Options
12346»

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    My healthy eating has gone out the window at the minute.....must get myself back on track.
    Going on holiday hasnt helped.....lovely as it was :wink:
    I think since my OH retired things have got worse because he keeps suggesting going out for coffee....that means cake...admittedly only have a slice but still do that a few times a week :roll:
    I might try to get myself back to slimming world.....i was at target and not paying...wont be now.....but I'm one of those people that need the incentive of going there and getting weighed each week....also getting tips from others
    Love
    Hileena
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    This might be a bit random here but I pass on my latest Dr Google diet research - I am currently trying to eat well to make sure my body is happy enough to get pregnant. I tend to have quite a balanced diet and graze on fruit and veg through the day most days...I recently read, and this could be rubbish, that if you are a woman then fruits the shape of pears - so avocados, eggplants and whatever else (I can't think of any right now) help regulate hormones and so manage weight - avocado particularly. It could be rubbish but since those things are all OK and it isn't like saying 'eat chips, they make you healthy' I figured it can't hurt to try it. For one thing, my skin is happier with those things in my diet more regularly. Just thought I would pass it on...if I could just find a way to give up caffiene - fresh coffee and cola are my two favourite bad things and in my head 'help' me - then I would be doing much better than I am. Alternatively, if I could find some research which would justify my drinking either, I would also be happy! :lol:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Alternatively, if I could find some research which would justify my drinking either, I would also be happy! :lol:

Oh come on, LV. You're clearly not trying hard enough :wink: Just ignore words such as 'single', 'small' and 'units' and you'll be fine :lol: Seriously, I got a nasty shock the other week when I discovered that by drinking one small bottle of my favourite cider, I was well over the recommended daily limit. Everything, as they say, in s*dd*ng moderation.

I love avocados but don't they have a lot of calories? I do pig out on them when at my son's in California but, over here, they're too expensive to over-indulge on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    [quote=

I love avocados but don't they have a lot of calories? I do pig out on them when at my son's in California but, over here, they're too expensive to over-indulge on.[/quote]

they are the good fats either LDL or HDL...the ones which make you lose weight apparently, this does all come from Dr Google though and I think we all know how unreliable he is! They taste good IF you can ger one resembling ripe but I bet they taste even better in California :D
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter