Come on Val you can beat it.

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 15. Dec 2012, 09:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi I know a lot you don't know me but you do know Val.

She was diagnosed with cancer just a few weeks ago. She has told me about what she has. She has cancer in her pancreas. We have talked for hours about it, sometimes in the middle of the night we have laughed.

On Wednesday she starts the biggest fight she has ever had to do. She starts chemotherapy, six hours for this dose. it's going to take four months.

As she has further sessions she is going to feel pretty yukki as she put it

Her husband is going to let me know how she is and I will let you know.

At the moment she needs lots and lots of pocket duties as many as you can give her. Everyday if you can. Also good wishes but the pocket duties would mean a lot to her.

Hi to all the members I do know and hello to those I don't

Trisher xx

Comments

• trisher
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val

Now behave yourself Wednesday. I want a full report. What the doctors are like for example Dishy - definitely full report. About you ermm well if you like.

Come on Val you are strong, you can get through this.

I'm in your pocket pal and will stay there until your over this.

Love Trisher xxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Val.

I will most def be there for you. And know that it will be hard for you to always keep us updated. Dont worry about that. Just you make sure that you get through this. You have the strength, you can do it. We will all be with you through thick and thin. You will be in my thoughts, and sending you plenty of hugs to be getting on with. And shall keep topping them up for you.
    Karen xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Trish

Lovely to see you - don't worry there are still plenty of us who remember you on here :D

Hope YOU are doing ok? I have thought about you often

Please do come along with us and jump on the bus Barbara's arranged for Wednesday morning's chemo session

Love

Toni xxx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'm ready in the pocket for whatever and whenever Val needs us. Sending lots of love and strength, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Trisher its lovely to have you with us again...only sorry this has to be done
    But like you say with us lot behind her and her lovely family ..she can do it..will be with you all the way Val....Trish you didnt bring the brolly did you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Trish, thank you for letting us know. Many people remember and miss you, as I do.

Dear Val,

I am so sorry to hear this. There will be bad days but good days too inbetween the sessions. With the support and love of your family and friends you will get through it. I am supporting a member of my extended family and his wife at this time as I have done previously with others people in the past. It will be worth it in the end. You are in my thoughts, dear Val. You will receive lots of support from different sources, accept it with open arms, it is so important. You have a very good friend in Trish for starters.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    You can do it Val. Good luck for Wednesday. My neighbour has gone through chemo twice and come out the other side just fine and you can too.
    Will be thinking about you.

Janet xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well you have done it now, have tears running down my cheeks thankyou all it is lovely to know you all thankyou so much.
    the last few weeks have been very painfull and it going to get worse before tuma starts to shrink but will be worth it in the end. it is cureable in that i am lucky where so many are not at 51 i never gave this a thought pancreatic lymphoma very rare so arn't i the lucky one for all those with pocket duties please take it i am there with you off for good cry now val
    val
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
    Options
    Hello Val
    i'm there for you i know you are a fighter and you will win it with all of us behind you.
    take care
    ((((((((val))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Val, you are so kind and thoughtful to everyone here and the very least we can do is to try to do the same for you.

I'll be there on the bus tomorrow with the others (I reckon we might need a whole fleet of buses/balloons etc to accommodate everyone!) and will be thinking of you very much.

Loads love Tilly xxx
  • valval
    Options
    things i have to do to get trisher to post on here
    val
  • barbara12
    Options
    valval wrote:
    things i have to do to get trisher to post on here
    Just what I was thinking....I do hope she stays with us..you remember Val just keep thinking that chemo will blast the nasty's xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm available for pocket duties when ever needed.
    (((())))
    Numpty
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Trish so good to see you and hope that your doing ok? xxx

Val your so in my thoughts and sending love, strength and fortitude to you. Really hope it will be easier than you fear.

Hey got a whack of more cream and its fresh friomt the dairy.....

Hopes and buckets of you can do it and we are all in your pocket, hay and all. Have also got | marigold and cuddles. (((((((((( )))))))))) and will be there in the pocket everytime you need. Thinking iof you and hope you know how much Cris xxx
  • valval
    Options
    it is quite humbling how many of you have taken the time to post and send good wishes thank you all i do not know how to thank you and express how much you are all helping me through this time Christmas is going to be difficult this year but i a lovely family who are surrounding me with love and help. between them and you all i am truly blessed thank you
    val
    val
  • barbara12
    Options
    Val we will be with you all the way (((((()))) xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Val, I don`t post very often, I`m more of a "lurker". However, when I have looked in, you - along with DD and Stickywicket - have seemed to be one of the stalwarts of the Forum. Always there with a kind, encouraging word.

I just wanted you to know that I have been incredibly moved by your courage dealing with what is a difficult, and scary time for you. I send all my good wishes and vibes, and will be there to cheer you when you come through this, smiling......and you will you know!......Rosie.x.
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi Val,

I just wanted to add my support to the pile. I will be in your pocket any time. I hope the chemo isn't too awful. I went with my mom a few times for hers and held her hand. I hope there is someone there to hold yours too. I will be, virtually anyway!

Big hugs ((()))

Helen
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
    Options
    Hello Val
    i'm here for you i know you are strong you have been through a lot this year i know you will beat this.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thinking about you on here as well....you are the only person I know that has two threads on the go xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi All,

had a text earlier from Trish to say Val was on her way home. Sorry I have taken so long to update you all, been one of those days I am afraid.

Day one is over and she was ok but is bound to be very tired. I know how much pocket duties means and how much it helps so thank you all for caring though where Val is concerned it would be amazing if you didn;t as she is always there to give help and support.

I so hope that she is able to fly the chemo... some do and with luck she will be one of them.

Thank you all and again sorry its taken me so long to up date the posts. Crios xx

Val another (((((((((( ))))))))))) and just know how much care is coming your way. Cris xx Oh and on the other post I said that Wonky is also thinking of you and in your pocket. Your not alone my friend xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    trisher pleased to meet you had already reported for pocket duty, hope val has got through today i'm sure you will let us know soon

val you will get through this as i'm sure all the nasties must have been terrified with the massive positive vibes from your pockets, that they have all ran away, get better soon ((((()))))s...............marie xxxx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    thanks for that cris xx

val a few wee extra (((((())))))s xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    I'm sending you positive thoughts as well and lots of gentle hugs ((((((((()))))))))) and if there's still some room I'll jump in with 'pocket duties'
    as well

Numps xx
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi

Val is fine but exhausted. She will be on here tomorrow I think. The only side affect she has got a sore as she put it sore bum.

Val you have said look what you have to do to get me on here. BUT look what you had to do to wash the kitchen floor and Bathroom.Ha ha.

You will get through this pal I know you will.

I know you are sky high with the steroids and when I was like that I went to everybody's home and decorated the ceilings so can you come and do mine?
    I have my brolly with me incase you need to come down. I will be careful with the spike, honest.

Love Trish xxxxz