a problem worse than arthritis??

Options

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So pleased to hear the positive news Sue :D . Now you know what you're fighting you can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Sending lots of positive vibes. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Deb xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Am so pleased your news is better than expected, Sue. Will be in your pocket with you on Thursday. Let us know how you get on. Am sure you will sleep better tonight. Take care.

Beryl

((((()))))
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Phew that's fantastic news Sue, thank you for letting us know.

We will still be here rooting for you for as long as needs be. Well done, you have been very brave.

You share a birthday with my middle son by the way, so I will raise a drink to you on the 19th to wish you health and happiness.

Petals x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm very pleased for you, that is good news. I hope you do sleep well tonight.
    Thinking of you, take care,
    Numpty
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    So pleased that your news is good, Sue. Take care.

Meg x
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    That is good news, Sue. Wishing you all the very best with your treatment.

Catie x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Not ideal, Sue, but probably as good as it gets right now. I do hope the treatment goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    So glad they didn't find any more Sue, lets hope the treatment goes well for you your docs seem very positive (((())))................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    A small light at in midst of darkness for you, I hope. Still thinking of you. xx
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    What a relief, Sue :)

Good luck for your bone scan tomorrow. I'll be in your pocket for that and all other treatment :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • kevsue
    kevsue Member Posts: 45
    Options
    So the bone scan is done - very odd experience. I looked across and could clearly see Terry Tumour (as we have name it) glowing on the screen. Hopefully nothing else was glowing. It did look big though :( still hopefully they will decide on treatment soon. If it's chemo I have decided to experiment with a very short hairstyle before losing it all - quite excited about that! I will keep you updated, thanks for all your wishes
    Sue xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    well done Sue ,Its the best of news you could have expected ,Yes all clear much better ,but NO PRIMARY TUMOUR :):) ..long day for you you must be shattered but with your lovely o/h family you will be feeling a lot better . I love short hair so much more trendy ,now eat well spoil yourself loads we are all here for you love Marrianne ((((())))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Well done, Sue! I see you're being pro-active re the hair cut. That kind of attitude will help enormously. Good for you!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad that's done- have fun experimenting with the new hair do, hope you get a new care plan really quickly. {{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}

Deb xx
  • Megrose489
    Options
    Hope you're relaxing now, Sue and trust they get your treatment sorted out asap. A new hair do sounds a great idea and so stylish! ((()))

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Sorry Im late...and sorry to hear your news, but well done you phase one out the way...and they haven't found a primary one..so that is good news..we are all behind you...you keep that holiday on hold you will get there...sending some positives hugs..(((((()))))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    (((((()))))) Mig
  • kevsue
    Options
    Thanks all xxxx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Sort I'm late to seeing your thread Sue.
    You've not been having an easy time but you've got great family support around you by the sounds of it, that's a massive help to start with!!

I wish you nothing but strength & any spare spoons I have to help you out & always lots of hugs.

((((Hugs))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Am glad to know all went as well as possible, Sue. The new hairstyle sounds like a great idea. Hope your treatment can start as soon as possible. Take care. Beryl. (((())))
  • kevsue
    Options
    [/i
    Today's update!I have been booked for a mammogram on Tuesday, they seem convinced there is a primary source lurking, although the consultant said it was to rule it out rather than expecting to find anything. Apparently primary bone cancer in someone my age is very very rare - trust me to be unique!! They don't want to pin the bone yet as if it is a primary it could spread it. If it is primary they would remove the bone and a TKR too - so that's good as no more arthritis!!!on the down side I would have to travel quite a distance for treatment.........hoping they will decide soon!
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Sue, this must be incredibly stressful for you but at least they are being thorough. It's better to rule out everything before they start treatment. Once again I will be thinking of you on Tuesday, hopefully they will find nothing else and you will get a brand new knee.

Good luck Petals x
  • Megrose489
    Options
    I'll be in your pocket on Tuesday, Sue. Hope it all goes well. It is good that they're being so thorough in their investigation. Look after yourself.

Meg x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too think it's good they are being thorough (although it must be wearying for you). We'll be with you every step of the way, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Will be in your pocket on Tuesday, Sue, and hoping it will go as well as possible for you. Take care of yourself. Beryl. (((())))