Our poor Hileena has broken her new hip

barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
edited 6. Mar 2014, 15:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have had a text this morning from Hileena, saying she is in hospital and has broke a bone in her new hip...this is such awful news and all she needed...I feel distraught for her so goodness knows how she is feeling..
She couldn't give me any details, so has asked me to phone her hubby..
I will update you later,am hoping she doesn't need another op... :(
Love
Barbara

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, Hileena, what dreadful news. Thanks for letting us know, Barbara. Look after yourself, Hileena. ((()))
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Hi Barbara,

I'm so sorry to hear about Hileena. I hope she is ok and I am keeping fingers crossed that everything will be ok.

Send her my best and please keep us updated on how she is doing.

Sarah x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Oh poor Hileena, I hope it doesn't mean any more surgery she has already been through so much. Thanks for letting us know Barbara and hope her OH will let you know more at sometime today. Sending Hileena lots of (()).
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    This is bad news indeed!
    I'm so sorry Hileena, I really hope things are sorted for you very soon, and with as little pain and discomfort as possible.
    ((((()))))
    Numpty

Thanks Barbara, for letting us know.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh no, what a thing to happen. Thank you for letting us know, Barbara, I hope the damage is not too serious. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    So sorry to hear that, sending Hileena hugs {{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}.

Thanks for letting us know.

Deb x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Oh Dear poor Hileena!!!!!! What an awful thing to have happened. Thanks for letting us know Barbara.
    Sending lots of gentle hugs and vibes. Ritwren.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Thank you Barbara
    i'm so sorry this has happened.((((((((Hileena))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Am so sorry to hear this, Barbara. Do hope they will be able to sort Hileena out soon. Am sending lots of (((((()))))) to try and help her along. Beryl
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    Oh dear :( it never rains etc, hope to hear that an op can be avoided - sending best wishes for recovery, hileena. toady x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Crikey! How does one break a THR? :shock: I hope it's merely dislocated, which is bad enough, but, if poor Hileena has actually broken a section of bone surrounding the prosthesis, my guess is another op will be required. I do hope not.

Thanks for the info, Barbara, and my love to Hileena if you're in touch.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Aww poor Hileena, when she was getting on so well, that is all she is needing lets hope another op is not on the cards. Thanks for letting us know Barbara, sending her some ((((())))) and lots of love...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Oh Hileena, you poor thing! My heart goes out to you. Sending much love and healing vibes. (((()))) xx

Thanks for keeping us informed, Barbara.
  • beckie89
    beckie89 Member Posts: 46
    Poor Hileena,

Sending healing hugs your way (((())))

Hope you get better soon!

Bex x
    <3 *Beckie* <3
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Thank you Barbara. I bet you were in shock receiving a text from Hileena with such bad news.

Please send her my love and say how sorry I am to hear this. Poor girl.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    Sorry I am late with this,but I rang Hileena's hubby and the story is ...she was doing her exercises has they tell you to, and lifting the op leg to the side...when there was a very loud crack... :shock: she was in a lots of pain as I am sure you can imagine.
    Her hubby sent for an ambulance, when she got to the hospital they xrayed the hip and she a broken a piece of the bone on the top of the femur
    Hileena hubby has just kindly rand me back but I missed the call, he has left a message to say she is in some pain, they have tried her on crutches :shock: and tomorrow they will try the stairs to see how she gets on..its scary stuff, I don't have a clue how they will deal with a break like this obviously they want her up on her feet.
    I will give her every ones loves love, xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Ooooh, poor Hileena. That sounds ever so painful. Hope they can sort it out quickly.
    Christine
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hello Barbara,

I'm so sorry to read this news. As Elna says, it must have come as a shock for you, so I hope you're okay. Please pass on lots of love to Hileena.

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Barbara, I'm sorry to hear about Hileena, please pass on my good wishes. My mother broke her shoulder replacement joint doing the exercises she had been (wrongly) given by the physio. She was in a lot of pain as well.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hugs (((()))) Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Crikey, that sounds bad. :( Does Hileena have osteoporosis too? I should remember but I don't. :oops: Please pass on my best wishes, Barbara, I am thinking of her very much. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Oh gosh, poor Hileena, we all feel for her. Maybe it is osteoporosis that is the cause but none of us know do we. Please pass on our love and wishes Barbara.
    Cherry x
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    Oh no, so sorry to hear this Hileena, it sounds so painful and such a knockback. I hope they get you sorted soon.

Let us know when you hear anything further Barbara

x
  • barbara12
    Aww Thanks so much for all your post, I am sure when Hileena gets home it will lift her spirits..I don't have any thing else to report and don't want to mather her hubby, so I will update you when I hear something xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Thank you Barbara
    Hello Hileena
    I wish you a speedy recovery I hope your pain eases soon
    take care (((((((( Hileena ))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx