Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh thank you Debs, you're right about the woods though, raspberries are known to hang out up in the woods, you can hear them calling out to each other in the still of the night, even the owls are scared of them, I once saw to rasps leap into the air and pluck a barn owl right out of it.. It was a very sordid affair, that poor owl, how it suffered, and I am sure there was a third berry filming it on a mobile phone ready to post it on you-tube.. :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Sounds like the ordeal has left you scarred for life.
    I wonder if theres anything on nurse Bubbles trolley to help you over come the ordeal.
    I brought some raspberry infused tea the other day (Im trying to stay off the caffine at night,thinking about it i wonder if i should stay off here at night instaed :wink::lol: ) i wonder if tackling it head on with the infused tea would help.
    were getting madder by the day :wink:
    debs
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    what noise do they make can here funny noises coming from across the road??? Hot chocolate please.....
  • minky67
    Options
    obviuosly they blow raspberrys :lol::lol::lol: sorry couldnt resist.
    Hot choccy it is.
    debs
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Raspberry tea, my God woman, that's what they want us to drink, you've probably got thousands of them growing inside you waiting for the berry revolution.. I recommend a good strong laxative and an excorsism immediately....

As for what noise they make, well I will never forget that sound.. It was like satan himself was crying with constipation.. It was enough to make a grown man cry.. I wept a little too :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    Options
    ummmm unless they are undercover i think they must be blueberries....they have flashing lights like firer flies...phew.
    I am off to bed hopefully at work tomorrow. Ummm great hot chocolate and low the marsh mellows. Nite nite.
  • minky67
    Options
    Oh dear, I have rushed to the bathroom to take said laxatives & OH said he will perform the exorcism asap :shock:
    I have flushed the raspberry tea down the loo (shame as it was nice too)
    I can now hear OH rumaging through the kitchen drawers (As long as he stays outta mine :wink: :shock: )
    debs (now worried) :?
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Think it is high time I said hello and evening, well, morning now, to one and all, trust everyone is as ok as possible, sending hugs to all four corners of the land.
    Been busy with family, on set of folks one day, other the next, now a bit pooped.
    Off to the GP today, then Mum to the hospital Tuesday, then me to the cardiologist Wednesday, never rains lest it pours. I thought I had retired from hospitals and clinics, now I am on the other side of the coin, on an almost full time basis :roll: :roll:

Blowing a gale here, icy blasts.

Raspberries, are they causing troubles, seeds growing, laxatives, goodness, I had best be stocking up my night trolley. :shock:

Let me pop the kettle on, we need hot honey and lemon drinks, to keep out the cold.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Haha, good evenig Bubbles, hope things go ok at all of your appintments. I am just about to say goodnight to you all, should try to sleep, have a long drive ahead tomorrow and have to be alert for stray berries..

Will probably not get a chance to log in in the morning and won't be back till next saturday, so hope everyone takes good care and someone please look after the DVD library, so far nobody has voluteered for the job. Laminating the ID's isnt that hard is it? Lol

Bye for now

Tony
    X :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • minky67
    Options
    Nite night Lupin.
    hi Bubbles, busy week ahead for you then.
    hope all goes well & i will be ready for pocket duties.
    debs
  • minky67
    Options
    Dont worry about the DVDs im sure they will be safe.
    Have a great time & see yer when you get back.
    debs
  • bubbles
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Haha, good evenig Bubbles, hope things go ok at all of your appintments. I am just about to say goodnight to you all, should try to sleep, have a long drive ahead tomorrow and have to be alert for stray berries..

Will probably not get a chance to log in in the morning and won't be back till next saturday, so hope everyone takes good care and someone please look after the DVD library, so far nobody has voluteered for the job. Laminating the ID's isnt that hard is it? Lol

Bye for now

Tony
    X :D

I will take care of the DVD library, how's that. Laminating, well, i will see how I get on. Take lots of care and safe journeys. XXX Bubbles
  • bubbles
    Options
    minky67 wrote:
    Nite night Lupin.
    hi Bubbles, busy week ahead for you then.
    hope all goes well & i will be ready for pocket duties.
    debs

Thanks Hun, not looking forward to Tuesday or Wed, but, with people in my pockets, I will feel better, for sure. Tuesday is for Mum's appointment, she is so frail and I am SO protective of her and want to make sure that she has the best care from every member of medical staff, I will be like Hattie Jaques and no mistake. Wed, cardiologist will be checking I have not had any more silent heart attacks, (as I have had in the past), anyway, must stop, or I will be bawling good and proper. Let's have a huge cup of T and lots of shortbread.
  • minky67
    Options
    Aw sounds good to me.
    cherry shortbread & oddles of tea makes things better.
    have you got anything on the trolley for burning knees?
    debs
  • bubbles
    Options
    minky67 wrote:
    Aw sounds good to me.
    cherry shortbread & oddles of tea makes things better.
    have you got anything on the trolley for burning knees?
    debs

Mmmmmmm, some full strength arnica gel, nice and cooling, apply as much as you want as often as you like. Reminds me, I will get some tomorrow when I collect my shipping order of drugs.

Cherry shortcakes and T, coming right up.

I will leave you with them and keep and eye on the trolley, will take my pills and sit in my comfy chair a while and try and be calm. You take lots of care, hugs in abundance to one and all, rest well. (the health stores usually sell good brands of arnica gel). n night XXX Bubbles.
  • minky67
    Options
    Thanks Bubbles, i will have a look Tuesday when i go out.
    Ive got my lorry load of pills in already. my tins are filled up for the month :shock: " carry bags full :shock:
    I must go to bed too, look at the time :shock:
    night & hope all goes well for next week.
    debs
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Just popped in for a hot choccy, already missing my pals and hope they come back, love and hugs Brenda xxxx :?
  • lupin15
    Options
    morning...cup of hot chocolate please it is horrible out there....no sign of the raspberries but they have probably got washed away down the beck.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    afternoon all :D

I see the hot choccy is out :D:D:D yes please!

it is cold and windy here ..... but not doing well getting washing dried because of the cold.

A bowl of soup will be in order soon soon methinks ...... anyone for pea soup & soda bread? I'll leave it on the side for anyone who pops in.

hugs to all

WOnky
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Oh some soup would be nice and I got some turnip one if you'd like to swap?

Tis sunny here, between the showers but the wind blew its self out early hours.... since the electric guys were up poles all over the place its a shame it couldn't do it sooner... I do worry about them being that high up in a 7-8......

Hi to my mate she of the little legs and a slurp from him. ((( ))) Cris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Cris

she sends slurps and tail ways back, and is growling at me to let her out so I better go downstairs and do her bidding :roll: :wink:

hugs to you all ((((((((())))))))

Wonky
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi all popped in for some thing warming its pereshing out there ,whats on the menu stew and dumpies soup and crusty bread , treacle sponge and custard , somt thing to stick to the ribs and a good cuppper x will just put some more logs on the fire xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi All,

Berty more logs is good :D xx

Jan I got the ark on standby and hope your sister got her electric back now :lol::lol: Primmy said do you want to borrow a wet suit as well?! xx

Oh easier to see for me at least..... hope nobody minds though?

Getting a builders and then back to the boat to round up the ducks.....

You all stay warm and hugs by the door xx
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    popped in for a coffee and to say hi, hope your all ok.

coco xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Ooooh, a large builders please and some toasted teacakes with honey.

The garden is a paddling pool, but the rain stopped mid-morning here, the wind dropped and it's been a very good day since then. I'm told the wind and rain is going to reappear overnight?

Whatever, now that I've eaten the teacakes, I'll have some Marmite toast.
    Annie