Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello May
    I wish you and your family all the best you are going through such at lot
    thinking of you take care ((((((((may and her family))))))))
    try and rest when you can.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I send more hugs ((((( ))))) and positive thoughts +++++ to you all. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Latest update. John will be in for at least another 3 weeks. Hes very down...think he's missing me or maybe doing the washing up!!!!
    Daughter appears to be on the mend. She had Sep A and was told if she hadn't gone back in when she did she could have had a toxic shock.She was only home for one night.
    Anyway she will be in until at least a week on Friday as the baby is being given anti biotics although she is ok its just to be on the safe side.
    I'm afraid I don't know what rest is at the moment.....this might explain why my painkillers aren't doing anything.
    I'm waiting for OT to call. Its John's eyes that seem to be the problem at the moment...he can hardly see which is due to the bleed on the brain so he may never get it back. This of course means no driving.
    I intend to take any help I can get. I may just need it.
    Take care everyone I'll get back when I can. Many thanks for all your support you lovely lot. Love May xx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    ((((May)))) Ure never far from my thoughts.

I'm really hopeful that John continues to improve & that the measures being taken for ure daughter & grandaughter will make all the difference!!

Much love.xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sending some hugs to you May and hoping John will recover his sight. it's good news that your daughter is on the mend and that the baby is ok.
    Christine
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Lots & lots of love, from Sue xxxxxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hello May
    i'm thinking about you take care
    ((((((((may and family))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Thinking of you, May, and sending lots of very gentle (((())) your way. Take care of yourself and let everyone who offers help you. Beryl
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello May, I am going to be away until Sunday but rest assured you and yours will be in my thoughts. Take the very best care and yes, accept help from wherever and whenever it comes. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Thanks for the update on John May.

Strokes are funny things and the body carries on recovering for a long time after one. I hope that includes his eyes.

Scary news on your daughter, but - what a relief that she was 'caught' in time and very wise to take preventative action re bubba :)

You take care

love hugs and strength

Toni xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope things are going well with you and your family .Take care May.(((()))) Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm still thinking of you all very much, May. I hope things are continuing to improve for everyone. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    I am so grateful for all your support.
    Brought John down off the ward in a wheelchair to see his new grandaughter on Monday. Admittedly he couldn't see her very well but he was pleased to see new mummy.
    Eyesight appears to be slightly better with distance but even then he seems extremely unsteady on his feet.
    Daughter has to keep going back to the hospital with very high Bp which she didn't have when she was pregnant. Baby is fine.
    Me...well today I can hardly move. I'm hoping my middle daughter can visit John today just to give me a break.
    I don't feel like eating at the moment but know I must. Stress I think.
    Too much going on with a downstairs toilet being built on the side of the house which will be a great help.
    Thank goodness its a bit cooler today I think yesterday just knocked me out.
    Please take care everyone...you are so appreciated. May xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello May, it's good to hear from you again. I am pleased that J has been able to meet his new grandaughter and I hope that your daughter's BP is soon sorted out. As for J, well, I guess time is the element here, it must be a matter of striking that delicate balance between exercise and rest.

Now for you. Please rest as much as you can, you're not a very well lady at the moment and it's essential that you get some TLC somehow. I understand the not wanting to eat thing but it is necessary - at least the weather lends itself to salads. I hope that your middle girl will go and see J today because you do need to be thinking about what you require. That's not selfish, it's necessary. DD
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Dear May, just to let you know I'm still thinking about you all and the tough time you're having.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi may
    Thank you for the update
    I'm glad Johns improving and met his baby granddaughter
    I hope your daughter is improving
    Such a worrying and stressful time for you
    I hope your other daughter manages to go see John you really need a bit of relaxing time on your own
    Be kind to yourself
    ((((( )))) just a gentle hug don't want to hurt you
    Maria
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello May. Was so pleased to hear from you. Am glad to hear that John is progressing slowly and that he has been able to meet his granddaughter. Do hope you have been able to have a rest day today. I know how you must feel about eating, but try and eat just a little of whatever you fancy.

Take care of yourself. Am sending lots of very gentle ((())) your way. Beryl. xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi May

great to hear from you.

Well that is good progress for John so quickly :) Makes me feel quite optimistic about his prognosis. I hope your middle daughter will help you out by doing the visit tonight and setting your mind at rest.

Let's hope new Mum's BP settles sooner rather than later.

I reckon stress will affect your appetite, but agree you must eat something even if it isn't much.

Love hugs and strength

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    I May
    Great to hear from you and great to hear that John seems to be improving.
    Hope your middle daughter will do some visiting to give you some rest.
    You yourself know that stress makes arthritis so much worse.....I know I know......what can you do??? Just get as much rest as you can when you can

Love
    hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    That's good news that John is improving. Hope they get your daughter's blood pressure sorted out quickly and that your other daughter can do the visiting tonight. Please try to rest as you need to look after yourself too. Could you just pick at food rather than cooking meals for now? Better then nothing. Take care.
    Christine
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    So pleased to hear that hubby is improving, it's hard to be patient isn't it, but it will take time, and what a tonic for him to meet his new grand daughter. :)

I hope that you have managed some rest time today. As for food- just eat what you fancy and don't worry about how healthy or sensible it is.

Take care, gentle hugs {{{{{{ }}}}}}}.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello May, I hope you were able to rest yesterday and that both J and your daughter are making steady progress. ((((())))) DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm pleased the news is a little better, May, but obviously a long haul for all of you. I'm thinking of you all very much and hoping you can get some rest in. (((((())))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright