• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,712

good morning Toni

Wppl Tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 21. Jun 2024, 07:43

Morning all 👋

Early from me frog, as I really must get on with a few things efficiently today and not get led astray by the internet, especially as I have all this hair singeing and curling and goffering and whatnot to do for our lovely afternoon ☕ at least yours is already done 👍 ..where are my pearls 🤔? I forgot to say how much I loved Mr Potato yesterday, oh you'd laugh yourself silly if he turned up wouldn't you. No jacket for today's then 😮! The bins have just been and 'hers' can indeed stay out, you give my good nature too much credit 😉 but I missed the key bit, mine (recycling) isn't out, I wouldn't leave just one. I do them all the other times not just turn & turn about. I don't mind anyone clipping back in a genial sort of way it's the over the top evil eye sort of nastiness 🙄 there is a touch of that in that cat's expression tbh 😬. I am behind again with Monty oh dear, but, I do have some geum seedlings finally! (I have had had to listen to them going on all series about how easy they are 😣) let's hope I can keep them alive🤞. Have a nice drive this afternoon will you go on anywhere yourself? Looks like a lovely day anyway and take care with the carwashing :) xx

Morning Joan hope everything is ok in town for you & any errands, see you later 😊 xx

Magpie poem bosh! 👍 I knew I forgot something yesterday that was it. Lovely 😊 oh they would have all sorts to say wouldn't they, I get them in the garden here, I'd have to learn to 'watch my beak' I think! 😳. Ookily early for me to be in I know, will pop in later too hopefully, have a good day 👋 btw Edwardian lawn tennis, what lawns 🙄 I'm not playing on gravel thank you, it's just not my surface 😁. Well orange blossom murderer has a small front lawn ofc but you wouldn't get much of a game and anyway he's not exactly Fred Perry 🤨. Take care :) xx

Hope the mxt after effects don't hang about too long @sandeelilly , have as good a day as poss 😊 xx

Love to all 😘

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Have a good day everyone

take care
    joan xx
  • Morning Everyone!

@frogmorton @Skinny Keef @dachshund @toady @bosh @Skinny Keef

@sandeelilly (Hope I didn't miss anyone!)

I made it back from the Artic LMAO it was 37C (Feels like 45C with humidity) and camping with the bugs was horrid even with a mesh suit on it was HOT HOT HOT when you got to a stop light but very few in northern Ontario so that's good. It was a very successful trip though I got footage of 5-6 routes enough for six weeks of regular motorcycle adventures on my channel (trying to do every Wednesday, apparently consistency keep YouTube happy, we'll see)

Is @Skinny Keef still AWOL? Hope he's okay…

Wow lots to comment on but I have so much work to do now, miss you all, loved the cat on the uni, the grumpy spud lol Yay good old Canadian Artic summer as not like the winter 37C feels like 45C OUCH Climate change you say????? That's one warm looking skirts ugh, I've been in the basement with the Air Conditioned turned up high ever since I got home.

@bosh very sweet little poem and thought, good for you, it's tough to create and put yourself out there for criticism

Penelope is going to the prom, so fitting!!!!

Have a great day all, busy busy, next week Sue and I lift of for 2 full days of travel to Durban South, Africa!!!!!!!

7 Hours to Toronto to London, 9 Hour layover, 11 Hour flight London to Johannesburg, 3 hour layover, 1.5 hour Johannesburg to Durban. SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP.

This time will be much easier because the kids are home from university and are both working along with their boyfriends so they are all stay at the house and have an assign chore to take care of water the pants (Oh Sue asked me to water one at the door before she left, back in a sec before I forget again!!! …okay dodged a bullet there phew! LMAO) mow the lawn, garbage, mail. House will be way busier than when it's just Sue and I and the girls are at uni!!!

Cat you soon, hope all is well, xoxoxo ←for the ladies!

• One more thought!

@sandeelilly I took my MTX the first night I was away and I'm usually good but after all that heat I got back to my tent on Tuesday around 4 PM, swam in the lake to cool off (they are still pretty cold, early in the season) went back to the tent and slept from 6 PM till 9 AM the next morning. Never bothered with dinner at all. Totally wiped me out too!!!

Hope you feel better now!!!!

• bosh

hi Toni

how are you today?

I didn’t sleep well at all overnight

I woke up very early morning and thought of relocating to the cold room to get some more rest but I didn’t want to risk waking mum

I realised later that it was the wrong decision

Also later on in the day mum said she wouldn’t have minded bless her

So only really caught up on sleep about half an hour ago

But at least I caught up 👍

Mums bs is ok 🙏

The nasty S business is complicated, yes she may have conceivably been unwell on one occasion, but I know she seen the doc and also she’s been very rude to me on a number of occasions after the docs had said she was well, but don’t worry I won’t write a War and Peace style chronicling of all these instances - otherwise we’ll both be here forever lol.

LA and BR won’t be coming here on Wednesday as it’s a daytime party and they’ll be at school and nursery.
    You know it was so hot this morning I actually wore summer leggings but I cream on my legs beforehand- which seemed to have helped.

I pity all naturally dark haired females like myself at summertime - do the preparations needed before leaving house just go on forever and forever? lol

I’ll be glad to see the back of leg razors in winter and I’ll go and hibernate in my hair skirt etc 😂

Formality Friday - oh yes I am indeed participating 👍

My hair has grown to about shoulder length so I’m not sure JA will approve, but that might have to do haha

When I get it cut back into a bob I’ll have to get in the Tardis and go back to the 1920s - I’m not sure about the sequinned dresses though - I may just pack an assortment of single wear - refuse sacks - no laundry that way.

String quartet- how sophisticated, Skinnykeef on electric guitar might have been more fun, I do hope he’s ok, it’s an unfortunate thing that happened, the disagreement, I do remember when I was not so well mentally how sensitive and vulnerable I felt when I was criticised in any way, oh well maybe he’ll return after a while, like last time.

How are coping with the heat Toni?
    Are you finding it hard to sleep?

Mxt - wise, i didn’t have a great morning and only really felt rested after the recent nap,

But feeling better now thanks

How is your mxt day going?

Ok I’ll go for now Toni take care xx

Ps look at toady! I think I’ll warn her neighbour so he can move out of shooting range 😂xx

• bosh

hi toady

How are you today?

Mums ok 👍

I had a bad start to the day with very insufficient sleep

But feeling ok now thanks

Glad the hair singeing is going well lol

This ookey hot humid weather isn’t really helping anyone’s sleep is it?

Do you have rooms of varying temperatures?

Or are they all really hot rooms at the moment?

I see, yes it would be very unladylike to play lawn tennis on gravel, I do agree

At least you don’t have to play on slippery slices of processed cheese, like poor BR, due to his brother’s obsessions haha

I remember a long time ago I was talking to mum about something that Toni said and LA was listening and he said in a very scary and stern headmasterly voice, “ Who’s Toni?”, so I explained, but it’s like I was back at school again and he was the teacher saying, “ Who on earth is this Toni? Is she that naughty little girl who you were feeding cats with in the playground? No wonder you’re so bad at maths, I predict in the future the pharmacist will make you sign a form stating that 150 x 2 = 300! Yes - it’s all down to Toni!” - oh dear what a funny child

Ok hope you get all your jobs done

Bye toady tc xx

Ps pumpernickel raisin bread - instead of 90% proof chocolate xx

• bosh

👋 greetings to Joan sandee and Colin

How are you all today?

Thanks about the poem Colin. I hope you enjoy your holiday, nice cake pic lol.

How was your work day sandee?

My mum is ok thanks Joan .

Bye for now everyone tc x

Ps bills got the posh china out, I guess toady’s coming for tea 😂 x

• toady

Hi all 👋

Ooh yes tea in that china for me bosh please 😍 dainty little teatable that is, not much elbow room will have to be extra refined in my movements. It is hot yes, we did have a breeze here quite a fresh one at some point, not much help indoors though unless you want every fly in the neighbourhood popping in and refusing to go out again even through wide open doors, in that way they have 🙄. There's a hot side here & a cooler side rather than hot rooms, though it's hotter upstairs as a rule like most houses I guess, sun is in the bedroom in the morning - I could avoid this by getting this mythical spare bed mattress that I seem unable to buy, then I could move about the place with the shade. Do you go in for iced tea at all? seems to be popular.. well iced coffee too at great expense from kangaroo etc, but I never really think about it myself. I did get some stuff done thanks not a huge amount just bits to everything. Currently looking for a lost bit of paper, I know I want it for something, but not what for 😂 well the gas meter reading which is on the back, but I know it's the other side that's the important bit 🤷‍♀️. I do like my archery get-up I must say 😊 and yes I do look very focused 😬, I clearly have someone in my sights. Not today though of course that's not really a minor infraction. On which note I'll point out that I let 'toad-face' pass, as it's Friday, it is not Friday tomorrow however 😉😄. Yes who is this Toni indeed, answer the question please witness (severe high court judge voice), very funny 😄. Have as good a night as poss :) xx

Good to see Colin is having fun and travelling and all that on our behalfs, couldn't cope with those temps myself or camping for that matter, so it's nice to do the imaginary armchair travel thing from the relative comfort of the cafe 👍️. Glad you got some good filming time in, safe trips 😊 xx

'night all, love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh

hi toady

That was so funny,

I understand about “toad - face” - duly noted 😂

I just wanted to say that a fb guy said he was a chef and sent me a video of a plate of prawns haha 🍤

Who does he think I am?

Those cholesterol- unfriendly allergy - causing things are meant for bill surely?

Yes another ‘curiouser and curiouser’ situation again haha

Hope you find the piece of paper.

Have a good night tc xx

(I promise not to watch any seafood)

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 22. Jun 2024, 06:19

I think the very brief check in from Joan means she got out into town. It's extra busy when you have to do the dogs yourself first now I expect. Did you buy anything/see anyone interesting? Take care Joan I am going to post a pic of Penelope who took my neighbour's Grandaughter to her prom last night….😊 Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee. Do not beat yourself up about feeling rubbish and unable to summon the energy. Sometimes that is the case. I take my meds last thing and try to sleep it off. Reshmi takes hers Thursdays I think you too I stuck with Friday from working days so I had the weekend. Hope you feel better now ((()))

Morning Reshmi I agree 100? tis hot….

I put the little aircon on in the bedroom 'to aid restful sleep' it helped a bit. I hope you used the cold room last night if needed. I also hope you and your Mum are feeling well.

Of course how silly of me! The children will obviously not be available on week days and evenings would be too late for them too. Well just do a pop in show your face after group.

I rather think you are better of without nasty S she sounds very odd. Remember some friends are like fountains they add to your life, bringing laughter, fun, kindness and beauty. Others are like drains and only take from you whether that be money, time happiness energy. You don't need that. Best avoided at all costs.

I do also miss our @Skinny Keef myself I hope he will peep as far as I know he hasn't been in at all since the 'incident'.

Toady has insisted I put up a 'butt' (bulls eye thingy) for my next soirée in order that she can arch to her heart's consent. Sleek better stay inside or sit behind one of us. I might set up my croquet set though around the mole hills!!!

I hope your day is a good one take care ((())) xxx

Morning Colin - you're back already! wow!

Sorry about the heat I bet you only felt ok on the bike.

Yes Kari (my sister) puts a video out a week and makes 'shorts' too to pop in randomly. This is all for the algorithm to keep it happy and your vids visible.

Penelope doing her bit outside the neighbours yesterday.

How many days will the S Africa trip take in total? I am sure you and Sue will have a lovely time.

Take care

Morning Toady

How are you?

I had the best day ever yesterday getting Penelope ready in the morning then all afternoon yes the whole afternoon in the garden ☺️

I did have to drink 3.3 litres over the day though I was hot, hot, hot! wore my jeans and E45 on arms in a preventative way all seems well. Sleek gave me lots of support cheerleading away.

What do you think of Penelope's outfit yesterday? It was just lovely taking next door's Gdaughter she is a lovely girl and was so nervous, excited and looked gorgeous. Her dress was black and hair down so we could have the roof down too. It felt almost like a wedding! We made quite the entrance when we pulled up I beep-beeped like Figs do. She got lots of attention. Much prettier than the usual cars - posh but boring you know.

I don't understand flies either. I have these

(note the cat gap at the bottom) but I had one inside yesterday took me an hour to catch and release him🙄 They do seem somewhat intellectually challenged.

I also shut curtains when the sun lands on a window. The roof makes upstairs hotter it's like having an oven up there I think. Being a bungalow it's hot everywhere, but like you have a cooler side which fortunately includes our bedroom.

Oh Toad there is a date for the bathroom shower/floor etc…..July 1st😣

Lucy makes a good iced coffee but not for everyday drinking it's a bit too sweet for me.

Have a good day 😊

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) is Archery your new hobby. Have a good day.
    Toni (()) I only went to town to get my neighbour a birthday card. and a look around. Yes that’s a lovely photo of Penelope dressed up. I bet everyone looked when they saw her coming at the prom. Yes I miss Skinny Keef live is to short for fall outs look at Mike he went so quick. Have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day and your mum (()) I like the warm weather not so much pain but not when It’s too hot.

Colin (()) you are doing well have a good day.

Sandeelilly (()) have a good day how are you.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 22. Jun 2024, 10:19

hi Toni

How are you?

Mum and I are ok thanks

But some professional carpet cleaners came to clean stairs

So couldn’t go upstairs for ages

An FB chef guy sent me a video of some prawns lol

I said that I’m not bill 😂

More later

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps toady talking about her bats - sorry ravens lol xx

• bosh

hi all

Sorry not a great day due to female problems

toad - face isn’t an insult but I lack the energy to explain

Though of course I will abide by the amphibious wishes of toady her esteemed self

Very much out of charge electronically speaking too so good night all tc xx

Ps toady has punished me with some cleaning - oh well at least I don’t have to wash her hair 😂 xx

• toady
    edited 22. Jun 2024, 21:18

Hi all 👋

Move up frog can I sit on the 'have done a lot today' seat too, well yours was yesterday technically but you probably have as it's so nice again 😊 not hours in the garden as such, too hot for a lot of the day as it was very cloudless. But I got watering done of course, some washing, worked on some odd jobs including paintstripping a window frame and some general stuff. You just can't turn this dry weather down, you can knock of jobs that take forever in the cold & wet but it does rather make you throw yourself at them 😬. Glad you had such a nice day yesterday 😊 yes you would have knocked spots off the boring big cars 😉 she does look super, and lovely settings. Hope all's well today, sorry to hear about the impending and now actually fixed bathroom date 😱 oh that's not long is it 😣. Ideally I need to book 2 people one after the other so I don't have to tidy twice, but whether it can be done 😬. Oh I like your insect screens, why don't I just get on & get some 🙄 no flies today though I was extra vigilant, it's like closing the airlocks on spaceships, only proceed when you're sure the bit you're in is ok 😄. Have a good Sunday, love to all :) xx

Hello Joan, believe it or not I nearly had an archery lesson once, on a school holiday 😄 I was pencilled in for it on my itinerary, I seem to remember I either couldn't find my way to the right place, or I didn't have the nerve; the first, I think 🤔. The course of history could have been changed couldn't it if I took to it like a duck to water 😂. Are you going to buy Paul Sinha's new book? I keep seeing little snippets in the press as it is being promoted. Have a good Sunday hope you found a nice birthday card for your neighbour, is it soon 😊 xx

Hi bosh, oh I take toad-face entirely as a friendly name, as intended, it was funny and nice 😊 only joking about 'repercussions' ofc 😉. Sorry it's so hot it must be trying for you especially if you were marooned at one point by the carpet cleaners 😬 hope tomorrow is more peaceful. I have remembered why I want my piece of paper but I haven't found it, well it's a start anyway 😄. Did you see that ama*on minimum order for free delivery is now £35 😱 yes £35, gracious me. Well it's the end of shopping with them for me pretty much I think. I like how they announced it by saying something like 'we here are always innovating & working to bring more value to our customers, so here's a tenner price rise', basically 🤷‍♀️. Have a good night and a prawn-free one I hope 😮 even I don't want to look at pictures of prawns in this heat (not that I want to look at them at all but you know what I mean). Hope everyone well, and EF, 'night :) xx

Hi Colin, do you have a nice offcut of 12mm x 5mm pine beading in your workshop by any chance? D shaped or flat not fussy 😄 No-one online did that's for sure, thought it would be an easy thing to pick up, everything but 🙄 had to improvise and trim something down. Hope you're having a good time and the heat not too excessive 👋 take care :) xx

Hope @sandeelilly ok today and everyone else not here at the moment 😘 xx

• bosh

good morning everyone wppl xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan hope you and the dogs are well. You are so right about falling out Mike went so quickly and what about Aidan - that was his heart. Gone almost just like that😕and your wonderful Sue (have you noticed Colin's wife is also called Sue?) of course. Penelope was the best car at the prom definitely😊 Have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Glad to see you and your Mum were ok yesterday.

No prawns thank you very much did you say so? I bet you were too polite and just said they looked lovely. BIL would snatch them out of the chef's hands but well that's up to him and his gut microbiome😏

Imagine cleaning the Starship enterprise! Even I would like that job😊 I suppose it's got to be done love Spock's happy face😁bless. That pic of Toady tending to her ravens - she has a perfectly contemptuous face doesn't she?! Not to sure about that hair colouring shampoo she is trying though….?

Carpet looks good now does it? Blimey they never stop at yours do they? Is it so it looks good for your sister's EF? I mean they have a maid not just cleaners once a week/fortnight. Maybe they should be directed to the new kitchen it's so new and posh.

Have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Get you doing all that yesterday. It was actually almost too hot in the sun wasn't it?

Yesterday you beat me I only watered m plants and did one fabulous job - I planted my cucumber plants in my own compost! I will take you a photo later. I fully expect the biggest cucumbers ever as a result.

The rest of my day was spent doing Lucy's meds, taking son in laws b'day pressie, and delivering leaflets about the proposal and fundraiser for the Church loo and kitchen. Actually I enjoyed that bit - nosing at a load of houses I hadn't seen before!🤭

Oh yes woe is me. Men in the house for a fair few days no doubt too. I am quite stressed about it to be honest, but I do need the 'decent' shower back in action the one we are using ATM is a nightmarey dribbly one. Not ideal for the folically challenged. The floor will also be going down in our bedroom so oh gosh help me😫

I think your idea of lining them up one after the other is good, but then it will be for longer the intrusion so you need to weigh that against the extra cleaning and mental preparation.

Keeping flies out is exactly like that! and the ward Lucy was on when she had cancer. Double doors security opened. I got the magnetic fly screen from catazon. Every little helps doesn't it? Poor flies they really don't want to be in here but just won't go out or calm down enough for us to 'help' them out. I have a 'fly jug' with some 'fly' cardboard for that job.

Today in theory should have a little more cloud cover. so enjoy your day😊

Love to Sandee hope you are having a lovely weekend with Den and possibly other family too. Hope neither of you are working. How's the spuds? See the cutie above! A real cheeky chappie don't you think?

A quick wave to Colin and hope that you are doing ok when is the trip to S Africa and exactly how long is it.

I rather suspect you are film editing ATM. Best of luck with that anyway.

Hope we will see Skinny Keef again one day soon😕

Take care

vegan option available of course!

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Hi all

Hope you are all having a great weekend? All things goid my end thank you all for checking weekends are a bit difficult to keep upto date with you all as only got phone access Bad news Dens potatoes got blight the world is at an end lol he trying to save them will keep you updated.

Have a great Sunday all big hugs xxx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) That would be different you never know where you might of ended up in the Olympic Games. Have a good day. I didn’t know Paul Sinha had a book out. No the only reading I do is on here.

Toni (()) Yes I forgot Aidan and Bill and all the cakes it’s good Bill has someone else (()). my neighbour wanted a bag of plain chrisp’s for his birthday I got him a bar of Kit kat’s as well. You have some unusual potatoes you could start a family of them. How is Annie getting on (()) yes you can see some nice houses but none’s has your own. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) she does so well.

Sandeelilly (()) sorry about your husband’s potato’s (()) have a good day

Colin (()) you must feel so proud of your work. Have a good day

Skinny Keef (()) we wonder how you are and your family. We care about you.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 23. Jun 2024, 17:37

hi Toni

How are you this evening?

Thanks about mum and I .

Mums ok today thanks

I’m feeling better than yesterday 🙏

I made a neutral comment about the prawns pic, but it wasn’t exactly appealing you’re right as they weren’t processed prawns but the type present in all their Dr Who - esque natural majesty - distinctly ookey 😱

Totm is still going on but it feels more manageable today thanks, partly as I could rest when I was tired like a normal person due to the absence of the carpet cleaner

I think it was my mums idea to get the carpet done because the kitchen reminded her of it and also it’s true that the carpet on the stairs was very unclean.

I’m also having a bit of mima - time as my parents have gone to LA soirée combined with Bill’s relatives’party.

I’m glad I was excused from that, MH mansion is hot at the best of times, I think it must be like Lorenzo’s Inferno right now. Apparently the little ten year old girl is very much in awe of LA lol, let’s hope he doesn’t treat her like a domestic servant, but to be honest I wouldn’t put it passed him haha.

Yes the carpet looks good thanks, but the carpet soap fumes were very strong and they made my eyes hurt.

Toni there’s ice cream in the house again!

I even bought a box of chocolates recently, which is very unlike me.

Oh well worse things happen at sea and at the after school club - or whatever the phrase is 😂

I just want to mention that I have some relatives a couple with their daughter I don’t really know the daughter very well but the lady is not very nice ( her husband is okay more or less)

anyway the main point is that they went on holiday recently to Iceland and the lady who is maybe in her late 40s and is a very obnoxious character.
    Put lots of showing off stuff on Facebook about the holiday and basically what happened is just after they left the country to go back home, one hour after they got on the plane, There was a massive volcanic eruption in Iceland three volcanoes erupted at once, as far as I remember, and it was called the curtain of fire,

so they almost died and then she acted as if it was completely normal.
    the husband is more normal and said the kind of things that anyone would say, “thank G*d our daughter didn’t die” etc, but this lady was showing off like she was a filmstar is an action movie, my goodness people can be odd, can’t they?

ok bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps Lorenzo’s sis in her place of work and tantrums 😂 xx

• toady
    edited 23. Jun 2024, 17:42

Hi all 😊 hope your Sundays have been nice.

Quite right frog more cloud today, so ideal out, v pleasant in fact 👍️ hope you've had a good day. I too expect great things of your cucumbers 😀 lovely to be doing the full self-sufficient bit with the compost. I haven't done a lot except tidying & pottering, and was interrupted in that by the return of the 'mower down of innocent plants', come round to do the lawns again 😣 I was not expecting. No harm done apart from knocking one of my new bricks out of place and (of course) leaving it like that, probably didn't notice even. Hope to get it all finished soon but these thuja still aren't here, I will have to chase them up I suppose 🙄. Is Sleek bemoaning the catazon delivery price rise 😾, I'm not sure where this leaves her wish list, probably where it leaves mine, having to save up a decent basketful over a longer time - trouble is by then prices always ge up, down, sold out, etc it becomes a pain in the neck 🙄. I will definitely try & line my workpersons up in a row, neither will be here too long (not like yours, poor soul 😒) and it's just a waste to tidy up twice. This does sound like I live like a pig between things I realize, it's just I like to get stuff out and leave it out if I'm in the middle of ongoing things, who has energy to waste putting every last thing away every night. Hope the fundraising stuff will bear fruit 🤞 and a little bit of snooping as a bonus, all good 😄. I too have insect capturing kits, assorted, my favourite is a little square plastic thing that was part of a watch box, very handy for corners. This morning it was a yogurt pot sellotaped to a long stick to get one of those threadly spi*ers from an awkward cupboard 😄. Have a good start to the week hope Lucy's meds were all there no 2nd trips :) xx

Hello Joan, well I could always post a few lines of Paul's book in here every day for you to read but I think the copyright people would have something to say about it 😄. Your neighbour has not got expensive tastes then, mind you a kitkat is not tuppence is it these days, my local shop wanted 85p for a 4 finger dark choc one 😱 gosh who'd buy things singly unless you have a very good reason. Lovely weather hope you are ok today 😘 xx p.s. I meant to say, I saw that if you buy certain brands of crackers in Brainsberry's as Toni calls and scan your nect*r card you can win an argos voucher.

Sorry about Den's spuds too @sandeelilly so disappointing I get very end of the world as well about things 😂 especially my poor sunflowers I can't seem to have any luck even though I'm always determined I'm going to have rows & rows of them, ah well next year as we say 👍️. Hope some of the potatoes can be salvaged maybe are they all in one place? Have a good Monday as poss 👋 :) xx

Quick hi to bosh probably pop in later 😊 hope your day is ok xx

Wave to Colin too and thinking of everyone not here, hope @Jewels1973 is alright xx

• toady

Quick night to bosh 👋 whom I managed to miss again, it's a knack 😂 ooh a little 'time out' this evening, that's good 👍️. I don't suppose you've been spending it catching up with the finale of Doctor Chew, or the finale of the finale or whatever it's meant to be, I have that to sit through yet, I mean look forward to of course sorry Russell 😉. Hope the chocolates are nice and importantly is the box nice, I'm very big on chocolate boxes which won't surprise you. Luckily they aren't what they used to be so I'm not so tempted to keep them, just my archive of Miss Havisham-esque vintage ones 😬. Have a good night hope it's cool enough to sleep, I was listening to a relaxation tape with thunderstorm and rain background, it doesn't do much for me because I don't find the rain relaxing but I just wondered if listening to things about thunder & the hot weather breaking makes anyone feel cooler 🤔. Bye for now :) xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you tonight?

Mum and I are ok 👍

Thanks about mum

She saw her grandkids today

so she was very happy

She asked LA if he missed auntie, but he has showing off in front of his friends, so he said “ Just a little bit” lol
    Goodnight Joan and take care xx

• bosh

hi queen of the toads / aka toady

How are you?

I did watch Dr Chew, but wasn’t too impressed

It does seem a bit generic doesn’t it?

Was feeling a bit emotional yesterday with those good old female issues

Not so bad today thanks

But really much more tired than usual

That’s interesting about the choc boxes

I’m afraid I may have done some Spock - style blabbing, your PIN numbers, shampoo type, postal address and blood type as well as date of birth are now freely available on my special FB page called “Spooky secateurs - an amphibian’s story” - this may or may not be true.

Have a good night toady tc xx

• frogmorton
    edited 24. Jun 2024, 05:55

There you go Joan a whole family of spuds! How are you doing today? All is well here the sun is out again. Your neighbour is just not at all greedy is he? Only wanting crisps. I would have done something similar to you I bet he enjoyed the kitkat. You're right our own homes are the best aren't they? Bill is really happy and has now bought a property with his new partner isn't that good. I know Aidan would be very pleased for him. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee I hope Den's spuds are ok😮. Now it is still possible the actual spuds are absolutely fine under there so let's all hope for the best🤞

Exactly what I thought a busier family time for you at the weekend. I can be a bit busier too, mind my life is stupid every day with the kids working shifts🙄

I did have a great Sunday hope you did too ((()))

Morning Reshmi

The slightly missed (but really missed loads when not busy showing off to visiting laydeez!) Mima. I hope you enjoyed your break yesterday while the parents were off visiting?

Hope you and your Mum are ok today and TOTM is easing back.

So the stair carpet did need a clean fair enough. The chemicals they use in them (I think to dry them up quickly) can be a bit whiffy.

Now I have a half cousin down there in Reading who has his own carpet cleaning business….could he have cleaned your stairs? It's called a kind of 🐍 beginning with C cleaning.

I had to laugh at you posting all of Toady's private information - including her shampoo - on Facebook😂 It's just so funny! The woman who could have been killed with that volcano🌋 though What a strange response to such a terrifying experience. You've got to admit maybe facebook should be called Egobook of something like that?🙄

Glad to hear the little girl hasn't scared the boys I bet she feels shy outside of her own home. She's on LA's territory of course. I bet BR thinks she's lovely.

Have a good day ((())) xxx

Hope Colin is having a great trip to S Africa I am so covetous!

Morning Toady

Hope all is well. Yesterday was spot on but still a bit warm at times got up to 24 here so retreated to the shady area with my daisy grubber. Most of the weeds in the gravel are now out. I was quietly listening to my audiobook. "How to argue with a meat eater and win every time". Not that I argue, but from time to time I do need to defend myself from attack by meat eaters. Not here though no one has ever criticised me here which is lovely.

Oh dear the manic-mower was back was he? How very rude not putting the border brick back. As you say I doubt he even saw it.

Are you ready for my big reveal?

My compost, my very own organic compost made via my bokashi and composter. I am very proud of it it smells lovely. Not at all like when I poured the bokashi contents into it which is super super YUK🤢 There are a few twigs larger than I'd want but nothing to worry about. Oh and I have some flowers on my🍅 They are in 'normal' peat free compost. Fed with bokashi juice.

I call the threadly sp***rs bobble sp***rs because they only have a bobble for a body bless them. Of course we must 'rescue' any creature if we can and rehome them elsewhere. The yoghurt pot on a stick idea is good so you are a fair distance away from said 8-legged persons.

Lucy's meds are all there, since that time when I couldn't get the clobazam which was scary, things have been fine thanks😊

Sleek is pretty good at adding up so she is making sure she orders enough from her wish list at a time to satisfy catazon delivery requirements. She said we can add to her order anytime as she seems to order most weeks!

Ma coos!

Right have a good day better get us some breakfast on

From Toadstool cafe…..

Love to anyone who happens by especially our missing café friends.