1st Grandbaby expected today, Friday 6th

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 14. Aug 2012, 13:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm in a tizz!

Expected due date today. :shock: :D:D:D:D:D

I know first grandbabies are usually late especially when there's a NannaLegs waiting in the wings but .......................every ring of the phone and we're fighting to reach it first (guess who always loses :roll: ) and we're sleeping with our mobile phones under our pillows. Gee whiz, anticipation is a wonderful thing! :D

(Incidentally it's the first birthday of Knew-knee today too :shock: :D )

Watch this space I'll keep you informed.

Luv with a tremor of excitement,
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your knee Linda.my new grandson was exactly a week overdue like you every time the phone rang i thought it was the good news coming.Hopefully it will not be too long now,let us know asap.xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Linda

Happy Birthday to knees :lol: My Daughter is 16 today .Hope your Grandchild arrives soon , Unfortunately mine were a week late :( How exciting for you though hope it comes soon ,as you will pulling your hair out :) Aah when it arrives it will be a happy day indeed , they are so sweet when they are tiny like that, there will be a lot of cooing and aahh ing going on in the legs house hold .

Fingers crossed for you :D

karen
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    AH! Linda I'm thinking of you how exciting it all is ..do let us know the moment it happens!
    We have 10 days left till the due date, so looking forward to hearing how everything goes.
    We have everything ready and the head is engaged.
    Good luck to the mummy to be!
    :)
    Ruby
  • lindalegs
    Options
    diamond wrote:
    Happy Birthday to your knee Linda.my new grandson was exactly a week overdue like you every time the phone rang i thought it was the good news coming.Hopefully it will not be too long now,let us know asap.xx

I don't think we could stand a whole week Diamond :shock: Still we have no say in it, baby will know when it's ready :D

Bet your new grandson is lovely :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    fowls48 wrote:
    Hi Linda

Happy Birthday to knees :lol: My Daughter is 16 today .Hope your Grandchild arrives soon , Unfortunately mine were a week late :( How exciting for you though hope it comes soon ,as you will pulling your hair out :) Aah when it arrives it will be a happy day indeed , they are so sweet when they are tiny like that, there will be a lot of cooing and aahh ing going on in the legs house hold .

Fingers crossed for you :D

karen

Happy birthday to your daughter Karen, sweet sixteen, I can remember my sixteenth birthday especially as Ringo's 'You're sixteen' was top of the charts at the same time. :shock:

I'll let you know when the coo-ing starts. :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    ruby2 wrote:
    AH! Linda I'm thinking of you how exciting it all is ..do let us know the moment it happens!
    We have 10 days left till the due date, so looking forward to hearing how everything goes.
    We have everything ready and the head is engaged.
    Good luck to the mummy to be!
    :)

Not long for you too then Ruby.

When we've finished pacing the carpet we'll send it for you so you can pace in the same ruts! :wink:I've just thought if my grandbaby's late and yours is early, you could beat me to it ............. :shock:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    that's wonderful Linda...
    The very best of luck to mum, you and everyone else :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lindalegs
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    that's wonderful Linda...
    The very best of luck to mum, you and everyone else :D

Thanks Tony :D

Phone still hasn't rang! :wink:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Linda ..now I need you to sit down and slowly pant.....Aww Granny legs.. Im so pleased for you :D my third Gd is due in two weeks.... :D now we need updates...
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    How exciting, not suprising that you can't wait. :D
  • lindalegs
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Linda ..now I need you to sit down and slowly pant.....Aww Granny legs.. Im so pleased for you :D my third Gd is due in two weeks.... :D now we need updates...

Pant, Pant, Breathe .................. it's not working Barbara I'm still excited!

Your third granddaughter in two weeks time wow our children have been busy!!

I'll keep you posted and you must keep us posted also :D:D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    suzygirl wrote:
    How exciting, not suprising that you can't wait. :D

I can't Suzy and it's now one minute overdue :shock:

Mobile phone under the pillow again tonight :roll:

:D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thinking of you hope it here now val
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Good morning dear Linda, :D

So that exciting "hatching" time has nearly arrived. :wink: The waiting is "awful" isn't it? One cannot think of much else! :D

Some of these babes seem to get most comfortable and are in no hurry to pop out, especially as we all want them to do just that, including the mum to be!

I am sure it will not be long now although it will seem like it to you until it happens. :D

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What an exciting time for you, Legs! :D I hope all is well with the prospective mum etc - and you too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    My first grandchild came 8 days early.....no pacing the floor for me as it seemed to happen so quick. I do hope you don't have to wait a week.

Wonderful time for you and the new mum. Love May
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,473
    Options
    Any news let Legs??

I can't wait :D

Such an exiting time to come!

Love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Our first - american - grandchild arrived a month early by Caesarian section. Our son rang us at 5.15pm our time to say they were going to do the caesar, at 3.15am to say we had a grandson and, just as we'd finally got back to sleep at 7am to have another chat about it and him and ask if we'd seen the pics he'd sent :roll: It was fantastic and I'm sure yours will be too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Thank you everybody :D

No news yet except to say the phone just rang, my heart started pounding and it was ...............................Auntie Winnie :shock:

Because we live close to the hospital, the plan is for Mr Legs to run them there so they don't have to worry about parking so we're going to know as soon as she goes into labour. He has a big towel ready for her to sit on .......................just in case :shock:

No wine for us tonight :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,473
    Options
    Bless Auntie Winnie I hope you were able to be patient!

Definitely in the circumstances....no wine :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    I was so patient I was almost a nun :shock: :wink:

Y'know it's lovely to hear everybody's grandbaby stories :D I've also realised there will never be a special time like this again because this little person will change our lives.

Still waiting.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    I was so patient I was almost a nun :shock: :wink:

Y'know it's lovely to hear everybody's grandbaby stories :D I've also realised there will never be a special time like this again because this little person will change our lives.

Still waiting.

Luv,
    Hi Linda
    I described it has a different kind of love...like no other, you will melt when you see her xxx oops I am saying she...do we not know what the little person is.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Love to you all best thing i was ever called was Granddad
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :lol: Lynn, lets hope Mr. Legs does not have to deliver the babe. :wink: Probably not so fast with the first but you never know! My one and only grandchild arrived very quickly though.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindalegs
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Linda
    I described it has a different kind of love...like no other, you will melt when you see her xxx oops I am saying she...do we not know what the little person is.. :D

Nah Barbara, we just know it's a baby and not a puppy this time! ........................(they have three big dogs) ...................I, for one, don't know how they'll manage :shock: I suppose when I have my NannaLeg's hat on I'll be allowed to worry :wink:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x