Hi 👋🏻

Charw
Charw Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone,

hope you are all well.

Im Charlotte, I’m 32 and have had JIA since I was a baby. I have never known life without this disease.

I have 2 children who are fab and the eldest especially is so understanding, the youngest is really starting to get to grips with mummy’s disability.

i am currently recovering from right wrist fusion. I had my left fused 5 years ago. I’m right hand dominant.

all joints are affected from my jaw to my toes but my wrists were the most damaged.

id love to chat with other people like myself, especially those Of a similar age to myself, mums of young children or anyone that has 2 medically fused wrists.

😊

Comments

• KT1979
    KT1979 Member Posts: 2

Hello,

just signed up to this site! Read your post and can resonate.

41, 2 children JIA poly arthritis diagnosed late teens. May joints impacted - jaw can only open mount less than 2cms! Funny to most but gets me down sometimes.

4 vertebra fused in neck.

wrists painful, thumbs may as well be cut off as now deformed!

hips, knees and toes too!

but... live life with a full time career - anyhow can relate so thought I'd say hi xx

Katie :)

• KT1979
    KT1979 Member Posts: 2

Hi - very similar but 41 with 2 children

would love to connect

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669
    edited 21. Feb 2021, 09:49

Hi @KT1979 - Katie 

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

I note that you’ve suffered with arthritis from an early age and that it’s taken it’s toll on your body to the extent that you now live with a full-time carer. 

I can see that you’re already finding your way around the forum, your first two posts are now published and any posts will appear automatically. 

I’m not sure if any of the information on our website as regards JIA is useful to you but just in case here’s the link: 

I hope you find participating in the forum of benefit. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Hi Katie! @KT1979

Lovely to welcome you to the forum.

I hope you and @Charw can support each other. Peer support is the very best thing.

I was once a Mum of two young children having had surgery, but they are at the leaving home age now so life has got much easier. Our kids adapt, understand more than we think they will and as long as we love them and did our best they will love us in return.

All parents beat themselves up, those of us who have health issues probably more than most when we ought to be kinder to ourselves.

take care