Living with rheumatoid arthritis

Comments

• Jamielee
    Jamielee Member Posts: 27

Hi @Christian78 sorry I haven’t been on my phone all day yesterday as my hands was too bad, I’m feeling okay today thank you for asking, I’m glad to hear your feeling okay, it’s cold over here but not raining thankfully x

• Jamielee

@frogmorton it doesn’t matter about how old you are, your welcome to chat with us aswell, I hope ur doing okay x

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74

Hi all,

I'm 37, so a bit older (wouldn't call myself a girl any more!), but I definitely get being anxious about having a long term illness, finding it hard to explain what's going on and feeling like a failure when you can't do something. I still work and have issues with disclosing my illness there and when it affects what I can do. I also don't really talk about it with my friends, as I don't want to worry them or make it all about me. It makes things much more difficult and can cause mental health issues for me as well.

Definitely glad we can talk about it here. It's nice to have a space which makes me feel like it's ok to be honest.

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• Jamielee

@Shaphron hi lovely, your welcome to talk in here whenever you like and I’ll always reply when I see it! I understand how you feel as I hate talking to my friends because I don’t want to ruin there plans and stop them doing things I can’t.

its a good space to all talk to each other and help out, hope your well xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Thank you @Jamielee 🙂

I do do ok mostly thanks. Phones can hurt your hands can't they and hunching over them can start to hurt your back too 🙄

Take care of yourself

• Jamielee

@Christian78 morning, I woke up a bit stiff today, I’m feeling okay now Iv tried moving around abit, it’s cold over here but it’s not raining! How are your feet doing today x

• Jamielee

@Christian78 im happy to hear that :) I’m going to try do some gentle exercise today I haven’t done much for a while apart from walk around my house every now and then, I’m happy there’s no COVID over there, it’s pretty bad over here so I can’t go out much, as me and my mum are shielding.

Speak soon, xxx

• Jamielee

@Christian78 yes I’ll definitely try some yoga thank you so much, and speak tomorrow xx

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74

Thanks all, It's good to have people to talk to. I've had a good day today - but I now need to get back into the habit of doing some form of exercise every day, even if it's a tiny amount. I've been really bad recently, and I'm now feeling it. I guess there's only one thing to do about it, but it's so difficult to start, and exercising isn't fun for me.

The weather today has been lovely tho, and while it's dark when I'm driving home after work I enjoyed seeing the moon tonight. It's cold, but I do like having a clear sky.

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 29. Nov 2020, 19:15
    The user and all related content has been deleted.