Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Acceptance?

18910111214»

Comments

• MsPMsP Posts: 10
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    I have found it hard to accept but recently I swallowed my pride and went to a chair yoga class. I had preconceptions about it being for people much older than me (nearly 60). Yoga itself teaches acceptance and also I did a technique with a counsellor where I closed my eyes and my body 'spoke' to me. It said - 'I'm not better' and that reminds me that I can still say that to family and friends who continually ask the closed question 'are you better'? Instead of the open question 'how are you'?
    If I can get a prognosis from my consultant rheumatologist then I think that may help as I'm about 6 weeks in to methotrexate treatment and wondering if I have to put up with the side effects for ever. The treatment is working and has massively improved my mobility so trying to stay positive and I know I'm lucky compared to many.