Not coping.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 20. Feb 2012, 17:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
And I'm not. I am discovering new depths of 'life with arthritis' and I am trying my best to find them fascinating and a valuable addition to my education, but oddly enough I am failing on a number of fronts. :roll: Hey-ho, yes? My name is DD and I have arthritis, and it should matter but somehow it doesn't. DespairingDaisy.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh DD I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling. You are such an inspiration to all of us on the forum I don't like to think you are down.

I know you don't do hugs but sending you some anyway with all my good wishes,

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh honey I am so very sorry to read this.
    I hate to think of you struggling and wish there was something I could do to help. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope that very soon things start to get a little easier for you.
    I hope you manage some restful sleep
    Night Night
    Love & Hugs ((((((((((())))))))))) juliepf x
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Oh my lovely DD,
    I'm so sorry hon, It's the pits sometimes isn't it? I'd like to type out a long and comforting message my friend, but I feel like someone has replaced my fingers with claws :wink: they're sore, stiff and all bent out of shape :roll: but hey, I do a mean impression of Edward scissorhands :lol:
    Chin up my lovely, I know it's naf right now, but we're all here for you :D
    Pm, txt or pref ring me, I can just about manage the phone, I'll tell you something though DD, I've found new skills I never knew I had...I can type using my toes :shock: love and lots and lots of Hugs (((((())))))) X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello DD,

Which fronts are you failing on, and why?
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dd i wish i could help you and make things better but to be honest i not doing great my self as you know need some sun and to know what this b*gger is called i know you do not do hugs but well you need them and i want one lol((())) sending positive thoughts your way val
    val
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Oh DD sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment I can only send you positive vibes and lots of love and a listening ear if you want to pm me please do :wink:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    DD, I am sorry to hear this and sorry I havent been supporting you, but I am struggling myself. It seems a lot of us are struggling at the moment.

I vote for a forum holiday away from arfur??? Maybe we could go to the seychelles? Or the caribbean??? Votes on a postcard pls.

Take care
  • flossy47
    flossy47 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    DD. Sorry to hear you are not doing too well at the moment. You are always there to support everyone and now it's us giving you support. Try to take things a bit easier for a while and I hope things improve soon.
    It does seem like there are quite a few of us suffering at the moment. Must be the weather.
    Flossy
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hello DD
    You have been so supportive to others so I deem you to be really fed up with it all. I wish i had a magic spell or a little bag of fairy dust for you.
    First of all ask Mr DD if he minds me giving you a big hug. There you go does that feel better.
    I have PA , RA and Fibromalgia and I know how tuff it can get, Its hard to keep a front on at times
    And the pain can get difficult to bear, but hey DD you know all this so I won’t go on.
    I do hope you feel a little better soon. ill look in on you in the morning.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Aww DD
    I'm sorry you are struggling....you know where i am.....pm or ring if you want to...anytime.
    Its a horrible thing this thing called arthur.
    Someone was talking about a holiday :) ....yes please...go on holiday....take arthur with you but forget to bring hime home :lol: Just lose him if you can :D
    Well its a nice idea anyway ...if only it was so easy :lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw DD I am sorry. You are allowed to feel that you are having a "not coping" time. At least you can admit it, which is half the battle. I am sure that it will not last and you will be back to being in control mode. You have so much to contend with and have done for years, I am surprised you are not down very much more than you are. You are a very strong person. Give yourself some "me" time and TLC. Thinking of you,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hello DD

i am still reading the forum but not posting much st the moment as I am 'saving my hands' for work!

Sorry to read that you are down at the moment. Its been a long and miserable winter and I dont think that helps our joints or our mental states..
    i personally will be soo glad when the clocks go forward again..

have you got anything good to look forward to over the next few weeks?? Have you seen the film 'The Artist' it made me happy for several days afterwards..

Marion xx
  • Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Oh DD, I'm so sorry your not having it good of late, I been reading your post most recently...and, Im not too sure if all this Rugby Union activity is getting a little too much for you. The excitement/anxities/sweezing your knees to get the balls over the try lines/scrummaging and shouting at the ref, all from the armchair does get to your joints, and, then the big elation when it's all over...what am I going to do next?? concentrate on the pain...solution: record it, and, go through it all again, you'' forget about the pain and discomfort...what a load of old drivel...who know's, it may be a need for a rub down with a wet brick, or, an hour in the hot tub followed by the team physio giving you a good message...at the sound of sounding a bit pervy...I sincerely do hope you are feeling a little better later, we want you, of the all people out there want you to be there for us, we need you!! Sending my love and thoughts.

John xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    You my dear DD are one of my bestest pals on here and I will always be around for you, just wanted everyone to know it.. Cos I'm hoping you already do :D

Manly hugs from me and gay purrs from the great white dope :wink:
    Xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Good morning Mrs DD I said I would look in on you this morning.how are you, I think I better take a look at you today
    Now stick your tong out young lady. Just as I thought a bad case of the blues. But that’s ok once I know the cause we can fix it, now its not easy to fix but with a little help you’ll soon bounce back.
    The diagnoses is the blues caused by just let me see that tong again, yes its to much thinking and worrying. You should know better young lady, how many times have you been in this place “ same as me I suppose to many to count. Bet you have a nice Valintines card this morning that will cheer you up. Its great being loved but its even better when the person you love, loves you too.
    Anyway I digress, hang on ill put the kettle on and well have a cuppa and a chat. PA yes its a nasty little bugger sort of creeps up on you just when you think your feeling better. DD I know its hard when you get like this its so difficult to cope with just the little things. I also happen to know that you try to hide the pain, “dont want to moan to much and all that type of thing”. Sometimes its good to just moan your socks off and get it all out in the open.
    Its great being strong and supportive to other members letting them see how strong you are when all the time your falling apart inside “ that’s me not you LOL” Problem is we never really know when we are going to be bad, you get that good run of a few days and feel so good the next your just wiped off your feet for weeks and can’t seem to get back. As I say it is hard not to think about the impact of your PA when you get like this but try to clear your mind and think of nice things. Wont be long before the summers here I love the summer and my garden. Spending more time with the grandkids we eat outdoors when whenever we can my brothers kids and their children come round and we have long summer days. My brother has a lock keepers cottage on the canal and mooring for lots of boats I grow flowers for him he has the place looking beautiful in the summer, don’t know about you but I feel better already just thinking about it. You know I hate being sick I think in the last three years I have spent at least 10 months in hospital with one thing and another. Having a long term illness can make you a stronger person and more able to cope than others with the day to day routines of life. Well that’s until we get like this, a case of the blues but it won,t be for long DD you’ll bounce back. Anyway this is getting like chapter one of a best seller, I was going to tell you a funny story or joke to cheer you up but thought I would let you know your cyber friends do understand and yes we care. Now that’s enough soppy out of me for this year. You are so supportive to others and i like to read your posts funny or serious, keep your chin up.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning my lovely

Just popped on while I have a rest from trying to iron. I do hope that today you are feeling a little better. You know I am always available to talk to if needed.
    Always thinking of you
    Please take care
    Love from Juliepf xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    So sad to hear your suffering at the moment , lovely DD , you cheer so many of us when we need you that maybe sometimes we forget that you get down too . Multiple hugs to you and Mr DD , Betsy dog and Mr Jilly send love and yaps . Jillyb
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning My friend
    Well....how are things this morning? You feeling any better?
    Sending you loads of (((((()))))) and as Cris would say a bucketful of cope :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Aw DD,
    The strong,supportive one...you are allowed to moan...nobody expects you to cope all the time.
    You've been through so much. I do hope your feeling a bit better this morning.
    Positive thoughts are on there way.

May
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Oh DD, I'm so sorry. I've only just seen your post as I've been having a bit of a flare myself. Try swearing a lot. That's what I do,
    (when my jaw's not too painful that is). I can still impress myself with my repertoire of swear words! You are such an inspiration to all of us on here, I just wish there was something I could do or say to help.
    Hey this might make you laugh. My lovely husband bought me a valentine present. A new wheat bag!!
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • pixie01
    pixie01 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment, hoping today maybe better, hugs (((()))) Jo x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you all so much, what a lovely lot of supportive, encouraging messages, a few giggles to be had too and I appreciate your all taking the time to help me out when so many of you are also down. Five minutes ago this sprang into what I laughingly call my 'brain' - it's a kind of explanantion and thank you poem.

I wouldn't mind if an end was in sight
    I wouldn't mind if the future was bright
    I wouldn't mind if there was a dim light
    I wouldn't mind - but there isn't.

I wouldn't mind if I felt in control
    I wouldn't mind if I felt on a roll
    I wouldn't mind being quietly bold
    I wouldn't mind but I cannot.

I mind very much that my life is just dross
    I mind very much so much I feel cross.
    I mind very much for the greatness of loss
    I mind very much but can't change it.

So, onwards and sideways I slip and I slide
    Onwards and sideways as I hide behind lies
    Onwards and sideways hiding pain from all eyes
    Onwards and sideways should do it.

Thank you my friends for your patience and texts
    Thank you my friends for your hugs and your help
    Thank you my friends for your cheer and and support
    I won't let you down, that I promise.

DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

Well said :lol:
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    DD, thats a really good poem, maybe AC could publish it in their mag??? It sums up life with arfur when you are badly affected eloquently.

I hope you are improving, or managing today. I won't say feel better, as it doesn't work like that. One day at a time, you can do it!!!! :D
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hi DD.
    i'm very sorry it has got you down you have a lot to cope with it's no wonder.
    you are a brave lady. try and have a rest i hope things calm down soon.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx