I'm getting there.

Options

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad you are still making progress but not surprised you are feeling so fed up with it all. Don't worry about telling us how you feel. We all understand.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Morning DD. I hope it's a good one. Keep hammering away with those Five Finger Exercises. You're getting there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD I am so glad the hands are getting there...and hope it wont be long now before they are fully functional ((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry haven't been on for a couple of days.....you are making progress. Thats great. I know you are "sick" so am I come to that....we've had snow for 3 days or so and if it stops snowing it then freezes over so is treacherous. I havent been out at all {except a couple of short journeys with Peter in his car} Rollators wouldn't be much use in this nor would crutches :lol::lol: not even my scooter :lol: So cabin fever it is for a little while longer.
    Remnember that even if you hadn't had this op you wouldnt get very far in this weather anyway...better than having it during nice weather :wink:
    Take care and keep doing those excercises
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I won't be going anywhere soon - back trouble has set in. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Aww thats all you need pet.

Love
    Hileena
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello DD
    I'm thinking about you what tune are you doing with your fingers. we have'nt got any snow yet.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Och not so good then, get yourself tucked in, heating on full blast, pain dullers, feet up and do zilch apart from your hand exercises, it never rains but............hope you feel better soon.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I cannot get comfy: I've tried feet up, feet down, standing, lying on my back, lying on my unaffected side, absolutely nothing works. 'im indoors is working at home today and I am being pampered within an inch of my life - not. :( I've made my own breakfast and lunch, made us tea and coffee (and been told off for doing it :roll: ) and, having been told at 1.45 that a hot water bottle would be forthcoming, I'm still waiting for it. I guess I am going to have to find a way to do it for myself. I did apply one of those V*lt*r*l heat patches but quite honestly they are not worth the money - they just don't stick. :( DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning all, I hope you are all as well as you can be. I've traced the source of the pain, it's deep in my right hip and radiating gently to the bit of my back above the hip. I am proppped up in bed with my V pillow and a hottie underneath the hurty bit which is helping to ease things. Florence is away for the night so I am planning on having a very, VERY lazy day as there's no-one about to impress. Get dressed? WHY? :lol: We have wet snow falling, it's dark and gloomy so I am somewhat pleased to be holed up and unable to go anywhere. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Morning all, I hope you are all as well as you can be. I've traced the source of the pain, it's deep in my right hip and radiating gently to the bit of my back above the hip. I am proppped up in bed with my V pillow and a hottie underneath the hurty bit which is helping to ease things. Florence is away for the night so I am planning on having a very, VERY lazy day as there's no-one about to impress. Get dressed? WHY? :lol: We have wet snow falling, it's dark and gloomy so I am somewhat pleased to be holed up and unable to go anywhere. DD

good for you pj day helps and you will feel better for it have great day thinking of you hope hip better soon i on 100 ml steroinds at moment so no pain lol val
    val
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning DD
    I'm glad to hear you a bit more cheerful but I know you are still in pain.
    A pj day or a duvet day is just the thing you need
    Enjoy :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Glad to hear you are recovering from your recent op DD.Isn't it typical we get one area sorted and somewhere else decides to create problems.Take care and snuggle up best place in this cold weather.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello DD
    you have the rest you need it. enjoy your evening.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm having a lovely day. I've developed a clumsy method for dong a hottie but so far, so good, no nearly-boiling water spilt over anything or me which is a good thing. My lovely neighbour popped in with some milk and a paper, had a prod at things and said it's not wise to have a massage yet but she rubbed in some volt (I'm going to dig out my red tiger balm for later as she said she'll come back at eight to do that to help me settle).

I've also done my hand exercises thrice, massaged the scar twice and been able to write a little more so that is pleasing. I'm now off to tackle the washing up (which does hurt) but it needs to be done. DD
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    There is nothing like a PJ day! I'm sorry you are in pain though. :( Your neighbour does sound fab, I think I should move.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm pleased you're having a better day. Lucky you to have such a lovely neighbour.
    Try not to over do things.
    Take care, (((())))
    Numpty
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hope your day holed up has made things feel a bit better. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good to see you have sourced the root of the pain and something's helping, it won't harm you one little bit to have a nice day snuggled up in bed in this freezing weather, your neighbour seems a gem and that's good she is popping by later especially when Flo's away, hope you are feeling a weebit better.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi DD,

So sorry about your back/hip trouble, which sounds exactly like mine, oddly enough! Sometimes a PJ Day's the only way, but that's no bad thing. Good news about the neighbouring and exercising, and I hope you'll have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, who would guess that wonderful comfort could be found in such a lazy day? :) I know I am lucky in that there is just the two of us and, because he is away tonight, I can get away with being a complete slob but I happily admit I have plumbed new depths in my laziness. :oops: This cannot - and will not - be a new way of living because life has far much more to offer and it's up to me to make the best of it but, honestly, a slobbish day has much to recommend it if (and circumstances permit) you are able to make it happen. DD

PS My neighbour has been and dealt with me, likewise the pizza people. :wink:
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Hi DD - coming very late to this because I've been away and collected a new puppy who is taking up every inch of my time somehow - even though she's just a tiny ball of fluff in real terms? Anyway I have read through this entire thread and sincerely hope your back stops mucking about and giving you such jip so that you can enjoy the recovery you should be allowed to focus on. The wounds sound as if they are healing excellently - I can almost feel them from your descriptions.

The account of that meal with Danish person really floored me :mrgreen: - I was feeling a bit bad for nibbling too much today but after reading that blow by blow account I was drooling so much that I almost forgot about the puppy and she started peeing right in the middle of my duvet? She's my hubby's bizzare notion of a good 50th birthday present for me a month early. We've already got a five year old dog and two teenage sons living in one smallish house so I can only think he must have been deranged with midlife when he decided to pay a small fortune for this latest addition. Plus I had to travel overnight on a boat to collect her and then 6 hours back. Ugh! :roll: Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad your hands are recovering now but sorry you've had to deal with back pain. It is so difficult to get comfy. Your duvet day yesterday sounds wonderful. Hope it made you feel better. What a lovely neighbour you've got.
    Christine
  • Mumof1
    Mumof1 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm glad that you are doing better DD, and lazy days in you PJ's are the best. xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Morning DD. I hope today's a better one.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright