Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    edited 22. Apr 2024, 05:32
    Options

Morning Joan hope you're still doing ok and the dogs too. Maybe they are starting to accept Sue isn't there? My friend is ok very worried of course, but Peanut isn't too bad taking his medication well. He is on the chicken and rice diet ATM too as you can imagine. Lucy loves marmite yes☺️ Take care Joan I am still thinking of you ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny Keef

Didn't we do a great job - never had a bloke in full leathers help me wash my car before. The Meguires stuff is pretty good isn't it?

and thanks for helping get the roof down too for a shiny photo

I think you are absolutely right to go to some racing and rest your hands a bit. It will do you good. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, but if there's any way you can take Anda with you I really would because you are way less likely to be fobbed off with her there. Also she might remember stuff/ask questions which you could forget ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown Take it easy now, get some rest. I hope things will be better for you today ((()))

Morning Reshmi

I am glad yesterdays real time stomach update was good! Love it. Hope you and your Mum are as well as possible today too. It is hard to understand just how exhausting the fatigue we get is.

Your sister is right to chose the right bed for BR after all it has to last him probably 20 years so a batman/dino/snail one just wouldn't do really😉

How lovely that he and LA had a great time in the soft play area.

As for marmite I've never really enjoyed it much so not had enough to know whether my skin wouldn't tolerate it. Poor you though

Hope you don't have rain too we did overnight so the roof will be up of the Fig today. I will post pics, but my messages might be a bit shorter while I'm away I won't take my laptop with me I don't think.

Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Hope all is well and you got outside. I did after Keef and i cleaned Penelope see above photos. Doesn't she look good. Good job she got back in the garage because it has rained overnight. Keef is a very good waxer of cars I must say. Sleek wants a ride on his bike.

I potted on hyacinth bean and put everything (tomato plants etc) in the shed where there isn't too much light and will give it all a good watering this morning. How is the shed getting on? any more painting done?

Charley brought the dogs over to play in the garden which was fun, but my arm doesn't like throwing Frisbees😔 The house will be full while we are away, but Sleek says she's coming to yours and has been abandorated yet again!

No sign of intruder cat, (sorry about the language, but Sleek really does take exception to intruders in her garden), hopefully he/she will be more careful in future. Any sign of the Mr and Mrs B at yours Toady?

Do have an hour watching GW you deserve a break.😊

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,022
    Options

morning everyone.
    Fig looks awesome now doesn’t she Toni??

I always wondered why the boot opened backwards. After doing the roof I now know 😁

Sleek is welcome to come for a ride on the bike. She can go in my jacket like Diego used to.

Frost here overnight. Council website says winter season is over and the gritters are back in storage by now I assume as that was almost a week ago, forecast 1 deg Friday night so hope the roads don’t freeze.

Leathers might get their first outing on bike today.

wppl

• frogmorton
    edited 22. Apr 2024, 08:29
    Options

Leaving 10ish Keef and yes the Fig looks great. Is this the first time you saw her roof down? Yes it will be at it was a new rood last year and I was leaving it up to be stretched enough.

Only problem is it's raining so roof is back up typical eh?

Enjoy your ride out.

Sleek would love a ride tucked inside your jacket.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) yes I breathe through my mouth at night. I’m sure people don’t sleep with their mouths closed. When you are in doors looking out it looks nice but when you go out it’s cold. Have a good day.

Toni (()) is it today you get on your way to the rally. I hope the weather’s good. That’s good Peanut lovely name is alright. I like marmite and banana. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) good luck on Tuesday I hope he can help you. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) have a good day it’s still chilly

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,094
    edited 22. Apr 2024, 11:25
    Options

good morning everyone wppl xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,149
    edited 22. Apr 2024, 13:02
    Options

Hi all 👋

Afternoon frog, where'er you are at the moment, hope all was well on the roads etc 👍️. Plants will be fine while you are away I'm sure, including little bean. All caught up with GW now so you can speak freely 😊😄 yes there were one or two tulips in this episode weren't there 🌷🌷😮 I had Mount Tacoma myself in common with Arundel, and Angelique previously, mind you there can't be many varieties that they didn't have there. You basically just want one of those pogo stick planters don't you, admit it 😄. I do like the parrot type too must try again with those. Oh I want to live next door to Tom, just imagine, all that advice and plants and seeds, and such good fun. I got some more shed done but the stuff seems to be 'taking' a bit oddly this year, same as before, maybe they have changed the formulation a bit 🤨🙄 I will see how it goes with more coats if it ever dries up again. Sleek and I are staying in today for sure, consoling ourselves as to the weather, and the abandoratedness by cruel parents 😉 never mind her bad language, it was mostly in 'cat', I just got the gist and it was quite justified 👍️. There is the occasional blackbird sighting and I have seen a Mr (possibly 2, giving each other nasty looks), and a Mrs B quite a pale speckly example though not mine I wouldn't say, so it may be that it is all change 😔. Love to all look forward to updates/pics/news :) xx

Hello joan, yes perhaps I always have breathed through my mouth at night I'm only aware of it now because of feeling stuffy 🤔. Raining again though I was only forecast 'overcast', I was hoping for at least dry even if not sunny 😕 every little thing involves going out in the damp then, even just popping to the bin or feeding the birds, most annoying you can't get on. Thinking of you and Lexi & Pepper 😘 xx

Hi to bosh hope your day is going ok 👋 not too tired. Ooh mushy pear, what an insult that is, a mushy pear really is a horrid thing so that is very cutting indeed 😣. Damp & drizzly here hope not too bad for you & walking etc. Will see you later 👋 :) xx

Have a good day SK, no more freezing temps surely, not much chance here I don't think as it's wall to wall grey & drizzly for the foreseeable. Saw a hot air balloon very close over here yesterday, one of those birthday trips I think, no idea how they scored one fine Sunday for it 🎈. Love to all 👋 best of luck for the appointment🤞:) xx

Rain again here too Charlestown, not much chance of getting out there today. What is it about Independence Day that you like so much, I've never seen it, so pitch it to me 😄. Were there more in the series? 🤔 Can't seem to set aside time to sit through a whole film these days or watch much tv at all. Have a good afternoon 👋 :) xx

Wonder how @Jewels1973 is getting along, not been online lately 🤔 xx

Love to all 😘 are there any sandwiches going? 🤔🥪 xx

• bosh
    edited 22. Apr 2024, 14:57
    Options

hi Toni

how are you today?
    Happy Earth Day to you as well.
    Mum and I are okay thank you

I texted the elderly bipolar gentleman response so far

I think somehow his bipolar affects him by causing problems with his short term memory unfortunately

I’m not going to get too stressed about the situation. I’ll just try and text him once a month and if he replies and we talk it’s great if not it’s not my fault and I know i have tried

you’re right sister is probably trying to make sure that BR gets the best type of bed

I will go for now as it’s already freezing cold in this room.
    Not sure why may have to engage in thermostat wars - only joking

no worries about short texts messages on your holiday.
    Bye for now and Take care xx

Ps this image is black sesame mochi dango, Japanese dessert, haven’t made it as yet but it looks nice xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan SK and C

How are you all today?

Mum is ok bs -wise 👍

She does have a cold though unfortunately

I think it’s not extremely bad and hopefully it will pass soon

👋 toady

I am very tired to be honest but did manage walk ablutions and some household tasks so could be worse 👍

True about pears, I only really like the dessert pears though don’t like the other dark green version

I’ve run out the main psoriasis cream so will be launching an expedition to the town centre tomorrow most likely

It’s certainly cold again isn’t it?

I just sat in the cold room for 5 minutes this afternoon and my back started complaining

On the Balzac - side of things, the characters were arguing over the opposing merits of cream puffs and rich tea biccies, ok not rich tea obviously lol, but those historic Parisian gents must have had the constitutions of a certain physio - cream puffs?! Well that’s definitely not in mima - territory at least, please note I’m not spreading hate speech regarding those whose stomachs teeth etc can tolerate the aforementioned pastries lol

Ok I’m really approaching my own personal needlework hour here

So have a good night everyone tc xx

• Charlestown
    Charlestown Member Posts: 221
    edited 22. Apr 2024, 22:05
    Options

hi all 👋👋

Late check in for me im afraid. My sleep is back to front im up from about 2-3am but cant stay awake through to 8pm to get an early night im falling asleep at lunch then up again!!

Joan how are you? How have you been finding it taking the dogs out on yr own? Is yr neighbour still calling in daily? I hope so xx

Frogmorton oh look at that car shes a beaut. I would be so proud in a rally in her! You need a fancy bonnet so you can wave with the roof down😀im not a car person at all id be happy driving a tractor but ive fallen in love with her 😍

Toady have u made good use of your prime free trial? Everytime i cancel i always need to order something so end up resubscribing!

Hi bosh im ok thanks im just on night shift atm lol. Dull, wet rainy weather nothing exciting happening here atm. I like pears but i get bad tummy ache from them fruit does not agree with me but im with bananas

Skinnykeef are you still bending & stretching away there? It seems like youve made yourself a bucket list. Make sure u write a list of questions/concerns for yr private consultation & ideally take someone with you. Health is worrying i agree. Im sure you are in good hands & will get some answers & hopefully peace of mind.

• Charlestown
    Options

I too am a mouth breather at night. Good to know we all sleep with our mouths open!🤣 According to my son i snort & make dinosaur type noises too!! 🤣🤣

• Skinny Keef
    Options

kitchen is OPEN!!

MotoGP on tv streaming from fone. Am I down with the kids or What?

Pain woke me up again and as I am on my own I thought a bike fest was appropriate. The bikes all have aero stuff and active suspension. The lean angles are insane. Will post some screen shots. I used to stick my knee out and touch the road surface when I was doing track days, these guys are getting their elbows down. 😳

The coverage is absolutely superb and well worth the subscription cost. The other series I follow, Super Bike, is on a seven week break so this will fill in nicely. That is the equivalent of touring cars and the bikea are very similar to what you can buy amd use on the road. And then of course it is IOM TT soon as well so I will be boring you all with yet more bike stuff sorry.

On another note (pun intended) I made a break through with my bass playing yesterday. Just when you think you know it all, I made a slight change to my technique because of hand pain and all the fast tricky little runs I kind of struggled with and sometimes got right and sometimes didn’t now just flow from my fingers and I nail it everytime. I was on a high all afternoon yesterday and it really lifted my spirits. I felt so good. 😁

• Charlestown
    Options

Ok guys im gonna be rich!!!!! You heard it here first!🤣

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Everyone

TThEre will be better pics later im sure not all the cars are there yet.

we have the BBC coming later so must look my best.....or put a hat on!!!!

All well except I am very tired.

There are lots of people here we know which is great wet all the way yesterday dry now

Keef well done learning something new and thoroughly enjoying the racing 🏁

Reshmi I hope you are OK and your Mum.

Also that the old chap sees your texts and replies. As you say he might not respond if his memory is iffy bless him

Charlestown share! You must share your millions in crisp production!!!

Toady please hug my little cat I do so miss her. I think Kari is feeding her today.

Joan marmite and banana! Wow! Ill telk Lucy. Peanut is a great name the littke girl is Pippa.

Take care ((()))

LoVe to you all

Will take more pics.

CCharlestown i do have a rack for thr back but resprayed recently so looking after my paintwork!

Roof down all the way!!!

• bosh
    Options

good morning everyone wppl xx

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Toni, I am sure Penelope is the shiniest fig there. 😁

Have a great time.

• bosh
    Options

hi all

Quick poem by me while I remember 🙏
    It’s called “toady’s Tea and the VC Family”
    I hide under my winter hat
    Smug and self - satisfied as a certain preening cat
    I hide my eyes painted inexpertly with primer
    I brew toady’s earl grey with the aid of a nosegay timer
    But I must admit my pear is most mushy indeed
    I just hope winter snow was will not be grey and slushy- that’s the last thing we need.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I hope you have a good day today. Good luck with any parcels you have. We have cold days and showers.

Toni (()) Is Penelope the 5 car on the right in the second row. Have a lovely time. Thank you for the photo (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry your mum has a cold (()) have a good day

Skinny Keef (()) is a motorbike motor more powerful than a car motor. Have a good day love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) have a good day those potatoes look nice just need mint sauce. Yes the dogs are going out. I have known our neighbour for 20 years yes he comes every day he says to see the dogs. He’s on his own he has a dog. Have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Options

hi Dachshund, well that’s a good question.
    My bike is 1200cc or if you prefer 1.2 litre

It makes about 110 horsepower. Which for a bike is not a lot. The BMW 1000R makes almost double straight from the showroom with no mods.

So per capacity a bike engine is probably always more powerful than a car engine, until you get to sports cars, say Porsche, Ferrari, Figaro etc 😁

I feel extremely nervous about my appointment today.

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni

Nice pic

How are you?

Glad you’re enjoying, despite the tiredness

Mums is ok today thanks bs and cold - wise

She even went out shopping with dad and had half a sausage roll bless her

She has so much self control

I’m ok thanks didn’t go to town to get skin cream as stomach wasn’t settled this morning

Mum kindly got some when she went out

I’d better launch a somewhat late OSS lol

When lady babies cry in the nursery BR says “ Bye, I love you” - aww

Bye for now Toni take care xx

PS Toni please make a note not to go to “Pub - way” if you want to practice the “Dark Arts” lol xx

• toady
    Options

Hello all 😊

Surprisingly passable day out there in the end, do hope the sun has been shining on all the Figs 😊 look at you all, super. Much admiration for Pen I hope, did it come to a hat (or bonnet as Charlestown aptly suggested 😄) in the end? There have been many many hugs for Sleek have no doubt on that score 😺👍️ I have been having a very disorganized day, failing to get a grocery shop done will have to be Thurs, dropping my bread butter side down, all that sort of thing so she has been most helpful (NOT in licking up the butter I hasten to add, that was dealt with by me - just by being lovely company 😽). Take care and rest up when there's opportunity 👍️ have a good night :) xx

Hello joan, no parcels for me today, just as well I have been running behind and probably would have got in a tizz with packing. I have to send something I bought back unfortunately 😔 but they accepted the return without any quibble. Glad it doesn't happen to me more often it's always awkward. What type of dog does your neighbour have 😊? No rain except overnight a bit, do hope it stays dry tomorrow at least. Yes cold though going to 0 degrees overnight one of the days. xx

Hi bosh, hope your mum is ok her cold doesn't sound too bad, glad she went out and had a bit of a change. Nice to get your cream for you, hope you're feeling better this evening stomach-wise. Yes nice pears are nice, conference etc tend to be a bit crunchy, what's those other sort, Bartlett I think is the one I'm thinking of, with a little pink tinge. Great poem, I'm glad you're brewing the tea for the correct time, very important 😀 milk in first or milk after, that is the question 🤔 or not at all. We shall all try to avoid the fate of mushiness 😱. What has been going on in that sub*** indeed! who knew that chain attracted elements from the dark side, I'm sure my branch doesn't, but you never know! Have a good evening :) xx

Hope everything went well at the appt SK🤞lots of hot (not sweet) tea on hand. Great to have had that little revelation with your guitar technique, isn't it satisfying when that happens and the light dawns on something 👍️ brilliant. Take care hope you are ok this evening :) xx

The crisps industry doesn't make much money off me, Charlestown 😂 the odd own brand pack, I used to buy the occasional upmarket sort but they always seem really crunchy to the point of hard and I'm too worried about breaking a tooth 🤐. Enjoy your riches though, you can clean out the garden centre (and hire a gardener! 👨‍🌾). Have a good evening :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• toady
    Options

Random bit of funny feedback from nosegay (I can amuse myself for hours on end with this stuff 😂)

Someone's feedback for a large prank Black spider and small Rubber Grey mouse - "they did the job" 😱 sounded very sinister indeed.

Obviously a happier customer (same item) than the one who complained that it was meant to be a large rat and a large spider and they received a tiny rat and 4 tiny spiders. To which the seller reasonably replied that it was advertized as a small Rubber Grey mouse, a small rubber mouse is not a Large Rat..? 🤷‍♀️😄. The bit I'm fascinated by though is the 4 tiny spiders instead of one big one 🤨.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

appointment went well.
    he said the photograph of my ear when it was swollen was text book Polychondritis.

He said not to stress i am not in any immediate danger of anything seriously bad happening. I am going for bloods Thursday. If I have another episode then he wants to see me again with photos and he will then pit me on immuno suppressants.

He was really nice.

• toady
    Options

Half a league onward 👍️ will be interested to hear what the bloods say. xx

• Charlestown
    Options

Top o’ the mornin!

8° & cloudy here & will be all day 🥴

Ive been awake since 7pm last night & now ive done with making my calls i couldnt make yesterdat, im goin to take a nap.

frog

• Charlestown
    Options

evening all

I forgot to post my last comment its been sat here hanging all morning tut 🙄

@frogmorton fabulous! Is that Penelope i see hiding on the ohoto in pink. Whst a great turn out. Dont they all look fab together. Early start though you must be shattered by now. Did u have good weather today?

@toady feedback always shows you how different we are as people & how hard it is to please some people. Funny! As for crisps im on about getting rich from selling all my spuds lol there could be a potato famine due to all this rain! Ive planted real gold lol 😀

@skinnykeef thats great i hope u got some reassurance from yr appointment & thats what i do i take photos & im glad i do thats how i got my rheumotologist to disgnose vasculitis rash.

@bosh hi, have u been out today? You do well getting out & about 😀

@dachhund Hi Joan how are you? I hope you are doing ok xx