Advice on Axial Spondyloarthritis

TinaA
TinaA Member Posts: 6
edited 4. Aug 2024, 12:00 in Living with arthritis

Hi, just wondering whether I put up with this pain or I need to see my GP or Rheumatologist. My rib cage is very painful when I breath in - so can only do shallow breathing. I know this is part of AxSpA but any recommendations on how to stop the pain would be really apprieciated. I am on biologic injections but just lately they seem to have stopped working as in a lot of pain in all my joints.

I have taken paracetamol and Co codamol but they don't seem to relieve the pain in my chest. Although they do help with the other joint pains.

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 385

Hi @TinaA

Personally I would contact your Rheumatologist team and seek advice as every one different and they obviously know all about you and your history.

Best wishes and good luck @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• TinaA

Okay Naomi, thanks for that. My consultant is on leave at the moment so I have to wait till he gets back.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Me too, but can you take anti-inflammatories in the meantime? Like ibuprofen i can't but those who can (used to be me) swear by them.

Good luck

Toni x

• TinaA

Thanks for your input Toni. I can't take ibuprofen it irrates my stomach. I think I use too much when my knees were knackered. Had both replaced!!