Living with rheumatoid arthritis

Comments

• Jamielee
    Jamielee Member Posts: 27

Hi @Christian78 sorry I haven’t been on my phone all day yesterday as my hands was too bad, I’m feeling okay today thank you for asking, I’m glad to hear your feeling okay, it’s cold over here but not raining thankfully x

• Jamielee

@frogmorton it doesn’t matter about how old you are, your welcome to chat with us aswell, I hope ur doing okay x

• Christian78
    Christian78 Member Posts: 138

Hi @Jamielee no problem I understand sorry to hear that your hands were bad yesterday with pain, I am glad that your hands are better today, I am glad to hear that your feeling okay today, yes it is a dry and sunny day here but cold and no rain for a change, I am okay ish but my feet are aching alot and have some pain at times in my feet, take care keep in touch, as it is good to talk about our problems with us both having arthritis, speak soon X:-)

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 69

Hi all,

I'm 37, so a bit older (wouldn't call myself a girl any more!), but I definitely get being anxious about having a long term illness, finding it hard to explain what's going on and feeling like a failure when you can't do something. I still work and have issues with disclosing my illness there and when it affects what I can do. I also don't really talk about it with my friends, as I don't want to worry them or make it all about me. It makes things much more difficult and can cause mental health issues for me as well.

Definitely glad we can talk about it here. It's nice to have a space which makes me feel like it's ok to be honest.

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• Jamielee

@Shaphron hi lovely, your welcome to talk in here whenever you like and I’ll always reply when I see it! I understand how you feel as I hate talking to my friends because I don’t want to ruin there plans and stop them doing things I can’t.

its a good space to all talk to each other and help out, hope your well xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 26,862

Thank you @Jamielee 🙂

I do do ok mostly thanks. Phones can hurt your hands can't they and hunching over them can start to hurt your back too 🙄

Take care of yourself

Love

Toni xxx
  • Christian78

Hi @Jamielee good morning to you hope your okay?, And your hands ect aren't hurting to much a dry clear day here but cold, nice to see your pic is back again, hope you have a nice day and your not in to much pain, keep in touch with me:-)

• Christian78

@Shaphron yes your welcome to talk to us as it's very difficult living with arthritis so please join in when you can do and I will reply as well, have a nice day:-)

• Christian78

@Shaphron it's ok I am in my early 40s but still think I am 21haha:-)

• Jamielee

@Christian78 morning, I woke up a bit stiff today, I’m feeling okay now Iv tried moving around abit, it’s cold over here but it’s not raining! How are your feet doing today x

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee good afternoon to you yes not always good to stay in bed as this will make things worse, best to keep moving as much as possible I get normal about 8am as I can't stay in to long stiffen up alot, hope your pain isn't to bad today, I am okay just got sore heals and ankles feel stiff but apart from that I feel like 21 haha been to Tesco's that was tiering alot of walking shattered now, dry sunny intervals no rain here as well no wind Calm, take care hope you have a nice day keep moving excersise is good, we are lucky on the island as we have no covid 19 in the community so free to go about our daily lives, take care speak soon keep in touch with me:-)

• Jamielee

@Christian78 im happy to hear that :) I’m going to try do some gentle exercise today I haven’t done much for a while apart from walk around my house every now and then, I’m happy there’s no COVID over there, it’s pretty bad over here so I can’t go out much, as me and my mum are shielding.

Speak soon, xxx

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee so yoga excesises are quite good to do loads you can find on the internet which are good to do in the house just gental excesises are good to do, yes the UK and north west of England aren't good at the moment with covid situation, let's hope everything improves next year January onwards, it can't be easy having to stay at home fingers crossed everything improves soon, we are very lucky here on the island no covid restrictions but our borders remain closed visitors, keep in touch speak soon.

Ps hope your pain hasn't been to bad today?.

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee I will check in again tomorrow morning take care, speak soon xx

• Jamielee

@Christian78 yes I’ll definitely try some yoga thank you so much, and speak tomorrow xx

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee excellent yoga should help you alot, I have just made a donation to vursus arthritis to help everyone with arthritis conditions, take care speak tomorrow, stay safe:-)

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee good morning to you hope your okay today?, And yr pain isn't to bad?, I am okay going Christmas shopping this afternoon, feet aren't to bad today, I will check in later on, have a nice day:-)

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee good evening to you how are you?, Hope your day has been okay, I am okay been shopping this afternoon got all my Xmas gifts, keep in touch with me take care X:-)

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee how are you getting on with your excesises?, Have you tried yoga as this would be good for you, let me know how your getting on?.

Keep in touch ☺️

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 69

Thanks all, It's good to have people to talk to. I've had a good day today - but I now need to get back into the habit of doing some form of exercise every day, even if it's a tiny amount. I've been really bad recently, and I'm now feeling it. I guess there's only one thing to do about it, but it's so difficult to start, and exercising isn't fun for me.

The weather today has been lovely tho, and while it's dark when I'm driving home after work I enjoyed seeing the moon tonight. It's cold, but I do like having a clear sky.

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

• Christian78

Hi @Shaphron thanks for your message yes it is good to talk on here yoga is good excesises just do easy excesises yes nice calm weather today cloudy but dry, take care :-)

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee hope your okay, I am okay been a dry day here on the island cloudy but dry, I will check in tomorrow have a good evening, keep in touch, speak tomorrow:-)

• Christian78

Hi @Shaphron how are you keeping how is your pain?, How are you getting on with your excesises?, I am okay my feet haven't been to good last few days I have OA in both of my feet so some Days I struggle have good days and then not so good day's, keep in touch let me know how your getting on?, Take care:-)

• Christian78
    edited 29. Nov 2020, 19:15

Hi @Jamielee good evening how have you been last few days( haven't heard from you) how has your pain been Hope it hasn't been to bad for you?, my feet are painful this evening so just resting them with my feet up aching like hell, I am waiting for steroid injections into my foot I have had loads over the years so work well other only last a 3/4 weeks hopefully I get them soon, keep in touch with me let me know how your getting on?. Take care :-)

• Christian78

Hi @Jamielee I take a tablet every day called Etoricoxib 90 mg also known Aroxcia I find it helps with inflammation and pain it's for Rumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis might be worth speaking to your GP see what they say, I also take Omeprazole 20mg to protect my stomach one tablet every day, should help you with your pain.

Let me know what you think?.