smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello May. Am so sorry for only just finding this thread and just can't believe that you can have so much thrown at you to cope with. Congratulations on the birth of your lovely granddaughter. I hope she and Mum and doing well. I hope that your husband will make a good recovery.

Please look after yourself and rest whenever you can. My thoughts are with you and am sending some very gentle (((()))

Beryl
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi May
    Sorry i have just seen this. Firstly, congratulations on your new grandchild !
    But i am so sorry to hear of your husband`s stroke. You really have had an awful time. I hope that he is starting to recover and that he will continue to do so.
    I hope that you get lots of help and support as you will both need it.
    Thinking of you both ((((((hugs)))))))
    NB
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hello May
    thinking about you both take care
    ((((((((may and john))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I haven't been around for a little while. And am so so sorry to read your thread.

Obviously, congratulations on you're new addition. Hope both are doing well. But sorry that you are having to go through all this with hubby. You must be at you're wits end with worry.

I am sending loads of gentle hugs you're way. Both for your hubby and yourself. Please keep us informed wont you. Yes, you will need help and I do hope there is someone with you that can help you through all this.
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello May, I am thinking of you both. ((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi May,Been thinking of you,hope your hubby and new baby are doing well.(((()))) Mig
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi May
    Sending you love and hugs
    Hope John and your daughter are improving
    Mara
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hello May

Sorry i missed this post , Hope all is well with O/H , Hope you are feeling better today .
    Congrats on the birth of your new granddaughter .

Will be thinking of you .

(((((((((((())))))))))))))))XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

fowls
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    You are both in my thoughts.
    (((())))
    Numpty
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    I really don't know how to thank you all.
    A bit of an update....John is in rehab different hospital in the other direction. Daughter and baby have been taken back in with very high BP and chest pains. She has had a blood transfusion after xrays and a scan.
    Me...well I don't know if I'm coming or going but on the positive side John appears to be on the mend as long as he doesn't have another one.
    I'm trying not to get stressed as I know its not good for me but its flipping difficult.
    I have an appointment at the breast clinic so Lynn came good on that score and a rheumy appointment as I can hardly walk.
    I've had to put my hands in water to wash up which has made them swell and peel. So onwards and upwards things can surely only get better.
    Please everyone take care and I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Love May xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Firstly, it's lovely to hear from you.

Secondly, I hope that J continues to make steady progress, it sounds as though he is in the right place.

Thirdly, your daughter and grandchild are definitely in the right place.

Fourthly, s*d the washing up or get your Marries out, worn over some ordinary gloves, in the hopes that gives your mitts some extra protection.

Fifthly, apologies are not required. You have enough on your plate my lovely, we'll keep in touch at our end and you come in whenever you feel you can. ((((( ))))) xxx DD
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi May
    Thank you for your update
    I hope your appointments go well
    Glad Johns improving its sounding promising and I've got my fingers crossed he doesn't have another one
    As you know my mum had a second stroke less than 12hours after her first stroke I think the longer he shows improvement that's a positive
    I'm sorry your daughter is having such a tough time I hope she improves
    Keep strong May you are doing well
    Maria
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hello May,glad hubby is in rehab ,he must be doing well to be there so soon.
    My hubby had a stroke 10 years ago yesterday ,he was in hospital for three weeks and in rehab for about three months ,we had a lot of help from the stroke association when he came home,now to look at him you wouldn't know what had happened though there are problems that aren't visible.
    I am thinking of you all and sending hugs (((()))) Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    May its lovely to hear from you but please dont worry about posting, just you read what your friends say and hopefully we theywill help you a little..I will have everything crossed for your husband daughter and the new baby...sending you all the positive vibes I have....((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi May,

Just sending more hugs {{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}} and positive thoughts in your direction. Hope that your hubbie continues to improve and your daughter/grand daughter are soon home. Will be holding you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello you! It's so good to hear from you but, to deal with your last point first – don't be daft, woman :roll: You have so much on your plate, and getting back to us is of minimal importance.

I'm very pleased indeed that John seems to be on the up but sorry to hear about your daughter. No wonder you don't know whether you're coming or going. Your emotions must be all over the place. How you're still standing is a mystery to me :o

I have no words of advice. On the contrary, May, I take inspiration from you. ((((()))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Dear May,

I've just read this thread and my head's in a spin for you!!

I don't think 2013's been your so far :shock: :o :shock: But you do have a beautiful new granddaughter and she will bring you much joy.

It's very early days for John yet and he could make a really good recovery in the meantime accept all help offered from whoever it comes from. Try not to do too much and save your energy for your own health battles, as long as you have a clean cup, plate and knickers that's all that matters at the moment. :wink:

Sending strength to you and all your loved ones.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi May
    Pet ...don't worry about not getting back to us......we don't expect it.
    Sounds good news about John
    Praying for him and for your daughter and the little one....and of cours for you.
    We know that stress isn't good for us......makes arthritis worse but what on earth can you do.....You wouldn't be normal if you weren't stressed.
    I wish I was a bit closer to you to help out.
    You know to give me a shout anytime don't you
    Please take care
    Love
    Hileena
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Dear May, firstly many congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter. I hope all is well with mother and baby now.

So much has been said already that I can add nothing new. I hope the news is good regarding your husband and I hope that you find the strength to cope with it all. Thinking of you all.

Susie
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello May. Please don't worry about not posting, you have enough on your plate to deal with at present. Am glad to hear that your husband is improving and do hope you will have good news of your daughter and baby soon.

Don't worry about the washing up, just take care of yourself.

Sending lots of (((()))) Beryl
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm thinking of you all, May. ((((()))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I hope that all is as well as it can possibly be. DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thinking of you May ((((())))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Good to hear from you May but please don't feel you have to post. You've got enough to think about. Glad John is on the mend and hope your daughter will be soon too. Hope your appointments go well. Please take care of yourself. Don't do too much and accept any help offered. (((hugs)))
    Christine