Just Saying .....

Options

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi. Debbie. Have been thinking of you and wondering how you are getting on today. Sending a few more ((((())))) your way just to help you along. Take care. Beryl. xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Dear Debbie;

Thinking of you and sending huge supportive hugs your way. Do take care of yourself.

((()))anna
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm really sorry I haven't been around for a few days. I've been exhausted but trying to digest some news .....
    My Dads infection seems to be clearing up slowing!!! :) The Drs are stunned but not as stunned as we are because one of them told us he wouldn't survive!!! :shock: :o There are no guarantees but they've now decided to biopsy his lungs. We were told that wasn't necessary a few nights ago as the cancer was terminal .... We're so confused but bl**dy relieved :)
    I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, I don't want him to suffer from a rubbish quality of life or be in pain.

I've been put on co-amoxiclav again as I have yet another chest infection :? The respiratory consultant has written to my GP & started me on Seretide 50/250 & Spiriva. It says Spiriva is for COPD but he hasn't had my chest ct & said there was nowt to see on the xray ... That's confused me too :? My brain is gona blow up at this rate.

I don't know how to keep thanking you all for ure support, all I can so is put it ... Thank you ((((hugs)))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    No apologies needed, Debbie. No wonder you are confused. Just go with the flow and hope for the best. I'm thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Just to say that I am thinking of you, Debbie. Hope the tablets help you a little. Am not surprised you are feeling slightly confused and hope you will have better news of your Dad. Take care of yourself. Beryl (((()))) x
  • Agape
    Agape Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Debbie T, so sorry to read your news, but thankful that your dad's infection seems to be clearing up. Take care of yourself also.

Lifting you and your family up in prayer.

God bless,

xx
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hey Debbie, hope you're having a decent day, just popped in to send you hugs xxx
    Toots x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
    Options
    Hello Debbie
    you are doing so well I know life can be hard at times but you will get through it you are a strong lady.
    (((((((((( Debbie and her family))))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Hi again & thank you all ((((( )))))

I'm utterly exhausted n feel so selfish for saying it. I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep this up coz I'm ignoring all advice for FM, no pacing here!! :? Hey, wot else can we do at times like this eh?

Dad is still fighting on so far. I had a horrid few visits where he wasn't 'with it' which was so upsetting but I know we're so lucky he's still with us so I don't wana seem ungrateful. Hospital is a demoralizing place so it makes it hard to keep fighting ... All he wants is to get home, bless him, but I think he'll stop fighting soon if they don't give him his dignity!!!

Sorry, I'm getting annoyed :? I'll say ttfn & thank you all again for ure kind thoughts.xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Hi Debbie. I am not all surprised that you are feeling exhausted. I do hope everything will calm down a little for you soon. Do take care of yourself and rest as much as you can. Sending a few (((()))) in case they can help you. Beryl. xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I remember my having to hold my dad down in his hospital bed because he badly wanted to come home - he was so weak he couldn't struggle that much but he gave it his best shot, it wasn't until I explained that I couldn't fit all his 'gubbins' (O2 tanks etc) into the car that he acquiesced because that made sense to him.

I've been there and done that Debbie, it's not an easy time, far from it. You know you're tired now - be warned that it could get worse and you should start now to think a little more about preserving yourself for the times ahead. I was nowhere near as bad with my arthritis at the time that dad died but even so I struggled on the stamina-front (I was four months' post-op after my first synovectomy). It won't be a selfish step - it's a very necessary one. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Thank you & hugs are always gratefully received :)

DD I appreciate ure candour. I've cut my visits to once a day & I'm not staying over night either but the insomnia is impossible, I can't control or lessen it :?

We're a large family but only 3 of us live close & drive. My Mum, one sister (we don't talk) & myself. I have a 7 seated car so I'm taking my nieces up too as their Mum drives a convertible :roll: Mum can't drive if we're called in at night coz she gets too panicked, it's safer if one of us gets her.

I'll just have to try & find other ways to pace myself, I've had long enough to learn the techniques & cheats.

Thanks again!!xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Surely it's time for other family members to start helping out - you may live the closest but they have a duty to help. I was an only - I had to drive my mum backwards and forwards to the hospital which wasn't fun just a few months after a very big knee op but it had to be done. I wonder if the insomnia is being exacerbated by that horrendous mix of stress and adrenaline? I do empathise, this is a very tough time for you for sure. DD
  • DebbieT
    Options
    We're in Wiltshire & my oldest sister is in Kent, my brother tries his best but isn't stable, he has some very long term mental health issues. I'm the only one that doesn't work.
    (My family don't understand my limitations. Tho psoriasis is from my Nan, Mum etc I'm the 1st with PsA. It's inconsequential, they don't understand at all)

I expect my insomnia is affected more by stress etc ure quite right. I've tried napping but can't manage it. My kids & hubby have been great tho. Food has been arriving in front of me daily, bless them :) Oh, I've lost 6lb which I really needed .. That's good, a silver lining :)

xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • DebbieT
    Options
    It's been a bad day, I've welled up a few times. The Drs have just been (they do 2 rounds on this ward) around, his biopsy results were back, it is cancer as expected & it has spread to his lymph nodes so they can't operate, it's just a matter of time now :( Mum is coming soon & doesn't know yet, I'm sure she suspects tho.

xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm thinking of you very much, Debbie. This is so tough for all of you. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I, too, am thinking of you very much Debbie. Be kind to yourself.

Susie
  • Toots
    Options
    Hugs just not enough, but sending them to you regardless. Thinking of you x
    Toots x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh dammit. I am so, so sorry. It's even more important now that you start looking after yourself because you will need all the strength you can muster. I am thinking of you. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Debbie I am so sorry, I know its not easy but please try and look after yourself in all this...strange I remember people saying this to me because I was pregnant at the time...that is how long ago it with my mum and dad..38 years... :shock: I totally ignored them... we don't mind you unburdening yourself ..we are always here...and I hope your dad is comfortable...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Am so sorry to hear your news Debbie. My thoughts are with you. I hope your Dad is as comfortable as possible. Take care of yourself. Beryl. xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hope everything is as well as it can be.
    Extra ((((()))))) for you, Debbie. How are you feeling?

xxAnna
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Wow, I don't know how I've missed all of ure lovely, kind comments ... Thank you all ((( )))

Dad seems altered ... confused on some days then others he's more like his old self but diminished ... He's lost so much weight, he seems hollow everywhere :( It's good wen he's grumpy tho :) That's definitely him :lol:

How am I? I don't really know Anna. I think I feel like a pressure cooker that the lid may blow off of at any minute :shock: :? I'm finding fault with everything & everyone ... I may end up losing a husband in all of this if I keep abusing his good nature :(

Steve's off to Casablanca, in a 5* Hotel, full board on Friday, for a poker tournament, he won the trip & is taking one of our daughters as his carer :) I couldn't cope with the travel & as it turns out it's a good job I never planned to go!! I think Steve & I need the time apart anyway. He's driving me nuts tho I'll miss him cooking ;):lol:

That's enough of my waffle ;)

Oh I don't need a new hip :D It's more bone worn away from swelling in my hip instead.Ha ha

I haven't smoked tho I've REALLY wanted to a few times .. 11 weeks on Thursday.

Thank you all again.xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    You've done amazingly well not to give in to smoking in view of all the pressure, Debbie. Yes, I agree, the holiday will probably be good for Steve as we do tend to take things out on the nearest target when stuff's really bad. (Well, I do :oops: ) I don't know how you're managing. I can only send a few more (((()))). Try to be easy on yourself.
    Steven Wright
  • Toots
    Options
    Good to hear from you Debbie, be kind to yourself. Hugs xxx
    Toots x