Seven days

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope the teeth have come through ok so at least the baby gave you a better night. Nearly there now, just the final push.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Very near now LV,I hope the little one didn't keep you up last night..I will be thinking about you tomorrow ..((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Hello and thank you! One more sleep (hopefully). Last night was another bad night with both girls going for it. Mr LV was downstairs with one and me upstairs with the other. The result was I got to work and realised I couldn't really type so came home and rested. I'm actually super nervous about tomorrow and getting a registrar who is dismissive and unhelpful as many of them seem to be. My nurse did say I was seeing the consultant herself though so I am hopeful. I think I'm good at getting nervous about Rheumy appointments and them not helping and me being stuck in a state. Silly but pain and no sleep leaves me silly.
    Thank you so much, I don't think I would have got through this week without my wonderful team of cheerleaders on here. You have all been so amazing and wonderful. Thank you a billion times xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    What will be a good appt? What are you, hoping for?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Hope all goes well tomorrow.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I really hope you do catch some ZzzZzzZ's tonight. I have a little relaxation routine I very, very gently squeeze each muscle from head to toe and then relax. Then, I have a visualisation technique where I go to my happy place; a very fancy holiday resort. It's taken me a while but it helps to 'go there' when I'm particularly anxious and/or RA is giving me pain.

Make sure you write down everything you want to say. Also, maybe it might be helpful to write down what you want from this appointment, so you know what would constitute a good appointment for you?

Hang in there, LV xx
  • LignumVitae
    I have an eternal fear of being told tough luck, we aren't going to do anything to help - anything beyond that will be good! I also have had a few registrars who haven't listened and have talked over me and intimidated me until I've just walked out feeling like I wasn't taken seriously. My consultant never does that but she is busy and I don't see her every time.
  • stickywicket
    I asked because I once had a dreadful appt. My boys had gome down, in relays with every childhood disease there was culminating in meningitis for one. I literally staggered into my RA appt only to be told that according to the blood tests I was OK. I don't want thatmto happen mto you. I think it's best to have something in mind. They might offer something different but at least you'll have a Plan B if nothing's on offer though I do hope, paradoxically, that your markers are high and a solution is obvious. Good luck!
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    That's exactly the kind of thing I worry about, I bet you went away feeling on top of the world from that appointment.
    My plan B is to see my nurse (she told me I could just drop in to any of her clinics) and get a steroid jab. She's always been brilliant and has set wheels in motion before. I have my list to help me remember and I just hope it is the consultant and not anybody else. I know she is aware of my situation because my nurse spoke to her last week and when my nurse came back to me she did say I was seeing the consultant so hopefully my fears are just empty fears.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You went to work? Oh LV, just how much punishment are you demanding your RA affected and depleted body take? I hope that your appointment is better than you suspect it may be but maybe it's time for you to slow down. You grew two babies whereas most women grow one, to me that means double the pregnancy, double the birth, double the rearing, double the teething, double the walking and curiosity, double the terrible twos, actually just double the whole child-rearing malarkey and then factor in arthritis and work? You are a super woman but not Superwoman. DD

PS. I'm in your pocket for tomorrow whether you want me there or not. :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    I asked myself the same question whilst sitting in the office wondering how to do the most basic tasks. I had a piece of work I needed to get done but it didn't need to be done that much and my body did need to be elsewhere.

I have a large handbag for tomorrow full of treats and a few toys that I use to distract the girls so you are all welcome in there. Thank you xx
  • Slosh
    I'll be there. I don't know what your job is but in my experience few jobs are so important that you have to put them ahead of your health. Don't try to overdo things, give your body time.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Right. I'm scrubbed, breakfasted and ready for off. I suggest that, if the rheumatologist is not helpful, we all leap out of LV's pocket and form a cordon round him / her until (s)he says the right thing – whatever that is. Maybe a teething baby or two might help plead our cause?

LV, you'll be fine. xx
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    At last the day is here :D
    I hope all goes well, and today brings some relief for you, and some for your little ones too. X (((())))
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I ready to jump in the bag LV ,hope it goes well. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Here at last, you have done so well, I will also jump(jump, maybe slither) into your bag. Good luck LV hope you get some relief today..........Marie xx

PS Don't worry about the wee ones we will keep them entertained x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Thinking of you today. x
  • barbara12
    Hello LV I have just logged on to see if there is any news, I am hoping the appointment was really helpful...and you have got some welcome relief (((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    I've been thinking about you, too, LV. I hope everything has gone well.
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you everybody! I hope you enjoyed the ride (I tried to keep it as smooth as possible). I've had a steroid jab so hopefully that will start to ease things soon. I go back to my nurse in a couple of weeks to see if I need another. I saw the consultant, not a registrar, and she was good. She's referred me for physio to see if that helps and has also done a load of bloods. If the steroid doesn't work they will consider me for biologics because meth is my third DMARD. The only thing I got confused about was that I was retested for the rheumatoid factor. I've been tested before and it's negative. I thought if it wasn't there once it never would be but clearly that assumption was wrong.
    I'm really tired and sore but thanks to you all I got to today and through today. Indebted to you doesn't cover it. Thank you xx
  • Slosh
    Sounds like a useful appointment. Hope the steroid injection works and that you don't have to wait too long for the physio appointment. Fingers crossed the twins have a better night tonight so that you do too.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    Hell LV that sound like a very good appointment...I hope the jab kicks in very soon..has for the RA factor, I have been tested 3 times ...all negative :) you get some rest, let your family help out has much has possible...I have been worried about you... :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Try and do the impossible and rest ! Hope the jab works and you can at least feel a bit easier. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Over the years of living with this malarkey I have learned that we cannot take anything for granted with these auto-immune conditions; we are at their mercy despite the best efforts of the doctors. That sounds like a good appointment and I hope the steroid helps. If you are put onto an anti-TNF don't be surprised if meth is re-introduced to bolster the (hopefully) positive results of the chosen drug. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Good about the steroid jab, good about the physio, good that biologics will be considered if necessary and no idea about the elusive rheumatoid factor. All in all, a good appointment but the key question is – how are you feeling now?
    Steven Wright