What made you smile today?

Options

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A year 5 boy I worked with last year came over at lunchtime, sat down opposite me and said "It's been a long time since I came and had lunch with you so we could have a chat".

Made my day!

Loving the sun too even if it goes along with frost!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    I have a daily smile thinking back to last year. I did a lot of cring as I was practically bed ridden, at least house bound, it was dreadful. It's brilliant to get out and about at last. Looking forward to spring.

i020.gif

e200.gif

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    My 18 month old granddaughter, when she appeared to be chewing something, her mum said "what's in your mouth" she replied "teeth" :D
    That's why I love her!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I just smiled at the thought that the world now has a Junior Numpty :D Clearly a chip off the old block.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    One of my year 3 pupils looked at me yesterday,
    "Miss, your face...it's, it's. ...fabulous!"

What miracles a bit of makeup can do.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I used to pick my two eldest grandchildren up from primary school and look after them till mum and dad got home. They are at seniors now and prefer to spend time with their friends rather than us adults so I haven't felt so close to them. Yesterday, as my daughter and her family were staying with me for 10 days, we had all gone out for lunch. I noticed my eldest granddaughter was looking very bored. I sent her a text (well she is about to be 15, how else would I contact her? :lol:) asking if she was ok. She said she was and we had a chat. Later, she sent me a text to say thank you for that and that she loved me. I had the biggest grin and feel much better about it now.
    Christine
  • Slosh
    Options
    That's so lovely
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Options
    My daughter has given me permission to share this. It made me laugh when she told me. First you need to know she is 24 and has ME since she was 19 although it took 3 years to be diagnosed as such.

Practice Nurse "You're too young to have ME"

Alice "Well I've had it since I was 19 and my illness didn't ask me for id"

She said the nurse didn't know what to say.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    For the last few days the first thing I see when I draw the curtains on a morning is my neighbour's clump of snowdrops - vulnerable but bright, pretty and determined to defy the elements. Wonderful!
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Stepping outside the back door to warmth and a blast of scent. It's been very mild today and the christmas box by the back door is in full flower so the perfume was rising to meet me.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This made me smile yesterday: I went out for some retail therapy and bumped into an ex-pupil who is now all growed-up, married and has two small children, the smallest being four months old today. He gave me the biggest hugs I've had in a very long time, he's in full-time employment with the ambulance service, improving their first home together and loving life. Between us we raised his English grades from expected fails to Bs so not too shabby! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    How wonderful DD, a bright light when things are grim. You would be too modest to say so but it's quite something to be responsible for making a positive difference to a person's life.
  • lindamay
    lindamay Member Posts: 118
    Options
    I smiled today when my husband used the "sat nav"on my phone. He has always been against sat navs and always uses old fashioned maps. He was a HGV driver in working life and stuck to maps religiously. But today on route to visit our family we decided to divert to visit my brother. The map was buried underneath luggage in the back of the car. I brought up on maps on my phone. By following directions it saved us about 10 miles on the route my husband would have gone from memory. He had to admit it was the better route. I just smiled!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    We returned home to hear the children in the Primary School (just over our garden fence) playing a loud and enthusiastic game of "What time is it, Mr Wolf?"

I wonder how many generations of kids have enjoyed that?
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    The school is on half term and workmen are re-laying the tarmac on the playground.

At 10.30am the electronic bell rang as usual. One hopeful worker's voice cried joyfully "Playtime boys!"
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    My rheumy has finally reduced my steroids from 2 tablets a day to one. Been on Pred for 3 years now, from 8 a day, with 1 full gram infusion 3 times a week for one week. Flipping Vasculitis. :roll:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• lindamay
    lindamay Member Posts: 118
    Options
    My feet feel great after returning from chiropodist. I couldn't do them after my hip operation. They are now neat trimmed nails and massaged
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My first cup of tea at 5am, my second at 5.15 and my third at 5.40. Utter bliss. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    With you there just a few hours later!
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Mr SW had to take the car in for a service. He opened the back door then paused, looked at me and asked "Do I need to use the loo first?"
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    This was the other day. On my way to work, there is a house having a huge extension built. There are always vans parked on the pavement outside despite the big drive being empty. The other day, a huge wagon pulled up but parked properly on the road. I thanked the driver for not going on to the pavement and said in a loud voice that it made it so difficult for some people. He agreed. Every day since then, I giggle to myself as the vans now always park in the drive. Either they heard what I said or the wagon driver said something to them.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My friend's nearly four-year-old niece had to be collected early from nursery due to diarrhoea. In trying to explain what was wrong she said she had 'tummy sneezes'. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Back from spending time with my grandchildren. Lily(2) gave me a high five. When I mentioned that I had a shower brush after Luke (6 1/2) spotted some in a shop he asked if I had "winkles on my back?"
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Options
    Got to share these

Me to yr 3 group
    "How many letters are there in the alphabet?"

Pupil

"A lot"

Doing a reading test with a pupil.

The sentence he read, correctly was

Dedicated runners have to train regularly to achieve international success.

I asked "Why do these athletes train so much?"

Answer " They don't like running so they catch the train."
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah Slosh, the mysteries of the alphabet still abound, yes? Many of my pupils referred to 'valves' and 'continents' and probably still do.

What made me smile today is that I have, finally, ordered a new dishwasher. It's a better model than the one I originally wanted and works out (thanks to a useful chum who can supply and fit) as a better deal. Come Thursday evening it will be done . . . bliss. DD