Seven days

Options

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Canals of hot chocolate with marshmallow icebergs
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I wish you strength: you are strong but every now and again a top-up is required, yes? You can have most of mine because your need is the greater. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    3 / 4

Nearly halfway now. As for the consultant surely, at the very least, he could give you a short course of steroids until something better can be sorted. Sometimes it's the only way. It just buys a bit of time for you to think clearly and plan the next step.

I wish you canals of hot chocolate :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Another day over and another day nearer. Hang on in there, we're all rooting for you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Another day nearer LV you are doing well sending positive thoughts and spoons, not long to go xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hello LV, good to hear from you but sorry it's been a uphill battle. It's midday so you're nearly half way through another day.

Just think, not long before those lovely little girlies will be old enough to give you a hand. If you start training them early, they can fetch you things and help with chores. I knew a 2 year old who was excellent with empting the bins. :lol:

Hang in there. One step at a time. One moment if necessary.
    xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Not long now LV..like SW says maybe a course of steroids to get you through this...thinking about you ((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Thank you once again. I can't tell you how much you've all helped me to keep going. DD you had me sobbing. Thank you.
    Today has been hard but the girls and I have taken everything one tiny step at a time - literally in Summer's case, she decided to cheer me up by finally finding the confidence to get going on two feet, hands high in the air and grin huge! Tegen has been walking for weeks but still had the heart to clap her sister every time.
    I only got a little bit irritated by my mum being disappointed that I didn't answer yes to her asking if the change in the weather hadn't solved all my problems! If only...
    I've bought in extra supplies of hot chocolate - or Mr LV has and I now have a whole weekend of him being here to do most things, it will make life so much easier. Thank you all so so so much, you are all so amazing and wonderful and I am now weeping again xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Really? Strewth, that was not my intention, far from it.

We're here, end of, so don't forget it. You are one strong woman and I hope your girls inherit that strength; all being well they will. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    4 / 3

So, now the big numbers go into the first column. They are past - over and dealt with, so well. You're getting there, girl. Just the weekend then the final push. ((())
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Options
    More than half way now, so good you have OH over the weekend to help, hopefully will make things a bit easier. You are doing great LV not long to g,o a wee top up of these to keep you going (((()))).........................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Options
    You've done the longest part of the wait now, only a few days left. Hope your OH pampers you over the weekend, you deserve it.
    Just hold on a bit longer and I hope you have big pockets to put us all in.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hello LV, how lovely that Summer has found her feet..and bless Tegen clapping for her ... :) it wont be long now and mummy can join in more of the play ..but don't forget they will always love you come what may...thinking about you..((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    I think last time a week seemed to last this long was when I was waiting for the girls to finally make an appearance. It's been an ouchy day but it's nearly done and then there are only two more to go until I get to see somebody. Thank you everybody, I feel so much less alone thanks to you. It means so much and you are all stars xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hugs to all. mig
  • villier
    Options
    Another day nearer you are doing so well, not long to go, hang in there (((()))) xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    5 / 2

Not long now, LV. You are doing a great job of not only hanging on but hanging on in an extremely non-whingy fashion :wink: You have permission to whinge. This is a very tough time and just do whatever makes for tiny improvements. We are all cheering you on.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Not much longer now. Just a couple more days to get through. Hope your OH has been spoiling you this weekend.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you SW, I tried to think up a whinge but then I worried I would tempt fate and things would get worse. Not that they haven't. I've had a Tegen with a flaming temperature, a bit of a cold and a lot of screaming to contend with all night and so far today. It means she will eventually pop out some more teeth but it also means no sleep because only mummy will do at such times. I'm frazzled and sore, I would love to curl up in a ball but that isn't an option so I'm trying to get her to settle by reading to her. I think this could be classed as a really really bad week. I so hope Tuesday brings a change for the better. They say things are sent to try us. I'm very tried now! Thank you everybody, less alone makes it all possible, you are like a team of cheerleaders and you are giving me that all important boost. Thank you xx
  • Slosh
    Options
    Oh that's all you need, a teething baby on top of everything else. Children always seem to know when to pick their moments. Hope for both your sakes the tooth/teeth come through quickly. Hope you are well stocked up on calpol.
    Love the image of your arthritic team of cheerleaders! Perhaps we could try for Britain's got talent next year.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh LV, I can only imagine how hard it is with the baby teething,, yip they always want mummy, it wont be long now, says me :roll: I have everything crossed that you get some relufe on Tuesday and for a while longer to get you through this.((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Options
    Step by step. You are doing this. I'm sure you know most of the tricks in the book but on the off chance you haven't heard of this; a wet rag in the freezer makes an excellent teething toy for little ones.

Arthritis is hard work. Being a parent is hard work. Having twins is hard work. But you're doing it all and you are incredibly strong, even if you might not feel it all the time. Those girls are blessed to have such an amazing mother.

Each hour brings you closer. Hold on to hope.

Fingers crossed for positive changes as the new weeks rolls around.

xx
  • Starburst
    Options
    I forgot to add, I saw this quote floating around on facebook today and thought you might like it.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”
  • villier
    Options
    Just today to get through and your there LV, hope the wee one managed to pop some teeth and you managed a rest. D day tomorrow, I'm sure you will have some relief by the end of the day hang in there not long to go now you have done so well......................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    6 / 1
    Last lap, LV. You've done really well to get here and would have done even without a teething baby. (Oh, don't remind me :roll: ) Keep going, girl. I wish you the very best for tomorrow. ((()))
    Steven Wright