a problem worse than arthritis??

Options

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Just dropped by to send some positive thoughts for tomorrow. Safe journeying today, will be climbing into your pocket tomorrow.

Deb x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Sue
    I will be there for you on Wednesday you will remember this birthday
    it's different.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Oh Sue, well at least that is a different way to spend your birthday! Hope you have some good news to celebrate. Will be in your pocket, even if it is a bit of a squash and will be thinking of you. Beryl. (((())))
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Have a very happy birthday, Sue. I remember I had an endoscopy on my birthday, which turned out to be a present because the result was positive!

Hoping that will be the case for you too.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sue I hope all has gone well for you ...celebrate your birthday again when its all over with...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    oh dear I do hope they are wrong
    colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • kevsue
    kevsue Member Posts: 45
    Options
    So I'm back home after the birthday bone biopsy!! Had a few issues as my body didn't cope with the shock of being cut about very well. I have type 1 diabetes too which caused a problem as did my intolerance of opiates!!! I had not realised what a major operation it was to remove part of the bone to test and 5 days later I am pleased to say my knee will now bend....well a little!I should get the results by next Monday (this all started on 31st Jan!!!) And hopefully they will be able to start treating me
    in the meantime thanks for all the pocket duties, at least the arthritis has got me used to pain (but not pain killers!!!)
    Sue xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hello Sue
    You are one brave lady..and just facing up to things and getting on with it..not to say you don't have quiet weepy times..but one thing out the way for you..its all the waiting that the hardest...now get some me time..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello Sue
    I hope everything runs smoothly for you now.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Hello Sue. Had been wondering how you were getting on. Not really an 'ideal' way to spend your birthday, but am pleased to know your recovery is progressing. Do hope all will be well with the results and they can then start your treatment. Sending a few (((()))) in case they are needed.

Take care. Beryl
  • dibdab
    Options
    Hi there,
    I had been wondering how you were getting on, glad that you are a step closer to a treatment plan. I really hope that things move forward more smoothly now. Take care.

Deb xx
  • 19smp59
    19smp59 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Just been reading this thread. Sue, what an inspiration you are, I really hope everything works out for the best for you.

Suzanne x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Ohh Sue, you've really been through the mill and it's been a long wait. Fingers crossed for results soon and for the best possible results. Glad your knee is bending a little; come on knee, heal heal heal! We're all on your side, Sue. Hope you can feel the love. xx
  • kevsue
    Options
    Latest news ....... I have severe acute supperative osteomylitis. Apparently not uncommon in people with osteoarthritis and also diabetes. SO ITS NOT CANCER!!! After 2 months of thinking (and being told) I had bone cancer or lymphoma I can't quite believe it. Just waiting for the consultant to phone me 're what happens next but it looks like clean up surgery to remove the damaged bone and possibly a bone graft. Still months of recovery but I will recover. I really thought I wouldn't live to see my grandchildren (not that I want any just yet!!) And I will have hair for my daughter's wedding in June, and maybe I will be able to stand for the wedding photos.....thank you all for helping me.through this, I know I still have a battle ahead but it's a battle I know I will win!!!
    Sue xx
  • dibdab
    Options
    Wow......just wow!!!! That is just the very best of news and I have an enormous smile as I read and respond :D:D:D . I am so very pleased for you, what an enormous relief after so much anxiety.

The journey back to health will be arduous I guess, but you will get there, and you have so much to look forward to and aim for. You have shown such fortitude so far, and such a determination to move forward, and I'm sure your family will support and keep you going each step of the journey. And I hope that you'll continue to allow us to offer the small measure of encouragement and support that we can.

Thank you for sharing.... sending massive hugs ((((((((((( )))))))))).

Deb xx
  • kentishlady
    Options
    That's great news, Sue, I am so pleased for you that it is not cancer. You must be so relieved. You may have a long and difficult road to ahead, but you will get there. Think about the re-planning of your holiday and your daughter's wedding. We'll be here too if you need us for any pocket duties. Take care. Beryl. (((()))
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    It's wonderful news that you haven't got cancer after all, Sue. So, so pleased for you. Still a road to travel, but you'll get there!

Meg xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Fabulous news Sue, that has certainly put a great big smile on my face. You still have a journey to go yet but we will be behind you all the way, i am off now to make a cup of tea to celebrate (((())))..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    Options
    Sue I am so very pleased for you... :D:D it still goes to show what a strong person you are ..brilliant news...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello Sue
    i'm so pleased for you. I bet you are going around with a smile on your face.
    take care joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Just read ur posted, glad its not cancer. I have not been on for a while but after reading this great news
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Congratulations Sue, sorry it spoiled your birthday but I'm sure you and the family will have a fantastic wedding in June. Hope you enjoy the summer x
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Wonderful news! What a lot you have been through.
  • kevsue
    Options
    Hi all, well it's been 2 months since I updated you and thought you might like to know I am still here!! I spent 10 days in RNOH at Stanmore in April having a derbridement operation to remove the infected bone - it left me with only 60% of my femur. I have since been on 6 weeks on dual antibiotic therapy administered by the community nurse team, and am now on 6 week oral antibiotics. The signs are good, the infection appears to have gone from my bloodstream and the bone is starting to grow but I am getting very bored as can only go out in a wheelchair and the antibiotics have horrid side effects (though I should be grateful it wasn't chemo and I still have my hair!!)I may need an operation to pin the bone but they won't do anything until the infection has definitely gone. What a year!! Hope you are all having a relatively pain free year xx
  • dibdab
    Options
    How lovely to hear from you again Sue, and with such positive news. :D:D:D It's fantastic to know that the bone infection has cleared. I can imagine how bored you feel, but with the summer ahead and chance to feel the sun on your face maybe you can get out and about and "take time to smell the roses", the ordinary things in life often feel much sweeter and more precious when you've faced the toughest of times and are coming out the other side.

Keep your chin up and keep talking, we're always here to while away the time when you need to off load!

Deb xx