Val's Cafe

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,712

hi Joan

How are you today?

Youโ€™re welcome about the funny stuff, I like writing it too and it also keeps me out of mischief lol

Mum and I are ok ๐Ÿ‘

I hope the weather cools down a bit even if only for a few days

Have a good evening tc xx

• bosh

greetings toady

How are you today?

How is the builders - situation?

Mum and I are ok ๐Ÿ‘

Itโ€™s โ€œSensibility Saturdayโ€, as I told Toni lol,

So we have to mind our manners again Iโ€™m afraid

I read some more on etiquette for Edwardian ladies

And apparently we must not be absent - minded when in the presence of โ€œcompanyโ€

We must also speak in very simple lowbrow language with no foreign words because apparently men donโ€™t like intelligent ladies, even though attracting gentlemen or cads is certainly not our aim in life, well not mine anyway, milkman excluded ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh dear, Iโ€™m afraid that all this intelligence- hiding stuff is getting very exhausting haha

So have a good evening toady and tc xx

• bosh

hi also to sandee and Colin

Hope youโ€™re both ok?

Have a good night tc x

• bosh

Sorry I couldnโ€™t resist this one - if you substitute Louisa for โ€œSadfaceโ€ and โ€œFreyaโ€ for Elizabeth - thereโ€™s a novel right there - toady time to sharpen my quill please!

Ok good night again everyone lol, tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 29. Jun 2024, 21:29

Hello all, I'm still not quite 'here' but I will take a cup of tea please, and a currant scone (or part thereof) if there are any going ๐Ÿ˜‰

Not you as well frog ๐Ÿ™„ how much prodding of the saniflo people have you actually done so far or is it a left it with them type thing? Shame you couldn't have had them before the bathroom people, for, well 'convenience'. Hope your stuff turns up ok Tues. I have no idea what to do come Mon morning because either nothing at all will happen or it'll be can we come round in 5 mins ๐Ÿ™„ . We'll see. Yes the tidying will have to start over again tomorrow grr, probably will have lost all focus & tidy the small details while forgetting some crucial big thing ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. I did manage to get a couple of jobs done yesterday & today, I replaced the putty on an outside window, did a not bad job and I turned up on time would you believe, I will definitely use me again and I recommend me to myself ๐Ÿ˜‚. Sorry I'm behind with news I have read all, including the village tidying, and the chatting (hope the 'not too sure about them' new person won't be the sort that manages to cross paths with you where'er you go ๐Ÿ˜ฑ ), will catch up properly soon. And with plant chat etc. Not covid at Annie's work, oh no ๐Ÿ˜• that's the 3rd mention this week to me, good heavens, and in summer ๐Ÿ™„. Take care all of you ๐Ÿคž xx

Hello Joan, you are doing so well ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ as I often mention I am still sorting family things 20+ years on ๐Ÿ˜”. Good that you had a laugh with your friend over the sorting. I bought a little clothes rail yesterday actually to help me with some of my things, not the same as this but I looked at this one, isn't it clever how hanging up 6 things will magically tidy all that stuff and they aren't even things in the 'before' picture ๐Ÿ˜‚. Thank you about the workmen etc I will have to chase them I suppose. It seems to me they're pretty much all as bad as each other at keeping people informed but I don't understand how they can't just let you have tiny updates, a 'not sure if I can make it will keep you posted' or 'not today sorry' isn't a lot to ask. I suppose they don't know themselves half the time depends how other jobs go. Have a good Sunday yourself :) xx

Hi bosh, all good tales of partygoing and so on thank you ๐Ÿ˜„ including the sort of stories usually told by gentlemen when the ladies have left the room but in this case it was the ladies doing the telling ie bill's auntie so that's the boot on the other foot isn't it ๐Ÿคจ. So is little boys being the ones in tears at parties, oh well, that's equality I suppose โœŒ๏ธ. Thank you the builders situation will start all over again Monday I guess, I take back what I said about bricking them into the biccie cupboard (too good a fate for them tbh), I feel that would be permissible on Sensibility Saturday because I can just say oh dear I didn't realize, I was just tidying the bricks, me being a simple lady and not a clever tradesperson like you ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚. Have a good night and Sunday ๐Ÿ‘‹ love that picture in your post to Joan ๐Ÿ˜Š. I've had a couple of goes at bidding on a little artwork on nosegay in the charity auctions I mentioned but was outbid ๐Ÿ˜”. Some are selling for a lot it's been a good fundraising idea ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. More chat next time :) xx

Hope sandeelilly and Colin are having good weekends, and the new cafe visitors too ๐Ÿ‘‹ and anyone passing :) xx

Love to all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning Joan there was quite a size difference between you and Sue shame you can't use her clothes, but still it might have upset you anyway. My friend did keep and use some of her wife's clothes. My arm is the same I have physio on 10th I will ask about the jab he mentioned last time. One day i think - oh maybe it's a bit betterโ€ฆ.then the next day nope it's as bad๐Ÿ˜• How about you? What's next for your pain? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Hope your headache has gone it rained here overnight so feels a good bit better. Glad to hear your Mum is ok

Charley painted their bedroom yesterday and got new carpet then next weekend she is doing the babies getting ready. Apparently the baby will be induced 3 weeks early due to the Gestational diabetes.

Well I never! What a little gentleman LA can be sorting out a party bag for Freya. That's adorable and gives me hope for his future wifeโค๏ธ

I totally know what you mean about smiling or sniggering on your own (definitely never on Sensibility Saturday though!) whilst in public. Mind you I remember my sister once in the queue at the bank (remember when you queued in banks?!) was facing the people and accidentally let out a huge burp! Gosh was she embarrassed bless her. Personally I thought it was so funny๐Ÿ˜ณ

Mr Darcey! What on earth does he think he looks like a severe lack of decorum there that's for sure! Toady will be peeling like a ๐Ÿ soon after her sunburn.

More funny veg above for you.

Have a good day ((()))xxx

Morning Toady

Yes me as well๐Ÿ™„ Ok so I rang the first time - no problem, he said, I'll ring you tonight or tomorrow morning. That was Monday. So on Wednesday I messaged, a nice one, saying just in case I had forgotten to leave my number. He replied that he was just back from his holidays and very busy this (last week) and hadn't forgotten. I mean yes I wanted him before our real builders๐Ÿ˜• I don't know what to do now I mean you can't call any old plumber for saniflo loosโ€ฆโ€ฆ.

I am very glad to hear your putty putter on-er was on time, not nosey and did a pretty good job! She can come to mine anytime and fix my loo! I don't think it's too far to travel although the number 74 (our nearest bus) isn't running now for 6 MONTHS due to road works!

I will spend a large proportion of tomorrow cleaning up too apart from taking Sleek for her 2nd injection. You have my sympathy I would help if I could.

Yes COVID but maybe it spreads in warmer weather the bugs warming up ready to pounce?๐Ÿ˜ฎ I was just telling Reshmi that Charley is decorating like mad as they will induce 3 weeks early so time is moving on.

The new person is a bloke who has not long split up with his wife that kind so needs to be avoided at all costs.๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Well I am nipping outside right now as it rained overnight so might be able to lift a weed or two๐Ÿ˜Š

A bee but please tell me where are the butterflies this year????

Take care Toad

A quick wave ๐Ÿ‘‹to Sandee and Colin hopefully both having a good weekend.

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) how are you today. Anymore news on your neighbour you need my neighbour I havenโ€™t seen her since she moved in. Have a good day I hope everything goes alright next week.

Toni (()) good luck with Sleeke tomorrow I can see her with a blind fold on going in the vets. I have Sueโ€™s scooter I let mine go. when I go out with the dogs I have her going places she liked. Annie and Charley must be so excited how much longer has Annie to go. Love to Paul (()) Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good day I hope you have a good week

Colin (()) I hope everything is going well for you and your wife

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Mum had low bs today but not hypo

Iโ€™m ok thanks but just feeling a bit lethargic

Ok time for ablutions

Ok bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps look what happens when LAโ€™s mummy forgets to give G Wickham his gift bag! Oh dear.

Pps I did write a poem yesterday about cheese sandwiches- please remind me about it ๐Ÿ™

• bosh

hi Toni

Sorry wasnโ€™t feeling well

Stomach was worse than usual

Not quite sure exactly what upset it

Was feeling decidedly ookey

LAโ€™s future wife, thatโ€™s funny lol

sorry Toni Iโ€™m going to leave it there

Good night Toni toady Joan sandee and Colin tc x

Ps Lorenzoโ€™s future wife I guess x

• toady

Hi all, just one of my quick postcards from the edge ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Big kiss for Sleek for tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ฝ and hope the tidying & plumber-poking will go as well as poss for you frog; oh the old 'no problem ring you later' flannel, it's all word for word with these people that's for sure ๐Ÿ™„. I think I mentioned once that someone said in a thread on mumsnet that they had it from a builder, that the general builders code is never ring & say you aren't coming, & get an earful from a narked customer; just take the line of least resistance & smooth it over when you do turn up ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ (what have I to do with mumsnet you may well ask, well it's a useful source of info at times like any other ๐Ÿ˜„ & certainly many many horror stories of this sort). Thank you I can't possibly accept virtual cleaning help from people with poorly shoulders, I've only a certain amount to do for this lot, it's just glimpse of front hall and then round back, no kitchen involved thankfully ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. Yes, I wasn't nosey at all, quite right, I forgot that one, I didn't patronise myself once ๐Ÿ˜‚. I too got some weeding done, don't know what they're called but those horrid little dark red spreading things that make green seed pods which ping everywhere ๐Ÿ˜•. Your peonies are fab! I love ๐Ÿ˜ are they really the ones you weren't mad about the colour? Gorgeous pic, with that bee hovering like that ๐Ÿ˜Š yes very very few butterflies ๐Ÿ˜• the buddleia will be out soon will soon see then. Glad you aren't relying on the 'number 74', don't suppose those that are are very happy are they. Straight after I read your post today the BBC hopped up with a covid summer wave story, so blah to that, except it was mostly don't knows & can't really tells, because of so little testing etc ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ. Have as good a day as poss tomorrow, will trade builder stories as & when ๐Ÿ˜ฌ love to all xx

Hello Joan, yes please a neighbour like yours ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ no news from here I'm assuming they don't need to sell quickly the family will have their own places already etc and so don't want to drop the price, luckily for me. I'll be the ideal neighbour too if someone wants quiet, when you think what some people have to put up with, they could list me as a selling point ๐Ÿ˜„. Have a good day tomorrow not sure about the weather I found it quite chilly outside in the wind & there was a bit of rain last night. Love to Lexi & Pepper ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

Hi bosh, sorry about the ookey stomach, hope it settles quickly. Will have a proper chat tomorrow I should get off now at a sensible time in case of hopefully - but probably not - but then again best to be prepared - workmen ๐Ÿ™„ who knows. I am rather crackered myself tonight in fact I resemble a flatbread quite strongly as well, thin and well, flat. Have been turning out boxes and stuff as usual and sorting stuff to go, can I interest you in some vhs tapes, a phone I once took apart & with its innards probably not quite reassembled, or a pair of lilac curtains? ๐Ÿ˜„ Hope your mum's bs will be steady overnight ๐Ÿคžyou take care too :) xx

Hope everyone else well, I meant to say @sandeelilly glad you are finding it helpful to be here ๐Ÿ˜Š and hope you've had a good weekend.

Night all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan. How are you today? All is well here the washer is going full blast Sleek doesn't know I am going to catch her soon for the VETs don't tell her will you๐Ÿคญ Good idea keeping Sue's scooter if it's a better one than yours only Joan? Don't go bashing into things like Sue used to! Lovely idea going to places you know Sue liked.

The baby is due in October so we're ok for a bit now they are so excited. Take care of yourself ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

I do hope you feel better today you sounded quite rough yesterday. Your Mum too hope her BS is back in the ideal range today.

Some of yesterday's photos really made me laugh๐Ÿ˜‚ especially Lorenzo's cheese ball and chain one.

Oh and please make sure your sister gives George W his party bag we want everyone to be nice๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Charley is feeling very pleased with herself she decorated the entire bedroom this weekend ready for when the baby comes and next weekend she will do the entire baby's bedroom too. They want to get organised as the Drs will want to bring the baby out as early as is safe due to the diabetes issue.

Oh need I be mindful of my manners today?

Take care and Reshmi? You wrote a ๐Ÿง€ poem I hope you can find it for us please ๐Ÿ˜Š

((())) xxx

Morning Sandee I hope you had a happily busy weekend and that all is well. Have you harvested those spuds yet? I have some great looking flowers on my cucumber plants and my toms no actual fruit yet though. Take care.

I think Colin will be ready to go to SA if he hasn't already packed up and is on his way. I hope the wedding goes well for some reason I have Wednesday in my mind.๐Ÿค”

Morning Toady

Hope all is well in Toad's garden. I did a good hour and half in mine late yesterday. Those red weeds are the very ones which are trying me ATM those seeds! Very clever distribution system though. My Green bin is so heavy I pity the bin persons coming tomorrow. Paul dragged it down to the road ready for me.

Please expect a disgruntled small cat later on today about 11 probably after her 2nd injection. I will be called all sort of names. She has her new cat box ready although as yet she hasn't been in it. This time it had better not break.

I have found the number of another saniflo engineer in Brum so might try that and then I can ignore the other one myself when he deigns to contact me maybe? I am pretty cross Paul is most unimpressed. I won't 'fall out' yet just in case I have to have him here. They have too much power don't they? Workmen. Glad your kitchen can be bypassed. Not so sure about mine thoughโ€ฆ๐Ÿค”

Charley decorated their entire bedroom this weekend (Oh to be young!) ready for baby arriving and will do baby's room this coming weekend.

The peony was actually a poppy! Called candy floss. Isn't it fabulous? I took several photos and kept the one of the bee about to land because in the others he disappeared inside those petals in milliseconds. Please do let me know if you get ๐Ÿฆ‹ once your buddleia flowers. I am quite worried about the lack thereofโ€ฆ.

Have a good day I hope you get outside I will spend most of mine cleaning ready for builders tomorrow๐Ÿ™„

Take care

Love to our missing friends and anyone new who fancies a cuppa

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Hi All,

How are you? This weekend has been too quick I could not tell you what I did!

@frogmorton Hope baby Sleek is ok and the Vets are not too traumatising, Den's potatoes are looking better, his strawberries are nearly done and his Tomato plants look monstrous lol

Hope the rest of the gang had a wonderful weekend. this week is the dreaded election so not sure how much free time I will get but I will drop in when I can

Big Hugs xxxx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

Iโ€™m feeling better ๐Ÿ™

mum is ok ๐Ÿ‘

Bye for now tc xx

Ps be careful what you have for breakfast lol xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) i hope you have a good day. I think you are a good neighbour to live by quiet and helpful. How are your parcels.

Toni (()) good luck at the vetโ€™s. If you had one of sleeks injections you could both be done at the same time. My scooter was bigger than sues because it was a four wheeler but I didnโ€™t want sues to go. I still have her wheelchair I tried to put it on book. There is no shops around here you can put a notice in the window. I canโ€™t ask there my scooter went because they have their own to sell. I hope the physio can help your arm. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have you read the poems/ dittyโ€™s by Pam Ayers. ( I wish i had looked after my teeth ) have a good day love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) I hope the week is not to stressful(()) have a good day

Colin (()) thinking of you.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you today?

Iโ€™m feeling a lot better now thanks

Yesterday the stomach problem seemed to go on most of the day

By the way yesterday I saw Lorenzoโ€™s pic yesterday - he really looks like LA - they could be twins! Ookey ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Ok hereโ€™s the poem before I forget ๐Ÿ‘

This poem is based on reality as once, when I was in the college admin job, when I was a bit traumatised after stomach ulcer, I temporarily became extrovert and had a conversation with a male northern colleague about the best way to make a cheese sandwich, this was when LA was still in the heavens, little did I know how important these culinary delight would become in my life ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ok Iโ€™ll leave it there for now Toni

Instalment day again bye for now tc xx

Poem by me called โ€œWork - related cheese chatter - A far from lighthearted matter โ€œ
    A colleague and I once debated if a cheese sandwich should contain tomato or pickle for the ultimate taste
    I said โ€œLook you canโ€™t let all those juicy tomatoes go to wasteโ€
    The colleague, he replied, โ€œ But dear co - worker, how can you not enjoy the spicy pickleโ€™s zest?
    Even though youโ€™re a southerner, surely you must like these the best?โ€
    I said, โ€œThe tasty pickle definitely has itโ€™s place, but the spice upsets my gastric oracles, thatโ€™s the honest truth
    So I havenโ€™t eaten that particular pickle, not since my youthโ€

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you doing today?

Mum and I are ok ๐Ÿ‘

I have heard of PA and I remember hearing part of one of her poems and I liked it

Donโ€™t worry in the past I didnโ€™t take much care of my teeth either, I kind of had enough problems on my plate really, but I didnโ€™t tell the dentist that lol.

Have a nice evening tc xx

• bosh

hi toady

How are you on Mirthless Monday?

Any builder- related news?

QJL and her esteemed spouse came to tea - but no manners were involved, just probing questions of various types

I hid upstairs

Big HV situation following the royal visit

Physio tomorrow - getting the grumpy dad - mobile there - oh dear

I am also a flatbread, or the holy unleavened carbohydrate of the biccie cupboard

VHS tapes gift - wrapped in lilac curtains please

I expect perfect wrapping or no sweet treats for you

Not even the golden syrup- cake of graciousness i fictitiously ate after the QJL visit

Letโ€™s hope weโ€™re less tired and out of (liquorice all) sorts tomorrow

Good night toady sandee Colin etc tc x

Ps toady you may have to walk all the way to โ€œโ€ฆ cahootsโ€ - a Vulcan needs cosmetics asap! Xx

• toady
    edited 1. Jul 2024, 21:02

Hello all ๐Ÿ‘‹

Another day, another pointlessly mopped floor ๐Ÿคช hope your cleaning is put to better use frog good luck for your deliveries. Ah playing one saniflo man off against the other, well it's a dangerous game ๐Ÿ˜„. Every time I contemplate the 'I'll go elsewhere' threat I remember they couldn't give a monkey's unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜• yes too much power & not enough manners, your modern tradesperson; seriously, heaven forbid you don't want them under the thumb just a quick update ๐Ÿ™„. I'm holding out hope for anything, even the 'haven't forgotten you been busy', of their own accord, than having to chase them - surely they hate that too ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ. Yes I did have a small rather outraged cat visitor, there were a few biting remarks & also the one about not so much angry as disappointed ๐Ÿ˜ฌ ooh a low blow, sorry. We played grocery shopping only to find miceland have been mucking about with their website and in the course of this had chucked everything out of my basket ๐Ÿ™„. Seem to have just made pointless changes including displaying your basket oldest item first, like no other supermarket I know, go figure. Anyway we started again so I gave Sleek a free hand hope it cheered her up a bit. Such a shame that she won't associate being able to do that jump to the back of the sofa with the cause, but if she can do it that's the main thing ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. I'm sure she will be chirruping again by bedtime ๐Ÿ˜ฝ. Oh a poppy ๐Ÿ˜ณ should have known by their buds if nothing else, they are really beautiful, do they come back or self seed from new? The same pesky weeds, oh I must look them up ๐Ÿ˜„ hopefully I've caught mine before they seed but they'll be back I'm sure one way or another. Well done Charley ๐Ÿ˜€ in a weekend, yes just imagine. It will all be lovely I bet ๐Ÿ˜Š. Have a good day as poss tomorrow, I've got an early milk delivery and HAH later so what with that & pacing about between times in case of workmen popping up it will be fun ๐Ÿ˜ฌ . Tea will be required! Love to all :) xx

Hello Joan, no parcels at all at the moment things are very quiet and I haven't had time to put my mind to anything much new in that line. Yes I'm lovely and quiet to live next door to tv is never on hardly and no music, definitely no power mowers etc, I wouldn't say friendly though ๐Ÿ˜ฌ only because I like to keep to myself, just my luck I will get someone who wants to chat over the garden fence ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. I'm always in my own world when I'm out there. Have a good day it was cold today not summer weather at all ๐Ÿ˜” hope it improves but not this week by the looks. I remember Pam, funny which lines stick in your mind, & titles, I remember let's all strut to the lifeguard's hut ๐Ÿ˜„ xx

Hi bosh, good poem and interesting story, funnily I was trying to do my online shop earlier and there are cheese & pickle crackers/biscuits you can buy they were marked *new, I was really hoping for cheese & sundried tomato or something for solidarity! ๐Ÿ˜„ but no. You'd think there would be though. I like the bit about little did you know the role of cheese sandwiches in your future too ๐Ÿ˜„. Talking of cheese my yesterday's post was still in the box today as a draft like it is sometimes, and the bit I typed to you about lilac curtains had turned into this ๐Ÿ˜ฎ that is rather ookey!

Hope your day has been ok, I have a rendezvous with the milkman so had better get off to bed ๐Ÿ˜” leaving your butter on the doorstep from 3am on is not really an option not like the middle of winter. Btw nosegay is 25 years' old according to an email they sent me, suggesting I'd like to have 10% off selected sellers to celebrate, ie the exact same sort of promotion they run all year round, gosh the generosity ๐Ÿ™„ not so much as 50p actual money from them as a present to their loyal nosegayers/subjects. Have a good night and a good day tomorrow a lot cooler isn't it, hope it's helping with pollen counts & suchlike ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ :) xx edit for having missed yours while I was rambling on, oh dear that all does sound a bit mirthless at yours, sorry to hear there was a QJL manifestation as well as everything else, glad you sidestepped the worst of that one. Nosey questions, yes the very opposite of manners, fie, and for shame! I will do my best with the giftwrapping ๐Ÿ˜„ and I love out of sorts the liquorice all variety, very good ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜„. Yes let's hope & good luck with the physio, builder news as (more like 'if') it happens, thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š. xx

Love to everyone, glad Den's potatoes weren't a writeoff @sandeelilly ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ hope we all get some more sun for our toms. Avoiding the political news at all costs atm, so sorry it's not an option for you, you have my sympathy ๐Ÿ˜”. Take care xx

'night all ๐Ÿ˜ด xx

• bosh

thanks toady

I just wanted to say I found this funny meme - if LA can ever bring himself to wed Freya - a lady baby of potential inferior connections, that is! Oh dear! Itโ€™s โ€œcheese and whateverโ€ crackers all round please lol

Goodnight everyone tc xx

• frogmorton
    edited 2. Jul 2024, 05:02

Morning Joan it is difficult to sell stuff these days isn't it? We did used to put a notice up didn't we? If you do facebook there is marketplace on there, but I'd be worried who might come for it. I usually get my nephew to sell bigger items for me. Maybe there's a charity shop nearby? Sue Ryder ones might be able to help. I can see why you can't let Sue's scoter go๐Ÿ˜• so tough losing her she was part of you. ((())) Sorry If I have upset you xxx PS Sleek got on Ok she has a dental next week which is far worse isn't it?

Morning Sandee I thought you were having a good weekend! It's been chilly though hasn't it the last week or so. I mean I think it's supposed to be July!

Den's produce is going really well I am pleased those spuds should be ready to eat soon. Did you get the strawberries before the birds did? Our raspberries are coming along and we have at least 3 gooseberries! The blueberry bush is doing well as it usually does๐Ÿ˜Š

I am trying not to think about the election - will be able to leave that until 'the day'.

Take care ((()))

Morning Reshmi

I am so glad you feel better and hope your Mum is ok too. Don't worry I will not have mushrooms on toast for breakfast!

I forgot to ask - have your sister's EF gone yet? I hope they went before the weather was really quite this cold so maybe they will tell people back home that the weather here isn't too bad๐Ÿคจ Honestly it's supposed to be summer I have my vest back on!

I LOVED the cheese poem. I think both have their place, but I'd probably go for the tomato too๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe you went all extroverted as you were so relieved to be better after that awful ulcer? At least it has prepared you for the arrival on this planet of LA the wonderful cheese eating tiny tyrant!

How amazing that Lorenzo could be his double. Poor teachers trying to see which of them is up to mischief at which time!

Oh my proviso regarding cheese and tomato sandwiches - they must be eaten fresh. I do not like soggy bread๐Ÿ˜

Taka care Reshmi ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Oh dear me Sleek is disappointed in me ๐Ÿ˜• what will I do? I thought so though and she doesn't even realise that next Monday she will have no breakfast AT ALL because she is 'going under' for a dental. That I am dreading really dreading. It's the starving of her first in hate - the guilt. Still she has at least one inflamed tooth and at 15 while she is still healthy it needs to be done.

Thanks for taking her mind off of it with the online shopping that always cheers her up and also agreed the shopping was 'bak to frunt'. She seems fine this morning snuggling in her blankie in this cold weather. The has her duffel coat ready by the door to come to yours later.

I cleaned alllllll day! I have no idea how much of the house will be affected. When will we lose the bath, toilet, shower. Where to keep my private stuff. Wow woe woe they will be here at 8 so no doubt I will find out soon๐Ÿ˜• Poor Sleek will too bless her she'll probably hide in 'spare 'oom'. Wish I could too instead I have to act like a normal person and make tea.

You think it's a risk playing one saniflo engineer off against another? Maybe it is, but today I take that risk! I have my โš” ready. My least favourite tradesperson's behaviour though is the air sucked between teeth with the shake of the head before they tell you how muchโ€ฆ.๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Yes poppies aren't they gorgeous? They self seed I think I never planted them, but love them and these ones too

The weeds behind are deliberate - for the bees you know๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hope your day is ok milk comes on time HAH etc etcโ€ฆ.woe is us!

A quick wave of the hand๐Ÿ–to Colin who must be preparing for the off today if not be already halfway to SA.

Look Reshmi ๐Ÿ„ !!!!

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you today?

Iโ€™m ok ๐Ÿ™

Physio this morning

Mum still asleep

Wppl xx

Ps Billโ€™s in love with himself xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) you would be a good neighbour to live by. No bother to anyone. I hope your workman comes today. Have a good day

Toni (()) sleeke must feel better after the injection. I donโ€™t mind what you say about sue. I tried Facebook I put the wheelchair in the electrical and had a message back saying it was not excepted it was in the wrong place that was market place then they said sorry I could put it in a gain the same happened so I asked my friend the same happened to her sheโ€™s put things on there before and they gone. Have a good day. I hope the workman comes. Love to Paul(()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I got some cheese buns. Good luck with the physio. Love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) how is your foot now. Have a good day if you can.

Colin (()) thinking about you have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

Mums ok ๐Ÿ‘

Got physio this morning

Mushrooms ๐Ÿ„!
    oh dear I will alert all the GI physios worldwide-

We may be banned from all the physio departments though

Weโ€™ll have to do with toady massaging our necks with secateurs - ookey๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Bye for now Toni tc xx

• toady

Afternoon all ๐Ÿ‘‹

HAH came in the first half hour of slot so can knock off now, thought I'd come in for tea & a sitdown and send some extra support frog in your hour of need ๐Ÿ˜ฌ not just an hour I don't suppose sadly unless they're still sizing up &c. Do hope you won't be barred from too many areas for too long โ›”๏ธ ๐Ÿšพ ๐Ÿ˜ฑ yes Sleek did make a dash for mine, it turned out quite nice after the chilly start. Poor thing can't joke about her cat dentist trip, some things are beyond the pale, the no breakfast is so awful, I remember ๐Ÿ˜”. I shan't say a word ofc ๐Ÿคซ. Not much happening with me no sign of my chap though I wasn't really expecting it, for once I managed to get on & concentrate on some jobs so not time wasted. Your Charley may have painted a bedroom in no time flat and one to go, but has she painted her decrepit downstairs plastic loo cistern with rather expensive mineral paint on impulse? No, thought not ๐Ÿ˜„ probably very misguided but it can't look worse, horrid thing. Started on the wardrobe painting too, which is what the paint is actually for, have only just taken in properly the implications that it's a double wardrobe and the doors will actually have to match.. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ not the easiest paint I've ever used. Might get a bit of late gardening in if it's fine. How lucky those lovely poppies are just a 'present', I did put some in this year not many took not sure which variety has, so I'll keep an eye. 'The' weed is an oxalis btw, apparently? and I now know I have plenty of hairy bittercress, too, from searching ๐Ÿ˜„. Weeds for the bees, of course, you must ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. Have a good evening :) xx

Hello Joan, sorry you are having trouble with Face marketplace, doesn't seem very good if your friend has told you the same ๐Ÿ™„ it must happen to other people as well then. I didn't expect my workman today as we haven't got anything fixed, though he might have messaged with a suggestion like before I suppose, but hasn't. It wasn't the best day for me so I let it lie and will see what happens as the week goes on. It's quite nice today now the sun's out a bit hope it is for you too :) xx

Hi bosh, Spock is in luck! I have looked at my extensive makeup collection ๐Ÿ˜‚ and I have an eyeshadow palette called andromeda skies that I can recommend, nice colours all with planetary names, so I'll know exactly what to get in Cahoots ๐Ÿ––. Hope everything going ok with you and the dad-mobile was alright, have you taken out a season ticket booking for group as well tomorrow or will you walk. The new littley romance is very intriguing, many layers by the sounds, definitely a page-turner ๐Ÿคญ. The milkman didn't bring me any currant buns so I think you can safely assume relations have definitely cooled there ๐Ÿ˜’ rather a 'slight' wouldn't you say ๐Ÿ˜•. Butter and no currant buns is rather a one-sided romance in itself, not sure the butter will be that impressed having to slum it with the last few slices of (ever so slightly possible touch of mould) bread ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. Have a good evening ๐Ÿ‘‹ hope everyone well :) xx

Love to everyone not in or on their travels etc ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx