Just Saying .....

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations on the not lighting up - given the stress you are under that is no mean feat and I hope you feel strengthened by the fact that you have not lit a cigarette.

Secondly, (and here comes candour ) this has to be a stressful time for your marriage but hopefully your marriage history will be enough to get you through this crisis to the calmer waters on the other side. I think I am right in saying that your man has his health troubles - he may be feeling upset in that he cannot be as supportive as he might want to be due to his limitations. That is tough for him and you.

Thirdly, it is very hard to lose a parent. I've been there and done that and there's no Ladybird Guide to Grief. It hurts but death, and its aftermath, is a natural process.

I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi Debbie, just been catching up with your posts after my holiday. So so sad to hear about dad - there is really nothing anyone can do to make it better is there. I remember sitting with dad and just wanting his struggles to be done, not wishing his life away but not wanting him to endure any more, and somehow it felt disloyal, but I had all sorts of lovely conversations with him about him being ready to say goodbye, so hard when you have them but so comforting in the fullness of time.

I really hope that dad has dignity and peace as things progress. Do try to make some time for yourself if possible, and let folks help where they can- often the practical things make them feel better and take the strain off us just a little.

Well done on the non-smoking front- you are facing the toughest times with dignity and courage.

Every blessing

Deb x
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Such beautiful, kind & personal words ... Thank you all (((( hugs ))))

My Dad was returned home via ambulance yesterday :) This is exactly wot he wanted for his final days!!

His army & civvy street friends are arriving over the week end to say their good byes. He's in really good spirits, being home is just wot he needed. He's seeing all of the Great Grandchildren today, well he saw Mason, my Grandson, yesterday.

I'm pleased the hospital visits are at an end, selfishly :?
    Hubby & I are fine. We've been together since we were 15 & 17 so 28 years. We've gone thru an awful lot in that time but it just makes us stronger in the long run!! We argue rarely but I shout a lot :lol::lol: I don't know why but we work :D

I truly can't thank you all enough!!xxxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm glad your Dad can spend his last days as he wishes, Debbie. Don't dare feel it's selfish to be glad you're free of 'the hospital run'. You must be exhausted. As for you and your husband, you will have already overcome so many difficulties together that you will be a very strong couple. That's good. Thanks for the update.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to update us Debbie, so glad your Dad is home and happy to be there.

Hugs never enough, but sending them to you in abundance xxx
    Toots x
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Thank you all.

He's gone.

xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I am sorry Debbie.

((((((Debbie)))))))
    xxAnna
  • lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Debbie

im so very sorry for your loss, been through this with my mum and I know what your going through. My thoughts are with you

Take care of yourself
    Lily x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    So sorry, Debbie. Comfort yourself in knowing that you made his last days happy and contented. It will mean a lot in the weeks to come.

Look after yourself. ((()))

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I send my condolences. The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain. DD
  • lulubell69
    lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    So sorry Debbie, my thoughts are with you.
    Les
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Debbie. The fact that it was expected and in a place of his choosing will, eventually, be of some consolation but I guess, right now, it's all too raw.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Dear Debbie I send my deepest condolences...no other words just these (((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Toots
    Options
    So heart sorry to hear this Debbie. Thinking of you and your family x
    Toots x
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news Debbie. Sending lots of ((((())))) to help just a little. Take care of yourself. Beryl. xx
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    I'm so sorry, (((Debbie)))

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am thinking of you. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Still thinking of you Debbie...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    Options
    Thank you all so very much!!!

The funeral is next Friday, 4th Oct.

I really wish I could just cry so I could start to let all of the tension & emotion, that's built over the past month, finally go!! I can't seem to tho. I welled up wen I found him but then the practical head took over again!!

I'm heartbroken but I'm also SO glad he didn't suffer.

Thank you all again.

((((hugs)))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Toots
    Options
    The fact that your Dad didn't suffer too long and was at home will be a peace of mind, I know. Don't be too hard on yourself, you'll grieve when you're ready and in your own way, you're just getting yourself through this right now. Huge hugs Debbie x
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I can only echo what Toots has said. I don't do tears. It doesn't mean to say you don't feel things. I hope the funeral goes as well as possible.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    So sorry to hear your sad news Debbie, but what a blessing for your dad that he is now free of suffering. How proud he must have been of you, a strong lady who has been courageous, faithful, caring and dignified as you journeyed with him.

You know part of dad will live on in the person that you are, he sowed in you the seeds of the adult you became, and no doubt you will pass on all those positive traits and values to the next generation.

What a blessing that he was able to come home and end the journey surrounded with love, you clearly gave him so much without asking for anything in return.

Now is the time to be gentle with yourself, and as the hours and days pass you will grieve in your own way. Often the funeral is cathartic and a chance to express our sorrows and say our goodbyes.

I will be holding you in my prayers.

Deb x
  • Toots
    Options
    Hi Deb, just stopped by to send more hugs, thinking of you xxx
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Me too (but thanks for the reminder, Toots :) )
    Steven Wright
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    I am also thinking about you. Take care of yourself. Beryl. ((((())))) xx