Our poor Hileena has broken her new hip

Options
124»

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad it working a bit. Hope you get some really good healing sleep. (())
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hileena, so glad you took the oromorph, there is only so far most meds can take the pain away then you need to use the big guns!! (Oromorph!) When I need it I only take 5mls. If that doesn't help I will take 10mls and that is only at a push if the pain is too much and then drop back down to 5mls when it eases. Anymore than that will cause very bad cold turkey when you stop taking it!! But you are doing the right thing and I'm glad it's helping. Take care.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I apologise for being AWOL over the past couple of days, I've been busy with other stuff.

Oromorph has a part to play and it helped, yes? I think one of the problems we face is that we are used to constant, background pain and so fail to react appropriately when it becomes more prominent. 'It'll ease off.' is a common thought in my head . . . . . . :roll:

I am pleased you were able to go out, I had lunch out yesterday and we're doing the same today because it's his birthday! Our birthdays are like buses - we wait all year then two come along together! Take care and I hope this wound begins to sort itself out - have you thought about applying some Manuka honey? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hello again Hileena. It sounds as if you're getting on top of your latest hip problem in your usual upbeat manner. Good for you. I hope the trend continues upwards.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I'm posting but cant see my posts???????? can anyone else????
    I've posted twice this morning on this thread thinking the first one had gone into cyber space :roll:

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Here we go again.....this is the 3rd time I've tried to post this this morning. Cant think that there is anything in it that the mods would take objection to :?: But they have disappeared :roll:

OK....the doc gave me oromorph and said I could take it every hrs. I was going to take it 4 times a day {not as often} but have discovered that I can take it 3 times a day and it works great.
    I will give it another few days and try to come off another dose???

Glad you enjoyed your day yesterday DD and hopefully you will have another great day/meal today.
    Pete is my toyboy :lol: A whole 9 days between us and for those 9 days I suffer because I am a year older than he is :lol:
    Then a week later we have our anniversary as well so its a busy month.
    Let me know if this comes through just about to press submit

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    yippppeeee I can see that one!!!!!! I forgot to mention DD that I cant put anything on my wound yet.......its still covered :roll:
    So today when she comes it might come off......I've been saying that for ages :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad to see the oromorph has helped a bit Hileena it wont do you any harm to take it for a while, lets hope things will start to settle done soon...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    i'm pleased the oromorph is working for you. I have lost post's I don't know why.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Nurse has just been 2.45pm. The last time she came I asked would it be morning or afternoon. I'll ring you and let you know.......By 1pm she hadn't come so I rang......Oh she rang and left a message. I hadn't moved from the house {lovely day as well} :cry: and I rang her at 1pm....she rang you and left a message.....I checked my messages....just in case....nope....no messages
    Anyway......another dressing still on :x

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    That's good that you've got the pain under control now. Pity you still need a dressing on though. Fingers crossed it'll be off next week.

I noticed one of your posts was just after Sticky's. I find that if someone posts just as I am writing mine, if I don't notice, my post goes missing. Maybe that's what happened to yours.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Christine
    Thanks.....you could be right. I don't think Sticky's was there when I started to post but was there after I had posted :?
    The mods picked up my message about it disappearing and sent me a pm. They said they could find no sign of it, it wasn't logged there at all :o Oh well....never mind.
    I'm just catching up with posts. I was at my arthritis care meeting this evening and am not long home.
    Nurse is back next week so I hope it comes off then but I don't want it off if there is a chance that it might get any infection in it
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    This is getting repetitive :lol: Nurse was here this morning.
    A new dressing on but thinks when she comes back on Mon it will be off for good :roll:
    I've got to see the consultant tomorrow {6 weeks post op} so no doubt he'll want to have a look at it as well.

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    So will that be yet another dressing? Fingers crossed for next week. Hope it goes well tomorrow.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Options
    Yes Christine
    That was another dressing put on today and to be taken off on Monday :cry:
    Although she did say today that there was so little it was hardly worth putting on another dressing but she would to be on the safe side.
    I think the consultant will take it off when I see him tomorrow to be honest.

Love
    Hileena