barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sue I do hope today goes well...will be thinking about you ..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope it's a positive appointment, I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Deb x
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Sue, so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you and I hope you receive better news after the scan.

Catie x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think we should add a modern-day 11th commandment: thou shalt not google but if thou must then stick to responsible sites.

Good luck - please let us know how you get on as and when you can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Good luck this afternoon, I hope all goes well.
    Try to stay as positive as you can, what ever the outcome.
    Thinking of you, and wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello Sue
    I hope everything goes well. take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope it goes well for you Sue............thinking about you ..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • sallyann14
    sallyann14 Member Posts: 25
    Sue, I hope all goes well today, chin up and positive thoughts, and i am sending positive vibes your way as well as plenty of gentle hugs (((((()))))) xxx Sally.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thinking of you, Sue.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kevsue
    kevsue Member Posts: 45
    Latest news, it's definitely a tumour, it's eating away the thigh bone and they think they will operate to pin it so my leg doesn't break. No more answers really other than they suspect it's secondary as only teenagers or 80 year olds get primary tumours in their leg,but nothing is certain! They seemed very positive about treatment, took enough blood to fill an arm and also booked a bone scan. Sadly I have just cancelled our holiday, I would rather wait until I am better. I think I will be remembering my 50th birthday for all the wrong reasons!!!
    Thanks for all your messages, it means a lot
    Sue xx
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So sorry to hear that it's a tumour, Sue, but pleased that they're positive about treatment. Take good care of yourself and keep us posted. ((())) xx

Meg
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Really sorry to hear your news Sue. At least they are positive about treatment, and you are beginning to understand what you're fighting now. I hope the initial surgery comes through soon, and I guess postponing that holiday was a good move and will give you something to aim for in the future.

Keep talking to us if you feel up to it- if only to vent your frustrations and fears.

Deb xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Sue ,I am so sorry its not the news wanted ,but its treateble and you now know what your dealing with ,Your in the best hands possible and they are still not totally sure about the status of the tumour ,So hopeing for better with the further tests and we are all here for you.((((()))))love Marrianne
  • mellivenelli
    mellivenelli Member Posts: 38
    so sorry to hear this sue.

Stay positive were all thinking of you ((()))

M
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Oh Sue so sorry about the news but it does sound a little positive.
    When is your birthday ? We'll have a forum knees up ,well as far as some of them will go . (((((()))))) Mig
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh Sue, I'm sorry to hear your news. We're all here for you. xx
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    I'm sorry too, (((Sue)))

It is good they're positive about treatment, as the others have noted :>)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Am so sorry that your news was not what you wanted to hear, Sue. Do hope that they will soon be able to sort you out and you will be on the mend and able to have your holiday. We are all here for you for pocket duties as and when required and are sending lots of positive vibes on their way to you. Shall also be saying a little prayer for you to help you along.

Take care, Sue.

Beryl

((((()))))
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    So sorry for your news, Sue. Best wishes for your treatment(s). ((((())))
    XXAnna
  • kevsue
    I can feel all your positive vibes! My birthday is 19th March, hopefully at least I won't be in hospital or in the middle of treatment so I can celebrate!
    Thank you all so much
    X
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    So sorry to hear this ((((()))))
    I think it's important to remain as positive as you possibly can.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Oh boy Sue, I have just got in from work (late shift) and read your post. I know its not what you wanted to hear, but now you know what you're dealing with at least.

I think Jenny (thistle girl) has given you some excellent advice, lean on your family, let them take the strain and they will carry you through this.

Best wishes Petals x
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Sorry to hear the diagnosis Sue but it does sound that the Docs seem really positive and have a clear plan in their heads. In my experience they wouldn't be positive unless they were really confident that things were looking good. I presume that they have checked you from top to toe and this is the only tumor?
    Let us know when you are getting your surgery - will you beep going through metal detectors now? :wink:

Jenny
  • kevsue
    Hi all, I could feel you all with me during my CT scan and great news, there was no sign of any other tumours so it may just be localised to my thigh bone. So relieved, they were really expecting to find a primary source. Got a full bone scan on Thursday then hopefully start treatment, radiotherapy by the sound of it plus the bone has to be pinned. I will sleep well tonight. Thank you for all your positive energy
    Sue xx