Hello 👋

Options

Hi, I'm Liam. I am 28 years old and from Scotland. I got diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis in January of 2024. My dad had Psoriatic Arthritis too so its very much a hereditary thing. To be perfectly honest, it's made everything a lot more difficult these days. I find it hard to walk, stairs are difficult and it can take a long time. My index and middle finger have been swollen now for 3 months and I haven't been able to bend them since. I thought it might have just affected those two fingers but recently all my fingers are now sore. Going from sitting to standing and vice versa is difficult. Sadly using the toilet is very painful as its so low down. To clarify, I am 6'7 and the toilet is just above my knees.

I go to my neighbour to have him open stuff; even a bag of pasta is difficult. I'm really hoping the medication starts to do something soon, I have been on it for just over a month now.

Anyway, thanks for reading even though it's just me listing my issues.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,014
    Options

Hello @Kendo and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

Our website has a lot of useful information on arthritis, treatments as well as hints and tips. So, if you have any specific questions just raise them on this Community or have a search of the Versus Arthritis website.

I hope your medication starts to work soon.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm