swollen I obviously breathing through my mouth when I am asleep and keep waking up with it really dry and so thirsty so off to make a nice cuppa tea. Sorry if that is too much info lol.

My two had a lovely day in Cambridge, and even though he was tired when he got home Sucré was so lovely, asking me how I had been all day and if I was in pain and would I like to play with the big marble machine before he went to bed, which we did. I moved awkwardly at one point and ouched outloud and he came over and rubbed my back and said please be careful daddad, and that I should go sit in my chair if it was too much. I don’t know how I managed to have such a lovely little boy. He is the only reason I am still here.

Right, no sugar for me please…… they don’t call me SK for nothing!!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options

Morning Joan how are you today? I hope coping ok. Yes it is sad for Paul his last Auntie I think. Bless her. We went to se my friend whose wife died a bit back yesterday. One of the Yorkies has been ill again vomiting blood! They think he has ulcers and is not on treatment. Like our omeprazole. Luckily he's insured because it cost over 2.5 thousand pounds! He had to spend Friday night in the vets, but is home now and doing ok bless him. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny K

How are you did you fend off that migraine you seemed to be doing ok with those stretches yesterday. Hopefully that meant you got in the bunker and made the most of your time on your own.

Hope your two enjoyed their time in Cambs. Fra too cold yesterday to go far on the bike.

You love Hill Climbs too! Paul has done Prescott Hill I think in Gloucestershire and is also interested in Shelsley Walsh. When he gets up I'll ask him about Snetterton and Pikes Peak. He would drive his TR4A I was trying to find a photo if I can I'll post it. It would be great to meet up at a climb! Brilliant. We need somewhere halfway near enough for you and us. We would probably not stay in the motorhome or I would have to drive his precious car!

When we went to Prescott Hill there were some Figaros driving it too I filmed them on the circuit. It was fabulous.

Right outside here about 11 is that ok to clean the car? I am suggesting we wax and polish this time are you ok with the meguaires stuff? Cloths all clean and ready to go.😊

Morning Reshmi

How are you? I hope not too bad and that your Mum is ok too.

I was cold in bed the last few nights we've had frosts. Have to walk a little later to make sure it's safe. Still need layers though don't we as we do warm up once we've got going.

Poor BR what it the little one sleeping in? His mattress on the floor I expect unless there is a guest bed for him?

Do i think the meditation is helping our LA be more 'in tune' with the world, nature and himself🤨 interesting thought, but the demise of BR's bed suggests not….😁

Isn't it wonderful just how chatty BR is? talking to your Mum like that telling her so much. Lucy likes a really simple meal pasta cheese and marmite when she is very short of time. I am unconvinced. Being Vegan I don't have to try it luckily!

Maybe BR will be a chef or Heaven forbid a budding GI Joe😮 Noooo! That can't happen he is too sweet.

Take care and have a good day 😊 ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown.

Get you veggies all in😊. I never have much success with springies for some reason and I love them too. Real onions yes no problem and garlic and they are often what I grow. I believe in planting what you yourself like to eat.

I think you are right that your son's windowsill will not be able to protect his efforts from the cats looking out!! He needs to blu tac his trays on there!

We had a pretty mild winter this year didn't we? but i did lose a load of agapanthus the year before and this year gone my passion flower still such is life isn't it?

Hope you are well anyway take care!

Morning Toady

Not as sunny a start but should be ok for me and Keef to clean and polish Penelope ready for the trip to Devon.

I have spent too much time inside I gave the fish tank another clean out so it looks lovely now hopefully ok while we're away. Glad you got out and a load of washing dry well done.

Mine was already dry so I ironed it while watching Monty. I am going to plant some tulips this year please remind me. If you haven't watched ep 6 yet you'll see why. Yes it was his first earlies he planted and he knew they were later than he wanted ideally, but it had been so wet. Lots of dividing and the like this week too. Not for me I'll do that next year🤭 Never put of till tomorrow what you can do today eh?!

Sleek has been in our utility with a tape measure and note pad…..getting ideas from you I suspect?

Seriously well done for getting yours looking so much better😊

She does enjoy a good shopping 'haul' and is very impressed with yours. In general she saves her pocket money in her piggy very well then does this sort of thing - a mega splurge. Glad you approve of her buys😸 If my debit card is in use though it has been known to take a hit😁

Probably loads to do today as usual hope your day is a good one😊

• Skinny Keef
    edited 21. Apr 2024, 07:54
    Options

Toni yes thats fine, I must warn you though I am somewhat of a perfectionist so that Meguaires stuff better be good lol. No smears or streaks. Having said that I was so lazy the other day I did the plastic body work covers on the bike with Mr Sheen lol 😁 or Pledge, can’t remember, maybe it was Mr Pledge 🤪

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) yes you look out and think it’s nice out there. Then you go out there is a cold wind and you wish you had your hat and gloves. Sue ordered some food from Silly brigs I phoned them to say the man kept saying I need the account number I kept saying I didn’t know it. In the end I said can I say something so I said he I will have to speak to someone he came back and said do you want to close the account. Have a good day.

Toni (()) Sorry about your friend’s Yorkie I hope he’s not in too much pain. Your friend must be worried about him (()) Lucy likes marmite as well. Have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) I hope she has a good day.

Skinny Keef (()) have a good day Sucr’e (()) loves and cares about you. Love to Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) you are doing well have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 21. Apr 2024, 12:26
    Options

Morning all ☕

Earlyish for me couldn't sleep on for some reason, annoying, it being Sunday and no need to be awake. Sunny start, will it hold 🤔. If so might try and get a bit more shed paint on. Oh dear Sleek is in home improvement mode as well now, frog, so sorry 😬😄 funnily enough my shopping/spending goes in cycles too, and for certain types of things, so maybe cats & people alike are wired that way 😸. Hope there was no repeat of the intruder cat, she had some very choice words about that 😾. Glad you got the fish tank done, maybe you'll get a nice spell outside today, well when you aren't valeting with SK 😄. Tulips, eh, well I will make a point of catching up with GW today, then I won't be behind the times for discussing things 😊🌷👍. Your poor friend's Yorkie, so sorry for him and her, hope they can get on top of this 😕. Have a good afternoon :) xx

Hello joan, oh what a hoohah on the phone, you wonder about people sometimes. I had to ring this week to accept an offer on my broadband, the poor woman had to read me endless terms and conditions for me to agree too, at top speed far too fast to take it all in, it went on for pages & pages 😮 what a job, if they have to do that every call! Still cold for sure and no sun tomorrow, just overcast 😕.

Wave to bosh, hope your day is going ok 👍️ no buns for the elephants, oh dear, poor things, and they will never forget, you know 😉. Hope BR likes his Spider-Man bed, if & when, wonder what people from the past would think about things like that, it would all seem very odd no doubt. Mummy's pasta isn't always nice then, oh dear, sorry to laugh, da*ned with faint praise as they say 😄. Well done the assertive lady for talking a bit of sense into the language teacher who had gone off into the realms of fantasy slightly there, it takes all sorts 🤨. Hope the temps are ok for you today not that warm out so not as much chance of excess coats I would think unless it suddenly turns subtropical, who knows these days. Have a good afternoon :) xx

SK I was up for tea too, I mouth breathe as well at night (because my nose blocks almost as soon as I lie down 🤷‍♀️ not to mention drips like a tap when the fancy takes it) and I wake up with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth 😝 so there we are too much info back at you. Mr Pledge, I like 😂. Aw Sucré what a sweetheart. Cold & wet in Holland then, well don't envy them that, shame my neighbour hasn't gone over rather than revving up today (taking up biking in the lockdown was stretching tolerance a bit, never quite forgiven them for that.. 😒) Have a good afternoon :) xx

Hope all's well with you today Charlestown 👋 oh cats and windowsills, what can possibly go wrong 😄. Not sure about non-bulb spring onions, mine are standard type well they are usually still pretty slim assuming they grow at all, can't remember the variety. Had better go and check on lunch I suppose, time has gone on 😬, back later, have a good afternoon :) xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni

How are you today?

Mums bs is ok 👍

I’m also more or less ok thanks

Just tired and my stomach is feeling a little it uncomfortable currently but not as bad pain as recently

BR said LA likes spinach but he doesn’t but don’t tell any rogue physios you may encounter on your walks lol

Ok am going to rest a bit

Bye for now Toni tc xx

• toady
    Options

Well I can't even find my spring onion packet, let alone remember what sort they were, I grew some last year so maybe I chucked the packet (unlike me 😄) even then I'd usually have a note somewhere. Still get confused between shallots and scallions & spring onions. I did find some rocket sow by end 2019 and some spinach beet perpetual sow by end 2013, that's not good is it 😄.

Earth Day tomorrow by the way 👍️🌎 not the best looking day to be outdoors, but dry anyway. Hopefully.

• bosh
    Options

hi SK

I’m glad the leathers are useful and that your wife and son enjoyed Cambridge

No sugar in the tea but your saving it for the crumble only joking lol

I can’t say I’m skinny myself but am managing to lose weight slowly but surely, being on a particular mental health med for many years didn’t help

Have a good evening tc x

• Charlestown
    Options

Good Evening

Not just me then who had a terrible nights sleep! Last few nights had bad sleep.

Done nothing today, its spitting so no pegging out & no bark chip spreading.

Currently watching Independence Day for the umpteenth time lol

Happy Sunday all 💕

• Skinny Keef
    Options

i got an email from MotoGP (the bike equivalent of F1) offering me a 20% discount on watching this years season of racing. I have subscribed since 2009 but cancelled this year. Glad I did now coz I got £40 off. The reason I went back is because i have noticed a bit of hand pain playing bass lately so gonna give it a rest for a few days. Got 4 races to catch up on.
    got my specialist appointment Tuesday. The closer it gets the more nervous I am. I hope he is a nice guy and not some old skool look down his nose at me coz I rock up on a motorcycle. When I say I am an ex police rider it normally changes their attitude if they are like that, but I hope he isn’t. Could do without it all really. Loanda was coming with but I have said I go on my own. She got enough on at work and has to keep working late so I don’t want to drag her away from that.
    I am off for an early night. Tired and pain and like I say hands hurting from 20 minutes of bass playing, I can’t even open a new bottle of milk now, I have to get Loanda to do it. Actually I can do it but it hurts a lot lol.

hope you all had a nice weekend.

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan

How are you today?

I’m a bit tired but ok 👍

Mum is ok too thanks

Have a nice night tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni

How are you doing today?
    mum and I are ok thanks
    sorry that you had frosts, that’s nasty
    it’s so horrible when it’s really cold at bedtime isn’t it?

Of course my mum is sympathetic deep down but it’s not something she understands, like our fatigue too, but never mind

Yes we definitely need layers

BR is sleeping on the sofa bed at the moment, i checked with mum - his parents haven’t bought his replacement bed yet, I think it’s my sister analysing too much which bed would technically be the best or something like that- these lawyer types lol

Yes great that BR is chatting

BR and LA went to some kind of football related soft play area, they really loved it

Oh dear cheese and marmite, that’s not my favourite combination either lol

I used to like marmite in moderation but my eczema didn’t like it unfortunately- it’s quite a strong taste though isn’t it? I definitely wouldn’t like it in large quantities

Now for a ‘real time stomach update”, as toady might say lol, at the moment my stomach seems ok more settled I just hope that feeling continues 🤞

Have a nice night Toni tc xx

• bosh
    edited 21. Apr 2024, 20:51
    Options

hi toady

how are you today?

Yes interesting to think about how things and attitudes change

Temps weren’t too bad thanks

But mum put the heating up on full blast today so I took even longer leaving the house than usual this morning but never mind

Mum and I are ok thanks

I’m just rather tired

I’ve been reading tiny bits of the Balzac

And one of the characters insulted another by calling him a “mushy pear” - better than over boiled mushy pasta though perhaps? Haha

Ok I think I’ll leave it there before my eyelids close involuntarily 💤

have a good night toady tc xx

👋Goodnight night C and everyone else too xx