Too young for partial knee replacement?
I am 52 this week, and have bone on bone OA in my knee, made worse by a recent fall on it.
I saw an orthopaedic consultant for the first time today who has recommended conservative management for now. Physio ( which I have been having anyway, mainly by phone ) and a steroid injection in 4 weeks. He also gave me a knee brace
As a midwife and dog owner my life is quite active , and I’m in a fair bit of pain, and everything makes me so much more tired than it used to.
What is everyone’s thoughts on age and (
partial) knee replacement please? Apparently if I have it done now, I will have to have it redone in later life which will be a much more complex operation .
Thank you for reading
- 8.1K All Categories
- 748 Welcome
- 3.8K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 21 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 569 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 111 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe