Biologics

Hello!
I got diagnosed with RA in March 2024 after my symptoms started in December 2023.
The last 6 months have been a whirlwind of medication and lifestyle changes which I am slowly adjusting too.
I have been on triple therapy now for around 8 weeks with no difference- I feel like I’m in a constant flare up!
the good news is that my consultant has referred me for Biologics which I am due to start on Monday!
I'm being prescribed Adalimumab - just wanted some insight into others who are on this biologic and how it’s helped them!? 🤞🏻🤞🏻

thanks all - B x

Comments

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 795

Hi @baileyskuse

I know what you mean regarding the whirlwind. I've been on the adalimumab biosimilar Amgevita since July 2021. It was added to the sulfasalazine and methotrexate I was already on. 3 weeks into it - so a week after my 2nd injection I felt I could feel a small improvement. After 2 months I was able to hand back my elbow crutches I'd needed to be able to walk. I can now walk my dog 50-60kms a week albeit with a limp as the year between first symptoms of psoriatic arthritis and the biologic working damaged my knee beyond repair. I'm not cured by any means but my pain levels are significantly reduced.

I hope it works for you.

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 1,058
    edited 27. Aug 2024, 21:37

Hi @baileyskuse and welcome to the online community,

Good to hear that you’ll be starting on biologics on Monday. Several of our members are on Adalimumab and are having good results. Here are a few posts you might like to read - other members may also share their experiences:

Good luck, and do let us know how you get on,

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm