Options
124»

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello LV.
    Just popping in to see how you are feeling today, and no need to say not to bad...I hope the jabs kicks in very soon...and you have manged some rest ((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hello! I've had a monster sleep, I slept 9-6 last night which is very rare for me. I don't think the steroid has done any magic yet so it's been a long day and to be honest I could do another monster sleep!

It was a good appointment, I know I was listened to (I did get my usual tongue tied wobble), she seemed to almost lead me with the questions at times in terms of when she said are you exercising and I said yes I'm walking the dogs she then asked me another few times until I answered honestly and said I was barely able to do more than get them to the field and leave them to it...I think I started off trying to defend myself from accusations of being lazy when really she was trying to see if I was coping. I'm a dope sometimes! xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Oh LV, you are, indeed, a dope :roll: But you're not alone. My Former GP used to ask me regularly “And how are you – apart from 'OK'.” And when I insisted I was OK he'd just look at me until I admitted I wasn't quite as OK as all that :lol:

I hope the jab kicks in soon and I hope you can catch up on a bit more sleep tonight. That alone will help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I just thought I'd stop by to see how things were. Any joy from the steroid jab? I do hope so but, if not, you won't be the first on here :roll:
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hi SW

Thanks for asking...sadly no joy :( I'm going back on friday for another steroid if there is still no joy by then because they can apparently take ten days to work (they never have in the past). I'm working from home so that means sitting in a quiet house 'proof reading' which isnt too onerous. I'm doing lots of early nights and taking all the help I can get with everything. I will unashamedly drive the dogs to the field gate and let them out and should I need to cook I will use my frozen chopped onions. I'm wondering how many steroids they will keep shooting into me and trying not to worry that nothing seems to be taking hold. I'm very grateful that they will give me another shot so soon but not sure what my options are if that one doesn't work (I know there is no point thinking so far ahead - one step at a time). LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Sorry to hear the steroids haven't had any effect yet keeping my fingers crossed that the next shot does the trick. Well done on being so sensible about work, the dogs, cooking etc. It's hard but I'm sure it will help. Frozen chopped onions are great, they are now one of my regular buys and they come with the bonus of not making you cry!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh LV, here comes a gentle finger-wag: never, ever fib to a doctor about how things really are because they cannot help properly if you fluff the truth. Obviously your rheumatologist knows you pretty well :wink: but having to ask you the same thing more than once wastes her precious time.

Steroids sometimes work and sometimes don't. I found the injections useless but the tablets wonderful - could that be an option? I don't often champion the little devils but they can be a useful tool for digging us out of arthritic holes. It seems to me that you have far too much on your plate, viz. children, dogs and work - something has to pay the price and it would seem that that something is you. There's no doubt you are a fighter but occasionally it's necessary to take some time out from that fight. Oh to live in an ideal world. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear they're not working yet, LV, and I do hope that either they, or the next lot, will. Or the physio. Or, possibly, the biologics :roll: Until that glorious day :wink: remember we're still here for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh LV I am so sorry you are still struggling...has for driving the dogs to the park gate...good thinking I say..but on a serious note I can only imagine what you are going through...I hope you are getting plenty of help with the twins..and hopefully you will get some relief very soon...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara