edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    1 day and counting . . . . . Morning dorcas, I hope all is well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi DD, Chris, speedy, Linda and bertyboy!

thanks for keeping me company on the countdown and for the (((hugs)) and hopes and good wishes too :D

(loved the 'neeps' and the sweet grass Chris! )

I'm feeling fine today....not too nervous about Monday, although it's constantly in my thoughts now!. having a lazy day sitting in the garden in warm sunshine and reading posts on my nifty wee netbook.

Elder daughter has gone off with a last minute shopping list.....well you didn't really believe I'd be that organised :lol: still not begun to pack...plenty of time yet...
    darling daughter is also getting the tubing for Linda's ingenious under arm solution...though she thinks we are all mad as hatters.

speedy....my twin and I are not identical..when we were little she looked like a blonde headed fragile angel and I looked like a curly-brown headed square shaped boy! I kept my brown hair but sis is now grey haired much to her annoyance.! I'm the only one in the family with arther (thankfuly)

there are also a few other twinsets ( :lol::lol: ) on the forum.

I've told the surgeon to expect a battered red bus to arrive on Monday carrying some rather 'eccentric' looking characters and who are going to be a noisy but very interested (nosey) audience.

....just a wee reminder peeps that he is very handsome but also married so hands off!

thanks everyone!

Iris xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Iris
    Just to say good luck for monday, dont worry we will all be there,If you see some strange looking nurses hobbling around it may be us lots in disguise.
    Dont worry we have cleaned the bus just for you, dont want to show you up now :):wink: sorry I have just cached up I have been away for a few days.
    You take care
    Love and hugs (((((()))))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Sounds like you have everything under control Iris. You've had some great ideas on here and I'm delighted you've gotten your Dogs sorted out too. I will be thinking of you all day on monday and sending good vibes and gentle hugs as always. I hope with all my heart it goes well for you and is successfull.
    Big hugs, always rita :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Eccentric? Us? Noisy? WHAT? Interested? (OK, that last one was too far.) Of course we are all three. Clock ticking VERY LOUDLY now. I just feel excited for you, this is something that will (oh I hope so) help so very, very much. That's the important thing. It is meant to help, isn't it? DD
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    thinking of you and hoping that all goes well for you.

hugs
    WOnky xxx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hello Iris

Just to say that I will be thinking about you on Monday and hope everything goes well.. Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as you are fit to use your laptop afterwards.

Best wishes

Marion
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Iris,

This is, as DD said, something that will really help you. I also know how useless one of my wrists is getting and you are trail blazing for those of us who might be heading in the same direction well thank you!

Right no more seriousness except to say I shall really be thinking of you Monday but also I shall be lurking in the corner and keeping an eye on them to do it right!

You enjoy your self tomorrow (well later today now :wink: ) and you just remember you have all of us rooting for you.

Love ((((( ))))) and of course another honey stick and a bowl of rabbit food..... If you are very good I will leave you some more neeps and carrots with fresh pulled grass, some hay and apples for afters :lol::lol::lol: Cris who also knows its a pleasure to know you! xxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Iris, just wanted to add my best wishes and hope you have a speedy recovery. Good luck for Monday and lots of hugs ((((((())))))) hope they help to keep you well. Love Brenda xx :D:D:D
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Iris,

The half asleep fool is just dropping you in a ((((( ))))) and a hope you are ok? Hey enjoy your day and will be thinking of you as soon as I have woken up my brain :wink: (((( )))) Cris xx
  • dorcas
    Options
    thanks Barbara, Rita, DD, Wonky, Marion, Chris, Cris and Brenda and all the other peeps who have so wonderfully supported me these past weeks... !
    what great messages....I feel a hundred feet tall after soaking up all your good wishes. :D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen:

the big day is almost upon me now (yes I can hear that loud ticking too DD) and I am properly psyched for the op...not too nervous...just enough adrenaline to get me to thinking that may be I should start packing. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm so glad that the big red bus has been given a good clean;it's been on the road quite a lot recently for so many of our lovely peeps :wink:

Cris, I'm so glad that you will be lurking in the corner of the room ..... make sure they op on the right wrist!

love the honey sticks but have noticed with all this extra feeding that my waist line has expanded so I'll need to do a few extra turns of the specially adapted hamster wheel !! e050.gif

For all peeps who have problem wrists....and as Cris says might be 'heading in the same direction'...fingers toes and eyes all crossed that this TWR is the answer.

much love and thanks to all.....Iris x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I want to wish you all the luck and love in the world Iris. You deserve it. Lots of stuff been keeping me off the Forum just lately, but will be thinking of you tomorrow, my love...........Ange 081.gif
  • caprica
    caprica Member Posts: 195
    Options
    Just wanted to add in my well wishes for tomorrow Iris, from one Scot to another!
    You're a very brave lady and I'm sure the op will help so much in the long run.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Iris,

Hey you have given so much to so many of us that it's only right we give some back. I was driving through a small village on the way home and s I turned right I suddenly thought Iris needs support and I am so glad its helped you.

You are indeed one brave lady and I sending you so much good luck and hopes as well as a (((((((((( )))))))))) and some honey sticks, chew sticks (they will stop you being bored) and as the official forum guinea pig... well we all will be with you and don;t forget that. You take so much care of your self and we shall miss you but be thinking of you. Don't forget that. Another ((( ))) Cris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    I want to wish you all the luck and love in the world Iris. You deserve it. Lots of stuff been keeping me off the Forum just lately, but will be thinking of you tomorrow, my love...........Ange 081.gif

Not long now Iris :D

Thinking of you

Love and hugs

Toni
    ps I hope you are ok Ange?? :?
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi babycham, Ange, Cris, caprica and Toni. :D:D

you are such a lovely lot...thanks for keeping me company today !

had a wee hint of the 'eeby jeebies' this afternoon so your timing in 'propping me up' is spot on. :roll: :wink:

I've already eaten all that was kindly placed in my wee cage for me and am blown up like a balloon with all that fine fodder. I won't need to be driven to hospital ...just need a string attached to my back paw :lol::lol:

seriously though I AM so grateful for your love and kindness and am glad you will all be 'with' me when I have the op.....just think by this time tomorrow I should be back in the ward!! yipee!!!

lots of love,

Iris x

Ange...I hope you are ok and that what's been keeping you away from the forum is not serious? (((hugs))).
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Would you like me to start a new thread dorcas, or carrry on with this one? Thinking of you VERY VERY hard. This is truly the worst bit, sweet girl and it's nearly over. DD
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Eeeeek, I am so far behind with it all! Mea culpa!

Iris, sorry for the rather belated good wishes, but do hope that you have a really successful op and recovery.

All the vets...um, sorry doctors will be gathered round tomorrow to witness this piece of medical history in the making....do make yourself presentable! Fur cleaned and shined, paws manicured, ears combed.

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Yup, The M.A.S.H. zone is all clean, tons and tons of straw . . let the shenanigans begin! DD
  • dorcas
    edited 6. Jun 2010, 14:11
    Options
    Hi Annie!!! thanks for the good wishes. :D my paws, ears and fur are all washed and brushed ready for tomorrow. e050.gif

that mad lot at M.A.S.H have created a house of horror over there on another LWA thread (airwave's) and I've naively booked myself in..........having read their shenanigans and rather 'demon barber' methods I've decided to try to get out and have already asked for my money back. :D:D:D
    if it weren't for the promise of fame (no fortune) I'd have been out of there long before now. ha ha!!

Hi DD......you are as mad as a hatter but so much fun....thanks for making me laugh!! ...and many thanks for all your messages of support.... this has been the toughest day! made a whole lot easier by peeps here on the forum.

Iris x
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    All the very very best for tomorrow,

From Jean and the forum team
  • dorcas
    Options
    thank you Jean and Team mod and helpline peeps too... :D:D

counting down in hours now...only twelve hours before I leave for the hossy! I suppose I should pack that bag........ :idea: :wink:

Iris x

otherwise & better known as the forum e050.gif
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Iris,
    Sorry you chicken out of the tight perm and the blue rinse.
    Iris, I will be thinking of you. You are a very special lady and we need you back here as soon as possible. Now be good and eat up all your greens. :wink:
    Sending lots of hugs and good vibes.

Lv, Ix
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Iris our little forum guinea pig e050.gif ....mind you if you keep eating all the treats Cris is giving you, you'll need a bigger cage. :shock:

Look after yourself and report back when you're comfortable and able to do so.
    c014.gif
    With love from Legs XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Iris,
    counting down in hours now...only twelve hours before I leave for the hossy! I suppose I should pack that bag........

I was packing mine in the early hours ... but boy did I remember to pack everything ...

This time tomorrow you'll have a new wrist!!! Take care - can't wait til you are back and posting again.

Speedy xxx
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.