Come on Val you can beat it.

Options

Comments

• deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll be there when needed Val....I don't post on here often but rest assured I will be thinking of you and in your pocket when you need. I will have to bring my little doggy Charlie though as he doesn't like being home alone, he can play with Cris's managery so won't be any bother.

Take care. Dee x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Wow Val. You are an inspiration. Xmas shopping and thinking about getting the tree up on top of the chemo. Well done.
    Christine
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Val,

I'm so sorry to be late in wishing you well but I sincerely do.

You are a very special member of this forum as you're always around to support everyone else, well sit back and let us support you now.

Sending love.
    Nature_Flowers_Yellow_contrast_flower__Flowers_008376_-1.jpg

PS Hi Trisher :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    :D

So good to see you chomping on toast Val :D

Hope today has been a good one for you.

No tree up here got to wait for one more birthday first :roll:

Hi Trisher - hope you are doing ok too

love hugs and the proverbial 'bucket of hopes' from you know who

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Christmas trees...gosh that time already...wonder if my lights work this year
    Val we are all here and you can talk to us ..about the good things and the low days we dont mind one bit ....together we will get you there.
    And Trish I do hope you can stay...you have been missed xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Val,
    I hope you've had a good day, and you still have your appetite.
    Well done on the Christmas shopping front.
    Take care of you,
    Numpty

Hi Trisher, it's nice to meet you, I just wish the circumstances were different.
    She's a very brave, very special lady, our Val.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Val,

I've been reading through all the posts on here- I'm sure that you realise from them just how much we all think of you. You are a real inspiration in your positive attitude, and I'm full of admiration for you.

I feel guilty that I have barely given a thought about Christmas preparations and yet you are so organised already. I hope that you've had a good day today and the sickness and pain have eased off.

Trisher, it's so great to have you back with your wonderful spirit and sense of humour. Thank you for keeping us updated on Val's progress.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • barbara12
    Options
    Val I am just leaving some more hugs so you know I am thinking about you, and dont forget we all want to help you through this ((((((())))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi Val - it has all been said already, but you really are an inspiration. Sending good wishes your way and thinking of you every day.

Susie :)
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    valval wrote:
    ok got info about wigs right you can get free if got some exemption if not cost £63.00 bet i can guess which i going to fall into get free presctiptions will have to wait see if i get sick money if not might qualify why it never easy eyes were bad yesterday but cool cloth helped just put some washing on line sun out wow back with feet up take care thankyou all again for taking time to suport me ((())) val

Just caught with this thread Val... good luck and i am sure we will all be doing the countdown until they are finish. They do great wigs.. i used it as an excuse to change my image... went for straight hair brown hair. Looked fab but a right flath is you wear glasses and they are FREE... :lol::lol:
    Do you have a tasting looking doctor or oncol??? Mine is Dutch and quite tasty... makes the visits a little more enjoyable.. Are over with for spring and the warmer and dryer weather. Loads of Hugs XXXXXXX
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thankyou all all i can inspire today is a day on settee cold dark and fed up ok still fighting back but it long slow trip ok will need pockets for 5th dec if any one can make it ((())) to all val
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I'll be with you Val.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • barbara12
    Options
    We will all be there on the 5th, and yes it will be a long battle but one you will win..try and distract yourself with things you really enjoy.... ((((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    With you every step of the way.Mig
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Good Luck Val
    Will be thinking of you.

And a big thank you to Trisha for this post.

Kath xx
  • applerose
    Options
    I'll be there on the 5th. Take care.
    Christine
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I expect you may have wonderd about Val.

I got in touch tonight as I have been worrying about her. She is sleeping around the clock. She has no energy at all. She has wondered how she could sleep that much. ( Val I do hope you have got Pampers for night time, doing all this sleeping) :shock:

If she does not post on here for a while I will let you know how she is getting along.

She does have another session of chemotherapy on the 5th December so Barbara get the bus ready.

I do hope you are all okish, those of you I know also those I have not met yet.

Trish xxx.
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks Trish
    I am glad she has got some sleep..but like you say she will need pampers or tenaladys has Jan use to say.....
    Val you heal when you sleep, so your body is doing the right thing....
    I will valet the bus ready for the 5th...not sure who made the mess :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    Oh Barbara!

I DID try to get rid of the mess - I am so sorry :oops:

Haven't we got bloods on 3rd as well or am I getting confused :? Easily done that.

Rest up Val - listen to your body.

love and hugs

Toni xxx
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi

Val went for her bloods. I think she went by Medi Car but on the way back she would have had to wait too long so went home on Shuttle. She said it was more comfortable than the car. She was shatterd.

She is still very poorly but we managed to have a little chuckle.

I wonder if the steroids have made her feel worse and so tired. She had to take 100mgs of it a day. Then they stopped it. It is to help the cells.

I have told Val that you are all still thinking about her and send your love to her.

Trish xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Val

I have set up a hair service in aid of you. Peole have let me cut some of their hair ( wait till they get home and see it awe ) Well I could not help I can't help if my fingers sit on one another and have lumps on them.

Now I have nearly finished the wig for you. Their is a slight problem, it is all different colours. Well people do have different colours and I'm colour blind. It does look nice lol. It will keep your head warm. Just needs a little touching up.

Hope you feel just a little better pal. I'm still in your pocket until you are over this.

Sending lots ((((((())))

Love Trish xxxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Val will certainly be there on the 5th for you................ Barbara sorry I dropped some of the shortbread I brought for our tea having only the use of one hand at the mo I thought I had managed to pick it all up :oops:

Take care Val ((((())))).............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,952
    Options
    Hello Val
    i will be there for you on the 5 dec ((((((((val))))))))
    i hope they treat you well.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Will be there on 5th for Val,take care.(((( ))))
  • applerose
    Options
    Thanks for the update Trish. As Toni said, it is best Val does sleep to let her body heal. I'll be on the bus on the 5th. Please don't send me in the balloon if there is no room. I'm scared of heights and might fall out. ((hug)) for Val.
    Christine