I'm getting there.

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've had the shower and the hands hurt but it was worth it. Thank you dachshund, I too think I've been a good girl ( :wink: ) and I am determined not to muck things up by being stupid. One of my mums popped in just as I was putting on my nightie and she has bought me the most beautiful bouquet - a total surprise! We had a cuppa (made by Flo) and a good natter which was lovely. I must go and get ready for going out tonight - time for a thermal vest methinks! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Please please wrap up warm hun. I dunno about down there but here in Skeggy it's freezing already. Very clear skies indeed. The crimbo lights here in Ingoldmells have just been switched on, admittedly it's just a big tree n a hall but it's pretty. Plus we can watch it all from mum's bedroom window. . Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Sounds like you're coping really well, as I expected! You are one tough lady and no arguing with that. :D Wrap up warm, glad ya got thermals. It's chilly! x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dd you are such an amazing lady well done you have always been such a strong lady and yet again you have shown how amazing you are well done have great night hope you wrapped up warm ((())) val
    val
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Found it. :D Bet your shower was lovely, despite your hands hurting. Hope you have a brilliant evening and you're not too tired. You can have one of my spoons if it will help.
    Christine
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hello DD and Mr DD
    you are doing well take care have a good week.
    ((((((((DD and Mr DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD are you up to going in the den....no hands needed with the new pipes... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, one tired Daisy here but oh boy what a night! We had an amazing dinner courtesy of her and a wonderful breakfast courtesy of him. Dinner kicked off with pear, walnut and stilton mix on watercress and rocket topped with a rasher of grilled crispy bacon, the main course was roasted venison haunch, roast potatoes, red cabbage, parsnip puree and pearl barley with whisky then we went straight to cheese, coffee and choccies. Wine was white for me, red for them and it was rare for five minutes to pass without someone laughing.

Brekkie was the full English - chipolatas, scrambled egg, bacon, tomatoes, baby mushrooms, hash browns and beans, together with toast if wanted. Daisy is a fat girl. :) I also expanded my Danish vocab from three words to four. :D (Our hostess is Danish.)

The stitches have nearly disappeared from the left hand (one left) but are still present in the right (five). I have been doing the exercises and massage but the latter is troublesome as the scars are very tender. :( My joints are foul thanks to the cold weather but that ain't news to anyone with OA on here, is it? :wink: Florence returns to work tomorrow - he is currently ironing then he will be doing some batch cooking so we're covered for four meals next week. Come Friday he has the office Christmas bash and I am trying to persuade him to stay the night up in Norwich so he can enjoy it - but he hates Christmas dos and doesn't want to go. Hey-ho. I guess we all have to do things we don't want from time to time (such as housework). DD

PS Cor! Barbara, what a good idea, I'll see you there! :wink:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Well, I've just had a humble breakfast of tea and toast :mrgreen: I'm glad you had a good weekend and I'm sure you'll continue to be sensible. It'll be a different week with it's own challenges but you will cope. No doubt you'll be sensible, be annoyed at having to be sensible and rail against it a bit but you will continue to get it all right. If in doubt, do what's best for the hands. Thank God you managed the shower, though! It'd noticed you were a bit high :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    He's gone to work and I'm on me tod. :( I managed to boil a couple of eggs for brekkie by putting two eggs in the pan then using the iron jug to add water a little at a time. I'm now waiting for the water to cool so I can empty the pan the same way. I'm gearing myself up to make a coffee - twisting the cap off the jar is not going to be easy but I think I've found an answer involving my knees and my elbows. :wink: My scars are sore and itchy but still holding together which is a good thing. I'm hoping to change the bedding later on today which will take some time but can be done.

Right, coffee beckons. Wish me luck! DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good luck DD don't get lost in the bedding.Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Good luck DD.
    It's quite daunting when you're first left on your own, but I'm sure you will manage :wink: I'm not so sure about changing the sheets though :shock: but you know best what you're capable of.
    Take care of you,
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Bed done - my neighbour helped, brought me a mahoosive sticky bun and made me a cuppa! :D My scars look weird but they're OK, I've got them uncovered so they can have a little air, that has to be good thing I hope. DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad you managed with the b/fast although I was a wee bit concerned about the bed making, I have now seen your post about your kind neighbour giving you a hand(sorry about the pun) :lol:, yes it is good to let air into wounds, my physio told me two weeks ago to just keep splint on and no dressings, although may be a bit different in your case, hopefully you will take it easy for the rest of the day..........tc..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    You are industrious aren't you DD?! Wish my neighbour would help me and bring me sticky buns. mmmm got a craving now!

It is good to see that you are doing so well. It is amazing how many different ways there are to do things.

Take it steady!
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Well done. It sounds as if you are doing very well. Glad your neighbour helped or you could have got stuck inside the duvet cover.
    Christine
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Options
    Nice to see you back DD!

I have shiny new laptop so am back to pester you all............I changed my sheets too this morning - amazing how the small things mean so much. I did mine all in one go - no rests or (when things are really bad) pacing it over days or weeks - how did things get to be this hard?

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr. :( I am very testy this evening, I've had a curate's egg of a day and I'm grumpy. I know I shouldn't be but I am. The bits of papery dead skin on either side of both wounds have fallen off and the new skin is pink, shiny, tight and tender. I am doing my exercises and the massaging but they are uncomfy. :( I know I'm able to do a little more every day, and that is a good thing, but I can't necessarily do what I want and that is tedious in the extreme. I am going to try the crutch-padding ideas tomorrow to see if that means I will be able to walk outside, just for some fresh air. I'm OK walking round the house but outdoors is a whole different thing (as many of you will be aware). Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hopefully I willl be able to go back to work next week - I was able to complete half the crossword this morning then the other half this afternoon so the writing is gradually coming along. It hurts though - bigger movements are OK but the little fiddly ones? Nah. :roll:

I pitched up at the hospital today for my meth jab (appointment booked last week) to find I wasn't on their computer but my appointment card showed I should. They grudgingly fitted me in. Twerps. As a result something that should have taken about five minutes took thirty five. Ye gods. At least next week I should be able to do my own. Woo-hoo. Overall I'm a DeflatedDaisy. :(
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Well, I'd say you are bored and frustrated. Little wonder really.
    I found E45 cream helped with the sore flaking skin. It's not a pleasant sensation putting it on, but stick with it, it should help.
    I'm not surprised you're peed off with the hospital, how annoying.
    This will pass, (as of course you know), things will get better, then you will feel like your old self, a delightful daisy. :wink:
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning all, DismalDaisy here. We have about 1cm of snow on the ground here and the pavements are ice rinks so, sensibly, I won't be going out. My neighbour is getting me some essential supplies (a paper and cola!) which she is about to deliver. She is a gem, she is also my masseur and hairdresser. :D I've landed on me feet with her! :lol:

I'm still grouchy and getting exasperated with myself for being so. I can't find my inner Tigger but hey-ho, Eyeore can reign supreme for the time being because I can't be bothered to oust him. :roll: I'm sorry. :oops: DD

PS Numpty? I'm using aqueous cream and being good in applying it three times per day. The after-care team told me to use my thumbs to massage but they hurt so I'm using my fingertips. That way I get more hurt per rub! :lol:
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    DD, you don't need to apologise to us. You have a lot to contend with at the moment. I for one, think you are doing marvelously :wink:
    If you feel grumpy, don't worry, you are amongst friends, who understand, and truly care for you. So go on, get it off your chest!
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi DD. Am glad to hear you are making progress. Sorry to hear you have the snow. We've had some snow showers but it hasn't settled although I can see that it has on some of the hills in the distance. It really is perishingly cold. I ventured out yesterday, not very far but am staying indoors today. Have to go out tomorrow as have hair appointment - ready for a Christmas lunch with some friends on Friday (all very local). Am used to it either raining or blowing a gale, or both, when I venture to get my hair done, but not had the prospect of snow before!! Oh well, the things we do for vanity.

Do hope that Mr DD is still carrying on his good work with the nursing duties. Hope you will be feeling better by the time Christmas comes. You really have done so well to cope with what you've been through and I can understand how you feel as am sure I would be the same.

Take care of yourself.

Beryl ((()))
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    No aplogies needed, we all know how frustrating things are for you and the weather doesn't help the frame of mind, just keep in mind what you already have achieved in such a short space of time and every day it's getting better.............thinking of you..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Whether the weather be fine
    or whether the weather be not.
    Whether the weather be cold
    or whether the weather be hot.
    We'll weather the weather
    whatever the weather
    whether we like it or not.

One of my Mum's irritating little ditties :) I hope you're weathering both the weather and the convalescence period :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry for not posting earlier but I have not been on here for a few days.
    It looks like you are doing well and making good progress. Your hubby has been a star, and it seems you have a fab neighbour too!
    You are doing right by not venturing out in the snow. Keep warm and enjoy the pampering.
    Take care x
    NB