Cold sore

I developed a cold sore throughout the day yesterday and I don’t think I’ve ever felt so ill with one. I’ve had a sore face, earache, headache, swollen gland, eyes have felt swollen, extreme fatigue and more pain through my body than usual. I have PsA and osteoarthritis in my thumbs. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so ill with one. I’m waiting to hear back from the docs re aciclovir. I’ve been using cream and a zapper, neither have worked and my lip is double the size it should be. Has anyone else had this experience with a cold sore and what can we do to help? It’s awful that something that wouldn’t affect others really completely takes everything out of you.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Hi @Bedders90

that sounds awful!

Have you shown it to anyone has the Dr actually seen it? Sounds really bad I hope you'll tell us if you get antivirals for it clearly you need help with it.

Sending some ((())) and fingers crossed🤞 for you

Toni x

• Bedders90
    Bedders90 Member Posts: 4

@frogmorton it really is awful. I tried to get an actual appointment with the doctor this morning but you know how that can be! I’ve sent across a photo of it and am just waiting to hear back. X

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

If they can see a photo hopefully that will be enough to convince them that this is no ordinary cold sore!

x