Not coping.

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD
    how are you feeling today. you are too good a lady to be in the bottle bank i think a money bank would be nicer.
    i hope your sparkle will be back with you soon.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh my! Thank you one and all for your kind words. It's not that good a day today - I have only just got up. :( :oops: I did have some plans for the day but rapidly found out that the feet and ankles were not willing to co-operate so the day was adjusted as needed. I have some chores to sort out then I think I will be trudging back to beddy-byes until it's time to slave over a hot oven. Grrrrrrrr. I trust that you are all as well as you can be and I hope to be back to my usual self soon: I don't like feeling like this. :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DaveBoynton
    DaveBoynton Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi DD,

I really like the poem and agree it would be nice to see in the AC mag. I hope you feel better soon as it's enough to put up with the physical side of things, you don't need anything else. I hope you feel that little bit better soon and will include you in my meditation when i send healing.

Dave
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you Dave, I appreciate your kind words. I am an old hand at this and I know it will pass as it has before and it will again. It will also come back (as it has before and will again). That don't make it any the less tough though, whilst it bites and nips and grinds. There are some great verses on the permanent poetry thread on the CC forum on here, written by us bods who have the nerve to post them! DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Morning dear DD.. I'm hoping that you have spent the while night in the land of nod, in the town of sleepsville....
    My sat nav couldn't find the place last night :roll: so I spent most of it driving around the roundabout in misery-avenue...

Sweet dreams mi dear..
    Manly hugs n stuff... :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi DD,Awake for part of the night and thinking of you hoping you were fast asleep and having good dreams.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning Tony, you remember those lights that regularly popped up in your rear-view mirror? Yup, mine. :roll: And as for the dreams Mig - :shock: They were quite, quite horrible but hey-ho, that's the drugs I guess. I wish they would put a little more energy into controlling the pain and less into mucking with my poor, tired brain. :( Luckily I have a day 'off' today (well, off from work, not the rest of it!) so beddy-byes here I come: have laptop, Kindle, tea (will make a flask, saves doing the stairs too much) and a day of gentle idleness beckons. :D See? Heavily disguised silver linings can always be found! :lol: DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi pal did you ever get my email did try to send one used both addresses as could not remember which is which lol.
    now girl rest rest and rest give your body a chance to catch up had awfull morning yesterday and guess what had not eaten and so not taken meds lol and had taken them early the evening before lol so when they had kicked in felt so much better stupid i am lol leaving you a ((())) just incase you need it val
    val
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Morning DD, yes, morning!!! :shock: Its a miracle, I am up. My mom has come to clean for me, so I have to be up :lol:

Your plan for the day, sounds a good one, enjoy 8)

I have just read, confessions of a gp, it was very interesting.

Take care
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi DD
    i hope your pain is calming down a bit i hope so.
    take care ((((((((DD))))))))
    i'm thinking about you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi DD,

Hope things are slowly easing up for you..

Take care..xx (((X)))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Star2001
    Star2001 Member Posts: 96
    Options
    DD, I just want to say that I am thinking of you (not posting much as am not too good but I do read if I can) You have helped me a lot - when I can't get in here and am feeling low I really try to conjure up some of those positive mantras you share with us all. Hope you turn the corner very soon and hello to all the other lovely supportive people in here x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Morning DD how are you today ?Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning all, DroopyDaisy here. :( Pain pounding away beautifully all over the show, fingers like sausages (thank whoever I don't wear my wedding ring now, it would be soooooo tight!) and feeling ever-so-slightly nauseous with it all. :( Never mind, it will pass 'cos all things do, Mr DD is off to footy so there may be the prospect of beer and curry later if I feel like it (and I will try to, I've dripped about all week so it's time his wife at least made somthing resembling an effort! :) ) and hopefully the day will turn out all right after all BUT - we also have the delights of our neighbour's son's sixteenth birthday party this evening which will probably entail seven hours or so of music getting louder, voices getting shoutier, much yelling in the garden during **** breaks etc etc etc. Can't wait. DD
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still suffering , DD , not posting much lately as I've had a touch of the moaning minnies lately too . I am far from cheery when suffering ; don't know how you manage to keep smiling ! Hope your day is restful and you can enjoy that curry later on . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh dear, you too? I am so sorry - it seems that many of us are up a certain creek at the moment with not one paddle between us! I'm trying not to moan too much as a) it doesn't help and b) it'll bore everyone else. I've been here before and I know I'll be here again - it's all part of one's glorious Life With Arthritis! :lol: I hope we all feel better soon, I really do but at least when we grumble on here we know that people understand. I am so thankful I found AC, I really am. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi pal i am just getting over my flare but eyes are bad today so going to nap in bit to see if that helps even went into town today (mum needed some one with her at optitions she got an age related thing and could not remember what they said so got pics taken of them and asked loads of questions ) right we do not mind you having a little moan was getting worried about you not having seen you posting so keep in touch even if only to moan lol right nap time hope you manage the beer and curry val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    We should start a band called the grumbles... :wink: I'm rather fed up still. Knees are horrid and me and the other joints are not on speaking terms either..
    Bloody arthur :x

Hope you feel better soon
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    Options
    Good plan , Tony , can I be lead singer ( whinger ) of the Grumblies ? Hips and knees with me ; can't wait for the warm summer weather to appear . Nice to know I'm never alone and we can all support each other . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've wimped out. After a few years of this I do recognise when it really isn't advisable to force myself out and this is one of those. :( Never mind, there will be other times, Mr DD will wobble in a while (ITFC are 3-0 up! :o ) so The Dove will be a busy place!

Right, we're forming a band? Hmmmmmm, this needs thought - there must be some wonderful puns lurking in this idea! As for repertoire a number of songs spring to mind: These Bones ain't Made for Walking, Blurry Blurry Night, Tottering In the Street, Rheumos Are Doing It For Themselves, Are You Cranky Tonight? , Drugs for the Troubled Waters and that Sinatra classic - I'll Get There My Way. DD
  • jillyb1
    Options
    A draw for the robins ( charlton athletic ) today , happy hubby here ! Songs : dem bones dem bones dem aching bones ; and that famous elvis number , are you arthritic tonight ? Jillyb
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    The classic, head, shoulders, knees and toes :lol: Are you painful tonight? Painkiller Queen? Lady in wheelchair?

Have to go and think of some good ones. Going to dig out my sparkly outfit to be a wheelchair backing grumbler :lol::lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    We're onto a winner here! Drugs Around the Clock, Alive and Limping, Everybody Hurts (REM) Fingers and Thumbs (Thomas Lang) In the Mood for Pills, I'm Down to my Last Diclofenac, Don't Make This go on Forever.

As for the band - what the hell can we do for a drummer? Ah yes, Animal from The Muppets - perfect! DD
  • flossy47
    flossy47 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Needles and pins.
    Flossy
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I am sorry you are struggling at the moment. :shock: :( you always do so much to cheer the rest of us up. I thought i would post you a message. Lots of cyber hugs your way i think. hope things pick up for you from joanne
    Joanne