Our poor Hileena has broken her new hip

Options

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Hileena,

I was so sorry to read about this and I hope you'll heal soon.

I'm pleased the doctor is organising a scan for you and I hope it goes okay. I had a scan last November. Generally, my GP is good at alerting people to the fact that my mobility is impaired, so there was a lovely nurse there to help me on and off the bed :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hello Hilena, glad to hear you are back home though sorry you are having to go through this. I hope the six weeks passes swiftly. I couldn't drive for nearly 6 months last year and I got used to it and having the car back felt like a real luxury!

Interesting about the osteopenia, as I have it too and have just had a bone scan. I'm worried about OP because I've been on steroids. I wish I'd pushed for one a year or so ago. It was my GP who reminded me I was overdue.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi NB, Anna and Phee
    Well that's my first complete day at home......{10pm now} Didn't go to badly although I think I'm going to have to take a few more codeine now and then to keep on top of the pain.
    30mg x 4 a day. In the hospital I tended to be on 2x 30mg for most doses.
    I don't want to go back to that but I think I need more than the 1 x 4 times.
    I'm not going to take 2 together {I know I can} I'll take one and then in between that and the next one if I'm really sore I'll try another one. Between lunch and tea time seems to be the longest time between my meds. :roll:

Love
    Hileena :D
  • hileena111
    Options
    Ohhh 6 months not driving!!!!! that is a lot. If I could walk further {not talking about now when I have this fracture} normally I wouldn't mind so much but I can only do 10 mins and 10 mins back and thats it. Very hilly round here. :roll:

Have you had the results of your DEXA scan yet?
    I'll be interested to know......keep us up to date please.
    Well....going off line shortly

Love
    Hileena
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh Hileena this is terrible news!! (Sorry I'm SO late to it)

I'm glad to hear ure home & starting the road to wellness. It's good that ure getting checked for OP .. it does seem likely :(

Warm wishes for an uncomplicated recovery!!

(((((Hugs)))))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning Debbie
    Thanks for the wishes.
    OP does seem likely doesn't it? Just have to wait and see :roll:
    I'm stiff and sore this morning but once the codeine kick in and I move about a bit I'll loosen up

Love
    Hileena
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    I will Hileena. How are you feeling today?
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    how are you doing I hope the pain his easing a bit. take care
    (((((((( Hileena ))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    If anything the pain is worse :o Not sure why......not the agony it was on Sunday when this happened but sorer than Mon and Tue when I was in hospital :?
    Trying to think what I'm doing or not doing differently but cant think of anything.
    Never mind ....it will go eventually :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    Options
    Sorry the pain is troublesome today.. ups & downs of the stages of healing I guess.. shame you can't run your 6 weeks driving lay-off side by side with the other one - like concurrent sentences :wink: - don't suppose it works like that. Hope the day-to-day nitty gritty is going ok, you need a few Wallace & Gromit type inventions, for getting up etc - on second thoughts maybe not that one that drops you out of bed straight down a chute to the breakfast table. :shock:

All the best. :)
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

Sorry the pain's worse now. Perhaps it's due to shock? I hope the codeine starts working soon :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sorry you've been feeling worse today. Hope you manage to sleep tonight and feel a bit better tomorrow.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thank you all once again.
    My sleeping surprisingly hasn't been too bad.
    I've got oromorph but don't want to touch it really.
    They sent it home after I had my THR and said use it once for the pain if it is really bad and you can use it again for the same pain but if you think you hve to use it a 3rd time...DONT.......ring ward 3 instead.
    So trying to stick to the codeine and paracetamol.

Love
    Hileena
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hope today is a better day for you, Hileena, and that the pain will ease up
    a little for you.

Take care.

Beryl. (((())))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I am not surprised that pain levels have risen - fractures tend to do that. :roll: Don't be a heroine - if you need a dose of the stronger stuff take it then 'support crew' it later with the codeine etc. Pain is indeed pain but sometimes we don't need to be too brave about it.

I hope today is a much better one for you, take things easy and gently, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I've got the nurse coming today....hospital organised it because the wound........ believe it or not is still weeping slightly :roll:

I know I'm moaning but I'm very sore today again. Also very very tired. Almost as if I have been doped with meds :shock: that sort of tiredness!!!!!
    I've only had my normal naproxen and paracetamol {pain meds} and a slightly larger dose of codeine than normal :shock:
    Sorry....better get off before I bend you ears anymore :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Call that a moan Hileena, I am sure you can do better than that :lol: hopefully you will feel a wee bit better as the day goes on ending some gentle (((())))....................take care.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hileena, That wasn't a moan!! I'm sorry that are suffering at the moment, I know from experience having the Oromorph is not great and you only want to use it as a very last resort! But don't keep pushing yourself saying this isn't the worst ever pain and not take the Oromorph! I hope you will start to feel ok very soon. Take care and I send you a soft (())
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    That wasn't a moan!! And even if it was, you'd be more than justified. I agree with DD, if you need the oramorph then you need it. Sometimes one dose of something strong is enough to help you ride the wave. Hope today is kinder to you xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I agree with the others. Really, Hileens, if you want to moan you'll have to make a better fist of it than that :lol: Your poor body has had a lot to deal with. You're doing OK but there will be bad days and, I guess, the good days will take a while to dominate. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    I hope you feel a bit better today. it's alright for them to say they haven't got the pain.
    I went to see the doctor the other day because of pain he said we all have pain.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Another update
    I rang the doc yesterday {Fri} the nurse suggested it. Said I shouldn't be uncomfortable over the weekend while they were closed.
    The doc rang me back and said take oromorph. You can take it every 4 hours.
    :roll:
    I decided I would try morning {the sorest} lunch, tea and bed time. {not as often as he said} I got it at 5pm and took a dose and one going to bed. Woke up feeling much better....sore but not nearly as sore as I have been. :D
    Took one dose this morning {7.30am} and have been OK today until about 4.30pm when I started to get sore so took another 5 mils....that should be it until bedtime so 3 times today isn't as bad as I thought it would be:lol:
    We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Love
    Hileena
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Am glad to hear the meds are helping, Hileena. Hope you can manage to catch up on some sleep.

Take care.
    Beryl. xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Beryl
    Just come back in
    I've been out for a Pizza with Peter.......very nice......better than a take-a-way :lol: Makes a change :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad the oromorph is helping. It's always nice to go out for something to eat. Hope you enjoyed your pizza.
    Christine