bosh Member Posts: 4,712

good night everyone tc xx

• bosh

good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) i hope you have a good day. Have you got the workmen this week. I hope you manage to do some gardening.

Toni (()) I hope all goes well with sleeks dental work it’s the waiting to be able to collect her that’s the worst. 4 00 is a long time. I hope the rest of your day goes well. My neighbour who has the cancer doesn’t want anymore treatment he wants to be with his wife who died a few years ago. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) I hope she is as well as can be (())

Sandee (()) have a good day I hope it’s a bit quieter there now.

Colin (()) have a good day I hope everything is going well. Love to Sue (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni

I hope Sleek’s dental work goes ok

mum and I are ok 👍

Bye for now tc xx

Ps Himalayas xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 8. Jul 2024, 12:07

Morning all, well afternoon 👋

Lovely pictures as always bosh 😊 hope your day is going ok. I liked the Star Trek data joke as well, I don't care how cheesy, still a good'un 😂. Hope the talking therapy went well 👍️ will pop in again later 👋 :) xx

Thinking of frog who will be very glad when it's bedtime 😘 hope all's well; here's a quick sweet pea, 'Nimbus'.

Hello Joan, I need to just confirm a couple of things with the workmen, then it will probably be 2 or 3 weeks but that's fine, it was only getting the quote etc I mainly wanted to get over with, of course there's the weather to think about too 🙄 hopefully they will find a dry slot. Thunder & lightning for 6 hours here tomorrow so they reckon 😮. It rained yesterday evening too in the end so I didn't get out, have nipped out now just to check things but nothing will need watering, heavy rain tonight. Hope things ok with you & the dogs :) xx

Love to everyone thinking of you all 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Here she is safe and well. Only one tooth needed to come put she had a drip in and scrape and polish £600!

One very hungry pusskin 💖🥰💖

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you this evening?

Glad that Sleek is safe and well 👍

Even though the dentist’s / vet’s fee was unfortunately more wart - rose style than al fresco

I’ve had a bit of a sluggish day here, but I did manage a walk

You’re right, it’s stuffy outside, it’s stuffy inside- very very odd.

My stomach has been a bit odd really, kind of an unusually nauseous feeling in the morning really, so i didn’t eat that much, I’m not feeling so bad now, so I’m hoping that maybe that’s passed, although as we all know - it’s gastric oracle - dependent and all that.

Mum isn’t too bad today thanks

Dad, well he’s just being dad really, lol.

Oh yes one absolutely true comedic gem to impart - LA said that the new PM’s name is J*** L*wis!

How very bourgeois of him! Haha.

Have a good evening Toni and tc xx

Ps nice cup of coffee for you, who knows, maybe good old skinny keef is enjoying some too in a temporarily offline manner xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Mum is feeling ok today thanks 👍

I’m ok thanks

Just a bit more tired then usual

Have a nice night Joan tc xx

• bosh

hi young at heart toady

How are you tonight?

Nice nimbus pic

Thanks about the Data joke etc

Mum is ok today thanks

I’m not so bad I guess thanks but felt extra ookey nausea this morning

So didn’t eat much for most of the day

Did walk but felt drained when walking and drained afterwards basically

This rain is getting monsoon - like really isn’t it?😱

So uneventful day really to put in Manners Monday - friendly terms

I just had to do some reading etc for the talking therapies thing yesterday 👍

Got a therapies’ telephone appointment tomorrow at 11.00 am tomorrow unfortunately- what kind of ookey time is that? Well being an early morning person it’s not great for me, oh well.

Watched a bit of ST Voyager and the cook had a nightmare that he was being boiled alive in his own Leola root stew! He said his only consolation was that the stew was perfectly seasoned- my goodness, it got me thinking, what if the cabbages of Slough took vengeance and boiled us all in a communal saucepan or even couldron?

Now there’s a fantasy novel in the making, Bill’s writing the screenplay, well really his sons are, but no need to tell everyone that of course, since it’s Discretion Doomsday, or maybe Downpour Doomsday, lol, not in the religious sense of course, just an innocent inoffensive joke there.

Ok toady have a good night

Sandbags around the biscuit cupboard I think tc xx

• toady

'Night bosh 👋 I tried to get in a while ago but got a server error screen thing, have seen a few lately 🤔. Thanks for the nice post and about the nimbus, it's about 3rd time lucky growing them I think nice to finally have one in flower. Sorry about the not good stomach today and hope it's definitely better for tomorrow and your telephone appt. My energy levels have dropped like a stone tonight or maybe like a rather heavy scone, currant or otherwise. Not helped by trying to make an online order with 'I See Ya' which turned into a fun game in which they assured me things were available for delivery to my postcode, then I'd go to my basket and they'd say no they weren't please remove them 🙄. Yes I did like the poem thanks, a cautionary tale of two brudders 😄 I do like a nice long last line, too👍. Sandbags for the biccie cupboard 😂 yes I fear it will be, I can hear it setting in out there now, ugh. We will be well steeped by the morning, practically already turned to stock by the time the cabbages come for us, how ironic 😱. Have a good night 😴 xx

Love to dear brave Sleek who looks as beautiful as ever and not a whisker out of place, unlike if we humans had been through that 😘 thanks for letting us know frog so glad all went well hope she is fast asleep and likewise yourself 👍 xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan how are you today? We have rain and lots of it here. The road is closed two directions so luckily i don't have to go that way this week. One is only this week the other for 6 MONTHS! Sleek is ok but I'm not happy she is under the spare room bed and hasn't come out for her breakfast so we'll see. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

How are you and your Mum? How is that queasy stomach feeling you had? I hope it's settled down by now?

Thanks for the tea and yes i do hope Skinny Keef is doing the same in Essex bless him and knows we think of him.

You hav eto wait until 11 for the talking therapy appt? How annoying I wouldn't be so happy myself either. Oh well at least it's not 8pm!

Loved the poem about the chocolate thieves! I hope you let your sister read it she would smile and so would they when they get old enough to look back.

Our new PM is 'Ron' Lewis is it? How very delightful! Pinkies out everyone!

I know £600 quid good job Paul is ok with it I paid out of the joint account🤭

Have a good morning I am not sure how mine will be men here doing more on bathroom and Sleek is definitely not right hiding under bed not eating breakfast😕

Take cate ((())) xxx

Morning Toady what a gorgeous sweet pea!

I hope it's ok with all this rain?

My hall was very eclectic wasn't it? ranging from some cosmos (white) through to some calibrachoa strawberries and cream antirrhinums and some red anemone and much more! If it eases out I might get it out.

ATM I am very worried about my pusskin she is far too quiet for my liking didn't come on the bed last night nor has she come out from under spare 'oom bed for breakfast🤔 I may have risk my purse (or the joint account) again and speak to the vet.

Hope your laptop behaves today.

Take care

Love to Sandee and Colin and anyone else who happens by ((()))

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) that’s good you have the workmen 3 weeks isn’t long. Then it depends on how long it takes them to do it. Have a good day we have rain.

Toni (()) Perhaps Sleeke does not want anyone at the moment. By this afternoon she could be feeling better love to her. How is Lucy (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope everything goes well today for you with the talking. Love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) i hope everything is alright there.

take care
    joan xx
  • toady

Morning all, back later just a quick hello & a teabreak, hope Sleek is going on ok frog 😧 sounds like she made her mind up to tuck herself away last night right from the off 🤞 bound to feel a little bit traumatized more than just a 'normal' vets visit. Fingers crossed for you xx

• bosh
    edited 9. Jul 2024, 09:01

hi Toni

How are you?

Mum is ok 👍

Thanks about the poem

I’m ok too thanks - walked early

Not feeling drained today

Bye for now Toni tc xx

• frogmorton

Sleek ran outside to go for a wee then wouldn't come back in because the 'men' were making a racket. She hid under the eves then under a garden table here:

So I had to chase her round the garden in torrential rain and wrap her in her towel.

At least she's done a wee and eaten some food.

When the builders leave she'll hopefully be much happier.

Thanks everyone I'm sure she's just feeling vulnerable ATM I was so worried because she didn't even sleep on teh bed with me nor hassle me for her breakfast.

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you today?

It was very nice to hear your voice on catsnap 👍

I’m not feeling queasy today thanks but my stomach was upset again last night

so Ive not eaten normally yet, just toasts and a bit of cereal - but at least no nausea in the morning that’s true 👍

I was almost going to write “ morning sickness” haha

The earrings I got for sis were a bit damaged, so I’ll just get her some posh choccies - not for little choc thieves lol -and poss some more jewellery if I find something suitable tomorrow- the earrings weren’t vastly expensive- but it is annoying isn’t it? Also of course earrings can’t really be returned.
    I do send my sister some of my poems, she reads them when she has time 👍
    Yes, annoying appointment time indeed, you’re right, better than really late though, it’s a good job LA isn’t the therapist, otherwise it would’ve been midnight - accompanied by a cheese and choc midnight feast, with pharmacist BR dispensing the antacids 😂

Ron Lewis and elegant tea - drinking indeed, Mother Nature help us haha

Maybe we need a new kind of system, LA will be king with much more than symbolic power - just remind yourself to hide any choccies in your possession under the mattress haha

Hope the workmen situation isn’t too bad

And that sleek feels a bit better than earlier

Bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps just some instructions for bill, so he knows how to open a door lol xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

The appointment was ok 👍

Thanks about mum

We’re both more or less ok today thanks

Have a nice afternoon tc xx

• bosh

hi toady

How are you?

Enjoying a deluge?

Me too, or so it seems 🤢

Mum is ok 👍

Got an early morning walk in due to “stalking therapies appointment”, or whatever they call it these days 😂

Thanks about the poem, TWO cousins, sorry about caps lol, are coming to the birthday meal poor mum is making for sister’s birthday this Sunday! The problem is the cousins have attachments (not the downloadable type haha) the first cousin is harmless enough, but his wife and two kids are coming, the other cousin isn’t so harmless, I believe he lives in “Stomach Acid Attack - Nell” - also known as Bracknell, I know very cheesy and tenuous I might as well be writing for ST Voyager myself now, so basically he’s nearby but never keeps in touch and his girlfriend, who is even more obnoxious and once when there was a kind of “Hindu Christening” - asked “ where’s the alcohol?” - my parents and I don’t drink, we have nothing against drinkers obviously- but not really an appropriate question, she definitely needs a Manners Monday 😂

Ok I’ll go for now toady - need to some exciting physio and other similarly exciting “ stuff”

Have a good evening tc xx

• toady
    edited 9. Jul 2024, 18:03

Hi again 😊 funny old day quite thundery, therefore bit stuffy, as it seems to be for most of us atm. More tea I think ☕.

Thank you for the bulletins on Sleek frog 👍 sorry you had to retrieve her in the rain hope she's a bit more settled post-builders🤞. Not much going on here the weather's rather tiring 😴. Have done a bit to the wardrobe, cleaning and prep mostly, waiting for some bits & pieces in the post like replacement supports for the rails. It's all off for the rabbit handles btw 😂 have realized these ones only face one way; not sure I'd even want drawer handles doing that, like the seller had pictured, but on a wardrobe definitely not. Have picked up a little cotton rug too because moving it around the floor (bare boards) will be easier now & in the future if it's on something, how I get it onto it is another matter 🤔. Updates to follow. Don't suppose you've had a minute to deal with your plants but they'll wait for you I'm sure. I hardly know calibrachoa, but 'million bells' I have heard, so I must have come across them, just annuals, iirc. Love to all hope you have a good night and fingers crossed for the recommencement of chirruping soon 😘 xx

Hello Joan hope not too thundery etc where you are if you've had rain. It is very heavy cloud here very oppressive. The men will only be here a little while when they do come thankfully, nothing as major as Toni's work. The only trouble is they tend to want to come at a moment's notice, understandable as they have to fit their work in for the best, just difficult when you feel they might want to spring up all of a sudden 😬. Then I may have them back for a bit more carpentering I need a new side gate really. Doesn't feel like a Tuesday at all more like Sunday, maybe I'll get back into the right sequence by tomorrow. Have a good night :) xx

Hi bosh, hope your day is not too bad by this evening. Sorry about your sis's earrings yes I hate things getting damaged, such a shame, and awkward like you say. Definitely any chocs will have to be supplied with ther own padlock and combination 🗝️. Very overcast here not sure if it has plans to do anything too awful overnight, well I'll find out soon enough I don't think I'll depress myself by looking it up. Good notice 😂 the Tardis doors open inwards despite the 'pull to open' sign which apparently is for the little police telephone compartment itself #trivia. Have a good evening I hope and everyone ok today :) xx edit for post-crossing, oh no not TWO cousins, with attachments 😱 (very funny 😂) oh dear, it begs the question why a not-harmless cousin who never keeps in touch even wants to come, but there we are. Shame they aren't downloadable attachments maybe they could have been forwarded to some other unfortunate recipient 😬. Good luck with your stuff, yes a deluge more than probable I suspect, maybe instead of mucking about with wardrobes I should put a little work in to the cafe ark, which (more trivia, courtesy of a quiz yesterday) is on record as having been made of 'gopher wood' though no-one seems to entirely know what that is 🤷‍♀️. Will have to make do with any unwanted cafe tables & chairs from the lumber room 😂.

Love to sandeelilly and Colin &c &c 👋 xx

• bosh

hi Toni toady and Joan

I know I’ll confuse everyone now, lol, sorry about that, but I thought I’d say good morning in advance as it’s group - day tomorrow, in an attempt to be streamlined and efficient, well efficient anyway, and if I have time in the stuffy atmosphere of the early morning house - I may say good morning again - but this is my insurance policy lol xx

• frogmorton

Aha Reshmi has done an early early-morning hello!!! Good idea it's group today i think.

Morning Joan How are you doing today? and the dogs too are they well? Sleek is ok again back to normal after yesterday when she was so 'odd' today she was up and ready for her breakfast at 5.30 😊 I think when they feel vulnerable (ill or in pain) they do hide cats. After the foodbank I have physio hoping to see what he suggests next. Maybe the steroid jab. Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi hoping today you feel much better and that your Mum is ok too.

If anyone else reads this Reshmi and I sent each other a very short 'hello' voicemail on catsapp yesterday and Reshmi has the most delightful voice☺️

The weather is supposed to be a bit better today not quite so much rain so maybe you'll get to the group dry at least, but taking your umbrella might be an idea anyway.

The tiles are going down on the bathroom floor and the shower base is in. It's strong and very non-slip which is great for safety.

I am sorry that the earrings were damaged that's so annoying. As you said not returnable are they earrings?🙄 Really nice MH standard chocs will always go down well especially if they are childproof😄 If you happen upon some replacement earrings that's fine otherwise I wouldn't worry.

Will you all be away over to MH this weekend then for celebrations? BIL's friend had better have left by your sister's birthday. No i think you and your Mum are hosting? did I get that right?

Have a good day ((())) xxx

A quick hello to @sandeelilly Sandee I do hope you are ok I know you were struggling before the election sending some extra ((())) just in case you are in extra pain ATM xxx

Morning Toady hope all is well with you.

Sleek is back to normal (chirruping and meowing loudly!) and has her rucksack packed for a quick visit this morning, I believe, while I am at the foodbank. She has packed doughnuts no biccies as her mouth is still a tad tender. She would like some (cat) milkshake to go with too if possible. Expect to hear all about the ordeal.

I don't know all of the plants I purchased either, but will have fun seeing what they do won't I? Yes some are bedding which is fine I am short of summer (😂) bedding this year. I actually got outside yesterday, once, when the rain stopped for perhaps 1/2 an hour. I am hosting Kari's DIL's 30th birthday party on Sunday so it has to look better than it does.😳

Physio this afternoon after the foodbank too…..fingers crossed.

Shame about the rabbit handles but I'm glad you sussed their lack of suitability in good time. Hopefully all the necessary bits will arrive fairly quickly and the transformation can commence😊 Putting it on a rug is a great idea I totally agree once you've wiggled it on it will really help it can be dragged around after that.

Better get on I've done nowt this morning!

Have a good day 🙂

A quick wave to Colin who i suspect is on his way back from SA…..👋

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) Do you find when you have workmen they always want to go to the little room even if they haven’t had anything to drink. Have a good day we have the sun at the moment.

Toni (()) good luck with the physio I hope it helps (()) I have not had any answers for the wheelchair yet. I had a text from one man would you f my daughters cat that went on all evening I just deleted it. I phoned the paper and said the lady could not believe it. That’s good sleek is back to normal again. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day you do well love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good day I hope things have quietened down a bit now.

Colin (()) thinking of you and your wife (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • toady

Hi all 👋

Quiet day here, though I did get a lineful of washing out and dried in a trice, should have done another really but maybe tomorrow, which looks much the same dry & windy 🤞

V glad to hear about Sleek frog 😊 and then again first hand (first paw) lovely to have a quick little visit, we didn't overtax ourselves 😉 took things very easy and ate our doughnuts nicely. Cat milkshake and optional mice-cream. Very relieved she has bounced back 😀😽. Hope the work at home is going well (she did mention the racket, or words to that effect..) the shower sounds great, I hope you love it 😊. What of the Saniflo man btw? Hope to hear that physio was helpful, and that food bank went well today too. My wardrobe rail brackets turned up this morning, rug will be here Friday. You asked was my sweet pea ok in the weather, yes thanks, things didn't get too rough here - another different variety is out too. Won't be a glorious display this year but somehow it never is 😄. Some of the broad beans are doing the drop their flowers and not turn to bean pods things, might get some, but something affected them that didn't last year, weather I expect. Never mind I grow them almost for the flowers alone. Some good news, one of the transplanted orange blossom is finally showing signs of regrowth 👍️ hope the other will too, it was potted on later so fingers crossed. All the best for rest of week and for Sunday's catering, how is that going so far are there trays of spare vol au vents in the cafe fridge 🤭. I love the onions btw, brilliant 'hair' 😄. Have a good evening :) xx

Hello Joan, yes the workmen did seem to be glad of the little room last time they were here 😄 but it was quite warm I think they were drinking water etc that they'd brought with them. The little room is more respectable this year as I've done it up a bit, it's very lucky I've got a downstairs one as it would much worse having to have people traipsing in & upstairs, especially thinking about covid etc, I can just shut them out the back and leave them to it. Not to mention so much less housework as they don't have to go through the house. What happened about your kitchen I seem to have lost track, is it all done? Hope your day has been going ok :) xx

Wave to bosh and catch you later on, think I will need the dreaded afternoon nap today myself - hope group went well, maximum nice people and minimum nasty people 🤞xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you this evening?

Mum and I are ok 👍

My mum luckily found some brand new earrings she has that may suit the birthday queen 👑

Group was ok thanks

Bit muggy weather but at least not too warm outside

Boiling inside though

I talked to nice M’s nice dad - which was good

I was sitting at the opposite end of the Ark - sorry coffee table lol - so I didn’t need to communicate with nasty M

Yes sister’s birthday will be here with poor mum cooking for cousins and all sorts of people that my dad invited- triple ook alert 😱 😱😱

Sorry getting a bit tired now

glad sleek is feeling better

Have a good night Toni tc xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you today?

Mum and I are ok thanks

Still quite hot and muggy here at times

I like doughnuts too

But they tend to upset my stomach

Have a good night tc xx