I am very naughty often using the supermarkets as my 'larder' and am fairly sure I am not the only person who does so
Given that our lives are going to be (if they aren't already) seriously restricted due to the COVID-19 virus I thought maybe we could swap ideas to help each other get by...… what sort of items are sensible to have in the house. How to store foods. Ideally some easy ideas for meals too maybe?
In our village we have some little flyers being put together to post through doors so those confined to base can request help with things from shopping to putting the bin out.
Shall I start?
1. I have been mashing and boiling potatoes and freezing them. Woman cannot live on chips alone!
2. Cheese can be frozen as can milk
3. I have bought some powdered milk too
- 7.7K All Categories
- 497 Welcome
- 3.5K Say Hello
- 15 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 16 Feedback and ideas
- 38.9K Our Community
- 2.7K Living with arthritis
- 109 Let's Move
- 171 Work and financial support
- 555 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 245 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 25 My Triumphs
- 355 Young people's community
- 489 Chat and News
- 25 Val's Cafe
- 226 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe