HEALTHY EATING

Options

Comments

• RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Managed to lose 2.5lbs this week, so going in the right direction.

Bought loads of WeightWatchers yoghurts from Asda last week.....really fruity, and only £1 for four. Having the Quaker Oats Golden Syrup micro wave porridge for breakfast. Quick and filling. Was really missing something sweet in the evening, after dinner, when I would normally turn to chocolate. Having a couple of Go Ahead biscuits with a cuppa seems to help. Would love to hear if anyone has any other ideas for low cal sweet snacks.......Rosie.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss, Rosieglow. I’m not sure which sweet snacks are low calorie. Dried fruit should be as long as they don’t stick glucose into it. I’d be a bit cautious of Go Ahead bars though. Anything that screams out Low Fat is usually packed full of sugar. I could be wrong.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Well done Rosie, that's excellent.

Sticky is right, anything that says low fat has usually been stuffed full of sugar so be careful. I'm actually a stickler for 'proper' food stuff instead of the low fat stuff. I would much rather have a smaller amount of something I like than twice as much on something nt so nice.

I'm having a rubbish time this week with back pain so I'm not doing hardly anything and I've argued with Hubby and got really down with everything and eaten some Turkish delight chocolate. Ah well.

Fols x
  • Folara
    Options
    IT'S EASTER. I WILL BE EATING CHOCOLATE :lol::lol::lol:

Fols x
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    LOL, fols, i will be too!!! The mini eggs are too hard to resist, especially straight out of the fridge!!

But i will be good again next week :)
    LOVE EMMA X
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Yep, chocolate for me too!

Just this morning I popped in to see neighbours and they were handing out Green & Black's 70% dark praline mini eggs – well, it would've been rude to refuse, wouldn't it?!

I'm sure we'll all be back to our angelic selves next week :wink:
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hi all. Well done to those of you who have lost weight.

I need to lose the fat I am carrying around my middle - not healthy at all. I gave up sugar in tea about 2 years ago, fizzy drinks last year and pizzas since Xmas. I now use a side plate but, I have to confess, I pile the food up now instead of laying it flat. My biggest problem is when I am sitting on my own in the evening. So my weight is still creeping up slowly. My GP suspects I have IBS and has suggested I cut out wheat for the next 3 weeks till I see her again so I'll see if that makes any difference to my weight.

I don't like diet foods as usually they take fat out and fill it with sugar and they often have more calories than normal food. Diet fizzy drinks have chemicals added in place of the sugar which I think is even worse.

I lost a lot of weight some years ago by eating 5 meals and 3 snacks a day. Obviously smaller portions than normal. I think it probably kept the metabolism going. Had to give it up though because I couldn't eat that much food.
    Christine
  • AndMac
    AndMac Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the welcomes! Yes, I am sure about 800 cals a day being my intake limit! It sounds way too low I know but it isn't for me.

I went WAY over that today with a few hot cross buns but I only ever eat them on Good Fridays. A splurge of naughty this weekend will set me up for being good for another 6 weeks.

My CP used to have minimal effects - pre arthritis I could run in an ungainly, but fast fashion. I tripped and stumbled a fair bit though. Now I can barely walk but heigh-ho, I can still earn a living.

I love dried apricots but watch out for laxative effects, they are up there with prunes for me... :lol:
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi

Try ry..ita minis. Only 90cals a bag. I like the salt and vinegar ones.

I also find a Cadxxxys fudge bar (20p) satisfies my chocolate cravings..

M
  • Folara
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? Have you resisted the creme eggs or been a little bit bad?

I've been pretty naughty tbh but I will be extra good come Tuesday I promise :lol:

Fols x
  • RosieGlow
    Options
    Hi Fols,

Trouble is I don`t do "a little bit bad". It`s always a "lot" bad. I only need to get the scent of choc, and I`m like a Bloodhound off for more, more, more. Sooooooooo, no chocolate in the house this Easter. I`ve lost 5.5lbs, which hasn`t been easy, so don`t want to put it back on.......Rosie.x.

PS....Is Tesco open 24/7.......just in case!!!!
  • applerose
    Options
    I usually get an egg off my boss's mum but have been off work all week so didn't get it. It might be waiting for me when I go back. My parents always got me one, but I didn't get that this year. Was very tempted to get off the bus today to get one from the local supermarket but I didn't.

RosieGlow, I'm like you, once I start, I can't stop.
    Christine
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    Chocolate Strawberries from Iceland.............. 'nuff said! :-)
  • Folara
    Options
    Ooh Rosie that's brilliant. Well done.

:lol: No you can't go to Tescos, they are shut for Easter Sunday anyway.

Julia - omg what a great idea.

Fols x
  • emsjane
    Options
    Im afraid i haven't been good either Fols!

Ive been munching my way through some mini eggs with my OH.

BUT, come Tuesday i will be back on the diet, promise!!! I really want to lose the weight now, im determined to carry on!!!

Good luck everyone over the next couple of days resisting the chocolate!! :D
    LOVE EMMA X
  • emsjane
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

How are the diets going?????

I was quite naughty over the Easter weekend, way too much chocolate was consumed!!!

And i know i have put on some of the weight i lost!!!

But i am getting back on track again now and being good again. :D
    LOVE EMMA X
  • applerose
    Options
    Still off work because I can't stop coughing. I did go to the supermarket yesterday to get some food in and was planning on getting an Easter egg but there weren't any left. Just as well really. My GP thinks I have IBS and I have to start cutting things out of my diet - wheat and dairy at the moment. Wow, that is so difficult. I love toast for breakfast and often have a sandwich for lunch. I have found there is wheat in so many things. Tomato soup - why do they put it in there? I make most of my own meals anyway but am having problems there as I can't have pasta or couscous. Only potato or rice or salad. Getting fed up with them but I'll stick with it. Might need to give up carbs too. Eek! I'm hoping at least I'll lose some weight.

Hope you all enjoyed your eggs. :D
    Christine
  • RosieGlow
    Options
    It was hard seeing all the gorgeous chocolate, and not having any, BUT it has paid off. I have lost another 3.5lbs!! It really has given me the incentive to carry on.

I find an Options chocolate drink, and a couple of jaffa cakes about nine/ten at night satisfy my choccie cravings, which thankfully I only ever have in the evening anyway.

If Elaine is looking in, thank you so much for your advice. It has really helped, especially those mini meringues.......luv em!........Rosie......x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hats off to you all, I think you are making splendid efforts and what's wrong with a little of what you fancy every now and again? Dieting is always about denial, and that doesn't help. Eat what you like but less of it, and if that isn't possible then yes, cut it out. It's about re-educating one's eating habits. I have been having waaaay to many lattes lately, so they are now out as of today apart from having one when I go to collect my meth, as that is once a month or even longer intervals. Chocolate was at a minumum over Easter as I have lost my taste for it (there IS a bonus to the oral thrush) but the beer was a different story. That HAS to go, or at least be reigned in! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well not been good but have balanced it with fresh fruit and veg so not all bad unless you count the fish and chips yesterday (gave steve half the chips) it was brunch sort of val
    val
  • applerose
    Options
    Well done RosieGlow for staying away from the chocolate and for losing the weight.
    My sister went on a diet but didn't count all the lager she drank at weekends or the half cup of milk she put in her dozen cups of tea each day then wondered why she didn't lose anything. You don't need to cut it out altogether, just cut back as Dreamdaisy said.
    Fish and chips are ok once in a while Valval.
    Christine
  • Folara
    Options
    You lot are doing alright, I, sadly have not. It's my own fault. I've been down and comfort eating but I will get my head back in gear and make a proper start again in a couple of days. I am going to go to this lovely little fruit and veg shop near me and pick up something healthy and tasty.

Fols x
  • emsjane
    Options
    Fols,

Im not doing well either, as i did put on over the weekend! But i am trying to be good, even if that only means staying the same weight at the moment!! It is hard not to comfort eat nowadays, but i am trying!

Good luck to you :)
    LOVE EMMA X
  • barking1
    barking1 Member Posts: 185
    Options
    I need to spill the beans the weight i lost at the begining has now gone back on :cry: really cross with myself the more i seem to stress over what i am eating the more i eat its very frustrating because i know my back is never going to feel better until i lose some of the excess weight .
    i am lucky i have not had any surgery and hope i wont need any but i need a kick up the bum to get me losing weight why is it so hard, my daughter said to me a few days ago ,you will wish you had done it when you are in a wheelchair mum charming girl but i know in a way she is right ,good luck to everyone else battling with weight loss and comiserations to them who like me are struggling at the moment surely we can do it :roll: x jane
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi All...well not gone well this week...family members all dropped like flies with tummy bug and as i eagerly awaited my turn(as you do) i tried to do extra cleaning to keep bugs at bay... i suffered for that....then at 10pm last night started with an ectopic heart beat attack, after half hour of these OH took me off to local out of hours...they wired me up did usual obs,,,and after another hour called an ambulance and sent me to A&E..where we spent the rest of night with the young people who had drank to much!.....the ectopics stopped after 3-4 hours and we were sent home at 5am.....so maybe the healthy eating too much of a shock to the system!!!

JAJA