smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello DD
    i'm thinking about you i hope everythings going along has best as it can with not too much pain.
    take care.
    ((((((((DD)))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I freely admit I've had a disappointing day. Mr DD offered to take me out into town and, thinking of the crowds etc I decided to see if I could hold a crutch. I can't, neither can I grasp the Clat handles. The upshot was we didn't go into town as too much walking would be inolved so we toddled to a garden centre in Woodbridge which was hell on earth. I felt quite nervous (not like me) so we abandoned the excursion and came home (but I was able to find a couple of Santas for my tree which may go up).

I am now trying to decide what to do about work and I think there's only one answer: forget about going back this year. I still can't hold a pen comfortably, writing hurts, I'm not too good at lifitng things and the joints are generally playing up too much. I am tired and short-tempered and the children could be too as it's getting towards the end of term and they'lll be doing plays etc so maybe won't be able to come. It seems sensible therefore to clear the schedule and concentrate on recovery so I can resume in better health come January. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I think that's a sensible way to think hun.. you need more healing time obviously...
    I am really sorry that you couldn't have the day out that you wanted hun, Ra sends some special purrs, and the same from gorgeous Charlie :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry you didn't have the day out that you wanted DD. I think Tony is right. You need to heal a bit more. Just try and rest and look forward to a relaxing Xmas.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi DD
    Yes....forget about work until next year at least......especially when you are working with children.....I used to be a childminder and if I wasnt in a great mood and they played up a bit it was a dreadful few days.

You relax......sorry today didnt go as planned.
    Your outings might have to be limited to places that Mr DD can drive you to, short walks through, then coffee and back to the car. I know when I'm not great garden centers are the most I can do.....Mr H dropping me off at the door.

Of course you can always have your evening outings......they can carry you back to the car after you've had a few :lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Oi! Hileena! That's cheeky! :lol: I am in a better temper today because, having cancelled work, I feel as though a self-inflicted pressure had been lifted. I will, however, have to demand some subs from 'im indoors (who is not used to subsidising the wife) and that won't be easy. I have two hospital appointments this week, one to get the meth and the other to report to orthotics for my new, higher and harder insoles. Yikes. :shock: I won't be experimenting with those whilst I can't use me sticks, that's for sure. :oops:

It was good to get out of the house for a while but I haven't felt so vulnerable in ages - the sticks etc are a visible sign that summat's up so not having them was akin to losing my 'shield' against the world. I didn't really enjoy it to be honest because it all hurt too much but the fresh air was lovely and put some colour into my face. DD
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Glad to hear your recovery is on track DD. If you do feel the need to go out wrap up well, it's bloomin freezing here and is going to get colder :o . Time to hibernate me thinks :lol:

Dee x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    DD I am sorry you cant use your crutches....I do like Hileena suggestion :D ...you carry on improving ...it wont be long I am sure xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    hileena111 wrote:
    Of course you can always have your evening outings......they can carry you back to the car after you've had a few :lol::lol::lol:

Don't put ideas into her head, Hileena. I bet she's already got four hunky firemen on standby :wink:

DD, you're right to cancel your classes. The fact that you feel relieved as a result is an indication that you were not ready. Better to wait than to start too early and either mess things up or have to take several steps backwards. You'll be in a better place come January and the kids will have fewer distractions.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    dd what a time of it so glad you have canceled classes it makes sence i know you would not want to let any one down but you will all be fresh after christmas and get far more done rest up twist his arm up his back for money or just pinch his card val
    val
  • stickywicket
    valval wrote:
    twist his arm up his back for money or just pinch his card val

:shock: I know large doses of steroids can make people aggressive but surely not our Val :o
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    I'm sorry that your day out wasn't great. I don't use sticks but after my spinal surgeries I always felt really vulnerable out and about. I don't think I had realised just how much people walk at you, expecting you to move, not realising that you can't. I hated it and just stood still shaking! I guess that must be what it is like? It would, of course, be better if folk were more polite and didn't walk at us in the first place!

I am glad you have given yourself permission to stay off work. I went back too soon after my fusion and really regretted it. It's only a couple of weeks and I am sure Mr DD won't mind "subbing" you that much.

If you locate any of these firemen can I borrow them for a night out (or in!!! ;) )?
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh Val, that did make me smile. :) I shall approach him tonight so that he has some time to trek to a cashpoint: he owes me some money but I won't remind him about that. :lol:

Frogmella, of course you can 'borrow' the firemen just as soon as I get them back from Sticky. :wink: DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Be waiting a while to get them back from Sticky,why am I at the back of the queue?
    Shows you weren't ready to go back to work if you are that relieved.
    Love to both Mig
  • stickywicket
    :lol: I'm rather busy right now and may be away for some time. I shall be back later, utterly exhausted but with an ineradicable smile on my face :wink:

(Oh go on then. You can have one.)
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi DD
    Glad you are improving.......I've been told not to put ideas into your head :lol:
    So glad you've stopped work for a while....that is the joys of self employment isnt it :wink:
    I know what you mean about feeling vulnerable. I dont use sticks for short trips.....{eg 5 - 10 mins at most} and if it is busy it is awful...nothing to hide behind. :(
    You keep on improving.....
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    You definitely did the right thing cancelling work for now. Hopefully, you can relax a bit more now.
    Can I join the queue to borrow a fireman please? :D
    Christine
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    good morning my friend i hope today finds you in good form and you are taking it steady. no over doing it or will be down to sort you girl have great day spoil your self while you have time ((())) just incase needed val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning all, I hope your weather is matching mine because it's lovely here, cold, bright and frosty. Florence is working at home today and I've managed to carry a mug of coffee to the first floor without spilling it. :D Joints are foul :( hands too :( and mood not wonderful but the sunshine is cheering. I am sitting on the bed with the window open to help me cool down - oh to feel cold. :roll: My feet are freezing (bliss) but sweat is dripping down the rest of me - I am positive that pain makes one sweaty and stuff is a-twanging away after the coffee exploit. Hey-ho, no matter, this time last week I couldn't have done that so progress is being made. :)

There was a feeble knock at the door a little earlier - three exhausted firemen were sprawled on the doorstep. Deep respect, Stickywicket. :lol: DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Morning DD, weather is same here freezing but sunny, glad you seem to be copeing a wee bit better by the day and also glad to see you have cancelled work till next year wise descision, was going to ask to "borrow" a fireman but since they are absolutely exausted they are no good to man nor beast :cry: thanks Sticky :lol: .............tc..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hi DD, I'm pleased you feel able to do a bit more now. You are very wise putting off your return to work.
    That Stickywicket is a dark horse, isn't she? Who would have thought arthritic joints could be so athletic, and cause so much damage to those firemen? ('though I understand she now has a very strange gait)
    Take care of you,
    Numpty
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    The firemen theme made me chortle! :lol:

Anyway, glad to hear that you are making progress, post op we do have to look at the little achievements along the way.

I too think pain make you hot.

Hope you feel even better tomorrow, looks like another cold one on the way.
  • dreamdaisy
    Bumped up for Justin Barrow. Florence was the nickname granted to my husband who took care of me for a fortnight post-op. DD