Post something about yourself...

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mig wrote:
    Why do people laugh about gussets,it would be mighty draughty without them,it was totally boring but it put a crust on the table. :lol: Mig
    My dogs love love to eat them AAAAGGGHHH.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    urggghhh
    Crusty gussets :shock: :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Well something about myself, Thats not easy when you think about it I met lots of people and done lots of things, its not often you get to blow your own trumpet. And after my last post on LWT think I need to do something positive Avrielle I love your post sounds to me as though you where a bit of a rebel and I like rebels.good to hear you tell it as it is and be so frank and to honest I’m rather glad it failed. never thought i would posting stuff like this today, Well done Tony.
    I have done many things and met many famous people worked for miss world ( Eric Morley )and met many stars, I hold a military award that only 83 people in the world have. I Stood in places no man ever stood and done things no man would ever want to do. I have been on the news, Had 2 songs written about me, been to buck palace met lots of PMs but not this one had a meeting with Harold Willson and had to odd shoes on, one brown and one black he saw the funny side of it. I never I don’t like to make mistakes like that, but I did Laugh. got shot down in a helicopter and as you can see survived.
    I restored the local War memorial took me 5 years to raise enough money to do it. Up until I got RA I raised money for all sorts of charities. Still working for one now but its bloody hard to cope these days. Fun Days my nick name in those days was Monty.
    However the best thing I ever done was meet Mrs C we met as children I was 11 she 10,at age 14 we became sweethearts and been together ever since. We have A beautiful daughter and 2 grandchildren they are my proudest thing in life, next to Mrs C My daughter has 2 degrees and a masters and has had some of her stuff published in medical journals. Then the 2 grandchildren They are my Grandson at the age of 14 has flown an aeroplane he’s my World, My granddaughter She is 21 now wants to be a physiotherapist Now that’s a whole different ball game because she is my Universe and I could write a book about her. Never thought I could love people so much But so proud of them all. Mrs C needs a medal for putting up with me since I got sick. Her Father was a famous Liverpool boxer and her Grandfather was also a famous boxer and holder of a Lonsdale belt. She worked with people suffering from mental illness and Alzheimer's disease for 22 years I think that’s why she puts up with me Apart from that not done much. Did I tell you I went to Eric Claptons house, met Mick Jagger, Cilla
    Black, and John Lennon I saw Frank Sinatra play Piano on top of the legs of Mann, Freddie Star, Ken Dodd, I was friends with the Irish Show band till they where mudded. I was second in the Sleeve Donard (Highest mountain in Ireland) race two years on the run. I’m starting to feel a little better now I had a good brag. I know the Searches and lots of 60s groups. I was expelled from 2 schools and in my last year at school I had 3 half days in. But I regretted that and had to go to school later in life and eventually got myself to uni The army are really good with education these days. But I would not recommend young people joining the army today My grandson wants to join the Air force. Well that’s all folks if I think of anything really good ill get back to you. As for Tommy Steele he is one of my all time greatest and one of the first British rock and rollers to have chart success but a fantastic entertainer and OBE I think he may be in his 80s now Thomas hicks I think his real name was but a fantastic voice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8SEV-X6s4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8SEV-X6s4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo7E9q5VO00
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Wow, Colin, what an amazing, interesting, varied life thus far. Not much you have not done or achieved. I feel dizzy. Did you always remember to breathe? Have you ever thought of writing a book about your life? What a lovely, genuine person you are too, but I knew that anyway. You ought to feel immensely proud when you re-read all you have typed. Your family will be too, let them read it as well, to remind them, but I very much doubt they need reminding.

You are an incredible man, Colin.

Gentle hugs to you,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Avrielle...I love the hole in the wall thing....I can just imagine the students wondering who made it...and yes whatever your life as thrown at you ...it has made you stronger...
    Colin what can I say...you should write the book....it just goes to show how different peoples lives can be, its something that fascinate me,and I have really enjoyed reading about them.
    Tony what a brilliant thread you have started :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Wow... Colin, I think we are all very proud to know you good sir :D
    I'm definitely happy I started this thread now, it has been great finding out the things we have done etc..
    Thank you everyone who has posted, it has made for excellent reading...

My life seems rather boring now lol...

Please keep adding....

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • fowls48
    tjt6768 wrote:
    urggghhh
    Chintz the cat loves to roll in MR Fowls crusty undies :shock: I say to myself make sure you do not kiss that cat for a couple of days :lol:
  • fowls48
    Colin

You have had a fantastic and adveturous life something really to be proud of ,Well done too you .I could and will never match that .

karen.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Amazing Colin. Colin I'd love to know what 2 songs have been written about you. We might have to start a thread to guess......

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hey Elizabeth i thought someone might ask that but i would have to give away my real name if i told you.
    i take it most of you use a sudername on the Forum, Not that anyone would know me anyway, I thank you for the nice coments to me me life seems just like anyone elses. When i think back i wish different things for myself. I wish i would have been home more with the family Time is the greatest thing you can give to another person. I think if you googled most of us you would get some information. Seriousley i was mistaken for a pop star from the 60s at a club i worked in so i pretended to the person that he was right but not to tell people. Within hours everybody in the club thought i was that person and using a sudername. I used to walk around singing the songs that this guy used to sing LMAO and they all believed i was him untill one day in a drunken state i told them the truth but then came out with the metal plate in my head so mobiles where not allowed in the club and they fell for that one to.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • fowls48
    Ooh Colin you scallywag :lol:
  • fowls48
    tjt6768 wrote:
    urggghhh
    Just found another pair of Grundies in the garden this morning Brand new one aswell , that ruddy dog nicks em off the chair .Then they play tug of war with them .Cannot help :lol: though .
  • tjt6768
    I was wondering if your other half was called knickerless?
    Lol

I was on the front page of the local weekly paper with the missus for the punk Wedding lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    when I was about eight I was given an award from frasier heinz in the middle of the merrion centre lol..
    I had no idea who the Hell he was haha.
    Woohoo.. I really am famous :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • fowls48
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Lol

I was on the front page of the local weekly paper with the missus for the punk Wedding lol
    Well Mr fowls came down stairs in his Grundies the other week , i burst out laughing , an said "do you know you have a great big hole in your pants "he says" i thought there was was a draught coming from somewhere " :lol: Murphy the dog was hiding under the table :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    tjt6768 wrote:
    when I was about eight I was given an award from frasier heinz in the middle of the merrion centre lol..
    I had no idea who the Hell he was haha.
    Woohoo.. I really am famous :lol:

Tony who is frasier heinz :oops:
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    What a great read.. Some really interesting info..

Had me thinking what i can write that may be interesting..Hmmm??

*Met Rupert the bear when i was 6 and he gave me his famous scalf

*Met Johnny vegas and had my photo took, this was before he was famous like he is now, his agent was a right plonker..

*My nickname is Trev, apparently i am more like a bloke than a woman(last time i looked i had all my lady bits) as i like sport, climbing trees(not anymore) arm wrestling, downing pints, i'd say i am more a trace than a Trev now though lol

Can't think of anything else exciting at the mo, if i do i shall return..I'll be back.........
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I won a record player when I was twelve for writing a poem! :shock: :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • broms
    broms Member Posts: 24
    Packed Prince Charles parachutes when he learnt to fly fast jets at RAF Brawdy

Had tea with his sons in the Officers Mess when they were at RAF Shawbury learning to fly helicopters (I used to run the IT network there)

Completed the IronButt rally in 2010 (1000 miles in less then 24 hours on a motorbike)
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I got married when I was 7. It was with the Sunday school I attended. Can't remember much about it except I wore a white dress and a veil and walked up the aisle. I think it was a play we were doing.

A few years ago, I packed a bag not much more than a foot square and went pillion on a motorbike from the NE England all the way to the south of Spain. We camped each night and stayed for 3 nights every few days to wash our few clothes. Took us 3 weeks there and back.

When I was 18, I used to go to a nightclub where they got people up on the stage to play games. On Xmas Eve, when I was on my way out of the house, my dad said I had to bring back a turkey. At the club, a few of us got up and were asked to fight our way out of huge paper bags. I won and was given a set of glasses. I asked if I could have the turkey which was one of the prizes and the compere said I could. My parents got quite a shock when they got up and found there were two turkeys for the Xmas dinner.
    Christine
  • tjt6768
    these are great. Thanks... :D

Toni... My point exactly lol..
    I think he was in emmerdale farm or some other such tripe.. Haha
    I was given a book on the police by him. Still have it. somewhere..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazer_Hines#section_1
    Found this.. I spelt his name wrong, THAT'S HOW FAMOUS HE IS lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    :shock: :lol::lol::D
    fowls48 wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Lol

Well Mr fowls came down stairs in his Grundies the other week , i burst out laughing , an said "do you know you have a great big hole in your pants "he says" i thought there was was a draught coming from somewhere " :lol: Murphy the dog was hiding under the table :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • fowls48
    tjt6768 wrote:
    :shock: :lol::lol::D
    fowls48 wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Lol

Have you got a picture of this punk wedding :?:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I remember Frazier Hines Tony!

I' ve thought of something...... I got Tony Harts autograph which was a lovely drawing of a dog.

I've mentioned my daughter was in Jack Osbournes class at school. He was a nice lad and chuffed when we named my Son Jack (although it wasn't after him). It was just before they returned to USA and did the reality show.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • fowls48
    :lol:
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Lol