What made you smile today?

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    JPH- the quote at the bottom of your post made me smile. :D

A friend of mine got so stressed with her class of unruly children that she drove round a traffic island three times trying to decide whether she could face going in to school. In the end she went home for the day. I think she must have felt like phoning in dead :lol::lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    A very small boy. He will be eleven months old on Tuesday and today was momentous for two reasons: he took his first unaided but wobbly steps this morning and also uttered his first word, on his way round to our house, which was 'cat'. Complete with the 't' at the end. He both charmed and entertained five adults for two hours, no mean feat for someone who isn't yet one.

When he left we waved goodbye but by the time he had reached the end of the drive he was sound asleep, his dad turned round the pushchair to reveal said slumbering infant. Spark out. I daresay Mr DD will be too by the time he's eaten (and the yawns emanating fro the sitting room). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    How lovely and how special.

I heard some shouts and cheers outside my house earlier, I looked out to see a children's party that had spilled outside, (luckily I live in a quiet cul-de-sac). What looked like a goal kicking competition was going on with cheering parents, even better a positive image of multi -cultural Britain, including British, Polish and Muslim families.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Yesterday, actually.

I was in the conservatory chatting to a friend on the phone when Mr SW arrived, unannounced, earing two glasses of wine. A lovely surprise.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Feeling rough after my first day back at work after the summer break, my daughter messaged me a beautiful photo of my 6 month old grandaughter, Lily and an audio message of Lily giggling. Perfect tonic.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    A solicitor's invoice that was 10% lower than the initial quote.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Getting a txt from the mum of the nine year old twins that I sometimes watch after school, they were doing a cake stall to raise money for wateraid they asked me to bake a cake so I did two date and fruit loaves which they sold for 30p a slice between that and the rest of their cakes they raised £40.00 well done kids!!! Xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    er indoors and I shared a paella and a glass of pimms walking out to a festival today. :D
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I cried laughing at Bad Robots last night. The nanas on Keep It In The family are very funny and have me giggling.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    Seeing the David Hockney 'Arrival of Spring' i-pad prints. Amazing, clever, fascinating, intriguing and just plain happy.
    Steven Wright
  • emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    i read a forum post by Tezz and read all your replies , supporting her through a very rough patch .. you guys are amazing and the support you all have and give to each other is indescribable .... im so glad to be a part of a lovely group of people who all understand what each one of us is going through, weather it be OA,RA ,having a bad day flare ups , event questions about dealing with pain ... all whilst each of you are in the exact same boat and dealing with these issues and more

THANK YOU XX for making me smile :D

Emma xx
  • daffy2
    A new family of long tailed tits bouncing around the trees, peeping to each other and looking impossibly cute.
  • daffy2
    Radio3 8 am news summary had an item about Mothwatch, saying that researchers are particularly interested in the Hawk Moth - slight pause- 'which apparently has a liking for tobacco and alcohol'. Quick handover to other presenter who was obviously struggling not to dissolve into giggles.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    While on our holiday we watched this young Spanish kid who everyday walked along casually and as he walked passed shoved these 2 friends of his into the pool, he also pushed his dad in the pool when he was wearing t-shirt and shorts!! :lol:
  • stickywicket
    My 6 yr old USA grandson attended his first 'proper' baseball match on Friday evening. One player was called Pujols. It's hilarious when you're a 6 yr old boy and his giggles set me off too.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    It was actually yesterday. I was chatting to an old gent I know, mid 80s with 10 children plus an adopted son and still an active gardener and woodworker despite his OA.

He said he'd been thanking his dil for the long johns she'd bought him saying "Those condoms are wonderfully cosy and a real snug fit.

Ah, what's in a name :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Trying a beer I haven't had before................ :D
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • daffy2
    Finding a pot of blue hyacinths in flower behind the shed. I bought several pots of bulbs in flower last year to brighten up the garden when I moved, and tucked them away to carry on growing and then dry off over the summer. I've already had out some dwarf iris about a month ago, but the hyacinth were just tiny green noses then so I forgot about them. They are now on my kitchen windowsill scenting the air and providing a shot of blue when the sky is grey.
  • stickywicket
    Reading rehab's old thread. Wonderful stuff.
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Reading rehab's old thread. Wonderful stuff.

You beat me to it sticky.................... :lol::lol: :!:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • daffy2
    Watching 2 goldfinches trying to get seeds out of the verbena bonariensis. The stems are quite strong but were bending right down as the birds sidled along to reach the heads so they were having to do some quite nifty acrobatics. They are such cheerful little birds with their bright colouring and constant tinkling calls.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    A few days ago, I offered my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter a banana. Normally she loves them but that day she said she didn't want one as it would make her sour. Forgot to ask mum and dad what she meant. :heart_eyes:
    Christine
  • Slosh
    A photo of my middle Grandson standing proudly by the daffodil he had grown at nursery. He asked his Mum to take it and send it to me because "Granny loves daffodils "
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    From a large-and-lovely friend:

* My goal for 2016 was to lose just 10 pounds … only 25 to go ...

* A recent study has found women who carry a little extra weight live longer than men who mention it.

*Kids today don't know how easy they have it... when I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel...

I particularly like the middle one.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    The sun! Good to know it's still there.