Where to start!!!!!

Options
kellerman
kellerman Member Posts: 741
edited 27. Jul 2013, 16:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Its been a mad few days. I went with my yougest daughter for a baby scan on Tuesday morning because although baby isn't due for 3 weeks her BP was up so this scan was just to see how haw big baby was as she was told she would have an induction 2 weeks early if it didn't go down.
Came back home,made a cup of tea and about 1.30 John went out for an evening newspaper.
While he was out daughter rang as her waters had gone. She rang her husband and made her way to the hospital.
I waited for John who hadn't come back by 3pm and then I got a phone call from the hospital as he had collasped in the village and an ambulance had been called.
Spent Tuesday teatime through to Wednesday morning between the assesment unit (John) and the delivery room.
Bad news...my dear husband has had a stroke. I feel so guilty as he has been so great when I was having my treatment but when or if he comes home we are going to need some sort of help. 2 OT's have rung me but to be honest I don't know what he will be like at home but one thing is for sure he won't be able to do much if anything and he will certainly need help with washing etc.
Good news.......baby girl 7lb 4 ozs mother and baby fine
Me...I've had 5 hours sleep in 2 days can hardly move. Swollen knees...a relatively new pain for me and I won't mention my back or my swollen feet and ankles.I might see if I can get some stronger pain relief from Gp in the morning although I have to be able to drive so maybe not.
So this is the story so far. My other problems are on hold.
Now feet up and a drink I think after I put my phone on charge as its dying slowly with all the calls I've had.
Take care everyone. May xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh my god May....how on earth can one person have so much thrown at them...I really do feel for you...and I am hoping that your John will be accessed quickly, I do wish him a good recovery, and hope you get all the help you need...you must be so shattered bless...but in all this a lovely GD..wish I lived nearer I would certainly help...I will be thinking of you all...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Sorry May - I haven't been on for ages properly and then I stumbled across this and thought "oh no, oh wow, oh no!!" so I'm just writing now to say congratulations for the one and that I hope the stroke is very mild indeed. My friend's husband had a stroke a few weeks ago and he came to a concert I was singing in on Tuesday night and he seemed perfectly fine but his must have been very mild indeed. Try to get some sleep tonight at least. Focus your thoughts on the new baby if you can as that might help. Mat xx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi May
    I want you to know my thoughts are with you
    My mum had a stroke 2yrs ago it was severe she's home with a full care package and my dad looking after her
    So I know at the minute it's a waiting game and one of the hardest times in your life
    Finding this emotional to write so I'm not much support will reply again tomorrow
    The happy news is the birth of your granddaughter
    My thoughts are with you I stopped praying 2 years ago
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh no. Oh my dear May, no. Barbara said everything I wanted. I am thinking of you both. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Wow, what a mixture of a day. I hope John's stroke doesn't affect him too much. My dad had one a couple of years ago and we would never have known when we visited him a few days later. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. Hope you manage to get some proper rest tonight.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi May
    What a time you've had recently.....with you then your daughter and then John...I'm so sorry....how can one person have so much bad luck so quickly.
    Firstly congratulations on your granddaughter but as far as John is concerned....I'm so sorry. I know I cant tell you anything...you being a nurse...but my mam had a TIA and apart from her confidence taking a knock for quite a while she's fine now and 90 yrs old. I hope Johns wasn't too severe......please try to let us know. I know you have a lot on your plate now.
    I'll pm you soon
    Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Dear May,I echo what Barbara has said,I send hugs for you your hubby and your new granddaughter .Please know that my thoughts are with you and your family.(((((()))))) Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Oh! my goodness May, all I can really say is we are all hear for you,
    keeping fingers crossed John will come through this unscathed, congrats on the baby, you look after yourself...........tc...............Marie ((((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    Options
    May I have been thinking about you all night,,and just want to send these ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    May,
    You, John and your family are in my thoughts
    Maria
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sending more of these (((((()))))) Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My first waking thought was 'Ouch.' The second was 'May and John.' ((((( ))))) DD
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    What's to say, so sorry to hear about your husband, praying that he will improve really quickly. Wonderful news about your grandchild, congratulations. I'm guessing your head/emotions are all over the place, take good care of yourself. Love and hugs, ((((((((((((( )))))))))))))
    Deb xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello May
    i'm so sorry you have such a lot to cope with take care I hope John is not too badly affected by the stroke.
    ((((((((may and john))))))))
    thinking of you both
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Morning May
    I hope you have some good news about John today.....sending (((((()))))) to both of you
    Love
    Hileena
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh May I'm so so sorry!! I can relate too closely to this unfortunately so can kind of imagine how ure feeling. I'd suspect ure still in shock so keeping on the fast paced visits will be saving you from looking at the really tough decisions ahead, I don't blame you (((hugs)))

Many, many congratulations on the arrival of ure Grandaughter, I'm really glad she arrived safely & that ure daughter is well too.

Take ure time with any decisions ure asked to make. You need to be practical for ureself & John, so don't let them rush you!! I hope he has a speedy & a full recovery as possible.

You deserve a medal.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wow May! I'm surprised your still standing! Talk about throwing everything and the kitchen sink at someone!! You deserve a medal! I know you must be worried about your poor husband and how things are gonna be when he comes home but you need to think about yourself as well. I'm sure the O.T's will look at your health and how it will be effected by your OH being at home. Please take care and ((((HUGS)))) to you & your OH. By the way congrats on your grand daughter being born!!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I have been thinking of you both all day. ((((())))) DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    My posts gone AWOL sorry

I will try to remember what I said....

Firstly I am so glad baby is here safely and hope Mum is well?

Secondly I am so sorry about your poor husband, but am sure he will understand you will both need help.

Thirdly please do get better pain relief and look after YOU when you can

Fourthly....I have some hugs and buckets of strength form Cris skezier who I saw yesterday.

Take care now

Love

Toni xxx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    May, words fail me!
    Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter.
    For everything else ((((()))))
    Thinking of you.
    Numpty
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello May,
    I think everything has been said, but I send you my congratulations for your graddaughter. What a rollercoster of feelings. I hope things work out well for all of you.
    Love and best wishes Suecccc
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    (((((((())))))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am thinking of you and J very much. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I hope things are as well as possible for both of you, May. (((((())))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    I am thinking about you and John May ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara