hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Thanks for the “deets” as certain young people call them lol

Mums ok 👍

I’m better than yesterday thanks

As then I was trying not to sleep at all during daytime

But that just made me stressed and cranky lol

I walked then slept today as usual which helped me

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before but Balzac was thinking of starting a business exporting treated wheat products - I’m calling them blearios!

How was your return journey?

Ok bye for now Toni more later tc xx

Ps saw this recipe on Pinterest I think it could be done using oat milk maybe? Version of Indian Bengali sweet very yummy xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,712

hi Toni

How are you?

I thought I’d sent a message but

I may have inherited my sisters scattiness somehow lol

Mum and I are ok thanks

I’m a bit tired but ok 🙏

Less tired than yesterday though

Do you want to join toady and I in Manners Monday and Formality Friday?
    basically it means we are polite for 2 days and then we can run over our neighbours’ legs over with lawnmowers for the other 5 days a week.

Something like that anyway lol, we are keeping polite behaviour for blood tests and so on.
    I’d better perform ablutions before the lava starts to flow

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps this is an example of the facial expression not to make on Manners Monday lol xx

• bosh

hi Toni

I found my message i somehow went to the wrong page lol

That was sad that your sister got more toys

Now I think about it, the chocolate cake lady does bake with her daughter sometimes but recently she’s been eating lots of posh cakes at posh restaurants- bit ookey really.

Well LA is pretending not to like females in any capacity

so I hope at least that there are no “projectile tantrums” or whatever you might choose to call them,

but BR, as we know, is more of a kind gentlemanly sort, so maybe they’ll become great pals and plait hair together, they can try and plait mine while they’re at it 😂

Bill texted my sis who was at work at the time, saying, “5 relatives are coming to visit now, plus one driver and a maid - they have 7 suitcases” - a maid?! I thought I’d heard it wrong, but apparently a temp maid from India is coming for a few hours, I really don’t know what she’ll do there, maybe unpack for them and make Bill’s bed haha- no wonder he grew up spoilt and lazy.

I think my sis replied that she was at work and about to go into a meeting so he had to sort out logistics or whatever, himself - I would have added “ your relatives, your problem” 😂

Hope the physio helps you

Bye for now Toni tc xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you today?

That’s good that you had a laugh with your friend 🤗

Mum and I are ok 👍

I think LA will not like having another child around who will get attention from his parents

Have a good night Joan tc xx

• bosh

👋 sandee

I’m not too bad thanks

How was your day?

Have a good night tc xx

👋 Colin

How are things in Arctic Toronto? Only joking.

Have a good night take care x

👋toady

I’m running out of charge soon

why? - pad, not me, well maybe both 😂

Minor infractions are allowed

Bill is worried about maid(s) and suitcases- please refer to one the messages to Toni

Also I saw that HD is looking for assistant secateur - wielder! The perfect job for you!

It’s also very near the bakery, I will tell LA not to throw shoes at you, but bats are ok of course 🦇🦇

Have a good night toady take care xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Hi all 👋

Rather grumpy, good job it's tantrum tuesday or whatever 😕 no plants for me, not a sight nor sign. Me & my big mouth 🙄 either everyone round here developed a hitherto unknown passion for gardening and cleared them out between 7pm last night & this morning (unlikely!), or they do them at funny times, or more likely they only appeared Brigadoon style long enough to let me see them then took them away again. Oh well can't be traipsing to & fro on the offchance so it's just me and my salvia nemorosa 🤷‍♀️. The odd thing was that there was no car there yesterday, they were operating an honour put money in bowl system, whereas today a car was there & no plants, wouldn't you think you'd put things out when you're there not vice versa 🤔. Anyway blah to everything said toad 😂 I'm off to bed early to reset my frame of mind. Hope you've had a good day frog, not doing too much I hope, I realize Sleek is handy with a duster but for those larger jobs Everybody Ought To Have A Maid (a la Sondheim), and some of us have, according to Reshmi 😮 ooh, fancy. The choc was v nice thank you & Sleek, and I was permitted a spell of stroking her little head myself, which is the best tonic 😊. Cat unicycling, will it catch on 😂. That reminds me, the only useful thing I did was take a detour on my fruitless plant walk/s and manage to find out that I can hand my tinfoil etc into our main recycling place, either they'll let me in to that bit on foot or a staff person will take things off me 👍️ this may be a job for me & my scooter, as I can go on the cycle path 😄. Have a good night, love to all hope everyone well as poss 🤞. xx

Hello Joan, the plants weren't there today, my timing is terrible I always seem to make the wrong choice if I'm put on the spot, I had all sorts of options (go and get some cash out straight away &c) & still jumped the wrong way. Well there were quite a lot not just a handful, so it was a fair assumption they'd be there today. Maybe another time 🤷‍♀️ never mind. Hope you get through your doughnuts I don't suppose you will be photographing them on a plate for FB like Reshmi was talking about people who post their cakes & food 😄. Have a good day tomorrow :) xx

Hi bosh, no Mr Darcy wouldn't cut any ice with me either, or his £20 grand shirt 🙄 fools & their money. I got it wrong slightly that the sis's relative visit involves you, so no, unless you are called upon for some freelance logistics, hope it's not too much of a challenge that is definitely puts the E in EF that does 😬. Hope you have a good group day if you go, and everyone is ok at the moment. Not much going on here today so just a quick goodnight & catch up tomorrow 😘 xx

I am practically never off my soapbox sandeelilly 😂 apparently less people are reading the news than ever, people find it just too grim and relentless, higher proportion of women and young people apparently ('we are men, we can cope with nasty news' was the implication). The other thing they said was there's a trend towards people preferring short news videos over articles, no thanks, I want a proper written piece, me. I will have a total media cutoff when we get anywhere nearer the US election 😱. Oh 80s music for me please I do try and broaden my horizons a bit so there is some other stuff in there but there's a limit 😬 all this streaming & downloads and whatnot, well it's not the same as the Top Ten, is it 😔. Hope whatever the reason for your better spell it keeps going 😊 :) xx

Love to everyone not in today ☕️ xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning a potato seal!

Morning Joan I know this arm is so frustratingly painful weird though that I still have the same range of movement it's just agony! How are you though? Are you doing ok? Do you hear from the carers at all? I am going to see my lovely neighbour tomorrow for a cuppa between carer visits so it reminded me. Take care ((())) to you and the doggies xxx

Morning to Skinny Keef I hope all is well with you and Sucré and Loanda. I am preparing the Fig to take the neighbour's granddaughter to her prom on Friday😁

Good to see you Sandee, but even better to hear how well you are feeling.

Funny how some people do say they feel better of certain meds I hope it goes on for you forever😊

I expect it's on the previous page, but I was asking how your driving lessons are going if you're having them?

I like all of your music tastes plus Joan's Westlife had some lovely songs my mum used to love. I have ordered a squeeze album too and love playing 50's and 60's music in my Figaro because it seems appropriate somehow with the roof down😊

I haven't watched the news since lockdown and will assess how to vote only based on my own conscience. I can imagine there is far too much electioneering going on though. 'They' need to do something to get younger people voting. I suspect none of mine will vote even though they have all been brought up understanding about women's rights to vote etc….

Have a great day!

Morning Reshmi

Hope you and your Mum are ok today?

I am sure I can veganise that banana malupa it looks divine I can use soya or oat milk easily enough😋

I can happily take part on Manners Monday(I know my please and thank yous) and Formality Friday sounds delightful. Little fingers out and tea in cups not mugs? Today must be wang a welly Wednesday, if anyone annoys you, just keep a handy welly about your person and chuck it at them! I love the idea of running them over with your mower😂

What? 7 people arriving at your sisters!!!? Including a maid - a maid???? What kind of upbringing did BIL have😮 Nothing like mine that's for sure!

Is the house big enough? Will there be enough rooms? Gosh. I hope BIL sorted his own EF out without disturbing your sister's meeting.

I am certain BR will be a small angel with the little girl and she will adore him. As you said she will teach him how to French plait he will have a great time. Not convinced about how LA will cope though with a big girl rival in his territory bless him. Hopefully no projectiles at all.

Your poor poor sister ((())) for her

Take care and rest when you need to it works for you so keep doing it. If it aint broke don't fix it as they say!

((())) xxx

Morning Toady

What? No plants???!!! Maybe they did not want to speak to people hence only putting the plants out when they themselves are not at home. Maybe they are like us quite private people? I hope you are not quite so gutted today I know l would be - there are still one or two plants for sale here by the cart if that helps?

I would suggest trying again on your scooter but how would you transport anything home? They can't have all sold surely?

Sleek read Bosh's post and now wants a maid or perhaps just to dress up as a maid

Oh no she's been on catazon again…..🙄small furry soft head stroking surely is the best therapy? Today l did not have time to get back into bed as I am at the foodbank this morning and need to squeeze my walk in too. Never mind I'll stroke her later.

Well done spotting where you can recycle your foil. Excellent I would be chuffed with that. In theory we can screw ours up and add it to our recycling bin here.

Hope you have a good day. Sleek will be over (sorry in her Maid's outfit😳) while I am at the foodbank.

Take care

Ps found this in France and had to stroke it in the absence of Sleeks little head

Breakfast anyone?

bleerios Reshmi!

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Good morning you lovely lot,

I am sorry so many of you are going through it at the moment, Sorry for prattling on about how good I feel, I just do not think sometimes, I am just in shock at the moment after 20+ years of pain and it being "your weight!"

@frogmorton Driving is going well it is funny how free you feel behind the wheel although I have been warned that will stop lol.

I love The Squeeze and the Clash among others My daughters send me lots of new music to listen to at the moment my favs are 1975 and 21 Pilots they have a retro rock kinda sound, gotta keep up with the kids lol

It is one of the many things I cannot wait to do drive around music blaring in my car and NO ONE can change it ! I too was brought up with the Women Fought for the Vote lecture and it is very true but unfortunately, the kids now think things just happen and if they do not vote it does not matter and life will continue, Social media is the worst thing in my opinion it made all the kids so blaze about a lot of things that really do matter, I will vote just have no clue with who!

Love to Sleek xx

@toady Hello you! I am sorry you are having such a terrible time, it is no fun when you feel pain and all I can offer is a big virtual hug and thank you for posting even when you feel bad. I hope today is better for you xxx

My soapbox is a place where I spend quite a lot of my time at the moment, not sure if it is the pain, or I am just becoming a moany awl bag lol Nikkeh, ( my daughter at Sony) has to listen to TikTok streams weekly to find new music she HATES it, she says children are brought up believing they are the next best thing by mummy and they cannot sing a note! she believes if this carries on all we will have is our OLD music as nothing is coming up! 80's that's me and unfortunately my two are the same Nikkeh is the 80's guru at work and when she asked how she knows so much she tells them "if you had my mother you would be one too"

God, I miss Thursday nights and ToTP

Have a great day xxx

@Skinny Keef hello! Hope all is good on your end, xxx

@bosh Be nice TWO days a week oo not sure that is possible as I work in Victoria and my nerves are pushed by the minute lol Today in my world is wan++r Wednesday and tomorrow is tw++ Thursday these days I open my mouth and my mum pops out way too much, I hope you have a great day

to anyone I forgot, I am sorry and @charlestown hope you are well

Wishing you all a less pain day big hugs

Sandee xxxx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I’m sorry you didn’t get the plant’s perhaps they’ve decided to keep them. I haven’t told you my bad habit it doesn’t last long sticking my tongue in the Ovaltine pot. Sue liked Horlicks. I remember when you could get the tablets. I hope the plants will be out tomorrow. You could put a note in her door asking if there are any left.

Toni (()) when can you see someone about your arm (()) we have an old record In a monestry garden. I hope your lovely neighbours are has well as they can be (()). Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day it’s a bit colder here. Love to your mum (())

Sandeelilly (()) when will your car arrive. You must be so excited. Have a good day

Skinny Keef (()) we miss you we haven’t done anything wrong. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Colin (()) Have a good day what ever you do.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Thanks for blearios 😂

Mum is ok 👍

I quickly went to group

It was good 🙏

Nasty S was there though 😱

I’ll tell you about her later

Yes a maid- it’s alright for some isn’t really?

Time for rest and ablutions

More later

Bye for now tc xx

Ps HD made me a skirt 😱😱

• toady
    edited 19. Jun 2024, 15:56

Hi all 👋

I love potato seal frog, in fact I just love those googly eyes, hours of fun you can have 😂. Quite nice out, have just been doing garden odds & ends, nothing out of the ordinary. No idea of the reasons for plant person's actions; maybe it's the husband's or wives 'excess plants' and they sneak them up for sale when the other one's out 😄. Joan's idea of putting a note in was a good one but I don't know how they would convey when they might do it again; anyway the point was for it to be a simple little nice thing & once it becomes a faff I go off the idea. Also the way my mind works is that the universe set this up to spite me, so I tend to go a bit 'oh whatevs, have it your own way' (unless it was something absolutely vital). Perhaps not the scooter for a recce, no, it's too public along there, schoolkids hanging round the shops and chippy etc 😬 I've only got the nerve for 'the untrodden ways'. Could do with a spy pigeon or something though. What have you got by the cart, anything good? 🌼😄. Glad you mentioned scrunching up the tinfoil I forgot to ask if they like it loose or compacted, I was going to jump up & down on a boxful, hope that'll be ok. Sleek looked extremely fetching in her maid's outfit 😸 she sorted out all my doilies and antimacassars in some nice soapflakes so they'll be ready for Formality Friday 😀. What is that sweet little fuzzy thing? looks familiar 🤔. Hope you fitted in all your things to do🤞have a good evening :) xx

Hello Joan, that's a good idea to put a note in to the plant people, I was trying to think what they could do then; they'd have to put one outside where they had the plants I suppose, they might not want to 🤔. I might just walk round again you never know. Not the end of the world these small things are just disappointing when you aren't prepared for them. Ovaltine, eh 😄😄 funny 😊. I don't do that, I'm bad about putting a crumby knife in the butter though 😳 I remember Horlicks tablets. Horlicks used to be different once, they changed it somehow it was a much paler creamy colour. I have a lot of old 78 records, I love them, I bet I've got In a Monastery Garden somewhere 😀. Have a good evening it's nice today just enough cloud :) xx

It's not me that's having a painful time sandeelilly, thanks, can't take sympathy where it's not due - grumpy stiff old bad-tempered & scrawny, yes 😄, but I get off very lightly in the pain department 👍️ very grateful. I miss being able to crouch down the most, I can get down on the floor not too bad & kneel at a pinch but it's not the same. How is your foot? Oh dear your poor daughter having to wade through grim x-factor type streams (demo tapes I was going to say, haha no sadly 📻️). It must be sort of gratifying that she agrees with you and that we aren't all just suffering from 'can't move on' syndrome. Sometimes it cheers you up as well to see comments on u tube when young people have found old great tunes and say why don't they make music as good as this now. Hope the rest of your week goes ok, Thurs tomorrow already 😮 take care :) xx p.s. I have just caught your comment to bosh about your (censored) versions/days of the week, oh amen to those 😂😂 made me laugh thanks.

Hi to bosh, ooh I quite like the hairy skirt 😂. Not sure the HD would take me on once he sees the quality of my secateur-work, maybe I would be ripe for training though 😄. Glad your mum is ok and group was good, hope not too much of Nasty S's nastiness (do I know nasty S? can't remember sorry) wasn't directed your way. I watched the first part of the Doctor Chew finale and I haven't warmed to it at all, sadly 😕 I would certainly never watch any of the again which is a pretty clear test I don't like it. Will read other people's reviews sometime will be interesting. Not much else going on, have a good evening :) xx

Wave to Colin and Keef and anyone not around 👋 xx

• dachshund

Toady do you think the people with the plants might have taken them in because they weren’t selling.

take care
    joan xx
  • toady

Good point Joan I did wish afterwards that I'd looked in the money pot to see what was in there already, would've been useful wouldn't it - if there was much it would have showed they were selling quickly, and if there was none then you could be right they thought it wasn't worth doing. Or someone had pinched the money of course is another possibility! 😬 (I did think it was very trusting of them, why not say put it through the letterbox 🤔). I was just a bit hesistant to look at the pot in case it looked odd to someone, seeing as I wasn't putting any in.

Kind of you to take an interest in my little sagas 😘 I will try to get to the bottom of it 😄 it's about a mile round walk so not on the doorstep and I'd done a longer walk on the Monday already so maybe over the next few days I'll try again. Should always carry some 'real' money with you really but I always know I'm just going to a shop to pay by card these days so don't think.

Take care how are the doughnuts going down :)

• bosh

hi Toni toady Joan sandee and Colin

How are you all?

Just thought I’d quickly put this poem by me on here

Based on real life as there is a magpie corner on my road

Nasty S is a figure from the past

Puts nasty M to shame lol, will elaborate later 👍

Sorry for the instalment- related nature of current messages

More later bye for now tc xx

VC poem
    Called “Magpie Corner”
    At the corner of my Street
    The Magpies love to meet
    They chatter all day long
    And sing the gossip - laden song
    They steal the neighbours’ shiny silver rings
    They maliciously natter about the couple who rows with windows open to the world
    The brazenly repeat all the insults that were hurled
    They throw pollen on head of Mimas who innocently walk
    But I often wonder what sort of secret gems these birds would say if they really learned to talk?

• bosh

hi Toni

Was your return journey ok?

How are your elbows now?

Is your next physio appointment on 2nd July?

Nasty S not only ignored me before but told me not to text her etc not a nice lady really but I survived

sorry v tired goodnight Toni tc xx

Hi toady

Sorry you had a tantrum Tuesday

I’m barely awake

Will attempt proper catch up tomorrow

Good night tc xx

Hi sandee?

Do you work at Victoria tube station?

If yes I can thoroughly understand having to deal with “expletive customers” lol

It’s bad enough for travellers

Ok good night everyone Take care xx

Ps note for Facebook lol xx

• frogmorton

Morning

That spud looks a bit miserable!

Morning Joan that record must be very old and quite valuable then? I googled it and the record cover looks so pretty. I've got to book back in to see the physio again. In the meantime I am still doing the exercises. How are you and the dogs? Seeing my lovely neighbours this afternoon☺️ ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny Keef hope you Sucré and Loanda are doing well. Thinking of you ((()))

Morning Sandee I am so glad you are feeling so much better! None of us begrudge you that at all not ever we celebrate any remission/success so carry on enjoying it.

I rather think you will always enjoy driving you know - I still love it except of course in big cities and I'm not at all keen on motorways.

80s for you then? To be fair my music tastes are very eclectic any era as long as it's good!

I always used to say what your daughter says about programmes like Britain's got talent. Have some of them got no family? No friends to tell them they are rubbish or are they all tone deaf too!☺️

Hope you have a good day.

Morning Reshmi

Hope you and your Mum are both well.

I have to book appt with physio but don't feel like too soon because I have 3 appts already next week🙄 including the dreaded 'ladies' one you know.😕 I will look at the week after. I know I need to it's too painful I need to try something other than the exercise now.

Oh dear me Nasty S sounds really nasty perhaps nasty S and nasty M should have to sit together and just annoy each other? That sounds like a plan. Well done for getting to the group though.

A maid. Bizarre I still can't get over it. Is it maybe a cultural thing? Have they arrived yet? I can't remember the exact day they are coming sorry. Overused my brain. Oh and will you all have to go over at some point to say hello?

LOVE the new poem! I would also love to understand what the birds are saying reckon they wonder what we are saying?!

Have a good day glad you enjoyed your blearios! ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

I kind of think similarly but very slightly different. If those plants are meant to come and live in your garden you will see them again if not it wasn't meant to be. Just make sure you have some pennies in your pocket just in case.

To be fair we don't have much of interest on the cart now most of the good stuff has gone. I will try to get you a photo later.

Hasn't the weather picked up?! About time too!

Sleek was very pleased to clean all of your antimacassars etc ready for formality Friday . She has already chosen her outfit for tomorrow

and very much hopes it will meet both yours and Bosh's approval….

Yes jumping up and down will do perfectly for your foil👍️

I think the furry seed was sycamore seed? starting out like this maybe???

Better get something done.

Posh breakie for everyone vegan option available of course.

Bet Colin is having fun on his bike filming.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) good luck with the plants. I still have some doughnuts left they are in a draw in the fridge. We have rain on Saturday so they say. Have a good day.

Toni (()) could you phone and ask what you can do to help your arm. The pharmacist might be able to help (()) good luck. Yes I still see some of Sue’s carers has I’m going along with the dogs. Have a good day. I’m going to town for a look around tomorrow. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) what does your name mean love to your mum (())

Colin (()) have a good day

Sandeelilly (()) how are you today I hope you have a good day.

Skinny Keef (()) thinking of you and Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Mum and I are ok 👍

Just about to inject mxt

Bye for now tc xx

• bosh

hi Toni

Sorry I forgot to mention that the MH party is on Sunday, so Bill’s clan plus LA’s soirée so all the kids too

Plus another party in our house on Wednesday of next week 😱😱

Mum is in a strop - oh dear

Ok ablutions time

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Sorry almost forgot

👋 Joan

How are you?

Mum and I are more or less ok 👍

My name means “silky” as my parents thought I had silky hair when I was a baby.

Bye for now tc xx

Ps just been digging under bill’s sofa and found this 😂xx

• bosh
    edited 20. Jun 2024, 18:43

hi Toni

Sorry you have such a busy week next week

Hope the “ladies” appointment goes well- I hate things like that too

Oh dear sorry to hear that the exercises are too painful

Once a physio recommended some leg exercises but they were so painful I was almost crying so I pretended I’d done them lol, but I did the other exercises faithfully.

Thanks about nasty S experience, I did almost run out the door to be honest, she was spectacularly nasty in the past, we were friends but she got angry because she made me meet her in a sort of dodgy pub with questionable people hanging around outside, anyway I managed to get inside and find her without incident but the only lunch option for me was some half - cooked onion rings, so I ate just a little bit and chatted and left a bit earlier than I would’ve done if the food wasn’t half raw. She however held this against me and later texted me saying “no more text contact allowed” which was a little bit over the top I think really wasn’t it? Of course she might have been unwell, but that was a long time ago now and I do know that she has seen the psychiatrist- so basically no apology - so a very ookey individual. 😱

Ok I’ll call this an instalment

Ps pic of Bill after LA drank all the milk 😂

Bye for now tc xx

• toady

Hi all 😊 lovely day but bit tired so not done much, no plant hunting, maybe tomorrow.

Sycamore ball! of course frog, silly me, I picked one up a couple of days ago, I shall watch for it to go fuzzy 😊. Wonder why they make those and the spinny seeds cases, belt & braces? Used to have a sycamore in the garden it was lovely but had to go, heaven knows what size it'd be by now 😱. My broad beans are flowering, even though they aren't that tall, that seems to be the way of things this year, late but then overcompensating sort of thing. Not much else to report. I noticed today that al fresco have joined the terrible trend of having marketplace items, it's the thin end of the wedge 🙄 it's the staff & drivers I feel sorry for, they will have people saying 'where's my something or other' when it isn't the driver's job to bring it. Still it can only be so many categories surely, there isn't going to be a marketplace banana seller I take it. Sleek's outfit for tomorrow is perfection 😍 that whole picture is, oh that cat, why did artists ever bother painting ladies, we can't hold a candle to cats. I am making the most of Thursday by scowling to myself and thinking unspeakable thoughts about my silly neighbour whose head is currently visible over the fence as she finicks at any stray ivy leaf which might, horror of horrors, dare come over her side 🙄🙄 good grief. She can fetch her own bin in tomorrow haha. Have a good Friday & weekend but sorry you have such a week of appointments 😕 many tea & biscuits will be cued up for you here. Love to all 👋 :) xx

Hello Joan, I haven't thought about putting my doughnuts in a little fridge drawer, makes sense, especially this weather 😀. I have a letter to finish and post tomorrow so I will walk to the plant person's street as I go that way. I'll keep an eye on Saturday's weather thanks. Lovely evening now the birds are tweeting beautifully 😊🐦️ have a good night and hope you get on alright in town 👍️ :) xx

Hi bosh, hope things not too bad post-mxt and your mum is in a better mood. Upcoming parties as well, eek 😬 well not quite yet. Not much going on with me, my 2 doors neighbour came out the second I went to do some things in the front garden and said hello jocularly even though I wasn't looking his way at the time, so I'm afraid I had to commit grievous blokey harm with the mower, and the strimmer may have become involved as well. Not that I own one, but I enjoyed the mental image 😉 I wouldn't mind people half so much if they didn't do this perfect timing thing, I mean he went out in the car then and stayed out, so if I'd been one min later I'd have missed him. Puts you right off your stride. Catch up with any more news tomorrow, off to bed early for me I think, have a good night 😴 xx

Wave to everyone 😘 take care xx

• bosh
    edited 20. Jun 2024, 20:54

hi again Toni

About the maid thing, I’ve checked my facts and a lot of people in India have domestic help of some kind, but it’s a lot cheaper than here also because of the climate, a lot more cleaning is needed, however bills family is pretty well off, so I guess they need a maid for unpacking some clothes and passports and passing them cups of tea in case they are too important to walk to the kitchen lol.

Thanks about the poem.

Had to have gluco - zade as a plumber came to fix something so I had to the rest in the sauna room on mxt day - oh well I survived 👍

Good point that - what do the birds think?
    Do they understand all the accents?

What about their accents?

Do the Glaswegian magpies speak differently?

Ok Toni hope you have a good night, tc xx

ps Bill doing his chores xx

Pps sorry nearly forgot to say that party on Sunday is voluntary but Wednesday is at our house, so if I come back from group in time I’ll say “hi - where’s my Lego and cheese sandwich? Slice- not block” or something of that nature

• bosh

hi toady - affectionately known as toad - face

Sorry you were tired

Hope you have a good early night

Maybe in true Edwardian style you can play lawn tennis in the neighbour’s garden?

I’m glad you’re not singeing your own hair though

Goodnight tc xx

Good night sandee and Colin too tc x

• frogmorton
    edited 21. Jun 2024, 05:46

because it's a nice day the spud wants a bikini on!

Morning Joan well done you going into town I just hope no more shops have closed down! I take it the dogs behave well while you're out? I am very pleased to hear that you do see the carers so are they all well? I bet they miss you and Sue very much😕 The pharmacist said maybe try a sling, does help you stop doing silly things, but I will make an appt with the physio again I was supposed to anyway. Thanks for caring((())) xxx

Morning Sandee I hope all is well and you were happily busy yesterday. 😊

Morning Reshmi

I remembered that your name meant something to do with beautiful hair. Hope your Mum is ok and your MTX hangover isn't too bad or better still that you don't have one at all!

So having a maid isn't so unusual in India. Right I read all of the number 1 detective lady books they were set in South Africa and apparently there it is considered only right to have a maid/some help in order to share your wealth. To us it sounds pretentious, but to them quite normal maybe it's similar. A nice trip for the maid anyway. As you say she will be very busy I bet she'll want to help your sister!

So Sunday you can stay at home, but on Wednesday they are all descending on your house😮 I would have said take your time at group but actually, I rather think LA, your sister and BR might need you.

Nasty S sounds odd indeed ookey. Worth giving wide berth to, but as you say perhaps she was ill?

I very much hope you will all care to join me this 'arf'noon' for a delightful high tea prepared for us. For tis indeed formality Friday. Strict dress code please hair done (That means all of us not just Sleek!) silk or lace gloves will be expected. We shall partake of said tea in the parlour. I have taken the liberty of organising some musical entertainment for us by way of a string quartet. Most delightful! (shrill laugh)

Take care and have a good day plumbing issues permitting of course! ((()))

Morning Toady

Hope all is well in the garden and you are keeping your IVY on your side!!!! tut tut! Please see your invitation to my little get-together this afternoon above. I do hope you'll be free?

Sleek agrees and has often said the same about us drawing and painting pictures of hoomans when catz are far prettier.

I wondered the same about sycamore balls and sycamore helicopter seeds? Odd indeed or are they different kinds of sycamore trees🤔

Leave the neighbour's bin out🤭 of course you won't/shouldn't.

Myself and Penelope are getting ready to take next door's grandaughter to her prom this afternoon. I washed my hair ready yesterday cleaning the car today will be nothing in comparison. Pictures will follow later. I have made bows to match her dress colour.

Bless.

Have a good day and remember Monty will be on tonight!

Love to anyone AWOL @Skinny Keef and hope Colin is having fun on his bike travels☺️

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

@frogmorton

@Skinny Keef @dachshund @toady @Arthritic_Adventures

Sorry guys yesterday was a wash out! my MTX wiped me out Hope yo all had a great day

excuse the names randomly all over the place the site does not like me this morning :)

Sandee xxxxx @bosh