Comments

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can do Hawaian
    I love that theme.
    Makes me remember The King.
    Do you think you could do an impersination of The King Rehab or Delboy maybe.
    Better get the pig cooking Joan

Joy
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sounds like a good plan with lots of fresh fruit for pud will go and put outfit together ready r we having it on deck sure there r lots of plants we can fetch out near the pool we can have full pig roasting out there think it better go on to cook now how long do they take to cook any one know
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    We have it all in hand. Our wonderful Ships Chefs have been looking after it for the last 5-6 hours. When it is ready they will 'drum roll' it in and place on the support bars. 8) 8) 8)

I love the lights the ships crew have made too. They look like torches placed round the pool. :o:o:o:o

I love these sort of do where you sit back and watch it all taking shape round you. Think I will got and have a pedicure and have my nails twinkling like diamonds. :P :P :P :P :P I shall not have a grass skirt. Wouldn't suit me - perhaps a lovely red material patterned with roses and draped round and round and round me :lol::lol::lol:

Just say that we can have music by 'The King' He's on TV tonight :? :? :?
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Joan and fellow shipmates :D
    Sorry Joan couldn't face running round all the decks but I did do a bit of swimming this morning and am shattered now. p010.gif

Does that count in the getting fit stakes?? Mind you I was in need of a jam doughnut after, and all I got offered was some fruit!!!Very nice fruit but FRUIT :roll: :roll:
    Hope you found your toes Jan :lol: can you smuggle me a jam doughnut when Joan isn't watching??
    Might join Joy for a bit of pampering now and then sit in the sun for a while. Will get the cabin boy to sort me out a grass skirt to tonight. The staff are excellent here.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Chris :wink:

f025.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi

Everything is shaping up very nicely ( including Joy in her wonderful outfit :!: ) It's going to be a super party if everyone turns up. Not like last night, which was a bit quiet.

As well as the roast pig, here are some other things on the menu;

Chicken Luau ( chicken in coconut and spinach sauce)

salmon baked in tropical style with oranges and cherries.

Kalua pig ( no idea :!: )

Hawaiian chicken skewers with pineapple salsa

Hawaiian fresh fruit platter.

Sounds good !!!!
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Captain

Are we psychic :?: :?: Both posted at 14.28 precisely :!: :shock:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I couldn't quite make the run round the deck this morning, so I limbered up in my cabin.

I get hay fever very badly, so I will wear a beautiful blue sarong instead of a grass skirt.........shame, really 'cos I do a really good shimmy! (Especially when someone hits me with a shopping trolley).

I'm going to go down to the pool now and tread some water, I might even jump up and down on it too, for exercise.......then I will dry off in the sun and perhaps have just a leeetle nap.
    My cabin boy has orders to wake me at 6, with a large cup of steaming tea and a very creamy cream cake. Then he will arrange for a lift for me back to the cabin to chill out a little more before making my glamorous and startling entrance into the bar (I hope he remembers to put up the vines the right way round).

See you all later!

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Jan

I like the pictures. What big teeth our captain has got :!: :!:

Also, I hope that branch is strong enough :!: It looks a long way down to fall. :!: :lol:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Your right. Captain looks knockneed and no muscles, unless that is a disguise.

right shuffle, shuffle, forward left foot out to the right side, hitch your hips, now do the same shuffle shuffle right foot out to the side, hitch your hips..................just sway with the music tha's it.

da la la la da da da, can you hear that Hawian music now.................That's it come on Chris shuffle shuffle da la la la da la la la

Oh I like this, I do hope you limberd up well. Its good for your muscles .........la la la da da la oa
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    am i to early the smell of all that lovely food was driving me mad so got ready and came out will have little drink while i wait for every one else. did not get nails done as not very girly girl and do not sit still long enough for them to dry lol
    d100.gif
    thoght i would put some flowers in my hair used fake ones as get hay fever lol
    val
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I've just got my legs in a twist trying to follow the dance instructions - can I do my own interpretation? Thanks - it involves sitting down for a long time!

My sarong is in place, flowers everywhere I could think of, anybody got any leis?

Annie
  • trisher
    Options
    Annie

Why wear a sarong? I thought it was an Hawillian night, you know Lei's grass skirts and a bra, no wonder you cannot follow the steps. :mrgreen:

oooohhhhh I don't know about a seance "Is there anybody there" and then the table jumps and we all scream :shock:

I'm not doing it on my own!!!
  • joanlawson
    edited 3. Jan 2010, 15:45
    Options
    Hi Trisher

This is getting really spooky now, because I was just thinking about you, and I saw you said, Is anybody there :?:

Also, I've just been writing a short story entitled Magic Show, which is about reality and illusion.

Anyway, lets get the party going. I'm in my grass skirt and fancy bra, with garlands of flowers round my neck, the music is playing, so let's have some fun :!: :D:D

e118.gif
  • annie_mial
    Options
    You won't be on your own, Trish...........the ghostly 'whoever' will be right there with you. I can scream quite loudly, so I'll take turns with you.

I'm wearing a sarong 'cos grass gives me hay fever .....I thought it was a good compromise. I promise to wear a lei and shuffle, I always do that anyway, shuffle, not wear a lei.

Has anyone seen the captain since tea-time? I think he's done a runner again............if the posh evening frocks are putting him off, someone tell him it's grass skirts and sarongs tonight.

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Nope, haven't seen the captain since ages either.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Evening all

Sorry a bit late. Had a bit of an accident when me grass skirt got too close to someone's barbecue :shock: :roll:
    Anyway snaffled another one so I could join you and all these flowers smell lovely.
    Sorry Trish not sure about the Hawaiin shuffle kept tripping over me feet and I haven't even had a drink yet!! Must be time for one by now?
    Hope you all doing OK.
    Chris :wink:
  • trisher
    Options
    Well I have to dmit, I was in my wheelchair doing it , so it seemed easy.

Well lets do something else I still don't know about this seance though.

Who's going to be there??? Val ,Annie, Jan, Chris? Anyone??

Chris, please be careful, can't afford to have a naked flame about anywhere???

Joan

Who's doing it????
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher

OOooh, I'm too scared. There's been some spooky things happening round this ship, so don't want to tempt fate.
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Ooooooooooh, Trish, you used the word 'naked'! The Captain will be along any minute now.............you know what he's like!

Annie
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Evening all, ive got me grass skirt on, a nice pink bikini top ( hope it stays put as it keeps slipping) & flowers in my hair. isnt that a song :wink:
    Right time for a Hawana cocktail me thinks.
    debs
  • trisher
    Options
    I said naked flame. Not Naked people. Annie!!

I have just had an accident, My bra strap went ping then fell off.

I have had to cut a coconut into two and wear them, don't half itch though.

I have picked loads of those lovely flowers and wired them together and i have made a skirt.

I can't help falling in love with you. Wise men say la la da la
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi all, Guess what. Just for you elvis lovers i sent a text to an old friend who is an elvis impersonator & he's just flown in for us to put on a show.
    So get ready to swoon ladys. ITS ELVIS......Hoooray big cheers...

were caught in a trap
    i cant get out
    cause i love you to much babeey.
    we cant go on together with suspicious minds.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher

I've got a lovely picture in my mind now of you with a couple of coconuts for a bra :!: :!: Very itchy though :!: :!:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    minky67 wrote:
    Hi all, Guess what. Just for you elvis lovers i sent a text to an old friend who is an elvis impersonator & he's just flown in for us to put on a show.
    So get ready to swoon ladys. ITS ELVIS......Hoooray big cheers...

were caught in a trap
    i cant get out
    cause i love you to much babeey.
    we cant go on together with suspicious minds.

Hi Debs

That's brilliant !!!!

Some marvellous songs :!:

Although I remember once feeling really sorry for myself after I had been dumped by someone as a teenager, and they kept playing Are you lonesome tonight? And I was :cry:
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Good idea, though, Joan, coconut milk is very moisturising! Hmmmm, I think that's an idea for a nice long soak tomorrow!

It's about time we had some food - but if you are in your flowery bra and Trish is wearing coconuts, be careful where you spill things, please!

I'd like some of that unpronounceable pig! and apple sauce.

Annie